It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings – “Foul Play Or Not” – Do you have a plausible theory?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by WanDash

...I am currently working on something. I will not give it away here, but if an when I get it finished it is sure to be a hell of a read. I Promise.
...You have broken down the details quite well in this post.
...If you were documenting Pros and Cons, Pros being No Foul Play, and the Cons being Foul Play you could easily deduce that the Pros have it.
...But,
...This is Not that simple. With what marginal amount of information has been provided, coupled with the "Unusual Circumstances", it seems that the unlimited possibilities are unparallel only by that of a Fractal.
. . . There are medications that you can take that cause "Sleep Driving".
...an article that was written by the Washington Post. It contains allot of good information
......a Terrifying article written by Psychology Today about Sleep Driving and Sleep Killing.
...Though this is rare, the possibility is still there.
...On the psycho side I am not ruling out Bi-Polar or other disorders, but, want to point out that typically, when someone in the public eye has those sorts of issues, it tends to become somewhat public.
...As far as the drone strike goes, I am in complete agreement, there is absolutely no information to make this even a possibility. Missiles make noise. Aside from that the witness would have seen it. Also the damage would have been quite obviously a missile strike.
...Hopefully I have added and will continue to add to the discussion.
...Like you, I am interested in, what really happened, and putting and end to the conspiracy rumors.

Thanks a ton for the articles.
If I weren't as close as I am to a certain person, I might not believe such things were possible... But, this person has too many witnesses (eye-witnesses, etc)...since childhood - and, while the instances are more rare, nowadays - they do still occur...sometimes with very embarrassing results.

Will get back to this...as I am being pulled away, again.
(looking forward to the treatise you're working on)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

The wife does seem interesting with the things you posted. I did not know any thing about her. So it was all new to me. I went off on a rabbit hole trip trying to find a big picture. That picture includes many other things going on with the NSA. I was looking at the Boston Bombers trips over seas and where he went. One was Kyrgyzstan where he then changed over to a Kyrgyzstan passport before doing the rest of his travels. Why is that interesting.

cryptome.org...

Kyrgyzstan has one of the servers for the NSA X-Keyscore spy program. His Uncle Ruslan had a interesting tie to the CIA and even had his daughter marry a CIA Agent Graham Fuller. Then his friend is killed in a interview in Florida. His wife's mother is in the US Army overseas. The FBI is now trying to take her benefits and other things from her.

vk.com...

Here is the page saying she is getting attacked by FBI.

yana-whoknwz.tumblr.com...

And this is not the only thing I was looking at. Thomas Donilon the NSA adviser to Obama was in Russia with his counterparts when the Boston Bombing took place. They now give FBI database to Russia to view at will. Is that a NSA agreement for spying?

The wife of the Boston Bomber above also has strange place marked on her cellphone pasted in her photo album. Such as this.

vk.com...

That would be where a Russian military base is.

goo.gl...

The airport in Kyrgyzstan used by our military seems to be a lot of Russian aircraft and listening equipment.

Transit Center at Manas (formerly Manas Air Base and unofficially Ganci Air Base) is a U.S. military installation at Manas International Airport.
goo.gl...

Just a little distance away.

goo.gl...

With lots of spy equipment belonging to Russia.
www.panoramio.com...

The distance between the two.
goo.gl...

You also have the wife coming to the US to get her husband who was shot but not going to Florida instead going to Los Angeles. Her profile from above at VK still says that is where she is.

And then you have another terrorist attack in Santa Monica California. John Zawahri killed family members then went to a college to kill more people. His Aunt Neda Zawahiri works for our government on conflict resolution of water ways in every hot spot around the world where our military is fighting. His father had ham radio at his house good for contacting her while she was overseas. So were they spies for the NSA and our military? The Santa Monica guy was tied to Jordan Military. So is this international spies working with the NSA? And there kids are dong attacks against the US that thier parents are working for? And this picture all ways bothered me.

