It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ask me anything about Atlantis

page: 2
5
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Is there a connection Between Atlantis and the Bermuda Triangle?




posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by LevelEleven
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Such a small minded individual, assuming everything is about money. Good luck with life.


Small minded is seeing this post and saying "oh gee this could be real".

Try it out, provide me an approximate location and i'll give you something you'll be able to access with little effort and it will provide a challenge to your mindset. Internet is such a curious place.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You have my interest and I have a straight forward question. It can be taken as a logical one of predictable conditions of geography and patterns or it can be taken as a question I may have some base of reference for already. It shouldn't matter, but it's a serious one.

What was the nature of the conflict which came at the end of the Atlantean civilization and culture?



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Alatloc
 


In what areas will remains generally appear, and why would they appear in America (assuming this from your OP)?

Also, what can you say about a transparent orb supposedly found inside a pyramid in the ocean which repels metals?

One more:
If you are so in the know, do not you concern yourself with your personal safety or with the safety of others to whom you are giving information to?



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
Is there a connection Between Atlantis and the Bermuda Triangle?


As far as we know yes but its natural. When the final islands sunk as the tectonic plate on which they floated rapidly changed constitution something strange happened to the magnetic field in several places of the Earth, it affects water, both the ocean and the clouds as well as the instruments of various craft.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
OK, expert on Atlantis, as you must know, Plato mentioned a term he said used to be a thing, but in Plato's time, it had become only a word: Orichalcum. What is it?



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Learner
reply to post by Alatloc
 


In what areas will remains generally appear, and why would they appear in America (assuming this from your OP)?

Everywhere in North America where the land was free of glacial ice with especially large concentration in Arizona, Texas and all along the coast.

Originally posted by 1Learner
Also, what can you say about a transparent orb supposedly found inside a pyramid in the ocean which repels metals?

I don't really know what you're referring to but personaly i doubt it. There are sites, ruins, tombs and locations that are more or less intact, some as old are 40.000 years but none of them under water. The bottom of the ocean is a really harsh place to be and most structures wont survive even a few thousand years.

Originally posted by 1Learner
One more:
If you are so in the know, do not you concern yourself with your personal safety or with the safety of others to whom you are giving information to?

Time's of Tesla are over and my information is neither critical nor harfmul to any particular people.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Lets give this a try....I'm in Scotts Valley, CA



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm curious as to who the were, their technology, and where they came from /went?
edit on 23-7-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by Im2keul because: too much JD and can't spell



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
OK, expert on Atlantis, as you must know, Plato mentioned a term he said used to be a thing, but in Plato's time, it had become only a word: Orichalcum. What is it?

Time garbled the message, Plato mixed up two different items.

Orichalcum as mineable mineral was simply copper, mined prior to The Deluge for a variety of reasons, including an ineficient but potent power generating device, this electric device used copper rods which it destroyed quite often and so massive amounts of copper were mined in Americas, Spain and Africa.

The other substance, the one ascribed many wondrous abilities is an alloy of copper-arsenic-nickel and bronze, used in many ways it was as strong as steel, as elastic as some harder types of plastic and not at all brittle.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Alatloc because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by Alatloc because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You have my interest and I have a straight forward question. It can be taken as a logical one of predictable conditions of geography and patterns or it can be taken as a question I may have some base of reference for already. It shouldn't matter, but it's a serious one.

What was the nature of the conflict which came at the end of the Atlantean civilization and culture?


From what we know there were two world wars. One over 32.000 years ago when high civilisations used weapons that disrupted the very geography of the Earth and ended with a global collapse back to the stone age.

Much less sophisticated civilisations fought immidietaly prior to the destruction of Atlantis. The nature of the earlier conflict was philosophic, religious and esoteric in nature, the final one however was purely political.

Atlanteans were a maritime power of global reach, they fought with inhabitants of current day Africa, a maritime nation that occupied the present day eagean basin and their own rebelled colonies in Europe.

The conflict ended with the sinking of the largest island of Atlantis west off the coast of Africa, this resulted in a cataclysmic event that killed off virtually all civilised societies and ended the ice age, over the next 3000 years humanity plummeted to almost stone age existence hounded by turbulent climate changes and having lost virtually all its urban centers.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Alatloc because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alatloc
 


I'd like a location near Salt Lake City, Utah, as I could use a good outdoor adventure. Just let me know where and how deep.

