It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about Atlantis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

If their knowledge was limited to about 19th century, how did they have weapons that altered the very geography of the planet?

I was referring to an earlier period. Atlantis was not a monolithic civilisation continouing along the same path. It existed for over 100.000 years and had at least three cataclysms that brought its peoples low.

Prior to 32.000 years there existed an extremely advanced civilisation who came into conflict with others, collectively they caused a doomsday scenario. The civilisation that emerged from this and in turn was destroyed 12.500 years ago had its peak roughly analogous to our late XIX century - technology wise.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alatloc

Originally posted by 1Learner
reply to post by Alatloc

Why are you trying to prove Atlantis' existence? What is your motivation to do this?

In all honesty? Fun. You people boil away in your little pot guessing, searching - its high time someone gave you something real to see you run around blowing your head off.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Alatloc because: (no reason given)

By "you people", who do you mean exactly - this website or the world?
What interests me is that you're doing this for fun, instead of spreading the knowledge in order to change what we consider history, perhaps even the world with discoveries that you might know. Makes me question how long you've had this knowledge, and what other things you might know.
Feel free to enlighten me there.

Assuming it's all true though, what were the Atlanteans' religious and political beliefs?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The Cherokee have a legend that deals with the people of Atlantis after it sank. According to the story they dwelt around the foot hills of the Appalachain mountains. The Cherokee legend goes on to say when the Cherokee were sick they would go to what is now known as the Talledega forrest and find a town of Atlantians there and they were well versed in medical practices that were unknown to the Cherokee but could heal anything wrong with them.

To your knowledge would this be true?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Perhaps you could tell us about the Underground City in the Grand Canyon and give us exacting coordinates and directions on how to reach and access this fabled marvel?

The cave complex itself was originally modified by ancestors of Native Americans, it was then reused by the people of pre-dynastic Egypt for a time.

You'll never access it, its guarded by US government and the penalty for attempting to get in can be terminally harsh so there's no point in talking about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Okay, I'm interested. San Luis Obispo County, CA?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR_UNSMiLey
Okay, I'm interested. San Luis Obispo County, CA?

I went to San Luis Obispo High...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Learner
Assuming it's all true though, what were the Atlanteans' religious and political beliefs?

Prior to the final destruction of 12.500 you'd find them a very unpleasant people. Their religion by then was centered around lower realms, they practiced human sacrifice and traded in blood with beings other than human or so its recorded.

Politically they were an agressive empire believing anyone who's not them is not fully human. They engaged in wholesale genocide and based their supposed supremacy on the previous civilisation achievemnts, some 18.000 years prior.

They also possesed facilities left over from a previous much higher scientifically period, they used this, albeit inexpertly to alter living human beings into something less than human, in smithsonian university on public display there's an "eagle mummy" of a horrifyingly mangled man. You will read that he's been prepared like that by the embalmers when in reality he's one of the remnants of these experiments.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow, small world! I went to Lopez Continuation in AG.
edit on 23/7/13 by MR_UNSMiLey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ok ... I'll bite. Where is Jimmy Hoffa's body? And I don't mean Jimmy Hoffa from Atlantis.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alatloc

Originally posted by Druscilla
Perhaps you could tell us about the Underground City in the Grand Canyon and give us exacting coordinates and directions on how to reach and access this fabled marvel?

The cave complex itself was originally modified by ancestors of Native Americans, it was then reused by the people of pre-dynastic Egypt for a time.

You'll never access it, its guarded by US government and the penalty for attempting to get in can be terminally harsh so there's no point in talking about it.

Right. That's altogether convenient isn't it. Give us the coordinates anyway?

Some of us may have people and contacts in the US Gov.
Some of us may even be more than willing to just go see this guard of US Gov.
There's entirely worthwhile reasons to talk about sites mysteriously claimed to be mysteriously guarded by government forces. Just having coordinates to such a (claimed) site we can then verify the existence of government forces quite easily.

As I keep saying, it's all entirely predictable and convenient all we have is words on a screen and nothing to back any of it up.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hey dude!! You skipped my post. Where's my info?
South east UK.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MR_UNSMiLey

Well, well, well,

You just never know eh?

My old stomping grounds. Stomped many brain cells at beach keggers.

Oh, wait something topic related.

Um how many square feet were the bathrooms ?

edit on 23-7-2013 by SLAYER69 because:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
Ok ... I'll bite. Where is Jimmy Hoffa's body? And I don't mean Jimmy Hoffa from Atlantis.

I'm sorry who's Jimmy Hoffa?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Hey dude!! You skipped my post. Where's my info?
South east UK.

I did not, first three people get theirs, then the next three and so on. Comparing records to modern google-maps is not easy and i'll have so much more fun when you people find exactly what i told you you will.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Like uh, 3 toilets, one handicap accessible. I sure hope there's someplace around where I live that could house remnants of Atlantis. Now that I think about it, Camp SLO seems like the place where something could be hidden.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
The Cherokee have a legend that deals with the people of Atlantis after it sank. According to the story they dwelt around the foot hills of the Appalachain mountains. The Cherokee legend goes on to say when the Cherokee were sick they would go to what is now known as the Talledega forrest and find a town of Atlantians there and they were well versed in medical practices that were unknown to the Cherokee but could heal anything wrong with them.

To your knowledge would this be true?

To be honest i don't think so. Native American tribes as such go back about 4.000 years when a unified agrarian culture in central North America fell apart, the last atlantean refugees hit the shores of North America over 12.000 years ago so thats an 8.000 years gap.

While there's truth to Native American myths they're heavily garbled by the passage of time. In the time of The Deluge no Native American tribes existed and the Native Americans themselves lived in a very different way.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Average Atlantean lifespan?
Was there a time when the Atlanteans were not so violent?
Did Atlantis have anything to do with crystals?

What continents were not on the surface of Earth during Atlantis' existence?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MR_UNSMiLey

Bivouacked there a few times

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Do you read/follow Graham Hancock? "One of the main themes running through many of his books is the possible global connection with a "mother culture" from which he believes all ancient historical civilizations sprang.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join