It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deadly train derailment in Spain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Indeed .
And why is it that only one wagon catched fire? Another wagon flied and ended up on a sort of bridge or road 5 meters higher than the rails.

Just saw an interview with an eyewitness saying he heard an explosion and saw a part of the train jumping, flying, which after that the train derailed
edit on 24-7-2013 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by smurfy

Indeed .
And why is it that only one wagon catched fire? Another wagon flied and ended up on a sort of bridge or road 5 meters higher than the rails.

Just saw an interview with an eyewitness saying he heard an explosion and saw a part of the train jumping, flying, which after that it derailed
edit on 24-7-2013 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

The BBC had a Spanish newspaper reporter on the telephone, and she says that several carriages had fire, that one carriage was completely, either disintegrated or totally crushed, (the interaction on the telephone line was difficult to make out) but she also made the point that the derailment is being treated as an 'accident' by the government sources, but as if there is still nothing positive to say so.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The one thing that I find the most suspicious i just that.

I followed these accidents past year, and they never even suggested the idea of an attack. It takes days for an analyses to be completed, but with trains they sure are quick with saying oh its an accident.

Heck even while the area is blazing with fire, " at first glimpse its an accident".

edit on 24-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

If you are trained in such things, I would imagine that it would be obvious if it were an accident or something else - if it was an explosion (as in a bomb) then there would be tell tale signs that even laymen like us would be able to pick up on.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Death toll now at 65.

@Stumason: I here ya but still, like that accident in Quebec was it? The whole site was unapproachable and they where already saying it was an accident.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yes, but for that one they knew about the circumstances of what led to the train running away quite early on - ie; the fire in one of the engines, Engineers disabling breaks, that sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This one doesn't sound good at all for just an 'accident'.
guardian

At least 45 people were killed and 70 injured when a train derailed on the outskirts of the northern Spanish city of Santiago de Compostela on Wednesday in one of Europe's worst rail disasters.

The government said it was working on the hypothesis the derailment was an accident – though the scene will stir memories of 2004's Madrid train bombing, carried out by Islamists, that killed 191 people. The train operated by state rail company Renfe with 247 people on board derailed on the eve of the ancient city's main festival when thousands of Christian pilgrims travel in to pack the streets.

Wonder how many passengers were on their way to this?

The crash happened a day before the city's main festival focused on St James, one of Jesus's 12 disciples whose remains are said to rest in the city. The apostle's shrine there is the destination of the famous El Camino de Santiago pilgrimage, followed by Christians since the Middle Ages.

A Christian festival would seem an obvious choice for extremist terrorist activities would it not?
edit on 7/24/2013 by whatnext21 because: added link

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It does always amaze me how people leap to such conclusions based on nothing more than what would appear to be a desire to have some attack or other horrid conspiracy having taken place.

Train accidents happen, quite frequently. After all, it is a giant, powerful machine perched on nothing more than 6 inch wide bits of steel, which do wear away/break and require constant maintenance. Looking at the train itself, it would appear to be one that is relatively high-speed, so even the slightest warp or kink in the rail would be enough to send it spinning through the air.

Maybe we should at least save the speculation until we have more info and at least until they've got the bodies out the wreck....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by Senduko

I mean really how many times have you hard about deadly train wrecks? Prior to this year..

Honestly, I can't think of any

There was another train wreck in Canada a few weeks ago. I can't think of any other train accidents that made the news, but I'm sure there have been a good number. There's been a few plane crashes too, but that's another story. I hope 35 is it too....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
It does always amaze me how people leap to such conclusions based on nothing more than what would appear to be a desire to have some attack or other horrid conspiracy having taken place.

Train accidents happen, quite frequently. After all, it is a giant, powerful machine perched on nothing more than 6 inch wide bits of steel, which do wear away/break and require constant maintenance. Looking at the train itself, it would appear to be one that is relatively high-speed, so even the slightest warp or kink in the rail would be enough to send it spinning through the air.

Maybe we should at least save the speculation until we have more info and at least until they've got the bodies out the wreck....

HST's do have a good record, and frequency is not the norm, that's why people do wonder. However I think your last sentence is sufficient enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Actually there has been at least 4 multiple fatality incidents on Spanish Express trains since 2000

Here is a list of rail incidents just since 2010 - Like I said, train accidents are quite frequent

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

As far as this particular event goes, it's really tough to say; it seems they have already conducted their investigation and have suggested 'speed' as the cause.