Was Tamerlan a CIA operative?

Tamerlan.

CIA agent in Lybia.

He spoke 7 languages they know of. Trained in boxing and martial arts. His uncle was working for CIA to funnel money to Chechnya for anti Russian attacks.

This would all be one hell of a story if this could be what Hastings was working on. And don't forget Gareth Williams UK guy found in a duffle bag in his shower. He worke with a female NSA agent for a mont before she was gone back to the US and he was found dead in bag in his shower.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

"One was Kyrgyzstan where he then changed over to a Kyrgyzstan passport ",,ok still normal reporter acting like british bulldog.Sounds like a good "investigative journalist",,,called following a lead.
i'll read on,, interestinngk,,

edit on 3-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

ok in THIS day and age, i find this part very hard too accept,,and i quote from u "even had his daughter marry "

Show of hands,,how many Fathers have a say in whom there daughter will marry???????????

or am i missing something?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

"They now give FBI database to Russia to view at will.",,umm yaa,,ever since Arnold Swartnegger,,and had to go too Ney Yorkski,,,, anyone remember,, Red Square i think,,good movie,,,but ya everyone knows internationaly they co-operate with Federal Police,,,or Kgb i think it was called then,,but that was so long ago.

fbi talking too russia,, no biggy.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

They now have complete access to the terrorism database at will.

Thread I made about the US and Russian actions after the Boston Bombing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Forbes article saying FBI is giving access to the FBI databases to Russia.
www.forbes.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Whats the chances of the daughter of a spy marrying a person who is a spy? What do they try to keep the spy business in the family? It is strange and makes you wonder what is going on. And how close were the two families?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

apparently she loved him enough too marry him,,willingly,,,, or is that what u dont get?
It may be a cultural ignorance on my part.it is an international site,, here,, on ATS.

edit on 3-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That is some Damn Excellent Info JBA.

Do we mind if I throw a Monkey Wrench in there .. . ... .. . ?

WHERE IS THE STORY HE WAS WORKING ON ? ? ? ?

WHO IN THE HELL HAS ACCESS TO THOSE FILES ? ? ?

WILL THAT STORY COME TO FRUITING FOR WHOM EVER PICKED IT UP FROM WHERE IT FELL?

It dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that if he was working on a Big Story that someone Now has their hands on it.

edit on 3-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thanks JBA2848, BobAthome & Shadellac'...
Interesting topic... Odd that, when I was looking into Elise Jordan's NSA ties...my thoughts went back to the Boston Marathon Bombings, as well... Why are people involved in so many recent events always seeming to show up "connected" to the Agencies?
Just too many coincidences to be coincidental...

On another note, though...here is an anecdote that has been bugging me all week. And, while circumstances are not precisely the same...they still bring more questions to my mind, about the Michael Hastings' crash.

My son was driving to work on a stretch of highway, with posted speed limit of 75 mph...
He was in the right-hand lane (non-passing lane), and noticed a vehicle turning around in the median far enough in advance to know to keep an eye out for any possibility.
As luck would have it, the vehicle turning around in the median was obviously intent on joining traffic going the same direction as my son...and started pulling onto the highway -- !! -- My son hit his brakes...and the vehicle stopped...so, he thought they had seen him...so, he resumed speed...and, just as he was back "at speed", they pulled from the "inside shoulder"...and shot directly across the highway to the other shoulder (which was now where my son was)...and, he had not choice but to "hit the ditch". Of course, he was slowing...but, the "ditch" was actually gravel...and almost no traction...and immediately he hit two sign posts.
He was driving a 10-year-old Corolla.
Hit the poles going at least 55 (perhaps 60+) miles per hour... Significant amount of resistance, there. The poles were both bent to the earth. His car ended up about 15 to 20 feet past the poles, facing back at the poles.
Aside from some bruising to his leg/knee and razor burns along the inside of his forearm...he was unscathed.
Of course, the car didn't explode or turn into a fireball...

