It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eat My Flesh Drink My Blood. John 6:54

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life,

What is your take on what Jesus means to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

He's obviously not being literal and referring to cannibalism so really what is he talking about.

I can't even imagine what he's referring to.

How do you eat his flesh and drink his blood?

Is it still possible to do this today?

It would be a good meal if you could work it out, for his flesh is real food and his blood is real drink.

So honestly how do you eat the flesh of Jesus and how do you drink his blood? Is it something to do with power?

Now I guess I don't expect you to know but it would be nice to see how people are thinking.

Do we have to suffer to eat and drink his flesh?

In the scriptures it says "which anyone may eat" so I guess anyone is able to do this.

But how.

This is a mystery of Jesus.

Jesus is obviously talking about something that he knows about and we don't but he keeps it hidden just using the words eat my flesh and drink my blood.

Can we eat and drink each others flesh apart from Jesus?

How do we eat this bread of life? It should make us feel great as it is true nourishment indeed. But how.

Revelation 19:21 and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
Is this the same thing. Is this scripture in Revelations also not being literal after the rider on the horse kills the army?

I guess i'm not really expecting an answer because unless you've seen something to know what Jesus is talking about then how could you possibly know. Your just guessing like me.

What are your takes on what Jesus means by eating his flesh and drinking his blood?

I'm baffled and truly don't know.

If you can solve this then you probably have eternal life according to Jesus.

Don't Catholics take the wafer and juice thinking it's his blood and body. I don't think that's it.

I think there would be power or knowledge involved but just guessing really.

What do you think?

What's your take?

Try and solve this mystery with me.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Perhaps the author was just writing a good story. And apparently he did a great job if people are still talking about and questioning it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
could it simply have been a misunderstanding?

Christ: "Oh hey guys, lets be nice ok. Stop being evil and smile a bit."
Roman: "Oi you. Yeah ya long haired lout. Stop preaching anti-roman stuff or we'll do you."
Christ: "No wait, guys, really, that's not necessary at all, for the only way to..." *gets punched in the guts*
Roman: "Right nail him to that cross. bloody hippies."
Christ: "Oh Bight me."

how do you know, you weren't there. Oo

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Without eating and drinking, we could not live.
So the meaning is that "Life", in the true sense, comes through Christ.
It's pointing us to the need to be focussed on that (and a physical act helps to focus the mind).

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

The blood and flesh symbolise "his life, how he lived it...and what he taught"...

Its actually quite simple when one doesn't let religion and preachers twist the meaning...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
He was obviously speaking metaphorically, not literally.

I think he may have meant his "flesh and blood" as our own physical bodies.

In my opinion, when Jesus spoke of himself, he was by extension speaking about anyone else who understood his words as well. To "eat his flesh and drink his blood" means to have life within a physical body, and whoever has a body has life.

I know many won't agree, but that's just a guess on my part.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Understanding his words causes an awakening of the spirit within...

That is why he said "its my words that are spirit, and life"

That also happens to be written a few verses later in the same chapter the OP is asking about

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And once this spiritual awakening happens, you become One with the Father as well.

John 14
18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

This means we are all One essence, that of the Spirit of consciousness. To see Jesus is to have an image, or sight itself.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Werewolfs and vampires

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
He was referring to the "body of god" literally, but God is a psychedelic mushroom.
When man ate this mushroom he became enlightened and aware that he was a human and that he was naked.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Jesus meant for people to eat in his words and drink in his wisdom, to take in what he taught as eagerly and as frequently as we take in food, for the knowledge he was giving us would literally lead to eternal life.

What people dont seem to understand about the teachings of Jesus is that he was explaining to us that by following certain rules and standards of living we can change our physical mortal bodies, subject to pain, suffering and death, to physical immortal bodies no longer subject to pain and suffering and having conquered death.

The new testament in particular is full of references to eternal life, life everlasting etc. Jesus tells us repeatedly throughout his teachings about attaining this exalted state.

This is the "Good News" Jesus came to give us. To remind us who and what we are. To awaken us to the fact that we can regain the previously high state from which we have fallen. That ALL men (humans) are capable of doing what he did and defeat death.

Jesus spoke of the final enemy to be defeated was death. His teachings are very clearly about the possibilty of attaining the reality of IMMORTALITY.

The idea that everyone MUST die is ingrained into us, but this is not what Jesus taught. Main stream religion teaches that if we follow the rules (their rules) when we die we go to heaven and be with Jesus. But this is the polar opposite of what Jesus himself taught.

Jesus never preached 'death everlasting' he preached 'life everlasting'.

