It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with Spirit / Ghost Knocks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

This was what started the entire painting threads/experience I went through.
And it is partly how I got my current job after the experience.
I was paid by spirit through a job after going through and experiencing NorEaster's "knocker" who was a friend of his that had died a few years beforehand.
You can read his experience with the knocks here:
Either Paranormal or Something Worse....,
Ok, so maybe now I need a medium?

I had no idea what I was walking into until I answered his thread on needing a medium and opened a connection.
My experience with his knocker started a few weeks before when I started my painting.

Thanks for the link. I can't wait to read it when I have more time.

And in response to Scribe's post, and your video...
My mother used to listen to Jim Reeves ALL the time when I was growing up. He was her favorite singer of all time.
He does have a beautiful, smooth voice. He was one of the few country singers I could listen to that didn't send me running into another room.
I didn't care for country music at all. I was more into rock and heavy metal.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That's ok Sled.

You take care of what you gotta take care of

Yeah, I was much more a rocker,

but some of the older tunes have a lot of meaning and memories

edit on 23-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Sorry for the delay in responding. They didn't do anything outwardly\directly to make the activity stop.
The activity diminished and then seemed to stop completely.
This is just speculation on my part, but I think that the poltergeist or whatever it was became agitated for some reason, and then settled down. (or departed) I really wish I knew. The whole thing is such a mystery.

It really opened my eyes to how these things are viewed by different people. I brought a friend to their house because he maintained that we were all just goofy, that there was nothing paranormal happening. He sat down in a chair in the living room and said something like "I'm here, do something!" A lamp sitting on an end table near him began to flicker, then it glowed very brightly. I thought for sure the bulb would burn out. It would get very bright, then dim. My friend then asked, "Is that all your gonna do?" A second later, there was a LOUD rap in the kitchen. I think he had his mind blown to the point that he just couldn't handle it. He just wouldn't talk about it.

There was a period where the activity was nearly constant. Again, I don't know what made it stop.
I think about it all the time. I wish I had some answers!

This too is total speculation on my part...I have a feeling that these entities aren't 'ghosts' (ie..the spirits of dead people), but something else. People seem to always think these entities are the "spirits" of people who have passed on.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Depending on circumstances, there seem to be several reasons for these knocks, and depending on a persons belief system, it will be how their mind rationalizes it, but in the end, we just don't seem to know enough to say either way, what most of these things are.

I have had some experience with people who have crossed over, so I know they do come back once and a while, but with the knocks so far, I have not been able to open connections with whatever it is here at least. With Sled and Noreaster, I was able to open a connection and got some information, one was for me, one was a friend of noreaster's who was responsible for the knocks.So sometimes they are people who pop back for reasons, but unless someone is in my mind seeing these things it is understandable that there are doubts on what they are.

In Sled's case, when I opened a connection I saw one of my old friends from years ago who was murdered a few nights before, didn't know that until later on in the day when I was told what happened. But that wasn't a knock, that was a penny dinging her in the head.

It happens, people do come back, but that might not be the case in many cases.
Thanks for the response!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by Darkblade71

In Sled's case, when I opened a connection I saw one of my old friends from years ago who was murdered a few nights before, didn't know that until later on in the day when I was told what happened. But that wasn't a knock, that was a penny dinging her in the head.

That's funny how you worded that.

Here is the thread on the penny-throwing spirit, if you want to read it. Darkblade makes the connection to his friend in the thread too:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My friend who lives in the haunted house took some photos one night and captured this. It's very grainy, so we don't know if it's just a 'trick of the light', or an actual pic of the being. He was hearing noises... scratching on the window, followed by knocking on the house. He went outside and took some pics without the flash. It was around 4 AM. This pic is the entryway\kitchen window.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Well...it's true..

Just be glad it wasn't a quarter or half dollar...lol

Although a couple of those and you might make some spirit cash

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That is a weird picture!

Hard to say either way, but if something was out there and that's what popped up, then...something was probably out there and caught on camera.