My point?
I'm still not getting how/why the Mercedes exploded... It did not hit the tree at the same speed it was travelling down the street. It had just encountered a significant blow to its forward momentum...and...for the last few feet, probably had nothing but its remaining momentum propelling it forward.
Anyway. I'm still not seeing how the explosion/fireball...and his death...are a logical conclusion to the events that preceded.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by JBA2848

...ok in THIS day and age, i find this part very hard too accept,,and i quote from u "even had his daughter marry "
...Show of hands,,how many Fathers have a say in whom there daughter will marry???????????
... or am i missing something?

I think "choice of words" is causing obfuscation, here...
Don't think he's actually saying - "made her", but rather... "this is what happened in his life"...
If wrong, I hope JBA2848 will correct me.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

...Whats the chances of the daughter of a spy marrying a person who is a spy? What do they try to keep the spy business in the family? It is strange and makes you wonder what is going on. And how close were the two families?

Without giving any details... I used to know a guy... Married a girl... Guys family and girls family were well acquainted...and both families were associated (various members) with intelligence agencies.
I even asked him about it... Don't recall the exact question or his exact response...but it seems the gist was - "fewer problems when keeping it in the family".
Likewise knew another guy...whose son was also...recruited.
So - doesn't seem far-fetched at all, from my limited (and distant) exposure.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by JBA2848

...That is some Damn Excellent Info JBA.
...Do we mind if I throw a Monkey Wrench in there .. . ... .. . ?
...WHERE IS THE STORY HE WAS WORKING ON ? ? ? ?
...WHO IN THE HELL HAS ACCESS TO THOSE FILES ? ? ?
...WILL THAT STORY COME TO FRUITING FOR WHOM EVER PICKED IT UP FROM WHERE IT FELL?
...It dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that if he was working on a Big Story that someone Now has their hands on it.

I know you addressed this to JBA2848...but, I'll give a shot 'til JBA' resurfaces...

The story he (if we're talking about Michael Hastings) was working on, seems to change from one report to the next.
There was "Barrett Brown"; CIA Director (John Brennan); a Military person in charge of the NSA (which, I presume, would be General Alexander); and, of course, the possibility of the Edward Snowden materials, and/or other mentions.
I believe "the wife" claimed his last story (for a book) regarded the CIA director...and, she promised to "finish" it.

According to SSgt Biggs, Hastings had already created an ensurance policy (regarding his latest "big story") with an attorney...that was not...Jennifer Robinson of WikiLeaks.
I agree - "someone has the story".

Having worked a "big story" before...and by "big", I mean "volumes of data covering a significant period of time"...I know that you can hand "the whole thing" over to someone else -- (even another professional) -- and there is no guarantee that they will "get" what you saw... Because you certainly don't have time to write "every" thought and connection and suspicion down.
Nevertheless - it is possible that we will see something similar to what he was aiming at...some time in the future.
Sadly...by then...it may be critically or urgently irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A lot of people question the purpose of spending so much effort and time on the nuts, bolts and mechanics of ‘the crash’…when “the crash” is evident…
There may be no justification to the efforts, when “the reports” come out… Just as said reports may relegate all speculations on “who dunnit” to the trash heap of pointless exercises.
Nevertheless – the point to my endeavors in this regard are geared to the ends of –

If we can establish exactly what happened (meaning – physically, what happened) – then, we can make educated guesses as to “what scenario/s such movements &/or actions are compatible with”.

For example:
If Michael Hastings was running (in terror) from a pursuer…would he have entirely thrown caution to the wind, blasting through intersection after intersection…with no regard for his life (and/or, the lives of others)?
That doesn’t seem plausible, to me.
Running from a terror PRESUMES the desire to escape its ultimate threat – which is death.
Running from terror PRESUMES a desire for self-preservation… (with a couple of psychological &/or spiritual exceptions to the general rule)
So – to accept that he was running from a threat…would strongly suggest, he was trying to stay alive…and the fact that – the evidence we are privy to, shows a “caution to the wind” attitude through two major intersections – would suggest that “terror in pursuit” would probably NOT have been the prime-mover in the last minute-or-two of that ride/drive.