If you read the new testament with this idea in mind it will shed a completely different light and make clear a lot of what previously may not have made much sense. Try it.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

When one eats or drinks one eats and drinks what is here where the body is. The body is always present and it eats and drinks what is present.
You can eat and drink in what is seen and heard (Jesus tried to teach the deaf to hear and the blind to see) but one must use one's ears and eyes.
It is a message that tries to convey that one must be present with what is arising presently.
The suffering that humans have to bear comes from dwelling in the mind - the mind leads one out of presence into the realm of 'what is not happening'.
Eat and drink in and taste what is here instead of going to the mind.

It is the thoughts of other times and places and the thoughts that are projected onto others that cause suffering.
See, hear, smell and taste the sensation that is happening always presently - it is aliveness itself.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Understanding his words causes an awakening of the spirit within...

That is why he said "its my words that are spirit, and life"

That also happens to be written a few verses later in the same chapter the OP is asking about

All words are spirit and life.
The word was with God in the beginning and the word is God.
There is only spirit and life.
This is it - no matter how it is arising - it may arise as a word or as food.
The arising word disappears and can never stay - all just wisps of nothing appearing in nothing.

Apparent things, like food and words, arise and subside in the space that you are.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
He was obviously speaking metaphorically, not literally.

I think he may have meant his "flesh and blood" as our own physical bodies.

In my opinion, when Jesus spoke of himself, he was by extension speaking about anyone else who understood his words as well. To "eat his flesh and drink his blood" means to have life within a physical body, and whoever has a body has life.

I know many won't agree, but that's just a guess on my part.

I think you are right in that he meant his "flesh and blood" as our own physical bodies.

Eating the flesh and blood and gaining eternal life could be symbolic of the realisation/knowing that physical life is secondary/temperary and your soul/spirit is eternal.

Wi-fi

edit on 28-7-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
That which is physically appearing is Christ.
Nothing can appear without being seen.

The seer cannot be seen - it is the unseen presence.
That which appears is not separate from that which sees - that which appears does so presently.
The Father is the unseen presence and the son is the seen presence.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Real Presence

The 'it's a symbol' interpretation could make sense. But then again ... there have been Eucharistic miracles through the centuries. I saw one when I was in Betania Venezuela. I was literally one inch away from it.

After Jesus said that people must eat His body and drink His blood, man people left him and said that His teachings were too hard to hear. Instead of changing his tune, Jesus then said "AMEN AMEN I say to you .. " and He repeated what He said. Instead of saying, 'don't take me literally' .. he reemphasized the part about eating His body and drinking His blood.

This teaching has been a sore point between Catholics/Orthodox/Episcopalians/ (who believe that Jesus is truly present body and soul in the Eucharist) and the more protestant groups of Baptists/Methodists/Church of Christ, etc (who think it's just a symbol). Some Lutherans believe in a 'true presence' and some think it's a symbol. They are split.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Would you mind elaborating on this miracle you witnessed?

So called "miracles" can be easily faked...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

www.youtube.com...

Someone else filmed this in 1998. I saw the exact same thing in 1994.
I pressed my rosary to the glass case .. so my rosary was less than an inch away from it.
There were no wires or tube or lights or anything else.
It was simply a eucharist pressed between glass in a case on the wall of the convent.
The blood on the Eucharist was pink and fresh looking.
And the Eucharist was encased for years .. it hasn't deteriorated.
I was where the people in this video were ...

The miracle happened in Betania Venezuela at a mass there.
I was not at the mass.
I went to Betania in 1994 ... and visited the convent.
The eucharistic miracle is in a locked case on the wall.
Priests on pilgrimage can have the nuns unlock the case for pilgrims to adore the eucharist.

Yes ... adore ... worship ... because the pilgrims believe that is literally Jesus body and blood, which would be worthy of adoration and worship.

More on Betania Miracle . The host originally changed in 1991.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That didn't look like blood in that video... more like fire... kinda looked like there was a liquid injected into the case...

Sorry im not trying to mock your beliefs, but again these things can easily be faked... especially in todays world

edit on 28-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I took a long hard look at the eucharistic miracle when I was there. There were no wires or tubes going into the case. The Eucharist was pressed between two pieces of glass. Suspended there. The blood was fresh and pink on the Eucharist. The Eucharist was suspended (but still pressed) between the plates of glass. It was rather solid.

The 'fire' look ... yes ... it kinda glowed .... it looked to be coming from the eucharist itself.

It seemed very authentic to me at the time. I still think it is ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join