When I first started to have spirits coming through my apartment I caught some pics with orbs. One where my daughter stood in the hallway and I asked whatever was there to not show up, and then to show up, and I caught an orb in the photo where I asked it to appear...so hard to doubt in my mind anyways. Photos can show some strange stuff. I didn't have any knocking then, just had that weird feeling and knew something was around. This building I think has some sort of portal in it somewhere. That is part of what makes me wonder about the knocks I am getting lately. Although not since the hard ones on my table. My boss and I were talking about it the other day, and she has had knocks too, her whole life. She thinks it is a portal, as in a person who draws them out in her family, most likely her I think as she has had it happen since she was little, I suppose I could be the same way as I can at times open connections.
Never was sure how that worked exactly.

Anyways, cool picture!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Thank you so much for posting this, OP. I mean, I've been reading about this kind of thing my entire life but had never experienced anything predominantly strange, until last night. So I went looking for some answers and had to share.

I was at a friend's house with a few other people, we had been having a few drinks and just hanging out and it was past 2am. Throughout the night, when we had been in the bedroom, a few of us had heard random knocks on the wall behind the bed (with the kitchen on the other side), but I just dismissed them as somebody else mucking around. So I was lying on my friend's bed with two other people when we heard a few loud knocks behind us. I asked my friend who was standing in the doorway, "Who is in the kitchen?" and she said "No one." I double checked - it was just us four and the host who was sitting just outside the bedroom in the main area playing video games. So we kept knocking to test it out - if we knocked three times, it would respond with three knocks; if we knocked 5 or 6 times, it would respond straight away with the same amount. I went into the kitchen to have a look and I could hear my friends muffled knocking on the other side, but nothing clear on my side - the knocks it was making were loud as if they were coming from inside the bedroom. Also, the sound of the knocks were moving - they started out behind the bed and slowly moved up the wall, almost to the ceiling, and then moved behind the wardrobe on the wall to the right. It was really strange - we didn't ask it any questions to respond to but it would respond to our rapping with its own. Our host seemed disinterested and later mentioned that sometimes he would hear footsteps on the floor when he was downstairs and random knocking which he would try to ignore..
I got the feeling that whatever this thing was just wanted to interact with us, I didn't feel any kind of malicious presence, or any presence at all for that matter..

I thought I would share as I have read of spirits randomly knocking, or knocking in response to questions but had never really heard of ghosts knocking in response to knocking.. It seemed playful. I guess it just wanted to communicate as we were all hanging out and being a bit loud, having a good time

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I must iterate before I contribute, two things; that this is my first post, certainly, and that I apologize for otherwise "bumping" a somewhat aged topic--but proceeding to my second iteration, that I have been observing the forums here for quite some time, which, for someone such as myself, is an unusual undertaking, since I typically have no interest in message boards or comments of any kind online, just content, but I feel quite a growing affinity for the community I perceive to be active here at ATS. So, I have been compelled to formally join. Essentially, what you guys discuss quite intrigues me on a fundamental level that I cannot find elsewhere online, so thank-you for the indirect welcome--that magnetic pulse that seems to draw us all here.

My preamble with its many subclauses aside, as I was thinking about how I might begin contributing to the discussions, I noticed this topic, and it is one I was hopeful to initiate had it not already been started. I have encountered spirit knocking several times in my life, and often in positive ways, although once enabled to start a thread, I can discuss my paranormal encounters more exhaustively, as it entails the more negative and unusual of my experiences. But, I have noticed, since perhaps as early as my teenaged years, that whenever I needed to be awoken or reminded of something, and always or only whenever in my room at the time, wherever I'd happened to be living, a disembodied knock would make itself audible, always twice, at precisely the time--hour, minute, whatever--I had mentally considered to "set" my internal alarm to, and regardless of whether I had set an actual alarm clock or temporal reminder.

It sounds maybe ludicrous, but without fail, every time I mentally make a note of wishing to rise at a certain time, or to remember to do something, this mysterious double knock makes its sound resonate in my room. As I said, it is not only when I fall asleep and need to get up, and not only in one home or location, as this phenomenon has been going on everywhere I have stayed and required a "wake-up call" and this paranormal form of such has manifested.