Another example:
If someone had “rigged” the car to explode upon frontal impact…and burn insatiably (to get rid of other evidence of rigging)…what if Michael had opted to send the car into a “roll”…? Frontal impact is not guaranteed, then… No guarantee that he dies. No guarantee that physical evidence of “foul play” is burned away…
In fact…almost the only guarantee that he dies…comes from the combined “impact-explosion” and subsequent fireball-turned-all-consuming-blaze.

When the fire has been extinguished (mostly)…it is apparent (to me) that the body continues to be seated upright. This suggests that the airbags &/or safety-harness system performed adequately.
As has been mentioned before – the initial collision with the metal utility cover (secured by at least 8 bolts into a concrete block) may have triggered the airbag deployment… May have triggered the fuel pump shut-off… And, the subsequent “loss of electrical power” may have stymied any further “automatic sensing” that could further adjust the safety-harness system…
Any ideas on how helpful the safety-harness system might have been with the rear-end leaving the ground and “slamming” the roof-top into the tree… (In other words – would it have kept the head from slamming into the roof…or…limited it, in any way?)
If the airbags were still functioning-enough, when the car hit the tree…to soften the blow, and the safety-harness functioned well enough to limit trauma from the steering wheel, dash &/or windshield, it is still possible that he could have been knocked unconscious (or worse), when the top of the car slammed into the tree…

There are a number of screen-shots taken from a video of the crash-site the day after the crash (being – June 20, 2013) that I want to bring on-board, here…later. Gotta decide which ones, and how they might be relevant…first.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Originally posted by JBA2848

...Whats the chances of the daughter of a spy marrying a person who is a spy? What do they try to keep the spy business in the family? It is strange and makes you wonder what is going on. And how close were the two families?

Without giving any details... I used to know a guy... Married a girl... Guys family and girls family were well acquainted...and both families were associated (various members) with intelligence agencies.
I even asked him about it... Don't recall the exact question or his exact response...but it seems the gist was - "fewer problems when keeping it in the family".
Likewise knew another guy...whose son was also...recruited.
So - doesn't seem far-fetched at all, from my limited (and distant) exposure.

It does happen.

Just to give you an example I am ex U.S. Air Force Security Service in the early 70's (yes, we reported to the NSA). My wife and I met and had no idea of the connection but her ex husband was ASA (Army Security Agency) same job! What are the odds?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
In the video shot by YouTube user 5a55yfish the first full day after Michael Hastings’ accident, said 5a55yfish first attempted to get a look at the car…having identified that “Hollywood Tow” had the vehicle in impound.
She (and, apparently, the rest of the public) was denied…and then, went to the palm tree, where a memorial was growing.
The video footage is not of significant quality to make certain absolute determinations (such as the tire path/s in the median and where the car breached the curb), but…seems to have given a good effort at the same…
While at the tree, a photographer (of British accent, and identifying himself as working for Getty Images) showed up… So – I’m thinking there should be some “better quality” photos of the scene in the Getty Images group.
Shortly after the photographer arrived, another gentleman showed up…and talked with 5a55yfish, and walked her through a pretty good examination of the scene…even walking her through the last feet of the Mercedes’ path to the tree.
I have decided not to upload those images, here, simply because of the quality…and because you can look at them yourself, if you’re interested by clicking the link provided (above).

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
In the security camera footage, one can observe the effects of the headlights of the Mercedes as it approaches…and, they are not holding a steady angle – which, given what we know…would suggest the “bouncy” motion resulting from the Melrose dip-rise-dip combination, and the following swerving maneuvers, as the Mercedes attempts to regain control/stability.

