It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with Spirit / Ghost Knocks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have noticed something over the years. Spirits like to knock on things!

I always research things after I experience them, and spirit knocks were something I never experienced until one day when I came into contact with a famous medium online, and heard three very hard knocks on my kitchen wall.
They were so hard that I had to go outside and make sure nothing had hit the house. Of course nothing had, but that was the first time I experienced a "ghost knock". It was a direct answer to the question I was having at the time which was:

"Is all of this spirit stuff real? Or am I imagining things?"

I accepted that answer.

Now recently, I have been experiencing more ghost knocks, in fact, just the other night I had two very hard knocks on my kitchen table, and a little while back when discussing knocks in Sled's paranormal thread, I had a knock on my wall verifying that, again, this all is a real thing.

So I went and did a very quick search on google this morning, just to see what information is out there on ghost knocks, and found a lot. Things I have never heard about, and I didn't realize it was as big of an experience as it is. I have heard about it, experienced it, came to the conclusion that it happens, but never looked it up on the web.
I was kind of shocked at the accounts of spirit knocks, and how common it is. I was just coming to the conclusion myself that this is one of the ways spirits seem to respond to let someone know they are around, and when I looked, I see I was right. I was basing it off my own experience, only to find it verified through multiple websites and videos.

The answers very as to how and why they can do this (and I have no idea how they do this) so I will just keep this to my own experience and those of you out there who have had this experience as well.

I want to hear your experiences with ghost knocks. Of course, you need to rule everything else out before you decide it is a spirit knock, but it seems to be a common experience when it comes to real contact and communication with the spirit world.

Here is a video of Ed and Lorraine Warren talking to a spirit through knocks and although I have never done this myself, it is a good example of ghost knocks on a table. They label it a poltergeist.
I am just using this as an example of knocks, there are plenty more out there, but I have found that when you ask certain questions, spirits can and do answer you with knocks sometimes, although for me it is unexpected when it happens as I am not trying to communicate through knocks.

If you find any videos on the subject, please post them along with your own experiences.
For the skeptic, I would appreciate if you kind of sit back on this thread instead of going into a flame war saying these things don't happen, I concede that there could be rational explanations for a lot of peoples experiences, however, I have experienced them where there is no rational explanation other than a spirit of some kind.

If you don't believe in spirits what-so-ever, please do not post in this thread, as it is meant to get experiences, not people claiming it can't happen.
Thank you in advance!

edit on 20-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Spirits, ghosts etc are just a result of temporal overlap, in many cases senses are limited and input from both temporal locations can only be detected in specific ways.

There have been cases where both parties involved in a temporal overlapping have been able to communicate and in rarer instances could interact with each other's realities. In no case that I've looked at have I been able to determine 100% full interaction.

Most hauntings that involve objects or movements are not evil spirits but literally two parties fighting with each other over different timespans in the exact same location.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My wife's brother lived with us for a few yrs before he passed away in may of 2012. On His birthday the wife and I raised a glass in his honor. Before the drink was done there came a rapping on the wall over by the bathroom door.

Nobody there, nobody in the next room. Just a steady knocking. We looked at one another and both got up to go see what the hell it was. As we got close to the source it faded away, also in an odd manner, as it was still knocking steadily, but seemed like the volume was turned down till it stopped. We were both shaking our heads and went back to where we were sitting.

I said out loud Happy birthday brother! and at that instant a clip on lamp that had been clamped onto a shelf for a good couple of years was knocked to the floor. I say knocked because the clamp was actually broken and it seemed to be knocked off, not just falling but with some measure of force.

Spirits are there, and it is comforting to me in a way to know that we go on...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Those are the kinds of things I am hoping to hear about

That almost reminds me of my grandma's funeral where they lit a candle for each one of my aunts and the fifth candle would not light because my mom was not present. She couldn't make it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

I don't claim to know why or how it happens,
that is an interesting take on it though

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I have all kinds of stories of ghosts/something banging on walls, chests, pipes, etc. Seems to be a favorite pass-time for them.

Here is a story from the time I had to go out of town for training for my job:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had just dozed off after getting back to bed when I was awakened to the sound of something scratching on my bed rails. It was 1:30 a.m. and I only had three more hours to sleep before I had to get up. So, this annoyed me more than it scared me. I communicated this fact to whoever was with me. The scratching stopped, and I went to sleep... for about an hour.

Then...

BANG! CLANG! CLANG!