The time frame you're talking about is around the time of some fun changes in my area. Would be nice to see if there is anything to this Atlantis thing in my little corner of the world.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im2keul
I'm curious as to who the were, their technology, and where they came from /went?
edit on 23-7-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by Im2keul because: too much JD and can't spell

Thats a very broad question, humanity existed in Atlantis for well over 100.000 years out of its 200.000 year existence.

At one point prior to the second destruction Atlantis and multiple other cultures worldwide reached a level centuries above ours, in the final days of the last glacial period - 12.500 years ago it was a much less sophisticated culture.

Their ships though massive and built with advanced understanding of maritime travel were made of wood and used mostly sail power, they could generate electricity in fairly limited way for light and other purposes, gunpowder was known though weapons shooting darts were more common.

They possesed the power of flight with catapult-launched gliders or large dirigibles, they had mathematics, cartography, astronomy, they could produce alloys and had a simple yet advanced way of cutting and lifting stone that involved magnetic forces.

Alltogether their level of technology could be compared to late XIX century although they had many advancements that outreached us in that time, there were other cultures that reached a similar level to them at that point.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alatloc

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by LevelEleven
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Such a small minded individual, assuming everything is about money. Good luck with life.


Small minded is seeing this post and saying "oh gee this could be real".

Try it out, provide me an approximate location and i'll give you something you'll be able to access with little effort and it will provide a challenge to your mindset. Internet is such a curious place.


I already did. I think you are full of crap, but I am still giving you a chance to prove otherwise.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alatloc
 


Why are you trying to prove Atlantis' existence? What is your motivation to do this?



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaker
reply to post by Alatloc
 


I'd like a location near Salt Lake City, Utah, as I could use a good outdoor adventure. Just let me know where and how deep.

The time frame you're talking about is around the time of some fun changes in my area. Would be nice to see if there is anything to this Atlantis thing in my little corner of the world.

Its never deep, three - four feet at most, Salt Lake City will be a challenge but a promise is a promise, this closes the requests for this week, finding a viable site requires quite a bit of work so you guys get yours, others will have to wait their turn.


Originally posted by 1Learner
reply to post by Alatloc
 


Why are you trying to prove Atlantis' existence? What is your motivation to do this?

In all honesty? Fun. You people boil away in your little pot guessing, searching - its high time someone gave you something real to see you run around blowing your head off.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Alatloc because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alatloc

Originally posted by Im2keul
I'm curious as to who the were, their technology, and where they came from /went?
edit on 23-7-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by Im2keul because: too much JD and can't spell

Thats a very broad question, humanity existed in Atlantis for well over 100.000 years out of its 200.000 year existence.

At one point prior to the second destruction Atlantis and multiple other cultures worldwide reached a level centuries above ours, in the final days of the last glacial period - 12.500 years ago it was a much less sophisticated culture.

Their ships though massive and built with advanced understanding of maritime travel were made of wood and used mostly sail power, they could generate electricity in fairly limited way for light and other purposes, gunpowder was known though weapons shooting darts were more common.

They possesed the power of flight with catapult-launched gliders or large dirigibles, they had mathematics, cartography, astronomy, they could produce alloys and had a simple yet advanced way of cutting and lifting stone that involved magnetic forces.

Alltogether their level of technology could be compared to late XIX century although they had many advancements that outreached us in that time, there were other cultures that reached a similar level to them at that point.


If their knowledge was limited to about 19th century, how did they have weapons that altered the very geography of the planet?



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Canandaigua, NY

Were the Atlanteans tied in with the Olmecs or their predecessors?



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie_lizzie79
Canandaigua, NY

Were the Atlanteans tied in with the Olmecs or their predecessors?

Amusingly enough, no. Olmecs are distant descendands of ancient black people (who's similarity to the modern Negro race was only slight).

They were the final part of migratory waves from the area of present day Egypt, several centuries after The Deluge various groups of survivors travelled the globe searching for civilisation, these people found it in South America, they mingled with the remainder of the refugees.

As this ancient remnant-kingdom fell apart they alone survived and eventually after thousands of years became the Olmecs, they then died out of infertility caused by some unindentified disease.



posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I find it extremely predictable and tiresome all we yet have is words on a screen without any supporting documentation.

Still waiting on pictures, and/or any documentation.
Further, all this bravado and talk, there should be map coordinates where this foolery has already been done before, so, out with it or is there anything at all?

Perhaps you could tell us about the Underground City in the Grand Canyon and give us exacting coordinates and directions on how to reach and access this fabled marvel?



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join