It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
*LOCKED *LOADED *READY

Bring it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Umm what firearm will hit a moving target at 30k feet...??? What's the deal.. Now the little police helo drones ok.

Gs
edit on 21-7-2013 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Big Brother getting nervous? Looks like this town doesnt have people asleep at the wheel

WASHINGTON (AP) — People who fire guns at drones are endangering the public and property and could be prosecuted or fined, the Federal Aviation Administration warned Friday.
The FAA released a statement in response to questions about an ordinance under consideration in the tiny farming community of Deer Trail, Colo., that would encourage hunters to shoot down drones.
The administration reminded the public that it regulates the nation's airspace, including the airspace over cities and towns.

A drone "hit by gunfire could crash, causing damage to persons or property on the ground, or it could collide with other objects in the air," the statement said. "Shooting at an unmanned aircraft could result in criminal or civil liability, just as would firing at a manned airplane."
Under the proposed ordinance, Deer Trail would grant hunting permits to shoot drones.
The permits would cost $25 each.

The town would also encourage drone hunting by awarding $100 to anyone who presents a valid hunting license and identifiable pieces of a drone that has been shot down.

Story
edit on 7/20/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

LOL. This is hysterical! I wonder if they will have open season on corrupt representatives soon cause if they do I'm in! Seriously though! It could be very dangerous to shoot at these things depending on where it is being shot at! I understand the animosity of some of us but taking violent actions will not solve nor change anything for the better but may in fact make things worse! On top of that, it will probably just end up costing more tax dollars!

We need to march peacefully to begin to bring change, gather information against those we suspect of corruption and collusion and when we find the evidence to convict them we spread it over the internet to the rest of the country, along with the DOJ. Only when they ignore the truth will it be time to start to tear this mother down with aggressive tactics! Until this becomes apparent vigilance to spread the truth may be a better weapon then vigilantism, at least for now!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The Sherrif dept in the county in which I grew up would like to deploy drones. Amid some uproar over the plans the Sherrif come up with some policies for there use. The last of these causes/policies was training. This could easily be used as an excuse to fly them anytime "look what we happened to see during a "training" flight" I would imagine that if you knew for sure that one of these things was flying outside of the policies for their use you could shoot one down & get away with it. talameda.patch.com...://alameda.patch.com/groups/poli ce-and-fire/p/sheriff-proposes-rules-for-use-of-drones-in-alameda-c592964b5cche

A little tongue in cheek humor; some posters have expressed concern over safety issues with shooting down these little drones, a part of the local hunter safety course could deal with how to shoot down drnes in a safe manner

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
set up a trap and skeet range, then when ever the drones enter that area, you 'accidentally' miss.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Big Brother getting nervous? Looks like this town doesnt have people asleep at the wheel

WASHINGTON (AP) — People who fire guns at drones are endangering the public and property and could be prosecuted or fined, the Federal Aviation Administration warned Friday.
The FAA released a statement in response to questions about an ordinance under consideration in the tiny farming community of Deer Trail, Colo., that would encourage hunters to shoot down drones.
The administration reminded the public that it regulates the nation's airspace, including the airspace over cities and towns.

A drone "hit by gunfire could crash, causing damage to persons or property on the ground, or it could collide with other objects in the air," the statement said. "Shooting at an unmanned aircraft could result in criminal or civil liability, just as would firing at a manned airplane."
Under the proposed ordinance, Deer Trail would grant hunting permits to shoot drones.

The town would also encourage drone hunting by awarding $100 to anyone who presents a valid hunting license and identifiable pieces of a drone that has been shot down.

Story

Lol...you have to be kidding me. Like these drones will be used in un-populated areas. I guess it's a good idea to fire into the sky in a city? Very Taliban of them. Maybe you get more money if you ululate while shooting at the drone? All you need is some idiot to mistake an experimental home built plane for a drone or some kids radio controlled toy from radio shack to get obliterated. This is the kind of crap that gives gun owners a bad name. If you don't like something, shoot it...... /smacks forehead.
edit on 7/21/2013 by fenson76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I can actually understand this.

Regardless if you agree with drones or not, trying to shoot them out of the sky is frankly stupid.

Say you actually hit the drone and cause it to crash, next thing you know your going to be standing up in court trying to defend yourself for the murder of the 10 orphans who died with the drone you shot down crashed into the orphanage and burnt it to the ground.

So of course the FAA is going to advise against it!

Its a matter of public safety

I pretty much agree with this. However, the same argument could be made for having any vehicles at all in the air. The very fact that they're up there is a risk. The slightest thing that goes wrong might bring one down. Whether it's a drone, a Cessna or a huge passenger jet.

What gives them any right to fly these things over our houses and put us all in danger in the first place?

(Note - This is just my way of being difficult. But it's a fair point, I think)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Imagine the classic Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck cartoon with this new modern spin... "wabbit season... drone season... wabbit season... drone season... bang! Drone season... "

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't recall ever having given the FAA dominion over MY airspace to fly their infernal contraptions, and reserve the right to drop any nefarious machinery flying over my airspace which I deem to be up to no good. End of story - but I don't plan on collecting any bounty on takedowns.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Story

Good. If the government wants to endanger the people by flying objects over our heads and whines about if they get damaged. To bad.

You can't drive an RC car around city streets ( if no one sees someone walking with a controller) and expect someone NOT to run up and smash it. Why. Just because. Its no different then squashing a horse fly.

