It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings – “Foul Play Or Not” – Do you have a plausible theory?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

What would motivate the police to maintain the "No Foul Play" stance if it were not the case?

On the day of the accident they would have known if explosives had been used. There is absolutely no doubt about it. At that time they would have upgraded the investigation and made the indication that there was foul play.

I am wondering why the toxicology results haven't been published yet. There were 2 actors that died in the last 4 weeks. James Gondolfini and Corey Monteith. In both cases complete toxicology results were made avaliable within 4 days. So really, what is taking so long in this case. Did they get a positive on anything and decide to send the sample back to the lab for a retest. If that were the case it would explain the delay.

It has been said that Hastings' body was cremated without consent. Where did that information come from? The only place I have found that information is on other conspiracy sites. Kim D'Vorack reported that she got that information from a family friend. It would definitely lend more credibility if that was something that came from the family itself.

Speaking of Kim D'Vorak it is, at this point, hard to lend any faith in what she is reporting as the first segment she reported on riddled with errors. So, for me, I am pitching that 'Ol Gal on the OUT Pile. She has about as much credibility as Before Its News.

I also wanted to mention the Suicide Theory.
Several things come to mind. I am not saying that these are facts, but rather typical indicators.
When someone commits suicide they tend to leave a note. They want the world to know why. I would find this especially true for a journalist who has spent their life writing. I also do not believe it was suicide because of the reckless abandon. If you reflect on Michael's character you will discover that he was a kind, caring, and considerate individual. Which it why it does not make sense that he would do this with complete disregard for human life.

Today, July 30, marks 6 weeks to the day of the Hastings’s accident.
We are due to get some new information anytime soon.
Hopefully, with what new information is made public, we will be able to close in on the exact cause.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by WanDash

...aahhh the age old corpus delecti " one needs to include "motive". "
...motive,, so then Logical we must ask,,,"who has most too gain."

True. But - when the list of potential beneficiaries is a long as can be proven, in this case, the task grows daunting.
According to this excerpt from the Selective silencing article...

...It is speculated that the...information was of particular concern to as yet unidentified individuals holding positions of authority within the U.S. Department of Defense and their subcontractors, as well as certain parties within the Executive branch of the United States government. Investigation and research suggests that Mr. Hastings might have obtained, or arranged to obtain information pertaining to the role of a particular high-ranking officer within the U.S. military overseeing the domestic aspects of the NSA project.

...and...the general focus of THE SECRET WAR... (both articles - thanks to miner49r) ...there may be a "prime" suspect.
But - again - there were others with motive, who could have been waiting for 'someone-else' to take the lead role as prime suspect...before exacting their "revenge", as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

He was working on a "big story"

Every Reporter on the Planet claims to be working on a "Big Story". So how are they Not All dead?

edit on 30-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

'holding positions of authority within the U.S. Department of Defense ",,so this is where u STOP.,, out of your hands now. As a good citizen,, "See something.Say something."

U.S. Department of Defense answers too, its Commanders.
end of story.

ohh wait its America,,,en.wikipedia.org... this guys ball.

upload.wikimedia.org...

did u know George Washingtons,, Coat of Arms,,,had 3 Stars.

edit on 30-7-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by WanDash

What would motivate the police to maintain the "No Foul Play" stance if it were not the case?

I am not saying that the LAPD are complicit…nor am I saying they are not… But – your question is valid (imo).
As I have questioned, before… At what point would the police (fire department, medical examiner) have known/cared to suspect anything more or less than “tragic ending to a stupid stunt”? Most likely, well after the streets had been cleaned and the grass mowed.
There are published photos of well-wishers/mourners at the “memorial tree” holding a palm full of debris (remnants) collected from the surroundings…that was obviously not taken by “the investigative authorities”.
How many crimes have gone unsolved…because they weren’t treated as (considered) a crime initially?
How much evidence is out the window?
Example – If the translation/interpretation of the security footage was accurate…and, the first “flash” was, in fact, the hydrant damaging the undercarriage & rupturing the fuel line…then…there should have been a trail of fuel/gasoline from that spot to the tree (since the throttle was apparently in a ‘high-demand’ position). This information would be extremely relevant to determining the cause of the fire. Yet – we see the firemen walking all over the area… Obviously the water is washing away any evidences around the hydrant-location… And, by the following afternoon/evening (at the latest), the grass had been mowed.

