It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deadly train derailment in Spain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
they were interviewing a spanish bloke on one t.v news show and he said he heard it before the train came off .

might have been the running gear of the train

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Again, funny that - I never once heard that it was caused purposely and I think the point here is that you were not paying attention. There was speculation that sloppy maintenance was to blame and the prevailing theory at the moment is that a faulty point was the cause.

That accident has a lot of similarities to the Potters Bar crash in 2002, which too was the cause of poor maintenance missing a faulty point, sending the train careering into the station platform.
edit on 25/7/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

I think I was honest about not being up on the situation. After I wrote that I looke dup more info and talked to some other people.

The accident was found to be due to a piece (éclisse") which was found off and many meters away.

The popular controversy at the moment (that the media had exposed) is that this piece, because of the way it is bolted (in many different parts, going different directions) could not have just come off by itself- it had to be done by someone on purpose. My husband pulled up an email that he received with photos and diagrams of it and that some people seem to be taking seriously... but I started to sort of have my attention float off with the technical jargon.

I don't care enough about it to engage in more research or debate, so if you are sure about that incident, more power to you. I just thought I'd mention that it is a current french conspiracy theory, probably sparked by the looting of the bodies and cars that was done by the local young arabs.

Whether it was purposeful or not, the debate that raged publicly about need for press discretion still tells me that in the possible event of evidence of that, I am guessing we won't be hearing about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

weird when i first heard about the train wreck it also stated that 2 people had been robbed and that was early on

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by Senduko

I mean really how many times have you hard about deadly train wrecks? Prior to this year..

Honestly, I can't think of any

Aw poop.. Such a small memory.. Even in my neighborhood, there was a much harsher and bloodier..
101 dead as an ICE derails

On topic: What a desaster! We know the terror which even the rescue and medical services have to endure right now. A traincrash leaves behind a lot of people smashed between a lot of hard steel which has no mercy on the weak human flesh.. It was such a catastrophe which sent many rescuers into PTSD after Eschede!

My condolences to the victims and their families!

To the rescuers: stay strong! You helped so many, even if you couldn't help them all!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
I was actually going to dedicate a thread to whether or not these derailments are the result of foul-play. Honestly, I wouldn't even doubt it. Just prior to the derailment in Canada earlier this month, an arrest was made involving a 'terrorist plot' to attack by derailing trains...

It would be a very good idea to start up that foul play thread in my opinion..What's interersting about this particular derailment in Spain, is that it is coinciding with the current Partido Popular financial scandal which is jeapordizing the current administrations legitimacy and ability to stay in office. Mariono Rajoy leading the nation and the PP has been requested to demission and leave office and Presidential title in view of the scandal and that has been going on for the last two weeks. On August 1st there will be a parlimentary meeting where he will attempt to explain or somehow absolve himself from those scandals, and he may not be successful since it seems as the though "The Barcena Case," is implicating him and many members of his party in financial frauds of all sorts. Anyhow, that is one coincidence that the train crash would happen right at this time, when he seems to be in major trouble. Also interesting to note, is that Mariono Rajoy is actually from the very region where the train derailment occurred, so again another coincedence?

Keep in mind is that this occurred just hours prior to the religious festival day that normally takes place today, which is Dia de Santiago, or the Feast of St. James, and these Christian celebrations are normally very important. There are normally many Christian pilgrims that go to the festival so I am considering this also as an attack somehow on Christian faithfuls to some degree. There is concern that some of the persons on the trains were Italian pilgrims and pilgrims from other regions of Europe.

Finally there is the matter of the JPM Gold Vaults is NY and that apparent false flag that occurred just a few days ago, so I'm seeing all of these events as maybe being somehow interconnected..

By the way, current updates state there are at least 77 persons deceased as a result of the derailment, and 145 injured.

The celebration has been cancelled as a result of the train crash, and that celebration would normally have been very elaborate and very important for the city towns in the area of Santiago.
edit on 25-7-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Dont know is this info is already shared of so feel free to burn me

But the Machinist admitted he was going 190 km per hour while only 80 k m is allowed

www.telegraaf.nl...

And with the Jibberish translated :

Machinist train disaster: I was speeding SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - The driver of the train disaster in Spain has admitted that he was driving too fast when the high-speed train derailed in Santiago de Compostela. That's what researchers from the accident Thursday. Why the driver was driving too fast, is not known. On board the train were two drivers who both survived the disaster.

according to the researchers drove the train at the time of the derailment in a gentle curve around 190 kilometers per hour, while in that spot 80 is allowed. By accident Wednesday at least 78 people were killed and about 130 people injured. Of these, 20 are in bad shape.

Now im not a expert in trains or train crashes , but isnt it likely the amount of friction on the Wheels in this small curve made it possible for a wheel to detatch from the rail and started the deraill ?

Or the Weight shifted because of this exessive speed , wheels came loose and started the derail ??

Again i am no expert , this is all speculating.

TheGreazel

Edit :

cant seem to get the link properly working so did a hard copy.

edit on 25-7-2013 by TheGreazel because: link error

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

leaving at least 35 people dead and 50 injured.

