It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deadly train derailment in Spain

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

What you are saying is, if there was a timed bomb on the train and if the train was on time, it was meant to go off at the station, causing a lot more casualties.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Did you remove the video? Can't see it now

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by SixX18

What is suspicious about it? The train is clearly going to fast for the curve and the driver has even admitted as much.

Yes it is going much to fast, not much doubt about that. The question is why?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire

What you are saying is, if there was a timed bomb on the train and if the train was on time, it was meant to go off at the station, causing a lot more casualties.

Oh my gosh, you're totally right.. I didn't even think of that. I was listening to the news on rtve and they reported that the train derailed at the very moment that it was supposed to have arrived at the station. The train was late upon arrival though.

Good point. That makes it even scarier. I'll see if I can find an article indicating what time the derailment (explosion) happened.

EDIT: the derailment-crash-explosion occurred at 8:41pm Wednesday July 24th. Here is one news article illustrating that the train was scheduled to arrive at the station at 8:41pm. which is 20 hours and 41minutes, military time. You can also look at the RENFE schedule to see the same exact time of the accident with the scheduled time of arrival. It could have been a scheduled bomb- you're right.

Here is the article:
www.elconfidencial.com...
edit on 25-7-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

reply to post by SixX18

What is suspicious about it? The train is clearly going to fast for the curve and the driver has even admitted as much.

By all accounts, the section of track has been a worry since the Ave line opened. The trains have to exit a tunnel off the Intercity line and then slow from 200Kmh to 80Kmh in short order approaching the bend and the slower commuter line. It is also a section of track where the European Train Control System isn't enabled, meaning that the driver has to take much more control over the train than he would on the high speed lines.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Anyways, I think that Driver gets suspended and a Jail sentence, he shouldn't be playing with peoples live's like that or any driver of those trains! He has been driving for years and should know he has to slow down to 80 at least 100 metres from that corner.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That would not make much sense really, a train and a bomb at high speed will do a lot more damage that a train with a bomb in a station. You could argue about the size of a bomb, but if it was on that train the explosion is not observable, so not much use in a station. The flash you see in the video, is from the overhead power lines for the trains, when the derailing train hit a pylon carrying those lines. You can even see the power lines in the foreground shaking about a second or so after the train hit the pylon back a bit.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by SixX18

I have no doubt the driver speaks the thruth about the speed it was going, but indeed why, that's the question.
Isn't it also strange that the footage was realeased only a couple of hours after the accident?
Doesn't look like normal procedure to me. Data like this normaly turns up after a few days or even weeks, after it's been examined by the authorities.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Update: the derailment/crash/explosion occurred at 8:41pm Wednesday July 24th.

AND: Here is one news article illustrating that it was scheduled TO ARRIVE at the train station at 8:41pm. The exact SAME TIME of the accident. More proof of timing and synchronization is available at the RENFE schedule website. The arrival time was the exact same time of the accident. Gulp.

It could have been a scheduled bomb- you're right.
www.elconfidencial.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The Driver allegedly posted this on his FB Page in 2012:

"What a blast it would be to go parallel with the Guardia Civil (Spanish police) and go past them triggering the radar. Haha what a fine for Renfe (the Spanish train operator) haha," he allegedly wrote in March 2012.

news.uk.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by SixX18

I have no doubt the driver speaks the thruth about the speed it was going, but indeed why, that's the question.
Isn't it also strange that the footage was realeased only a couple of hours after the accident?
Doesn't look like normal procedure to me. Data like this normaly turns up after a few days or even weeks, after it's been examined by the authorities.

Good point, I guess you might say they're turning out the information as though it was SCRIPTED.

Like I said before Mariano Rajoy is in trouble with the Barcena's Case.. and before the accident, he was looking to explain to the PSOE why and how he and his party are involved in these financial scandals. He is due to appear in front of parliament on August 1st, but with this huge accident having occurred, he can now either buy time, or feel a sense of security where he may no longer feel obligated to leave office. It depends on how the PSOE turns out the situation, without injuring Santiago and it's community of mourning, or the entire nation's mourning.
edit on 25-7-2013 by tony9802 because: comma

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yes, but it's right was smurfy says. If it was a timed bomb to be go off at the station, we would have seen a much bigger explosion in the footage. Unless off course there were other devices placed at the station(but that's thinking a bit too far, no)

edit. can we be certain that a train going at that speed on the curve would 100% derail? Even if the restrictions are 80km/h I'm sure their is some tolerance calculated.
edit on 25-7-2013 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

"What a blast it would be to go parallel with the Guardia Civil (Spanish police) and go past them triggering the radar. Haha what a fine for Renfe (the Spanish train operator) haha," he allegedly wrote in March 2012.

news.uk.msn.com...

ALLEGEDLY> I saw this article as well, and this is totally sensational deceptive press. It is not to be believed at all. I was reading some comments written by Spanish citizens themselves, and their comments were disbelief that elperiodico.com would print such low and base articles that for the most part are totally fraudulent, until proven otherwise. This type of deceptive press is the type of material that is purely offensive to people who are seeking the truth about the matter- particularly Spanish Citizens themselves.
edit on 25-7-2013 by tony9802 because: edit

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

news.uk.msn.com...

THIS IS PROPOGANDA!! They need their fall guy for now. We will have to wait to see what the Black Boxes say to find out all of the true information, including the velocity of the train.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

By all accounts, the section of track has been a worry since the Ave line opened. The trains have to exit a tunnel off the Intercity line and then slow from 200Kmh to 80Kmh in short order approaching the bend and the slower commuter line. It is also a section of track where the European Train Control System isn't enabled, meaning that the driver has to take much more control over the train than he would on the high speed lines.

That's is in fact what The Guardian link says if you looked at it, but if you watch the very useful video provided by 'intergalactic fire', it is the same track, there is no divergence, The Guardian link is at pains to say that. What you have is the equivalent of end of motorway, there is no off ramp. There is still an automatic system in use there to stop a train without driver input, but it did not work and there is no getting away with that. We don't know what the feck the driver was about, but the system did not work..heart attack anybody?
edit on 25-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by SixX18

The brake system may have been malfunctioning, and if I am not mistaken, Swiss journalists and Swiss press have begun to take partially this position, that there was potentially a problem with the braking electronic system; There is that idea, and then there is the idea that the break system had potentially been tampered with.I will have to find an article to be more precise though.

edit on 25-7-2013 by tony9802 because: ''

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Another thing. There has to be more footage. If you look at the video i posted earlier you can see there are several other cameras installed on that part of the track, some of them are 360 degrees cams. Wonder why they didn't release those footages.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So, the official arrival time of the train was 8:41PM Wednesday July 24.
The time of ACCIDENT of the train was.... 8:41PM Wednesday July 24.

Am I the only person having trouble processing this,
This is a little too frightening.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Did you remove the video? Can't see it now

What video are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This article by the Telegraph is quite interesting - the way the driver made the call makes me think that there may well have been a technical failure rather than Driver error. He knew he was going to fast, yet was unable to do anything about it?

It does totally put a nail in the coffin of the more outlandish theories of bombs etc though.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join