On the day of the accident they would have known if explosives had been used. There is absolutely no doubt about it. At that time they would have upgraded the investigation and made the indication that there was foul play.

Maybe. I can’t go as far as you have on this. So – we’ll agree to disagree on this point. If you can prove that in and under ALL circumstances, there is no way “explosives” could have gotten past “the authorities”…then, of course, I’ll agree. I, however, am not knowledgeable enough in such matters to be able to accept your statement.

I am wondering why the toxicology results haven't been published yet. There were 2 actors that died in the last 4 weeks. James Gondolfini and Corey Monteith. In both cases complete toxicology results were made avaliable within 4 days. So really, what is taking so long in this case. Did they get a positive on anything and decide to send the sample back to the lab for a retest. If that were the case it would explain the delay.

Again – I could only speculate. As I have stated in another thread… My uncle died last year under “suspicious circumstances”, and the toxicology reports were not available for 6 weeks.

It has been said that Hastings' body was cremated without consent. Where did that information come from? The only place I have found that information is on other conspiracy sites. Kim D'Vorack reported that she got that information from a family friend. It would definitely lend more credibility if that was something that came from the family itself.

I do not believe the “without consent” aspect of the allegation is true. It seems that Sgt Biggs took a step (or two) back from that statement within a few days of its first publication.

Speaking of Kim D'Vorak it is, at this point, hard to lend any faith in what she is reporting as the first segment she reported on riddled with errors. So, for me, I am pitching that 'Ol Gal on the OUT Pile. She has about as much credibility as Before Its News.

Yeah –that’s frustrating. She may be an otherwise good reporter/journalist…but, got stuck on an erroneous fact, and…haven’t listened to her take/s since.

I also wanted to mention the Suicide Theory.
Several things come to mind. I am not saying that these are facts, but rather typical indicators.
When someone commits suicide they tend to leave a note. They want the world to know why. I would find this especially true for a journalist who has spent their life writing. I also do not believe it was suicide because of the reckless abandon. If you reflect on Michael's character you will discover that he was a kind, caring, and considerate individual. Which it why it does not make sense that he would do this with complete disregard for human life.

I find “suicide” as motivation, to be as problematic as almost any other possibility…for many of the same reasons as you mention. If he wanted a “high-speed crash”…the highway or interstate might have served better… Too many possibilities for “interruption” to the scheme on the road he was travelling.

Today, July 30, marks 6 weeks to the day of the Hastings’s accident.
We are due to get some new information anytime soon.
Hopefully, with what new information is made public, we will be able to close in on the exact cause.

Agreed! Hopefully – new information. On the other hand…I don’t want to be sitting in “gullibility mode” when the information goes public. I want to be able to weigh it against as many facts as possible…to see if I’m going to accept it (outright), or if it leaves questions unanswered.
Which, is kind of, the point of this exercise.
Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by WanDash

...'holding positions of authority within the U.S. Department of Defense ",,so this is where u STOP.,, out of your hands now. As a good citizen,, "See something.Say something."
...U.S. Department of Defense answers too, its Commanders.
end of story.
...ohh wait its America,,,en.wikipedia.org... this guys ball.
...did u know George Washingtons,, Coat of Arms,,,had 3 Stars.

Well - yeah - I suppose...
I was in the military...and...just because they (whomever "they" are) have authority...doesn't mean they are acting responsibly with it... They are just like the rest of us... Self-centered...looking out for #1 (which is NOT the nation...but the individual)...and...on a never-ending quest for "job security & more power".
What does the "3 Stars" in Washington's Coat of Arms signify to you?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

well the first one is Honor.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Hopefully – new information

Well, Well, .. . Wan

Here is some new information.

This is on the Drudge Report. It was just posted today.

The lawsuit follows the FBI's failure to respond to separate Freedom of Information Act requests for records on Hastings submitted by journalist Jason Leopold of al-Jazeera and Massachusetts Institute of Technology researcher Ryan Shapiro.

New Info Link

What the hell is with that? al-Jazeera ? MIT?

Now why do you suppose those guy want that information?

