It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Go To Church?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

If I did indeed ha e confirmation bias I would not be a Christian today. I was raised and educated in the model of secular humanism and evolution. Christianity is a recent change to my worldview. What's the next excuse?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

If I did indeed ha e confirmation bias I would not be a Christian today. I was raised and educated in the model of secular humanism and evolution. Christianity is a recent change to my worldview. What's the next excuse?

Lol excuse? Like the above?

That's not what confirmation bias means and the only place your see or hear 'secular humanism and evolution' being spouted is from the lips of the faithful, no-where else

Well, those that proclaim as much anyway...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That's not what confirmation bias means and the only place your see or hear 'secular humanism and evolution' being spouted is from the lips of the faithful, no-where else.

Oh how sheltered you must be! Here, let me show you:

www.secularhumanism.org.

Now mind you I only did a cursory glance of the homepage, but it doesn't look like a Christian website.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by borntowatch
You believe in aliens, ghosts, evidently no evidence.... faith?

I do do I? is that how it works, you tell people what they believe?

I consider the existence of alien life to be incredibly likely considering the vast scale of the universe and the fact that we know life already exists in the universe...........but ghosts? those creatures only found in story books and old wives tales? no, I don't believe such things exist. But I know you do.........on zero evidence....

Santa and the Easter bunny dont have many witnesses to their existence, Christ does.

People claim to have been visited by Aliens every single day. We can go and actually speak to them, couples even whole families. We can get information from them from the night before, not nearly a hundred years later, and not from a friend of theirs who heard them say they saw aliens (like all of Jesus's "witnesses").

Does this mean Alien visitors are real? or that personal testimony on such claims are worthless?

You deny He lived.

People deny the holocaust didn't happen, despite all the evidence. People deny evolution despite all the evidence. I have nothing to deny, I merely do not take a book written by desert wretches, filled with incredible claims and awful tales to be true, and this is due to the lack of any evidence, at all.

Anybody die for santa and the bunny?
silly argument isnt it really?

Yes thats a very silly argument

How many people have died for Allah? For Zeus? For Odin?

Is people killing themselves in a Gods name a sign of authentication?

Or a sign of weak minds and indoctrination?

and read this forum, yeah the world is just a peach

While I love this website, if it's your only window into world events............maybe a security blanket really is suitable (for you).

It was a question, not a statement, sorry I wasnt telling you what you believe.
So you believe in aliens though there seems to be no evidence, interesting.

No death and killing oneself isnt evidence for God, eye witness testimony's are, just as they are enough to make me accept paranormal activities and alien like creatures exist.
My opinion on those is probably different to the mainstream view.

As for Allah, Zeus and Odin, I believe they are gods as well, just not the One God.
The difference is Jesus taught love, the others taught power.

Evidence is dying for a belief that is worth dying for, not killing oneself or others.

and no thanks, I dont need a security blanket, Jesus has me.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Now mind you I only did a cursory glance of the homepage, but it doesn't look like a Christian website.

Well that's why you fail....no mention of evolution is there?

The smugness you attempt to portray is massively miss-placed and I don't think I've seen you reply to a comment honestly without cherry pickling small and often irrelevant sections.

Why don't you at least try to answer a comment honestly?

That's assuming you're capable of this....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sorry, I figured the part you were referring to was the "secular humanist" part that you quoted. I figured it was a given that more people than just the faithful use the term "Evolution".

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Sorry, I figured the part you were referring to was the "secular humanist" part that you quoted. I figured it was a given that more people than just the faithful use the term "Evolution".

Lol and there you go again..........it was you that posted 'secular humanism and evolution' remember?

You seem to think they're mutually exclusive, when they're not.

But yeah keep cherry picking and ignoring everything else, keep compartmentalizing, you're onto a winner!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It was a question, not a statement, sorry I wasnt telling you what you believe.

A question you answered for me.....?....eh?

So you believe in aliens though there seems to be no evidence, interesting.

I explained the evidence to you, is this how you answer questions? completely dishonestly?

No death and killing oneself isnt evidence for God, eye witness testimony's are, just as they are enough to make me accept paranormal activities and alien like creatures exist.
My opinion on those is probably different to the mainstream view.

Yes, yes it is different, thankfully.

Have you ever thought about why it is courts of law, scientists and pretty much every country in the world have a different standard of evidence than you do? Could it be that accepting evidence such as third party witness testimonies and hearsay is completely worthless when it comes to deciphering the truth?

As for Allah, Zeus and Odin, I believe they are gods as well, just not the One God.
The difference is Jesus taught love, the others taught power.

Sounds like the super-best-friends..............with your buddy being the only one who endorsed human blood sacrifice. Sounds like a swell guy

Evidence is dying for a belief that is worth dying for, not killing oneself or others.