This is like the 8th big train wreck this year... These are attacks, no way in hell these are accidents.

I mean really how many times have you hard about deadly train wrecks? Prior to this year..

edit on 24-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

I thought the same thing straight away when I read it just now in skynews website!

Seems to be too many of these 'Accidents' happening this year and near Plane Crashes too....

But this Train crash seems even more dodgy as most on the Train were Christians going for a celebration!

I have a theory or two:

Either the Trains Mechanics were tampered with

or

The driver of the Train was a 'Terrorist' and knew exactly what speed he was going.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah it has Fishy all over it , what machinist would drive double the speed limit and confess this a day after , i dont see how any normal person can create such a dangerous situation without wanting it to go bad.

The fact that he drove this insane speed without even thinking about the safety of the passengers probably ment this guy was on a suicide mission.

TheGreazel.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is the raw footage of the crash,

You can see some "derailing', but it sure looks like an explosion happened inside.

Also, every witness that was in the neighborhood said it sounded like a bomb. Even some houses shook from the first explosion ( prior to the crash ).

I don't know, I have a feeling this won't be the last this year.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

A horrifying video of the train derailment was published on Youtube, but soon removed.

It can be seen though on a Spanish Internet site here, under "Pùblico.es"

Screenshot:

It seems that it was the second wagon that derailed firstly.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So where was the camera that captured this, seems pretty well placed if you ask me?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
This happened really close to where I was living in northern spain.

several things could have happened.

1 down sizing caused poor maintenance. Feve just fired a bunch of maintenance people in recent years and so maybe the smaller crews didn't get to check all the tracks just yet. sometimes the tracks warp on those mountain trails in the summer from the stress and the heat.

or

2 during recent miners protests over the last 10 years, as per their custom of shutting down roads and railways with traps and road blocks, one such trap which was set by the miners went unnoticed by clean up crews after the rail ways were opened up again after the protest was over.

the railway traps can be explosive in nature and even several years old. The Miners usually just lay boulders on the tracks when they shut them down in protest....but being that they are miners...they have dynamite and have had the will to use it in the past.

either way my prayers go out to those who lost their life.

edit on 24-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

This is not FEVE... ¡¡¡¡¡¡CHAVAAAALLL!!!!
This is RENFE, (Alvia service)

Where did you lived in Spain in Tolouse?????

If all the quotes in this forum are with this kind of knowledge, then I can understand a lot of thinks!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
So where was the camera that captured this, seems pretty well placed if you ask me?

Not everything is a conspiracy my friend, it's probably just a CCTV camera that's placed on the track. If someone had sabotaged the track then this camera might of been useful

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by whatnext21

This happened 6 hours before the crash and the only train passing on those tracks.

The story goes. Probably the train's velocity was too high to take the curve, where the accident happened.

Another thing, the train left at the same station or departure rail(don't know the exact name in english) where in 2004 a terrorist attack happened.
MAybe it has nothing to do with it but there is much coincidence.

edit. at least 45 death are reported now
edit on 24-7-2013 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

The story goes. Probably the train's velocity was too high to take the curve, where the accident happened.

May be, we are in the same situation of another crash in the Valencia's Subway several years ago. High speed.

This train has the departure station in Madrid Atocha, the same station's name where the terrorist attack happen in 2004 but not the in the same site. (there where in "Cercanías" not Long Distant)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Nice pick-up.... definately an explosion there.....

you should download the video before it gets removed!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

This is the raw footage of the crash,

You can see some "derailing', but it sure looks like an explosion happened inside.

Also, every witness that was in the neighborhood said it sounded like a bomb. Even some houses shook from the first explosion ( prior to the crash ).

I don't know, I have a feeling this won't be the last this year.
Is something on the railway,if you will look closely,in the curve,when hitting the curve that thing on the railway is making the train to derail.

But it can be seen and heard on the original vid with sound.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

did you watch the video below your post?

A definate explosion in that carriage or under the carriage!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Btw another posted commented here about the french train accident.

He said the official story said it was caused by a piece that fell of. Well this piece they are talking about was a piece of the railroad ( like uhm to switch between tracks ).

Now a railway official said that such a piece ways about 10Kilo, and he said chances that they came off by accident are almost none.

Honestly, prior to 2013 I never heard about train accidents, let alone with fatal casualties. No matter what the statistics say. Its not just me, everyone says there's to much train accidents going on.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Actually, I just watched the video again.

When the Carriage comes loose, it hits the Electric Pilon by the side of the Rail and its the Pilon which sparks and blows making it look like the explosion was in the carriage!

But this still doesn't mean that the driver was not on a Suicide Mission or the Mechanics were tampered!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Honestly, prior to 2013 I never heard about train accidents, let alone with fatal casualties. No matter what the statistics say. Its not just me, everyone says there's to much train accidents going on.

Well, you haven't been following the news then... There was a traincrash just earlier this month in Paris, 6 dead. (Sky News). These happen literally several times a month, all over the world.

If you are ok with Wikipedia, here's something to look at: en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join