It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Subway To Use Devices To Read Data On Phones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Moscow Subway To Use Devices To Read Data On Phones

www.rferl.org

The head of police for Moscow's subway system has said stations will soon be equipped with devices that can read the data on the mobile telephones of passengers.

n the July 29 edition of "Izvestia," Moscow Metro police chief Andrei Mokhov said the device would be used to help locate stolen mobile phones.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What's this?

Russia is installing mobile phone readers?

Sure why not Russia is the 'beacon' of freedom and democracy in the world!

The last best hope of what freedom looks like in the world!

Ok not really, but quite a few people on ATS seem to love mother Russia to death. As if that system is 'only' going to check for 'stolen' mobile phones.

Home of the KGB turn FSB, and praises sung so often for Russia I hear, that country is no better than the evil west.

www.rferl.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok not really, but quite a few people on ATS seem to love mother Russia to death. As if that system is 'only' going to check for 'stolen mobile phones;.

Never got that impression for many people around here. Those that do must like the mafia.

To read mobile phones eh? So it's probably safe to say the KGB and Motha Russia have some "Prism" experience as well..

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Snowden in Russia...

Russia doing domestic spying...

I wonder where they got that experience from?

Seems like a conspiracy to me.

-SAP-
edit on 30-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Never got that impression for many people around here. Those that do must like the mafia.

I have talking about ME issues, and the blank stares I get when I mention they are a bigger spy than we are.

To read mobile phones eh? So it's probably safe to say the KGB and Motha Russia have some "Prism" experience as well..

That would be a most definately after all when the Boston Bombing happened 'wiretaps' of conversations of Tsarnev and family where 'handed' over to the US.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

This just proves how this whole Snowden thing is a charade.
In the face of the public they act upset, their all the same, US, EU, ASIA, Mother Russia.

They are all part of A brave new world.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Senduko because: A not the

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Russia and the KGB are not new to the whole spy game. Actually Russia and America have both been active in spying since the cold war and even earlier.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have talking about ME issues, and the blank stares I get when I mention they are a bigger spy than we are.

Ehyah, if there's something Russia has been doing for much longer than the US it's certainly spying....

That would be a most definately after all when the Boston Bombing happened 'wiretaps' of conversations of Tsarnev and family where 'handed' over to the US.

I'd forgotten all about that.

Funny what a few months of non issue news can make you forget eh?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I know, Its just the farce in front of the camera's that annoys the c*** out of me.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I wonder if this is how they got the idea.

Researchers hack Verizon device, turn it into mobile spy station

Femtocells, which act as tiny cellphone towers, can be purchased directly from Verizon for $250. Used models can be obtained online for about $150.

Femtocell
is a small, low-power cellular base station, typically designed for use in a home or small business. A broader term which is more widespread in the industry is small cell, with femtocell as a subset. It connects to the service provider’s network via broadband (such as DSL or cable); current designs typically support two to four active mobile phones in a residential setting, and eight to 16 active mobile phones in enterprise settings. A femtocell allows service providers to extend service coverage indoors or at the cell edge, especially where access would otherwise be limited or unavailable. Although much attention is focused on WCDMA, the concept is applicable to all standards, including GSM, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX and LTE solutions.
For a mobile operator, the attractions of a femtocell are improvements to both coverage and capacity, especially indoors. Consumers benefit from improved coverage and potentially better voice quality and battery life. Depending on the carrier they may also be offered more attractive tariffs, e.g., discounted calls from home.
Femtocells are an alternative way to deliver the benefits of fixed-mobile convergence (FMC). The distinction is that most FMC architectures require a new (dual-mode) handset which works with existing unlicensed spectrum home/enterprise wireless access points, while a femtocell-based deployment will work with existing handsets but requires installation of a new access point that uses licensed spectrum.
Many operators have launched femtocell service, including Vodafone, SFR, AT&T, Sprint Nextel, Verizon and Mobile TeleSystems.
In 3GPP terminology, a Home Node B (HNB) is a 3G femtocell. A Home eNode B (HeNB) is an LTE femtocell.
Typically the range of a standard base station may be up to 35 kilometres (22 mi), a microcell is less than two kilometers wide, a picocell is 200 meters or less, and a femtocell is on the order of 10 meters, although AT&T calls its product, with a range of 40 feet (12 m), a "microcell".

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No wonder why they didn't want snowden to say anything about the US.

It's all clear now. It's making more sense now.

Funny stuff!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I usually don't have much to say about China and Russia because it's kind of expected in ways.

I speak out against the US in such manners because they should be held to a much higher standard.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Moscow Metro says new tracking system is to find stolen phones; no one believes them

Experts: Russians are probably using fake cell tower devices for surveillance.

Many outside experts, both in and outside Russia, though, believe that what local authorities are actually deploying is a “stingray,” or “IMSI catcher”—a device that can fool a phone and SIM into reading from a fake mobile phone tower. (IMSI, or an International Mobile Subscriber Identity number, is a 15-digit unique number that sits on every SIM card.) Such devices can be used as a simple way to see what phone numbers are being used in a given area or even to intercept the audio of voice calls.

“Many surveillance technologies are created and deployed with legitimate aims in mind, however the deploying of IMSI catchers sniffing mobile phones en masse is neither proportionate nor necessary for the stated aims of identifying stolen phones,” Eric King of Privacy International told Ars.

arstechnica.com...

Really why would anyone believe them especially with the decade long knowledge of cell phone GPS tracking.

Hell write a lojack app for phones problem solved no need for 'sniffers'.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Interesting place to put IMSI catcher. To be honest the gov could just put a bunch of towers in a city to catch ALL IMSI if they wanted or just ask the telecom company to give their data lol

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What's hilarious to me is that there are a whole slew of conservatives who hate "pinko commies" that are now thinking that Russia's new anti-gay morals are the bees knees and it's causing some awkward back-peddling.

I think quite a few Christian conservatives are digging his bigotry but unsure of his commie ways. It's delightful to watch these people squirm.

Maybe if FOX spins this as a way for Putin to catch gay people through their phones, Russia just might win America's hearts.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by neo96

Ok not really, but quite a few people on ATS seem to love mother Russia to death. As if that system is 'only' going to check for 'stolen mobile phones;.

~Tenth

I've never read any comment on here by anyone that has heralded Russia, a mafia state, as a beacon of freedom.

Neo just doesn't like the fact that Edward Snowden blew the whistle on the government that he claims to hate, yet gets upset when someone speaks truth to power and the corporations(who rule our country) that he worships. This is what this about, and nothing more.

That said...it would not shock me if this same technology is already employed in the United States.

Time to clean out the naughty pictures in my cell phone.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by neo96

What's hilarious to me is that there are a whole slew of conservatives who hate "pinko commies" that are now thinking that Russia's new anti-gay morals are the bees knees and it's causing some awkward back-peddling.

I think quite a few Christian conservatives are digging his bigotry but unsure of his commie ways. It's delightful to watch these people squirm.

Maybe if FOX spins this as a way for Putin to catch gay people through their phones, Russia just might win America's hearts.

What the hell does that have to do with cell phone reading in Russia?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by neo96

What the hell does that have to do with cell phone reading in Russia?

You were talking about people who are in love with Russia lately and Putin using phones for spying.

I was talking about those same two things. People liking Russia and phones being used for spying.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

was talking about those same two things. People liking Russia and phones being used for spying.

Really?

Political Trolling

Political Trolling

Political Trolling.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Of course Putin "likes" Russia... He runs the country... As far as the phone comment... I don't see that in you're post...

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join