The derailment in France is said to be due to faulty equipment... so who knows...

The article in my last post, describes the terrorist infatuation with trains.

In Canada, investigations have pointed to a chain of events that transpired the night of the derailment and explosions. That occurrence killed nearly 50+ people also... so it's either a series of unfortunate 'incidents' or something more.

I'll post a story below, describing what took place before the derailment and explosions on July 6th.
Canada train crash investigators focus on fire as cause of derailment

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
the news in the u.k is saying that the explosion was heard before the crash

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The picture with covered bodies which look as though they may have been moved from the position they were found in caught my attention,I know it is what always happens in movies and on tv. It is however drilled into police/military/security in the UK that this is something that should never be done as it could contaminate evidence at the scene particularly if an explosive device is suspected.

Instead cordon, contain, and protect the scene, but of course things may be done differently in Spain or it could be these poor people were found alive initially and were moved to that position for treatment but could not be saved. If they were found alive and injured their original location and position would be logged and even after death they should not be covered until an initial examination had taken place.

Could be insignificant but I thought it was worth mentioning on a conspiracy site.
edit on 25-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Last week when the train derailed in Paris, reports said it was caused purposely- it was a terrorist attack of some kind. Something fairly small was put on the track, which caused the high speed train to derail.

Now, I wasn't paying a lot of attention, I was in the middle of an intense workweek, and did not watch any television. I was limited to hearing what my husband and collegues were telling me, and the reports on the car radio.

This weekend, I heard on the radio angry assertions that the press never should have come out with the information on how it was caused because it let the world know how incredibly simply and easy it is to cause such a catastrophy- and could incite anyone (from serious terrorists to dumb kids) to do it.

For a day, everyone was talking about how irresponsible the press had been on that.

Now all reports that can be found are vague about the cause, and make unclear references to some sort of technical error or faulty rail. Earlier reports seem to have been taken off the web, at least.

So this makes me wonder if all over Europe, with the loud condemnation of the press's indiscretion, possible purposeful sabotage of trains will not be publicized as such?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

i do not think it is dumb kids at this i grew up beside the railway and one of my family works for them so i know how to take a train off without making a bang .

but the driver was speeding it has been reported but after viewing the ripple effect on you tube about the london bombings you have to wonder who those terrorists are

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
the news in the u.k is saying that the explosion was heard before the crash

Is it really? Funny that - I've been watching TV all night at work and no mention of it - who exactly is talking about an explosion?

Here is an eyewitness account of someone who was on the train:

One passenger on the train, Sergio Prego, told SER radio station he was lucky to get out of the train alive.

"The train was going at a very fast speed and on the curve it went off the tracks and it overturned. We were the lucky ones that were able to get out on our own feet.

www.bbc.co.uk...

reply to post by hotel1

Actually, in the UK the authorities will remove bodies in exactly the same manner.

Recovery of bodies and survivors actually takes precedence over collecting any evidence. A good comparison would be the Ladbroke Grove crash which killed 31 people in 1999 (which I actually avoided being caught in by virtue of being late) - Here is a link to the Story on BBC from the day and images clearly show removal of bodies

Originally posted by Bluesma
Last week when the train derailed in Paris, reports said it was caused purposely- it was a terrorist attack of some kind. Something fairly small was put on the track, which caused the high speed train to derail.

Now, I wasn't paying a lot of attention, I was in the middle of an intense workweek, and did not watch any television. I was limited to hearing what my husband and collegues were telling me, and the reports on the car radio.

Again, funny that - I never once heard that it was caused purposely and I think the point here is that you were not paying attention. There was speculation that sloppy maintenance was to blame and the prevailing theory at the moment is that a faulty point was the cause.

That accident has a lot of similarities to the Potters Bar crash in 2002, which too was the cause of poor maintenance missing a faulty point, sending the train careering into the station platform.
edit on 25/7/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

skipping through the news channels i heard that on more than one channel about a explosion before the crash

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Not heard a bean about that - what you probably heard was people saying they "heard a sound a like an explosion" - now, I would imagine that a 13 carriage express train derailing would make quite a loud sound.....

So far, I have yet to see anyone say that there was an explosion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join