It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg strikes again: bans food donations to the homeless.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
No one knows what those "food" donations contain. For all we know they could contain poison, or some virus.

People donate to food banks all of the time, does this indicate they are giving away poison food,
or purposely contaminated food? Ridiculous assumption, it is more likely that the government
would be involved in that, as they refuse to label GMO food, which is not safe for human
consumption.

Bloomberg has grown to like the attention he gets. It keeps his name on the front page.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What is disgusting is the Bloomberg became Mayor on NYC(2002) long before someones favorite talking point ever came about.

Dunno why the constant attempts at baiting people.

Demagoguery strikes again with a false equivocation because one of those things is not like the other for those who are paying attention here.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you are for the homeless dying? You are for bigger government intervention into actual charitable efforts? Progressive politics in action, right here. This is also the future of Obamacare.

We gots it all wrong 'charity' should only come from a barrel of a gun pointed at our heads because other people think 'caring' is using totalitarianism is acceptable under the guise of 'sharing'.

The biggest difference between individual charity and that bastardization they call entitlement is one of those things is done by free will.

And when I go to the pearly gates, and the ticket taker asks me, 'Neo what did you do to get a pass through the door?, I will reply, ' I volunteered to go feed the homeless at my local church..'

Others will walk to the pearly gates, and the ticket taker asks them ' What do did you do to get a pass through the door?', and they will reply. ' Oh I supported fascists by having a proxy use force to take something from someone else to give to the 'less fortunate'.
'
Ticket taker says Neo, 'You shall pass' and the ticket taker replies ,'Hey other guy, next line over'.

But hey only a few of us don't derive our morality from those who worship at the alter of statolatry.
edit on 21-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Looks like New York is leading the country as far as Nazi regimes go. It's almost as if it were a petri dish for tptb to test out new rights violations.

And why in the world are New Yorkers letting this clown do this to them? It's pretty despicable for a multi billionaire to regulate whether those who are starving to death are abiding by nutritional standards. If I cared about him I'd be getting worried about his sanity.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
when will it be time to start feeding lead to the elites.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I tried to find if this was something new rather than over a year ago. March of 2012.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

And one of the threads here on ATS. I believe there are more tho. Can't remember but I may have even done one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not doing the "Already Posted" thing but rather asking if something has changed so that it's even coming up on a few other sites as new?

Peace

Man, I must've been slow on the uptake today because didn't catch that. Thanks. Noticed this kind of thing occurring on other subjects at times. Maybe somebody out there is initiating Operation Anti-Bloomberg via regurgitating all the bad press about him (not that much reminding is needed). Now that I think about it, this subject did come up during the whole Zuccotti Park thing at OWS. That's how it seemed at the time at least. I also seem to recall the claims of "class warfare" occurring but really, it seemed like it was legislative warfare on the homeless more than anything.

Anyways, end ramble, nice catch. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What a sick creature Bloomberg is.

Come to Australia.

The homeless are still treated as people.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have enjoyed "following' you links to other related topics. I have found that you are always great about linking things in to show how they work together (although it seems that when you do this it speeds up my clock as I have lost hours
).

OK, back on topic. The one thing that gives me hope is the number of responses this year vs. last years post. Hopefully that shows that people are starting to realize what is going on. We the people have got to wake up and band together as a nation; not turn against those less fortunate.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
No one knows what those "food" donations contain. For all we know they could contain poison, or some virus. There are plenty of homeless shelters where these people can get in line and get a hot meal.

This mob mentality on ATS is disturbing. Yeah let's go out with pitch forks and torches and lynch this man because he wants to make sure the homeless receive a meal that contains the necessary nutrients and is not packed full of fat and salt.

How thick are you??? Where do you think the homeless shelters get their food from??? They get them through damn donations and the article clearly said:

Outlawed are food donations to homeless SHELTERS because the city can’t assess their salt, fat and fiber content, reports CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

So I guess you like bloomberg wants them to starve then.. Surely much healhier than getting a bit too much salt.
edit on 22-7-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
So according to this dick head bloomberg chap, these bagels are fine in terms of salt, fat and the rest of it to SELL to the buying public...but somehow are an unknown quantity when GIVEN to poor people?

Do the public actually vote for these idiots?

Right, right..... in agreement fully here....
SO...............the method is now to be the nutrition police?
I THINK.... if the STORE can sell it, it should be considered WHOLESOME .......... or is this world that convoluted?

IT'S WELL Past time to take back our Country from these wana-be Tyrants..... by any mens necessary..
edit on 22-7-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I lived in New York for quite a while. I loved it there, the architecture and the essence of the big city is awesome. But I'm glad I moved. I can't believe what New York is turning into. Bloomberg needs to go, ASAP. He's a heartless SOB that doesn't deserve a second thought, much less to be mayor over one of the biggest cities in the world.

Absolutely disgusting. We are the homeless, the homeless are us. It could be any one of us, and if the stars and planets align just right, it could even be the douche Bloomberg!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I don't know what to say, it is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard, and here I thought you couldn't top the big drink thingy.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

"Bloombug" is the candidate of Wall Street, rich and dirty like the corporate dictatorship that rule the nation that is how he got elected.

edit on 22-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'll give what the heck I want to who ever I want. No government will tell me who I can or cannot help. What is this? I'll tell you what it is, it's heartless, shameful display of tyranny. They maybe homeless but they are still citizens. I know it's foolish to say but isn't the government supposed to help their citizens? Hell...handbasket...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The only way this makes any since is if it the soylent green program. "Hey Joe, when did the bagels turn green?"

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

How do you stop generous people giving less fortunate people food? make it illegal!

It's the suits saying "stop helping the people who dont help the system"

more ridiculous law making to keep the peeps in check

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Entertainment or Prophecy? You decide

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Mayor sure likes the Nanny Statism. The government has to make sure even the homeless do not get too much transfat. I think he is promoting dependence on the State over private enterprise.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In my youth I was unfortunate enough to have spent about 2 years on the streets of San Diego, I would love to see Bloomberg survive one week.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by wondermost

If you are ok with the policies that the elitist bloomburg(I refuse to capitalize his name, as that shows a form of respect, and I couldn't give one crap if its spelled right or not. fyi) slams down New Yorkers throats, you simply are not human.

Of course I'm not ok with this. But I'm not a "TEA Party Patriot". I just figured that they would love this kind of thing. It sounds right up their alley.

Oh, so you think that the TEA party is about controlling people.

See, that there is your problem.
You are getting your Progressives mixed up with Conservatives.
Progressives work to have more control of the population.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join