It is never unsettling, and I have come to expect it, though only seem to take note of it once I have been "reminded" (woken up or remembered the task to be remembered). It sounds like a fist rapping the wall or floor in whatever room I am in when it needs to remind me, and it raps the surface twice only. I have tried knocking back or speaking with whatever entity it might be, but it never replies. It also knocks only but always whenever I need to wake up for or remember to do something, at varying times, so never the same time everyday, as my schedule is quite peculiar. I am always overcome with this tranquil fulfillment when I hear it, but it is unusual.

This week, I ended up falling asleep while awaiting the completion of a task downstairs, just some housework that was time-dependent, and I did not have any dream I could recall, and did not set any temporal or physical alarm clock, but as I was roused from my sleep (I otherwise would have forgotten or slept through finishing-up downstairs--I was upstairs in bed), this gentle, reliable double-knock nearby on the floor or wall woke me. I also heard my papers rustling, as though someone was leafing through them--as I was looking across the room at my papers completely untouched. The sound was distinctly coming from that direction.

The papers, coincidentally, were atop a box of my deceased father's belongings, though I did not get a sense that it was his presence, I could not identify it, but this reliable, gentle but firm knocking, woke me up in time to finish my chores without burning the house down or making a mess, and the sound of the papers reminded me I had documents to finish.

I tried knocking back and uttering a thank-you, but nothing replied. This sort of thing seems to follow me and always "help out" in such a way. I never say out loud anything like, "Universe, please wake me up for this important event or task" or anything similar, I just casually think it before napping or doing something else, and without delay, this double-knock, wherever I am, is heard, and I am reminded. It is very calming, and so gentle but just firm enough to wake me or get my attention, even if I have headphones on.

This post is quite long, but I hope it can engage the others interested in this topic of spirit knocking to voice whether they have a similar style of knocking that actually helps them as mine does?

All apologies for my verbosity, and I am quite elated to be able to contribute, and look forward to starting some threads about my own experiences which have more complex import and unease.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquilifer

Wow!
Thanks for the first hand account of knocking!

I have had a voice that has woken me up like that if I am going to miss something important or over sleep.

I have not had any knocks around my apartment for a while now, everything has quieted down, however, spring is here and the construction will soon start up again on my building, and I am willing to bet, the knocks will start up again too.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

I can't seem to get replies to the knocks when I get them.

I get two or three hard knocks on something like a table, and then it just goes quiet. I figure whatever it is just wants us to know it is stopping by. The apartment complex I work and live in is fairly good sized so I think the things that roam around tend to roam around a lot.

I consider it a visit when I get the knocks here.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

My paranormal "wake-up caller" seems to be with me wherever I am, regardless of season or area--whether in a massive, major global urban centre, or the countryside, in Winter as in Spring, and time in between.

Like you, though, the knocks I try to offer back never get "replies". It's almost like the spirit stops by just long enough to be like, "'Sup? Get up." and leaves. It also reminds me of tasks when I'm awake.

The recent accompanying rustling of my papers once it woke me (and the papers were not at all moving as I looked at them, when the noise of their shuffling prominently emanated therefrom) was a new addition to the "ritual".

I recently obtained my deceased father's belongings, on the boxes of which these sounds of rustling papers made their noise known, but this "knocker" has been with me long before recently. It didn't seem like my father's presence.

I've tried telling it to knock back, as well as tried actually knocking in a controlled pattern, but it never "replies". Maybe it was on its way to wake you? Ha.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Aquilifer because: Typographical error--corrected.

edit on 11-4-2014 by Aquilifer because: Removed an extraneous detail; corrected a typographical error.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There is a very positive spirit attached to me. At one point back in 2008/2009 it was important for her to let me know she is there, a sentient being. She did this by interacting with others. Our family had a very busy string of paranormal activity in our home for about a month before it began to taper off.
One way was by wall knocking.

Me and the Mrs. said our "Good nighs" and got comfortable for sleep and a moment later there were 5 rapid hard knocks on the sheet rock wall just above our head. Another time was 5 rapid knocks on the door or wall across the bedroom. Urgent sounding hard rapid knocks.

I am quite sure it was another way of saying "I am here!"

