It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Shadow Person Was Just Standing In My Doorway

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So, I am sat on my sofa in my sitting room perusing though ATS recent threads page on my laptop. My sitting room door is to the front right of my peripheral vision and about 8-10 feet away from were I am sitting. The door leads to a small porch area with front door to the outside. The weather outside is hot and there is no wind at all.

It is 7.45pm, still broad daylight, and I suddenly see a dark shadow in the doorway in my peripheral vision, the door is ajar about 6-8 inches, I didn't see it open. I am surprised and somewhat startled because I didn't hear the front door open as I always have before, so I turn my head quickly to see who this person is. As I turned it vanished, but I was in time to catch a glimpse of it and see the ajar door close by itself.

I felt it was male, it had a hat on with a wide brim, and no facial features at all. It was a 'cloak' shape to just below it's knees. It was standing inside the room just forward of the door, it was facing me and it had it's left hand resting on the door handle. As soon as I looked at it it was suddenly on the other side of the still ajar door, then just as suddenly there was just it's hand on the door handle, then it was gone. I then saw the ajar door close. The shadow thing moved strangely: one second it was forward of the doorway and a split-second later it was behind the doorway, nothing inbetween, like missing frames in an old film.

I got up to take a look and there was no-one there.

I have seen a shadow person before at my old house where I used to live, it used to stand at the top of my stairs or at the side of my bed, I have only ever seen them in my peripheral vision until now, and I have never seen one move before, they have usually just vanished, and it's the first time I have seen one in this house I'm living in now.

Has anyone else had such an experience?

Do they follow people if we move house?
edit on 26-7-2013 by doobydoll because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yes...all the time. They predominently only appear that way. There have been many explainations to them, and a lot of research and info about them is out there.

I did realize one thing. If one wears eyeglasses with metal frames, it does occassionally reflect light, televison, people walking by that get reflected in the side stems. And this can catch your attention.

It just a single explaination, and certainly not the only one.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Has anyone else had such an experience?

Do they follow people if we move house?

At my last apartment I used to see movement in my peripheral vision. It happened at least two or three times a week. I don't have any problems with my eyes I don't wear glasses or contacts.

Several times my dog acted strange like he could see something I couldn't. He would perk his ears and just stare usually at a place that was beyond my line of sight. Like around a corner or through a doorway where the light was switched off. Sometimes he would get this low growl.

When it happened at night it would really freak me out. A couple times I actually walked through the apartment carrying a baseball bat and turned on all the lights.

I haven't experienced anything in my new place so hopefully I left it behind. I've only lived here a few months but so far so good.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It may or may not have followed you. It could be a different Shadow Person, but before going in that direction try and duplicate the event. If you can't get the image to show up, then you might have a Shadow person. I wouldn't worry about all that much.

Sometimes they can be helpful, sometimes not so much, but most of the times they just watch us for whatever reason.

You can read more about them here:
ATS: "Shadow People: What do they do"

And this thread by Vrill:
Shadow People

Just don't believe all the "Demon Hype" about them. It would appear (from my research) that they are no different socially then us.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I can rule out the specs reason because I didn't have them on. And I live alone so no-one to walk past me.

I wonder what they want.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
...it had a hat on with a wide brim...

This is the part that I tend to find interesting. Why is it that many times shadow people are seen as wearing hats? One theory I've heard a few different times is that shadow people, or the form of a shadow person, is often taken on by various shapeshifters. For some reason there is something about the human head that they can't seem to get right in the shift so they cover it with a hat. I last heard it when Djinn were referenced as taking on the form of shadow people in the book The Djinn Connection by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. It's a bit out there, but was an interesting read.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I suggest you 1st try and determine if they are a "they"-ie: REAL. If only an illusion or trick of light and shadows...then they are not a "they" and want nothing.

(I believe you, but am suggesting you determine for yourself before assuming they are really there or not)

Read up on the subject.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

According to psychic/medium, Amy Allen, shadow people are "BAD NEWS".
They can drain the life force out of people over a period of time.
Watch this video to learn more:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sounds like a man in black. Have you had any encounters with Ufos?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I hope you offered him a hot beverage. It's proper etiquette to offer a hot beverage to a shadow person standing in a doorway.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's strange that some people arn't afraid of shadow people and others are terribly frightened by them. Interesting.
At first I had thought that these sightings of shadow beings were a fairly recent phenomenon, but supposedly they date back some time.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
It's strange that some people arn't afraid of shadow people and others are terribly frightened by them. Interesting.
I have found that Shadow People are no different then us in that some of them are problems, and some of them aren't.

At first I had thought that these sightings of shadow beings were a fairly recent phenomenon, but supposedly they date back some time.
There are stories from India that talk about Shadow People as far back as the 2nd century BC

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Back in 1980, I was courting my now late husband, and we were saying goodnight at the garden gate after an evening out. As he was about to go get in his car, I looked up to the sky at two big white lights side-by-side like car headlights, they appeared to be coming towards us. I pointed up and asked him 'what's that?'. He looked up and said he didn't know. We watched for a couple of seconds, then one of the lights suddenly went out and the other one did a zig-zag across the sky before zooming off and disappearing. Weird.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Yes, I find it strange how some people are terrified and others aren't. I have never felt afraid (yet) when I have seen them.

Before he left home, my son also used to see them and he used to be afraid, but I never have.

It's the first time I've had an encounter with the shadow people in broad daylight, which is why I know my eyes weren't mistaken. And I have only seen them in my peripheral vision before, but this time I saw it with full forward vision. It moved in jerks, and so fast.

I have always put my previous encounters with shadow people down to tricks of light combined with tiredness, a strong possibility because it always happened at night when it was dark, and I always saw them only in my peripheral vision. But I can't say that this time. I wasn't tired, it was early evening and broad daylight, I looked straight at it and saw it, I could even see it's hand on the door handle, it seemed as startled as I was when I looked at it, and I saw it quickly leave and then the door closed.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm

I hope you offered him a hot beverage. It's proper etiquette to offer a hot beverage to a shadow person standing in a doorway.

After he barged in my sitting room uninvited and unannounced? Not a chance! He didn't even say goodbye when he hastily retreated out the door. How rude!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Pick up any strange pieces of paper lately?

It was probably Slender man.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

It may or may not have followed you. It could be a different Shadow Person, but before going in that direction try and duplicate the event. If you can't get the image to show up, then you might have a Shadow person. I wouldn't worry about all that much.

Sometimes they can be helpful, sometimes not so much, but most of the times they just watch us for whatever reason.

You can read more about them here:
ATS: "Shadow People: What do they do"

And this thread by Vrill:
Shadow People

Just don't believe all the "Demon Hype" about them. It would appear (from my research) that they are no different socially then us.

Thanks for the links, I will have a look today

I don't fear them, I just wonder what they are.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I don't know who the these shadow people are but im certain of a couple of things

1. they are intelligent
2. the are real
3. they are interested in you

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have a theory on this but most people wont like it.

Most shadow people either occur cause of sleep paralysis, most common.
or a short nap, which the mind is still hallucinating. So if you just woke up
or was a sleep.

Another is peripheral vision can play lot of tricks on you. Especially
in the corner of our eyes, can distort our vision some ways.

Best if ya saw it spot on directly in view, not just from the side. Theres
always explanations, but most people wont bother with.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Men in black don't wear wide brimmed hats. Then again, maybe their fashion tastes have changed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join