If you bring those things out into nature and the open air without you physically to be there and be like HEY STOP SHOOTING AT MY TOY. you have absolutely no say at all. Its like a tree falling in the woods and when only one person is there to hear it. And that dude was the guy who pushed over an old dead tree.

If you leave house for sale signs on your yard. You can't trip balls if someone runs over and breaks it in the night. Or carries it away or something. You can't trip balls if a bear rummages through your garbage and you are to passed out to do anything about it. Thats life. You don't try to cage nature or it backfires. Period. You can control your domains. Your buildings. But once you put something outside those walls and there isn't a person physically there to watch it. Its gunna get damaged period.

By people or nature. lol. So what if someone shoots down a drone. I would blame it on * I THOUGHT IT WAS SOME SORT OF ATTACK UNIT TRYING TO KILL ME, I THOUGHT TERRORISTS MADE IT OR SOMETHING BECAUSE IT SCARED THE # OUT OF ME AND TERRORIZED ME* just say stuff like that.

I mean, if they claim terrorism and such, surely you could claim hysteria and kill all the drones you want.
And if someone reaches in your pocket. You don't let it go down without given them a massive headache or Bothering them nonstop till you are broke. If everyone worked this way. They would be to afraid to peek in your window. And rightfully so. They think they can push the bully agenda on another human, When all another human has to do is do it back.... But. Its all just a distraction anyways.

IF all the humans banded together on this planet, We would be an unstopable force. And the new world government is not the way to do this. You need to accept everyone as brothers and sisters. And equals and elivate them to your level not because of respect. But because of POWER. you elivate yourselves and many many others to create a paradrime shift.

WE become a single buzzing colony of self interest. Everyone would be acomplishing great things.
The greed is only implimented because of ET interest in this planet. If humans abanndonded those evil gods. Or communicated with them they need to change their ways. But allas they want us all dead. But maybe humans will realize. But not until we have the capacity to fight back and protect ourselves will the age of brother and sister hood begin.

edit on 21-7-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The FAA does realize that they must be smoking crack to think that a 12-gauge Mossberg, is going to hit an aircraft that flies in the stratosphere, right?

They are just so full of #....How about you take your military operations off of American soil, hmm? Then, us law-abiding American's would feel obligated to shoot down your little toy....

A Mossberg has a generous range of 600 ft, and that is being very generous. How high do these drones fly? A couple of thousand feet up...Defies sooooo much logic and reasoning skills; Aristotle would be ashamed.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is retarded... It takes a grade A sniper equipped with one of the best rifles know to man to hit a target over a mile away. Now, I'm suppose to believe some redneck with his granddads ol'gun is suppose to hit a Drone 2 miles up? Bull#... Just proves lack of education in their community.

Maybe they should start teaching something other than creationism.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by th3onetruth

But what if it lands on Cheney's house?

the shoot down the next one that comes just to make sure...

I think it is safer for the public to shoot them damned things down.

its really not....

once the public start shooting at them the drones are either going to start falling on top of schools, hospitals and peoples homes and then they are going to start arming the drones and then the drones will start shooting back.

probably causing massive "collateral damage" in the process.

shooting at the drones is just pointless.
edit on 20-7-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

uhmm....and why would they be flying over average people's homes and schools?...I thought they were only going to use them for agriculture, BLM forest fires, and border patrol....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn

I was thinking it would sort of be cool to make my own drone to shoot down other drones. A bit of air to air action from the comfort of my lounge room would be awesome.

But then it would only be a matter of time before my drone gets taken out by ground fire during drone season...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

nah....just put some kind of markings on it identifying it as a "anti drone drone"...that might help

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

If they don't want them shot at they should get them out airspace...lol

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

The FAA does realize that they must be smoking crack to think that a 12-gauge Mossberg, is going to hit an aircraft that flies in the stratosphere, right?

They are just so full of #....How about you take your military operations off of American soil, hmm? Then, us law-abiding American's would feel obligated to shoot down your little toy....

A Mossberg has a generous range of 600 ft, and that is being very generous. How high do these drones fly? A couple of thousand feet up...Defies sooooo much logic and reasoning skills; Aristotle would be ashamed.

Oooh! I entirely missed the part about the warning being limited to 12 gauge Mossbergs! I reckon I'm in the clear with a Barrett .50 cal then!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
This is retarded... It takes a grade A sniper equipped with one of the best rifles know to man to hit a target over a mile away. Now, I'm suppose to believe some redneck with his granddads ol'gun is suppose to hit a Drone 2 miles up? Bull#... Just proves lack of education in their community.

Maybe they should start teaching something other than creationism.

I saw a Russian Mi-8 HIP chopper shot down by a 60 year old Afghan using an ancient Enfield .303.

Damned Hill Folk! Someone oughtta tell 'em that can't be done so's they stop doing it!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
When ask, what happened to all the drones? Make them say, we had to stop flying them, they kept getting shot down.

If there's a danger of them hitting a house after getting shot down, here's a novel idea, stop flying them.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Typically I would never post such a short and to the point reply, and I apologize if this constitutes a waste of posting or space as I typically try to make my posts count. But I'm on pain medication for my back right now and am not particularly lucid. And my first and immediate response to this story was simply:

"This can't be my real home planet. It just can't."

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join