It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about Atlantis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Learner
Average Atlantean lifespan?

Prior to the final destruction? About 60 years for the common people and a minimum of 200 for their equivalent of nobility due to access to highly advanced pharmaceutics derived from natural sources.

Was there a time when the Atlanteans were not so violent?

Most of their history they were peacefull, their attitutudes deteriorated rapidly a thousand years prior to the final destruction.

Did Atlantis have anything to do with crystals?

At one point during the second civilisation, over 32.000 years ago artificial crystals became the medium for generating and transporting energy, they were used globaly and its not clear whether they originated in Atlantis or came from any other advanced civilisation of the time.

What continents were not on the surface of Earth during Atlantis' existence?

They were all present, more land was above the water, the asian penninsula was far larger and significant part of Antarctica was not covered by ice, otherwiise they were all present.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ah, I never had the chance to camp outside. My old unit put us up in the cabins for the CCC workers the last time I was there.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Do you read/follow Graham Hancock? "One of the main themes running through many of his books is the possible global connection with a "mother culture" from which he believes all ancient historical civilizations sprang.

I listened to him once somewhere, the man is clearly a hoax. Its 2013 and the world is still here. Atlantis was not the mother culture, it did influence the entire world but this was done in a way similar that US does today, its language was the trade language of the world, its culture permeated other nations so its only natural it left crumbs of similarities worldwide.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alatloc

Do any bloodlines from Atlantis exist to this day?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Alatloc

Do any bloodlines from Atlantis exist to this day?

I'd say that 12.500 after The Deluge at least a third of humanity has atlantean genes. Native Americans in both Soutn and North America are examples of a relatively pure group, Basques retain an almost absolute purity. Jews before they mixed with Khazars were another pure group.

Asians do not come from Atlantis so most of them have no connection to it, black Africans also lived outside of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alatloc
In the time of The Deluge

Could you tell me why there is no evidence for the Deluge in the geologic record?

O.k: New Zealand. Well-known Atlantean colony

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Hey dude!! You skipped my post. Where's my info?
South east UK.

I did not, first three people get theirs, then the next three and so on. Comparing records to modern google-maps is not easy and i'll have so much more fun when you people find exactly what i told you you will.

Ok, but I think I was number three.
Will I be notified?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Do you read/follow Graham Hancock? "One of the main themes running through many of his books is the possible global connection with a "mother culture" from which he believes all ancient historical civilizations sprang.

I listened to him once somewhere, the man is clearly a hoax. Its 2013 and the world is still here. Atlantis was not the mother culture, it did influence the entire world but this was done in a way similar that US does today, its language was the trade language of the world, its culture permeated other nations so its only natural it left crumbs of similarities worldwide.

How in the hell can you hear the guy once (somewhere) and call him a hoax?

Folks move along there is nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

In the time of The Deluge

Could you tell me why there is no evidence for the Deluge in the geologic record?

O.k: New Zealand. Well-known Atlantean colony

Who said there's not?

Geological strata and their contained marine fossils provide critical evidence that the ocean once covered the continents, even the highest continental areas. Extremely widespread strata blankets argue for an intercontinental or global flood.

The Sauk Sequence extends throughout North America and appears to extend into Europe. The Tippecanoe Sequence also covers much of North America and may well extend into Europe and Africa. There are also intercontinental redbed sequences, intercontinental tuff beds, and coal-bearing strata cycles.

Our geologists are not quite certain how to deal with it but evidence exists for global floods, 400 milion, 120 milion, 65 milion, 32.000 and 12.000 years ago via compressed specifically deposited strata.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

How in the hell can you hear the guy once (somewhere) and call him a hoax?

Folks move along there is nothing to see here.

Quite simply he said something along the lines of "black hole eats earth but aliens save the chosen - 2012 end of the world".

No end of the world, no aliens.

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Ok, but I think I was number three.
Will I be notified?

If so - yes, after today i'll re-read the thread and contact the first three people with ready information.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Alatloc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I listened to him once somewhere, the man is clearly a hoax. Its 2013 and the world is still here.

Did Graham Hancock ever state it would end in 2013?
I'll write him and ask. He's on my facebook friends list

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I listened to him once somewhere, the man is clearly a hoax. Its 2013 and the world is still here.

No he did not.

Like I said, move along folks nothing to see hear.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What did the architecture look like? How many islands were there of Atlantis? What did the society of Atlantis operate towards? What was on their land (bakeries, factories, farms, playgrounds, etc) and how did homes of citizens look like?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

How To Survive 2012

edit on 23-7-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

What did the architecture look like? How many islands were there of Atlantis? What did the society of Atlantis operate towards? What was on their land (bakeries, factories, farms, playgrounds, etc) and how did homes of citizens look like?

In the final period these people built in tiers. Houses were not built separately but in large complexes of steep tiers, as many as ten or twelve floors could be present for a total height of up to 200 feet. The cities were built in a circular pattern, a wheel with between three and nine layers, each between several hundred feet and over a mile wide - depending on the population with roads as concentric spokes leading all the way to the heart of the city.

Each city was built in the same way with alterations with regards to size and local geography.

The society in the final phase was divided into three castes, the common people who lived in these vast buildings and enjoyed few moderm commodities, the artificers who were responsible for maintaining and developing what technology and science there was and what we would call nobility who at the time of the end preoccupied themselves almost solely with the trade of war.

The cities had all the ammenities required for an urbal life, factories however were not present, all items of mechanical or scientific advancement were produced by hand by the artificers who themselves were divided by speciality, some built weapons of war, others home utilities and yet others medical appliances.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No he did not.

Dear God i'm sorry. I mistook Graham Hancock for David Willcock. Graham Hancock is quite a sensationalist and vague but he's doing a great service for the community.

Here you were talking about Hancock and i mistook him for the other man.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Genuinely surprised this thread has lived for this long without a 'closed for review'.
Ironically browsing through the channels I just saw the 2011 Atlantis New Evidence show just ending.

Anti-climactic as usual. I hope something interesting turns up here.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

No he did not.

Dear God i'm sorry. I mistook Graham Hancock for David Willcock. Graham Hancock is quite a sensationalist and vague but he's doing a great service for the community.

Here you were talking about Hancock and i mistook him for the other man.

No problem.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join