It started beating on the pipes in the wall in my room!
It was so loud it woke the people in several rooms close to mine. They were talking about it the next morning.

This went on for almost 10 minutes. I was ready to call security, but then I realized they couldn't do anything.
After it stopped I went back to sleep for another 30 minutes... then it started again! At this point I was getting very angry! I needed some sleep!

The ghost didn't care! The banging on the pipes continued every 15 minutes, just as I was ready to doze off once it stopped. I finally gave up and got up for the morning... very tired!
After I got up the banging stopped, and it didn't happen any more. I guess this ghost didn't want me to get any sleep? Maybe she liked my company... wanted attention... who knows? LOL

________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is another one from my thread:

I was outside on the porch at 3:00 a.m. this morning, and I was thinking that the light across the road had not gone out in quite awhile. I was thinking about the man who passed over, and happy that it appears he has "moved on".

Just when I thought that....

"BANG"!

Such a loud bang, it made me jump. (It came from across the road where his business is located.)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

And here are some bangs I've told about in my bedroom:

Just after going to bed this morning, I was lying there all still and thinking about things trying to unwind and go to sleep, when something touched/poked me on my upper arm! It was so unexpected, it made me jump!

My cat was lying next to me, and she perked her ears up and stared at the corner of the wall for the longest!

I got a really strange feeling that "something" was there. I usually talk to this thing and ask what it wants, but this time I just laid there, quite and curious. Then...

"BANG!" on the chest of drawers... just like the last several times when I've felt a presence in my room.

It was really warm in my room this morning, but I had cold chills run though me after that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

I've had many, many experiences with the "bangs", and very recent ones, at that.

Is it something to do with the timeline, as the poster above mentioned? Or is it the spirits trying to get our attention? I can't answer that, but the timing seems to indicate they want to make their presence known at a specific time.

Great thread, DB. I S&F your thread earlier, but I didn't have time to post at that time.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You get a lot more of them than I do!
They do seem to be geared towards specific situations or thoughts though.
Seems something intelligent wants to let people know something, maybe just a HEY! don't forget about me!

The two I had the other night were really strange though, strong knocks. I've only had them that strong once before, so it makes me think something is up. WIll just have to wait and see what happens.

Maybe it was a reminder to make this thread as I think you suggested elsewhere....

Thanks for posting those experiences!

edit on 20-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yeah, I could probably fill two or three pages with "bang stories".

But, I don't want to hog your thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You know you can!

I hog enough of yours up...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Are they just knocks and bangs, like would loud unexpected noises, sounds like a slam or something dropping, when everyone is asleep, or being very quiet. If the kids are up in the back room, they're scared too. Anyway, that and other things.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Here is another experience I've had with the ghostly banging:

When I was around twenty years old my husband and I were staying at my Mom's one weekend.
One morning after I had just gotten up I walked into the kitchen where my mother was busy doing some chore.

I had just walked in and something started making a very LOUD banging on the wall from the stairs leading down to the basement. This wall was also the kitchen wall.
It was almost like hitting a hammer to the wall, it was so loud!

My mom and I looked at one another unable to move.
It kept banging on the wall, and then the banging moved to the basement door!

Then to the door at the back of the house!
Mom finally went to check the back door, and no one was there. I told her the ghost was telling me hello, letting me know it was still there.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
thier not ghosts, thats just the cover. Hint: show them themselves in your mind and they disappear, but more might return. Flood your house with peppermint/spearemint and ingest and topicaly rub it on yourselves to repel them. Works for me.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow, moving knocks!
That is so weird.

Why do you think they follow you around and say hi like that Sled?
You have a lot of paranormal activity that seems to come around you all the time.

It must be how open you are. I noticed the more I open up, the more it happens, but I always wondered why that is.
If it was just me, then no one else would hear it, but it ends up being everyone stopping and looking around going what the heck?!

Why do you think some people are like that? If it was something that wanted people to know it was there, it would happen regardless of how open someone is, so why more when a person opens themselves up to it?
*ponder*
Makes me feel like a amplifier sometimes.
Like they draw off of an open persons energy to be able to be more physical?!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
thier not ghosts, thats just the cover. Hint: show them themselves in your mind and they disappear, but more might return. Flood your house with peppermint/spearemint and ingest and topicaly rub it on yourselves to repel them. Works for me.

Well, a cover for what?

