Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That's great. You could make a little airfield and set out drone decoys.
Maybe dress up some mannequins in white robes and burkas and have a wedding decoy.
They can't resist those.

Wait, drone emoticon -(-+ :::::::::

edit on 20-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

If you want to lure drones put out a copy of the constitution, a rifle , a thirteen star American flag, and a don't tread on my flag.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

True, that would be a bad thing to have happen and it probably will especially at night. I have many friends who are private pilots, I need to tell them about your thoughts on this as I think it is an important thing to consider.

Seems like negative technology is outsourcing good technology and the results are bound to be bad.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

shooting at the drones is just pointless.

i disagree in a major way. shooting at them sends a powerful message. besides, it's good practice for what may come in the future.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Imagine the poor Ultralight pilot getting lost or hung out toward the end of the day in poor lighting....

Idiot 1: Hey Bubba! I hear me a drone a comin'! Hear dat lawnmower engene theys got?

Idiot 2: Heck ya! It be a comin' right over dem trees! Let 'er rip when you see it and don't hesertate!

Next thing ya know the pilot thinks he's in a time warp back to WW-II Germany or something, taking AA fire.

How many ways can we say bad idea?

you might get an unmanned drone and a manned aircraft mixed up. Most wouldnt.

Really? are you joking? The average American who you see on "man on the street" interviews can be trusted to establish and confirm identity of an aircraft before opening fire on it with live ammunition? Oh lord... I'll just go with the "it's illegal to fire a weapon into the air' part and leave it there.

This whole idea is not just insane, it's a quick trip to a long sentence in a federal prison. Millions of dollars in DHS drone tech WILL be avenged and someone WILL spend a good part of their natural life with NO concerns beyond what the prison is serving for food that day and who is going to be intimate company that night.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wait until some brainiac invents his own homemade Drone Seeking Missile, that'll be fun...lol

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Guess I'd better sight in the ol' rifle.

It's been a while since I've been hunting.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

shooting at the drones is just pointless.

i disagree in a major way. shooting at them sends a powerful message. besides, it's good practice for what may come in the future.

let me know how that works out when drones start crashing into people homes and then the drones start shooting back.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
Wait until some brainiac invents his own homemade Drone Seeking Missile, that'll be fun...lol

All you need is the technology that we use in small home robots.
they can track and follow a object.
put this in a remote plane and UM! you can shoot any thing down.
you can use the small jets to!

if you use a gun! get one of the space blankets and saw como sheets on it.
so they can not see your heat sores.
down use a laser sight as they can tract to the sours.
the police in UK use them to stop kids with lasers from Helo's.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I like the idea of a license to shoot down drones because it sends a message.
"Leave us alone." " Stop Staring - Its rude." and many of the other things you were taught as a child were unacceptable behavior.

Granted most of the time you can't even see a drone much less shoot it down, you would have a better luck jamming its signal and causing it to crash than shooting it out of the sky with a gun.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Drone strikes were halted in November 2011 after NATO forces killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in the Salala incident

wikipedia / salala incident

If they are not safe enough for Pakistan,
they are definitely not safe enough for US airspace.

To hell with drones.

As to the specious reasoning that shooting one down constitutes a threat to civilian facilities...
The day that drone surveillance feeds are the property of the civilians and WE get to
use them to spy on Corporations and Government is the day I will give a care.

Till then,
they should be terminated with extreme prejudice.

By jamming,
flying kites,
or sling shots,
anything.

It is reprehensible all the surveillance in this country,
and NONE of it is used to help the citizens.
The chit is always classified, or need-to-know, so it's a tool of interests, and powerful interests only.

Well I have a powerful interest.

All unmanned cameras should be destroyed.
Weather they are at a traffic intersection,
or flying over my back yard.

Death to the Drones!

Mike

Exactly. Why do we have drones flying over the country? All I have heard is bad things, so can't blame people for wanting to bring them down. I heard one city actually pays you if you can bring in proof that you shot one. Of course that is just hearsay.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Imagine the poor Ultralight pilot getting lost or hung out toward the end of the day in poor lighting....