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just thinking of the time a ghost was knocking at my door. It sounded like a young woman knocking and saying "Scott! Scott! I need your help!" and I said "what's going on?" and it felt like I was pinned down to my bed. With a feeling of a ghost like presence in the room. I was in my own bed and the feeling of a spooky ghost presence made it feel like a dream. But a photorealistic one at that. Then I told her I couldn't get out of my bed and she started sounding mischievous. Then I heard her say something in my office. I'm still in bed. Then I hear her say something from my kitchen. Still sounding mischievous and rather spooky. I felt like a coward for not helping her but I felt pinned to my bed.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My friend came over a few months ago and made me some dowsing rods out of coat hangers. I wanted to see if I had any ley lined under my house. She said they were also good to use to find where portals, or high EMF might be located.
I had been having some ghostly activity at the time; nothing really scary, but I knew someone was here, and I told her who I thought it was.

She walked around the living room and as she walked to the corner the rods crossed. She said, "If that's you, _______, can you knock on the wall?"

And he did.

Very loud!

Twice!

My friend said thank you, looked at me with a WTH expression, and slowly came back and sat on the sofa beside me.

LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Have experienced this a couple of times, did not like it.

1st time at a family reunion using an upstairs bathroom, nobody else around, very creaky wood floors; was about to leave the bathroom and 3 very loud knocks on the door, I swung it open, noone there. Still to this day will not use that bathroom anymore.

2nd time, on the roof of a house I was renting. Sounded like a parachuter landed on it; my sensor lights came on. Then 3 knocks. It was just me and my dog. Needless to say I didn't sleep at all that night, the dog didn't either.

The same house with the roof noise had an alarm system that I never activated. One night at about 2:30 in the morning the alarm just started blaring. Ironically the control panel never even lit up. It was so loud, an officer arrived at my house, and the good man actually climbed under my deck to try to shut it off, it wasn't connected at all. We just stood there like now what; it sounded for at least a half hour then just stopped.

Cops have had to deal with my many electrical problems in the past, God Bless em

Thank god I haven't heard any knocks in years, but the electrical interferences continue, car alarms, garage door openers, toasters, DVDs players, clocks, tvs.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
To me, the problem is in the limitation. Why is there a limitation to kinetic effects?
If something can be thrown, opened, moved, pushed over or knocked-on. why not go further?
Why are most EVP's single words. Why not a sentence once in a while...

If a spirit wanted to be noticed, why not assemble an obvious communication? Paint a sign, arrange some objects into an unmistakable pattern....

I do not doubt that there is something going on here, and I have experienced some weird things like this myself, but the question remains... Why the limitation?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My experiences with Spirit knocking was very scary because I had no idea what was going on. Seven years later I ended up leaving this property in Phoenix, AZ because I could no longer deal with all the paranormal activity.

So the window knocking story is pretty weird more so than scary. It was Sunday at my house. I come from a very christian household. You have to get up and go to church. We were in the middle of a busy Sunday morning . My mom was cooking food I was getting dressed. Everyone else was running around trying to get ready. When we heard a loud bang in the 1st living room. We had two living room. Mind you this is the living room everyone avoided, Why who knows.

Everyone stopped. We all went to the living room to see what happened so we were all gathered there when we heard a boom at the first bedroom. It was systematic we had a three bedroom a bathroom and a sliding door, They were all banged on. There was no person outside as we kept following the bangs and it was loud like we thought if the hit the window panes any harder they would break. My dad told us to stay put and he checked the whole property there were no marks no footprints nothing . You best be believing we all went to church that day no way anyone was staying .

My dad chalked it up to people being racist because we were the only latino family on the block. I don't think so papa. I learned all my neighbors were really nice and most didn't care that we were latino as long as we didn't bother them.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knives4eyes
Spirits, ghosts etc are just a result of temporal overlap, in many cases senses are limited and input from both temporal locations can only be detected in specific ways.

There have been cases where both parties involved in a temporal overlapping have been able to communicate and in rarer instances could interact with each other's realities. In no case that I've looked at have I been able to determine 100% full interaction.

Most hauntings that involve objects or movements are not evil spirits but literally two parties fighting with each other over different timespans in the exact same location.

Interesting posts but what about mediums seeing people ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join