I don't intend to repel anything unless it is of a negative nature, and even then, depending on what it's purpose is, I would be open to hearing it out at least. Now some people disagree with me, but I have encountered a "demon" once, and it had a role to play, in particular with mental illness....It had a purpose in existing. Much like a job.
Apparently many schizophrenics deal with this being on a regular basis, although it does not reveal itself to them as such a being.

At least that was one of the messages I got from the experience.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Spearmint and peppermint would really bother me, sort of sensitive to it. Well became very ill shortly after drinking one of them as a tea, and nearly died from an intense flu. It could have been a coincidence, but won't go near those except when they're embedded in tooth paste for some reason that is OK.

However, with spiritual issues, was quite surprised to find someone who called this, the law of non resistance, and while I don't believe in any of the universal laws they put out there save, affinity to a certain extent, though rescues and interventions happen and HS is really in control, its not all just a match, or no one would ever be woken up in the midst of troubles or rock bottom, and turn their lives around. Its just a tool for examining and trying to make positive change, ie. weed out 3 negatives in your life and input 3 positives, and be honest, improve relationships and you'll notice change, choose happiness and you'll notice change.

But this one, is more akin to not overtly forcing their removal, though one can also bathe in salt water, seasalt, which ionizes our aura and strengthens it (and its often under attack with holes and even little astral mites and feeders). But instead, one is Love. One can even say, I don't believe in coincidences, which means you are someone I may be here to help, and try to assist them into choosing happiness, Family back home and to either entering into the light or going to a place of healing inbetween. Thats what I would do.

I also believe that things do attempt to blend into your aura, they access and attempt to access the vault so to speak and the energy systems, of the body.

Learning energy healing and cleansing, smoothing and strengthening our auras are very important.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

As I said in another thread,I have experienced different paranormal activities...but I also know from other people about their experiences.

This in particular,happened to me back in 2007,while I was at the sea side(Black Sea),in Mamaia with my ex girlfriend. I don't know if it qualifies as a "ghost knocking" since the person wasn't dead yet.
We were sleeping,and I had a weird dream: I was in a bus with my grandfather and a neighbour who was a good friend with my grandfather. And they were talking something,but I never understood what...
After some time,the bus stopped in a station...and my grandfather asked me if I'm going with them,and I answered that "this is my stop,I have something to do"...and I left the bus...and the bus continued the road.
Then I woke up because my girlfriend screamed...I was really sleepy,and I asked her what happened...and she said that she heard a hard knock on the wall(we were on 3rd floor in a hotel,the knock was on the exterior wall,what the hell?)...
Next morning my mother called to tell me that my grandfather died in that morning,around 10am..the dream I had was around 2am.
After a month,the neighbour died. And after exactly a year(same date,6 august as my grandfather) I almost had an accident.I was in a trip with some friends...and when we were going back home,at 5am in the morning on the highway "Bucuresti-Pitesti",we were driving at about 180km/h,and suddenly a car was in contrary sense with us...if we keeped driving he would have hit us...we tried to make a left and drive on the left side of the road,but a truck was comming fast...so our driver made a sudden right and we ended on a field(we also had luck,because we crossed between two trees). I instantly reminded about that dream and the knocking a year back...

I don't know what to think about this,but I believe I was given a choice and I chose to stay...

edit on 21-7-2013 by exodus27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by exodus27

Yeah that's a knocking of some kind.
The important thing it seems with a lot of them is what occurs afterwards.

They seem to be warnings/signs sometimes.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Yeah that's a knocking of some kind.
The important thing it seems with a lot of them is what occurs afterwards.

They seem to be warnings/signs sometimes.

Yeah...but my own experience made me believe in second chances.

This story I know from a friend:
His uncle moved in an appartment in Bucharest,where someone died because of a fire. Everything was ok,until a couple weeks later,when his wife heard someone knocking on the outside door,but nobody was there. After a couple of days,they found hand marks on the light switch in the kitchen...and around it,and when they cleaned them,they figured out it was ashes.
And this one made them move out of the house. After another couple of days,in the middle of the night,they smelled gas,coming from the kitchen...the gas stove was turned on...and in that night they saw again the hand marks...
edit on 21-7-2013 by exodus27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yikes, a lost/confused/mischievous spirit?

They think it turned on the gas?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes,that's why they moved out(the wife insisted).I talked with his uncle in one occasion,and he said he doesn't think it was a ghost,but he can't explain the marks,the knock or the gas stove incident(it was turned on at maximum,but no fire,just gas). And while we were talking his wife said she thinks that the person who died there didn't want them to live in his house.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join