Idiot 1: Hey Bubba! I hear me a drone a comin'! Hear dat lawnmower engene theys got?

Idiot 2: Heck ya! It be a comin' right over dem trees! Let 'er rip when you see it and don't hesertate!

Next thing ya know the pilot thinks he's in a time warp back to WW-II Germany or something, taking AA fire.

How many ways can we say bad idea?

you might get an unmanned drone and a manned aircraft mixed up. Most wouldnt.

Really? are you joking? The average American who you see on "man on the street" interviews can be trusted to establish and confirm identity of an aircraft before opening fire on it with live ammunition? Oh lord... I'll just go with the "it's illegal to fire a weapon into the air' part and leave it there.

This whole idea is not just insane, it's a quick trip to a long sentence in a federal prison. Millions of dollars in DHS drone tech WILL be avenged and someone WILL spend a good part of their natural life with NO concerns beyond what the prison is serving for food that day and who is going to be intimate company that night.

It's government spying equipment. Ofcourse they are going to tell you not to shoot it down. They will tell you anything they have to they will say it puts peoples lives at risk so that people like you agree and go along with their agenda.

you're not helping against the trap this planet is slipping into

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

If firing live ammunition into the air is helpful, then no, I'm absolutely not going to be helpful in this. It's insane, reckless and criminal. I know it seems like such long odds as to almost be silly to mention but what is fired does land somewhere.

Sheriff: Stray bullet kills Amish teen 1.5 miles away

I don't mean to be harsh, but c'mon, this isn't a game. Real people REALLY DIE when people start shooting in directions they cannot be 100% certain of the end point for. The bullet always goes somewhere .....and anyone who thinks they are such a marksman as to not miss a target, in flight and moving at high speed? Watch World War II video sometime of the Navy guys with the big crew served weapons trying to hit the Japanese pilots buzzing and crashing into their ships.

Those were MUCH MUCH bigger targets, MUCH closer in many cases and with multiple machine guns blazing away. They still missed as much or more than they ever hit.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

like you said, the likelihood of it hitting someone is so small its hardly worth mentioning. It's not like I dont see your point. ofcourse a bullet fired into the air has to come down somewhere. and a UAV has to fall somewhere if shot down. But these things are taking away our freedoms and liberties. I dont want to be watched all the time. I dont want these people making laws and enforcing them like this.

It's a strong principle of mine. And if our principles dont match we probably wont agree but I think these things should be shot down. We should not be giving these leaders any more room to hold us by the short and curlies.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Well, I can't say I don't see your point as well. I certainly do. I think we disagree with method, not result or sentiment behind it. I'm not against making their drone lives real difficult. I'm just very strongly opposed to shooting where one isn't certain of the downrange and likely impact point.

You're very much against being watched, and I do see that point clearly. Unfortunately, they'll see it too as the muzzle flash of the last images to come off the drone ...if by some wild chance someone scores a hit with a bullet. Instead of striking a blow and giving them nothing more to work you over with? You've literally handed them a good part of your life in one of their prisons.
Kinda throwing the baby out with the bathwater, isn't it?

Now, if I were an enterprising person, I might look into lasers that break into the range of literally being destructive in their output power. These guys sell some of the highest output lasers in the world, for the consumer market anyway. Now, I might also look into a long rifle stock. Just the wood stock now, not the hardware. We won't be shooting bullets from this. A British .303 Enfield stock or Springfield A3-03 30-06 would do perfect I'm thinking.