When the Mercedes first enters the frame/s…it appears (though the pic’ is exceptionally blurred) to be straddling the center stripe between lanes.

I was able to get two screen-shots, where the car is apparently in almost the precise same position & location, but, with the second screen-shot showing a slight variance to the angle of the light/s cast on the street ahead, and a significant difference in “how much light” is showing on the street ahead. I believe the difference is a result of “bounce” and swerve…

The next shot shows the car moving down the road…and closer to being in a single lane… I think it’s angle to the street is probably 5° (+/-)… The car may have progressed a smidge over a car-length from the previous screen-shot. (Front tip of car to Rear tip of car = 180.8” –or– 15.06667’)

The next shot shows the car to have progressed another car-length or so…and have increased its angle to somewhere in the range of 10° to 15°…heading toward the median.

The next shot shows the car in virtually the same location…but with a slight variation in the car’s angle (as if there is still some swerve going on) and “what is lit by the headlights”. For clarification – the car’s angle increases by a degree or so toward the median.

The next shot apparently shows the front driver’s tire mounting the median-curb… Again, the car has travelled approximately one car-length since the previous “screen shot”.

I am not certain, but am thinking the next screen shot shows the driver-side rear tire mounting the curb…again, having travelled approximately a car-length since the previous pic’.

The next screen shot show the car in almost the same position (having travelled virtually no farther), with a slight variation to its “equilibrium” and “what is revealed by the headlights”. I am thinking that the “change in equilibrium” is due to the passenger-side front tire mounting the curb.

The next screen shot apparently shows the rear-passenger-side tire “still on the pavement”, it does not appear that the car has travelled a full car-length.

The following shot appears to show the rear-passenger-side tire mounting (having mounted) the curb, and again…the car does not appear to have travelled a full car-length. The car appears to be well-balanced at this point (tail lights seem to be on an even keel, as well as the headlight display). I believe it is evident that the car was fully on the median at this point… … …

The next shot is apparently where/when the car met the metal-utility-cover for the water pipe…as the rear tail lights begin to elevate sharply. For the last (previous) couple/few shots and on…I am not able to judge the distance travelled (by the photographic evidence)…except by comparing with other photos and dimensional estimations.

Including this “first” frame (that for me, is evidence of hitting the metal-utility-cover) the rear end continues to “rise” for seven “shots” before “the lights go out”. It seems apparent that the car does not move forward very much, between the shots.

Just prior to the lights on the vehicle going out…a substantial object goes flying in the direction of Clinton Street, to the left (east side) of the palm tree. The object (& its progress) is visible in each of the next frames…until the explosion.

Once the lights go out…there are four frames (or screen shots) before the explosion.

I am willing to upload these images, in succession to this thread…and will do so, if you wish. But, will not do so, unless you ask. (don’t have to say pretty please… just let me know)

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

get 'em up there.. . ..

Pretty Please.

Inquiring Minds Want to see ... .

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I’m going to split them into three posts (10 per post)…for the sake of being able to account for them.
Here’s the first batch (screen-shots 1 through 10…this starts at 13+ seconds into the online video)…

ATS Big Pic #1

ATS Big Pic #2

ATS Big Pic #3

ATS Big Pic #4

ATS Big Pic #5

ATS Big Pic #6

ATS Big Pic #7

ATS Big Pic #8

ATS Big Pic #9

ATS Big Pic #10

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here is the sequence of screen-shots 11 through 20…
Apologies for the first shot (#11)…as I began going through them, to distinguish certain background (or – stationary) features from the dynamic environment, and accidentally changed the original on this pic…
It doesn’t affect (alter) any pertinent details, but could be distracting.

ATS Big Pic #11

ATS Big Pic #12

ATS Big Pic #13

ATS Big Pic #14

ATS Big Pic #15

ATS Big Pic #16

ATS Big Pic #17

ATS Big Pic #18

ATS Big Pic #19

ATS Big Pic #20

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>