I do find it interesting that the FBI completely ignored their FOIA Requests.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Massachusetts Institute of Technology researcher Ryan Shapiro.,,,,Massachusetts Institute of Technology,,aint that in Boston?,,,still.?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by WanDash

...Well, Well, .. . Wan
...Here is some new information.
...This is on the Drudge Report. It was just posted today.

The lawsuit follows the FBI's failure to respond to separate Freedom of Information Act requests for records on Hastings submitted by journalist Jason Leopold of al-Jazeera and Massachusetts Institute of Technology researcher Ryan Shapiro.

...New Info Link
...What the hell is with that? al-Jazeera ? MIT?
...Now why do you suppose those guy want that information?
...I do find it interesting that the FBI completely ignored their FOIA Requests.

DreamingAwake posted reference & excerpts to the article written by Jason Leopold, published by Freedom of the Press Foundation, yesterday.
I didn't recall that he was associated with Al Jazeera...but - now that you've called my attention to it - the article is pretty interesting with regard to how much "attention" Michael Hastings was getting from various sources in the government.
As you say - "why" ignore FOIA requests...if there's nothing in the files ANYWAY!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Massachusetts Institute of Technology,,aint that SunMicro,,and mr. Flash Player?
sorry computer geeks only.
and did the F.B.I,,state that my Winows platform was gonna get hit by Al Quda?,,,but not in Canada?,,ya there was a sight were u could go check,,,,,
anyone? remember?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The guy was taken out because he was going to reveal too much sensitive information.

I don't know why anyone even questions that for one moment considering the "strange" circumstances
involved.

Some commented they thought he may have committed suicide.. balderdash.. he was "suicided"

edit on 30-7-2013 by SubSea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SubSea

what if the elite are so disconnected from reality,, that they killed him for something we all knew already,,,"there watching",,,

ya we know.

sad.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I never noticed in any previous threads where it had been and I haven't had time to go through this latest one. Has anyone ever traced any of the emails using the ip addresses in the email headers? That might tell us something about where it /they actually came from. Just a thought..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BilboBaggins3
reply to post by WanDash

...Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I never noticed in any previous threads where it had been and I haven't had time to go through this latest one. Has anyone ever traced any of the emails using the ip addresses in the email headers? That might tell us something about where it /they actually came from. Just a thought..

I am guessing that the investigator (Mr. Hagmann) may have done so...
You might think that others with access to the same (set of emails), could have done the same.
If "this" was done by "bad guys" with the wherewithal and tech-savvy to facilitate the crash (and the drive leading-up-to the crash)...they are probably not novices at "hiding their tracks". (imo)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
The guy was taken out because he was going to reveal too much sensitive information.
...I don't know why anyone even questions that for one moment considering the "strange" circumstances
involved.
...Some commented they thought he may have committed suicide.. balderdash.. he was "suicided"

Thanks for the contribution, Subsea
It almost doesn't matter what side of the argument you lean toward (Foul Play or No Foul Play)...but rather - can you put forth a reasonable & plausible theory on "how" it was done?
That is "why" I have placed as many "facts", "peripheral facts", innuendos and circumstances into the subject matter of this thread... --- to enable you or anyone to lay it on the line (if you will)...
Say - "He was assassinated! It's evident!"
But explain - "How" that took place.
And, in so doing, be prepared for your theory (perhaps piece by piece) to be tested and vetted.
Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hi WanDash, whilst checking on Joe Biggs Twitter account I came across a reference to an article which claimed explosives were involved amongst other things.. I started posting links to it thinking it was posted 29th of July and may have contained new bit of evidence. But it looked rather familiar and then it dawned on me that the article was dated June 29th ...

Well, at least I didn't waste your time and realised ... lol , I am off to get some sleep.
keep up the good work

edit on 30-7-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowaconstricta
Hi WanDash, whilst checking on Joe Biggs Twitter account I came across a reference to an article which claimed explosives were involved amongst other things.. I started posting links to it thinking it was posted 29th of July and may have contained new bit of evidence. But it looked rather familiar and then it dawned on me that the article was dated June 29th ...

