It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the African American People

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

i am not worried about black people who are successful.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
The way right goes after President and Holder shows a lot. lol

It shows that Obama and Holder are corrupt to the core because the points made against them are valid and they get the most attention because they are the most vocal of this administration.

Its normally President and Vice President that gets targeted.

What country do you live in??
The Vice President kisses babies and cuts ribbons on new bridges. He's usually a nobody and no one talks about him. It's a nothing position.

During the Bush43 years most people went after Bush43 and Donald Rumsfeld.

However, when Biden does say things .. he usually puts his foot in his mouth and the news spends an adequate amount of time mocking him. Example ... Biden recently told people to get their shot guns and shoot a warning shot off into the air if someone was breaking into the house. This is illegal. A person this past week did just that and when he was arrested for doing it he claimed he was just doing what the Vice President said to do.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
you're missing the point.
you're asking people who have generational, systemic, emotional and mental trauma, to think and behave like people who don't.

Everyone has trauma if you look hard enough. The problem is not trauma, the problem is not past offenses against one's ancestors, the problem is a culture that promotes criminality and lack of responsibility. You can "love" them all you want but that will not help a largely self-imposed situation.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So what about all of your worry for white people who are not successful? Where are your tears for Appalachia?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

The race baiters should take responsibility for adding to this.

that's one of my points. the globalists are using a group of severly traumatized people, to traumatize everyone else., including each other.

the only solution i can see, to begin the healing, is for everyone to side step the race baiters and enmasse, profess their concern and love for black americans (and hispanics too, and native americans, and chinese americans, etc)

Loving a group is silly. There are many individuals in groups and those individuals range from very good, even "saintly" people to bad and downright evil people. The problem is that you still think in groups. Individuals, depending on the content of their character--not the color of their skin--may deserve love, but not groups.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wrong ,wrong and wrong again. The so called black leaders ( we all know who they are) want let it end.....racism that is. If so, all the profit dries up and they would be forced to get a real use your hands to earn a living job. VS profitting off of your own race and all other races as well. Racism is the money tool of the black leaders...without it they cease to be relevent. As I said earlier. this will go on till the end of time as we know it....and we all know that's the damn truth. Until the day WE ALL become colorblind..it will allways be the way it is.We simply need to admit the ugly truth of it all.
edit on 25-7-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

So what about all of your worry for white people who are not successful? Where are your tears for Appalachia?

i'm worried about impoverished people everywhere, aren't you? currently our cities are being targetted by some nefarious groups who are destroying the people because they are vulnerable. with poverty comes vulnerability. with repeated violence, trauma rises.

i can't believe more than half of you can't admit that living in a war zone 24/7/365 effects the population in a very traumatic way. the ones who aren't engaging in drugs and violence, end up being unwitting victims, repeatedly. it's a vicious cycle.

edit on 25-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

MUCH of it is through their own poor choices.

read my prior post to you. you can't expect a person functioning with mental and emotional trauma, to behave the same as someone else. this is the big elephant in the room everyone is trying to ignore.

But what exactly are they 'traumatized' from?

As I stated earlier, if years of oppression and slavery created trauma, and it most likely did, then we would see the things that FlyersFan mentioned in the generations closer to slavery. But no...

Instead, in the Recinstruction period, those blacks took their trauma and turned it around, by utilizing all resources available to lift themselves out of 'the struggle'. This was REAL TRAUMA and REAL STRUGGLE; The REAL REPARATIONS were used to go to schools and become doctors, lawyers, and own businesses, and were not used lifelong...

So this mentality of "Woe is me, I'm a victim" is a sorry excuse. I'm black and have began lifting myself from those issues by changing my peer group, becoming educating, and saving money instead of using lifelong welfare to come out of poverty.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's very hard to find a single Black American who will say that the Civil War was not fought over slavery. If that's true then why do the half million whites who died fighting never get any praise (it;s always Lincoln - as if he had the power to enforce the Emancipation Proclamation on anyone). It was through the suffering and death of countless White Union soldiers they were able to leave the plantations in the first place.

What about those hundreds of thousands of White Union soldiers who died to end slavery?
Blacks will list MLK, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks as heroes but no mention of the soldiers.
Colored troops get credit (see the movie "Glory"with Denzel Washington)
So why the glaring omission?

I submit a major reason for so much discontent among African Americans ( I reject the term altogether, either we're Americans or we're immigrants who rightfully deserve such a title) is their skewed and selective knowledge of history. By thinking they were the sole recipients of subjugation, slavery and abuse they set themselves apart as a race. They truly believe that everyone else is the beneficiary of their ancestors labor and as such are owed restitution. Never mind that Irish people were sold cheaper as slaves than Blacks and Chinese were regularly worked to death in railroad camps, no - to them it was all built on slave power.

With that kind of historical view it's little wonder bad attitudes prevail. So-called "leaders" of the Black community exploit it for their own personal gain and power while keeping their own people down. If anyone deserves their disdain it should be men like Al Sharpton, Jesse jackson and the New Black Panther Party who would use their own people in such disingenuous ways,

The ghetto is another issue altogether. As an environment it is not a fit place to raise children, crime is rampant as is abuse of drugs and alcohol. Drug prohibition has created fertile ground for gangs to prosper so much so that young people see that as a viable alternative. Schools within these areas are often failures and spend too much time on discipline instead of educating. I wish I had the answers for how to fix it. It should surprise nobody that it would next to impossible to dream a better future while living under such conditions. I think the last 50 years have proven that money is not the answer nor are dictates from the government going to change it. This is a change that must begin with them, coming from within to be authentic and real enough to make a difference.

