It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They need to keep there drones very clear of these people.
www.youtube.com...
They have been practicing

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

its really not....

once the public start shooting at them the drones are either going to start falling on top of schools, hospitals and peoples homes and then they are going to start arming the drones and then the drones will start shooting back.

probably causing massive "collateral damage" in the process.

shooting at the drones is just pointless.
edit on 20-7-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

Then it's up to them not to fly them in the first place if there is the possibility of them being targeted.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
www.youtube.com...

They're shooting into DIRT. No people are in danger, no property is in danger, no equipment is in danger.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Y U no Like drones?

Least we get to see what our money buys, and hell one gets shot down they will just raise our taxes to replace them.

Of course actually shooting one down would be a felony then the DHS in mraps, and SWat bust down your front door and 'arrests' you and takes all your guns and ammo.

I warn against shooting drones too.
edit on 20-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, and then you'd be put on their Terrorist Watch list......

Nothing like being in a 'Virtual Prison'

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ok, no shooting at drones here.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

By that logic, airliners, buses, trains and subways wouldn't be operated either, because they're all targets too.

Look people, the simple fact of it is that unmanned aircraft technology exists, and as with any kind of tech, once the genie's out of the bottle, you can't put him back in. Realistically, a civilian drone is no different from an RC helicopter. Military/government drones are a bit more hazy legally speaking, but they fly well outside the reach of anything short of a surface-to-air missile or anti-aircraft artillery piece, so the public wouldn't be able to shoot those down anyways.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I didnt see it pointed out yet, there was another thread about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I must say this, with the population knowing they are unmanned and seeing their image all over the news....
Someone Will Take A Shot or two....or forty.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wish I had some video editing experience.
I'd love to do a mash up of the drone shoot down scene in the new A-team movie and splice it in with the guy shooting at Steve Martin in the jerk.

"Call off those drones!"
" He's shooting at the cans! Stay away from the cans!"

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What tards want you to believe.

The current reality.

If the powers that be think they are gonna drone up our country
without asking really freakin nice, they got another thing coming.

Mike

edit on 20-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If it's flying during goose season it's going down. I'll just tell the DNR it was a sitting duck so I just had to shoot it. If they don't want their drones shot, make sure that it isn't flying during hunting season.
edit on 20-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Boy, they sure like to use bullets. I could have hit that thing with my double barrel shotgun with Number two shot. I could have probably hit it with my 22 rifle in a couple of shots at that speed. They must have money to burn or just like shooting a lot.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Would they even be able to determine if a crashed drone was shot down? after it hits the ground it`s just going to be a pile of wreakage anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
While i'm certainly no fan of government surveillance (warantless especially) of innocent people i think shooting at these things in almost all cases is highly irresponsible.

Unless you are way out in the woods, where you will probably never see a drone checking out the forest, shooting into the air with no idea where your rounds will be landing is highly dangerous and any responsible firearms owner should know better.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

That is awesome, but talk about expensive!

I might have to build myself something like this to carry my AR if i could be sure i wasn't shooting into a populated area:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

its really not....

once the public start shooting at them the drones are either going to start falling on top of schools, hospitals and peoples homes and then they are going to start arming the drones and then the drones will start shooting back.

Why should a drone fall on a school, or a hospital?

Are you trying to state, that a school or a hospital are a specific target for the government to send drones to?

The idea, by the government, to send drones to watch the public is about as out of this world as it gets. It's a 1984 novel content ... an offence against the freedom of any human being, that it most certainly deserves a hunting season.

Now, if you want to replace your freedom with safety ... then I'm sure you can find yourself a prison somewhere, you can lock yourself in, so you'll be safe.

For the others ... hell, somebody should make a big reward for shooting these things down ... that's a spying apparatus, and since the government views the public to be it's enemy ... well ... you know.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The public need an energy weapon. One microsecond pulse and crashed drone.

It is either that or close air to air combat. Possibly the new computer game for the kids.

P

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

How the hell would you get caught is there that many camera here in the USA already? I mean if you effectively take them out then your getting rid of the evidence as well right? I think so...but watch your neighbors...obama has them watching you!!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
People can build anti drone electronic jamming devices fairly cheap these days.. Cryptome has a document on that with sources to buy hardware and instructions to build working jammers..

Drone Jamming

Since it is totally illegal what our leaders are doing on American soil, it is our duty and right to shoot down these things and even jam military sat coms that are being used to surveil within the USA..
edit on 21-7-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Shoot the drone taking off/landing and it'll be under the 700ft ceiling of controlled airspace. Problem FAA?

/trollface

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

i couldn't agree more...just happen to have a Smith & Wesson .500 magnum
.....bullets look like small ballistic missiles

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join