What you want to do is mate a 1,000 yard capable scope to the stock while mounting the laser around where the barrel might normally mount. Align the 3 sections to have the same aim point at a fixed distance you determine. and known marks to adjust to compensate for distance (unless the scope and laser are one unit...they'll always be a bit out of alignment except for one sweet spot for overlap made by the physical mounting and aim point)

Now...You won't kill a child minding his own business when some Bubba's bullet comes tumbling out of the sky to brain the poor lad. What you DO have is a precision instrument with greater range and more destructive potential to unprotected optics than a live firearm would be, short of a "Star Wars" style lucky shot down the precise line of view. Not likely .....but laser? Well...it is what it is and speed is light, right? Rumor has it, It's tricky to get down at first ..but it's an acquired skill. Just like shooting bullets at distance with accuracy.

Don't say I just complain without offering a possible solution!
edit on 23-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The UAV will have to have a transmitter so if you have 3-4 receivers with directional sensors you could plot the location of the UAV and then just page bubba when ones in range with the details and perhaps with some laser sort of sight you could link the two up and it would tell bubba where to aim and when to fire...left a bit...right a bit...now up and fire and you could probably even have it to automatically send off bubba's hunting dog to drag it back

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

If declaring open, armed conflict with the United States Government is the goal ....and shooting down a few million dollars of their property WILL be seen as just that ... wouldn't it be easier and more effective to just shoot the things on the tarmac, wherever they park at night? I mean, you're going to prison for a good part of your life anyway...you might as well go for the gold and get several in a row to make the lost % of your life worth it, right?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Well, I can't say I don't see your point as well. I certainly do. I think we disagree with method, not result or sentiment behind it. I'm not against making their drone lives real difficult. I'm just very strongly opposed to shooting where one isn't certain of the downrange and likely impact point.

You're very much against being watched, and I do see that point clearly. Unfortunately, they'll see it too as the muzzle flash of the last images to come off the drone ...if by some wild chance someone scores a hit with a bullet. Instead of striking a blow and giving them nothing more to work you over with? You've literally handed them a good part of your life in one of their prisons.
Kinda throwing the baby out with the bathwater, isn't it?

Now, if I were an enterprising person, I might look into lasers that break into the range of literally being destructive in their output power. These guys sell some of the highest output lasers in the world, for the consumer market anyway. Now, I might also look into a long rifle stock. Just the wood stock now, not the hardware. We won't be shooting bullets from this. A British .303 Enfield stock or Springfield A3-03 30-06 would do perfect I'm thinking.

What you want to do is mate a 1,000 yard capable scope to the stock while mounting the laser around where the barrel might normally mount. Align the 3 sections to have the same aim point at a fixed distance you determine. and known marks to adjust to compensate for distance (unless the scope and laser are one unit...they'll always be a bit out of alignment except for one sweet spot for overlap made by the physical mounting and aim point)

Now...You won't kill a child minding his own business when some Bubba's bullet comes tumbling out of the sky to brain the poor lad. What you DO have is a precision instrument with greater range and more destructive potential to unprotected optics than a live firearm would be, short of a "Star Wars" style lucky shot down the precise line of view. Not likely .....but laser? Well...it is what it is and speed is light, right? Rumor has it, It's tricky to get down at first ..but it's an acquired skill. Just like shooting bullets at distance with accuracy.

Don't say I just complain without offering a possible solution!
edit on 23-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Agreed. sounds like a much better solution to the problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

let me know how that works out when drones start crashing into people homes and then the drones start shooting back.

let me know how having no freedom works out.

it isn't terribly likely that a drone will crash on someone's house, however it is 100% guaranteed that drones will be armed and used against americans, whether we shoot at them or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

however it is 100% guaranteed that drones will be armed and used against americans

is it?

because i have seen no proof that America is planning on launching hellfire's at you for speeding.

I dont like drones, I think its overkill, but....

Shooting them down is utterly stupid anyone who is caught trying to shoot them down should be locked up and have thier guns taken away for being so reckless and puting others in danger.

that is my view, if you dont like that

tough.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've rethought my position.

I wouldn't shoot one of these goobers out of the air for love nor money. In the first place, I have no idea how to skin one, and in the second I don't know how to cook one, neither.

I'm not gonna say what I WILL do to keep my airspace secure, but it don't involve lasers. Nothing as hi-tech as all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join