Tell Jesus that

and no thanks, I dont need a security blanket, Jesus has me.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Lol and there you go again..........it was you that posted 'secular humanism and evolution' remember?

I never said they were, you read into that. One is a worldview and the other isn't.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Sounds like the super-best-friends..............with your buddy being the only one who endorsed human blood sacrifice. Sounds like a swell guy

You sound very bitter and angry, how sad.

Where did my buddy endorse human sacrifice, at the cross?
Perplexing

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You sound stumped and unable to answer any points raised...

Perplexing

The moment he/it decided that torturing and killing a man on public display was the solution to a problem of his/it's making. Pretty horrific isn't it......but yeah, hes love incarnate

Perplexing

I'm sure you find a lot of things perplexing, but not to worry, thinking isn't really needed for you guys.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You sound stumped and unable to answer any points raised...

Perplexing

The moment he/it decided that torturing and killing a man on public display was the solution to a problem of his/it's making. Pretty horrific isn't it......but yeah, hes love incarnate

Perplexing

I'm sure you find a lot of things perplexing, but not to worry, thinking isn't really needed for you guys.

Stumped indeed, just another anti christian with their message. Also I dont see any valid points

Its true that Christs death was horrific, but the big picture comes down to justice and mercy.
That I dont fully understand the big picture, it is perplexing, but tell me, what can you offer.

Arrogance, bitterness, a touch of narcissism

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I never said they were, you read into that. One is a worldview and the other isn't.

O'rly?

You said....

I was raised and educated in the model of secular humanism and evolution.

Typically dishonest, again

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What is dishonest? Secular Humanism is a worldview, Evolution is not a worldview. In government schools both are pushed in the curriculum.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I dont see any valid points

That's because you're choosing to ignore them, deny ignorance

Its true that Christs death was horrific, but the big picture comes down to justice and mercy.

Whenever Christians mention justice and mercy in this context I have to laugh, you obviously have no idea what either of those words mean...

but tell me, what can you offer.

I'm not trying to sell you anything, but if (when) you say something stupid I can offer you an explanation as to why it's stupid.

Arrogance, bitterness, a touch of narcissism

Believing you have the universe and it's mysteries pretty much worked out as well as having a personal, loving relationship with it's master and creator, and then accusing others of being arrogant or narcissistic, is fail incarnate

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

What is dishonest? Secular Humanism is a worldview, Evolution is not a worldview. In government schools both are pushed in the curriculum.

Then why mention evolution at all?

Why not physics or Maths or any other study of reality?

Or could it be that folk like you lump them all together to describe others with 'word-views' that directly contradict your own?

Because as I said the only place your see or hear 'secular humanism and evolution' being spouted is from the lips of the faithful, no-where else.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

If you notice I said Secular Humanism "and" Evolution.

So what dishonesty again?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If you notice I said Secular Humanism "and" Evolution.

So what dishonesty again?

The same dishonesty you have spouted with every single reply.

You again refuse to answer the majority of points made and attempt to cherry pick a single issue you can worm your way around.

If you didn't mean Secular Humanism and Evolution as a world view, then why mention evolution at all?

Evolution is a non-issue to anyone outside of the faith-brigade, you even listing it alongside secular humanism confirms to me that you and your ilk do indeed consider it as a whole a 'world-view'.

Maybe you could break the habit and take on more than one point per post and explain why you mentioned evolution to begin with?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Because I was mentioning two things I had been indoctrinated with from youth in school. You seem to have read that response as me stating they were the same or something. They aren't and I didn't say they were. That's your fail not a dishonest statement on my part. Furthermore, I'm not obligated in any manner to sit on the witness stand and address your questions in a systematic point-by-point fashion. Your agenda is to flame and troll so just be satisfied I'm dignifying a portion of your posts.

edit on 29-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Because I was mentioning two things I had been indoctrinated with from youth in school. You seem to have read that response as me stating they were the same or something. They aren't and I didn't say they were. That's your fail not a dishonest statement on my part. Furthermore, I'm not obligated in any manner to sit on the witness stand and address your questions in a systematic point-by-point fashion. Your agenda is to flame and troll so just be satisfied I'm dignifying a portion of your posts.

Again, why mention evolution at all if you don't consider 'Secular Humanism and Evolution' a worldview?

Why not 'Secular Humanism and Gravity'? or 'Secular Humanism and Geology'?

Dishonest to the last, and arrogant to boot...

Be satisfied you're dignifying a portion of my posts????

Jesus Christ you have an almighty opinion of yourself.........

Remember you originally replied to me, I made no such contact.

So in future, either engage some kind of integrity and reply in full, or don't bother replying at all.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join