Meantime the best we can do is point out the obvious race-baiting by both sides and the incorrect history as it comes up in movies and entertainment. I think you're right about love making a difference OP but it will always be wasted if it isn't wanted in the first place. That much is true regardless of color or creed.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

i can't believe more than half of you can't admit that living in a war zone 24/7/365 effects the population in a very traumatic way. the ones who aren't engaging in drugs and violence, end up being unwitting victims, repeatedly. it's a vicious cycle.

I agree 100% there undo. When my neighborhood began going downhill it affected my entire family. Hearing gunshots nearby every night, seeing people assaulted and robbed makes one very fearful. Just because someone is born in to it doesn't mean they will adjust to it. People were never meant to be raised in such circumstances. We require peace and time to reflect as well as a freedom from fear anytime we leave our homes. Anyone living in the ghetto will tell you when you go out you don't know if you'll come home in 1 piece if at all. Broken homes produce dysfunctional children regardless of race but no amount of outside meddling is going to fix this problem. All we can do is be sure we don't help make it any worse.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Bravo, and this is a very valid argument!!

(and the movie GLory stars Denzel Washington, not Cuba Gooding Jr

:lol

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

this is a good thing for you and the others you mentioned. but it doesn't help the rest. what explanation do you have for the preponderance of blacks in the inner cities if not the result of generational poverty and victimization, which goes hand in hand with traumatic syndrome

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

i know the topic is sensitive and deeply troubling but it needs to be seen and understood. please star and flag it, so others have a chance to read it.

Note to mods: racial issues are a touchy issue, so consider that because my post is not anti-black. Some readers may however disagree because its such a flammable topic for discussion.

Blacks have only themselves to blame for their troubles. If they had parents that made their children stay in school and learn to do something with their lives they wouldn't be out on the streets getting shot every day or commuting some other type of violence. There are plenty of blacks who have education and have made something of themselves, who are not on a pity me party day and night cause those white people got all the stuff.

But they don't want those good role models, instead they want those rap and hip stars and gangsta types to emulate. They keep themselves in their own self imposed prison.

When black people stop with the racial hatred against white people for all of their shortcomings, then they will be free. yet at the same time there are some whites, and even a few blacks that help keep them down and poor and in bondage. It's called the democrat party but they refuse to see it. Black crime is up. Black poverty is up. Black drop out rate is up. And this is while they have a black man in the white house.

Wake up black people. Take off those chains they got you in. Stop thinking black only, and start thinking person. Forget about what the whites got and you don't. Pick yourself up and make your life mean something so you can hold your head up high.

This post is written by a white Irish man. The Irish have suffered much persecution, hatred and slavery for many generations. But we shook it off cause the past is not now and not the future. I'm telling you like I see it, and I know I'm right. Be your own person and succeed in this life.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

What about those hundreds of thousands of White Union soldiers who died to end slavery? Blacks will list MLK, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks as heroes but no mention of the soldiers. Colored troops get credit (see the movie "Glory"with Denzel Washington) So why the glaring omission?

If the civil war was really over freeing the slaves, why were there so many black soldiers that willingly served in Confederate armies? yeah, I bet Denzel will never make that movie.

If the civil war really was over freeing the slaves, why did Lincoln wait almost THREE YEARS into the war to issue the emancipation proclomation. Should'nt that have been the first thing he did?

If the civil war really was over freeing the slaves, then why is it that in all of the accounts I have read in diaries of Confederate foot soldiers (not the politicians, I'm talking about the actual regular Joes in the trenches.) that not once, have I ever seen one of them say that they joined the Confederate army to keep the slaves. I did read however from almost all of them that they were fighting to govern themselves and be free of a Federal government that unfairly taxed them and misrepresented them politically. Sounds a little bit like modern times to me.

History is written by the victors, so what sounds better for the history books?

"We fought the war to free the blacks who were enslaved."

Or

"We fought the war because a large segment of the population wanted to govern themselves."

That is why there is a glaring omission, it does'nt fit in with what they want people to perceive history as.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

preaching to the choir friend. everything you're suggesting is not the point of this thread. this thread is not about racism, it's not about reverse racism. it's not about white guilt. it's not about liberalism or conservatism. it's about millions of people in our inner cities, suffering with trauma from living in war zones every day of their lives.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

i'm worried about impoverished people everywhere, aren't you? currently our cities are being targetted by some nefarious groups who are destroying the people because they are vulnerable. with poverty comes vulnerability. with repeated violence, trauma rises.

edit on 25-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

However, it is a war zone because of the choices the people in that community make. All of the love and money will not change that a single iota unless the people there change the content of their character.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

The fact remains that the war focused on slavery. The fact remains that slavery ended once and for all after the war. The debt was paid with blood. As for southern succession, yes, they wanted out, but it was because of slavery.

Blacks served in the confederate army because they were promised freedom. Also, some had misguided loyalty to their white masters.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Fromabove

preaching to the choir friend. everything you're suggesting is not the point of this thread. this thread is not about racism, it's not about reverse racism. it's not about white guilt. it's not about liberalism or conservatism. it's about millions of people in our inner cities, suffering with trauma from living in war zones every day of their lives.

I guess then your title should maybe have read, "Healing the inner city war plight suffered by blacks and whites." But I guess I misunderstood when you were singing the suffering of the African-American and had posted a video about black shooting victims and the lack of police presence to save them.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join