Well, at least I didn't waste your time and realised ... lol , I am off to get some sleep.
keep up the good work

Hey - Ho - Well thanks Bowa'

Look forward to hearing more from you.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If you would offer a theory aligned with the “Foul Play” argument, you might want to consider some of the following, in addition to the other facts of this case…

The climate surrounding unauthorized disclosures related to the USA’s (and, more specifically – the FBI, NSA, CIA and even DHS) intelligence-gathering movements, both foreign and at home had been heating for a while…with one of the more notorious incidents just coming to a boil, when, on May 20th, 2013, in an interview with “The Young Turks”, Michael Hastings, showing genuine frustration with the Federal government…
boldly and vehemently stated –

“…the Obama Administration has clearly declared war on the press…on investigative journalists…our sources… I think the only recourse…is to say back to the government – We Declare War On You…and we should no longer cooperate with the government when we’re doing national security stories… We should withdraw all our cooperation…and we should publish everything we know…because it’s a ‘free press’, not a ‘free when the government tells me to do it, press’…and we’ve been waaaayyy to easy-going with these guys – we’ve let them get away with this for years – we’ve let them tell us what to print – what not to print – and I say ‘be done with it’ – and everybody needs to get together and fire back…because no-one-else is going to defend the press… We have no constituency…”

Other considerations:

Had Hastings been prepping his wife…for this “going off the radar” move?

Was he “already gone” by the time the email was sent…or…by the time he last spoke with Jennifer Robinson…or…by 4:20 a.m., the following morning?

Did his wife know where he went?

He surely knew that his “smart-phone” would be “trackable” by the parties he was seeking to elude…

Was there some clandestine method of communication that had been prearranged by the couple?

Was she (his wife) supposed to “get out of town” shortly after his disappearance?

It would be entirely conceivable (and/or likely) that the NSA, FBI, CIA…whomever...was aware of Hasting’s email…as soon as it was sent.

Hastings was surely aware that his “smart phone” could be tracked (with GPS tracking)…

Do you think he took it along…? Or – might he have arranged for someone-else to purchase a “pre-paid cell phone” in advance.

He had visited with Jennifer Robinson earlier in the week…but (presumably) did not include her in the email sent earlier.

Did he call her after dropping off the radar?

If so – how did she know it was him calling?

If the NSA/etc…knew of the earlier email…and…was intent on putting a stop to his nonsense…might they have an ear on the phones, emails, Facebook pages, etc…of every known acquaintance and friend… …and tapped in to his conversation with Jennifer Robinson…?

Was he already settled into some prearranged safe-house (seedy motel?)…?

If so --- --- --- why was he out driving…toward his own place of business (the offices of BuzzFeed), at 4 a.m., that night (morning)?

Were “they” able to “lure” him into his car…by calling the pre-paid phone (or – motel phone, or otherwise), with a threat to his wife and/or family?

How did they know he would be going to (headed down) North Highland Avenue?

If the “method” was – car hacking – where did they take control of the car?

What functions did they take control of?

How did they take control?

How did they maintain control…without allowing an opportunity for him to escape (alive)?

And…ultimately…how did they ensure that the vehicle would not wreck earlier in the route…(at a lower speed)…and… and …and… and …how did they facilitate the “explosion” and “all-engulfing fire”?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Oh - Oh - Oh - Mr. Cotter!!!!
I found an answer to something I think is very relevant to questions I've been asking...
Don't have all the specifics...but...
A gentleman has placed a video on YouTube attempting to prove that the water is coming from underground-ruptured pipes... (He simply didn't have miner49r to straighten him out, like I did...)
Here is the YouTube video...
That, however is not the point...
A responder to his video stated...

...Adriaen22Wordpress 3 weeks ago
You did an outstanding job on this video!!! But I ask you to rethink the concrete/water main/crater theory. There was a U shaped hard plastic pipe there. The pipe was sheared off and it traveled quite a distance at a high velocity. It ended up scarring a tree in the front yard of a home near Clinton on the north bound side. The police found it deep in the yard.  I have a photo of the pipe stump if you'd like to see...just go to my blog. adriaen22

That is absolutely relevant...concerning the possibility of whether the undercarriage could have been damaged and the fuel line ruptured by the "protruding pipe"...as...there...it seems apparent that - the pipe was already on its way down the street by the time the undercarriage &/or fuel line would have been in an appropriate position to receive such damage (or - to engage the pipe).

If you don't see the significance I do... No worries... I'll just sit on it, 'til it gels.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join