It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pink Mass' Has Made Westboro Baptist Church Founder's Mom Gay In Afterlife, Satanists Claim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe
My point is, if you're going to take the words of the Bible as the truth, then Satan isn't the guy you should be worried about.

Star.....

David Miscavige agrees..............

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Now WBC are truly a wunch of bankers IMO - hate filled ignorant tossers who would burn in hell for eternity if their god actually existed.

But is that really a reason to be a jerk on a dead woman's grave??

the woman apparently died of throat cancer at age 28 when the head jerk was 5 years old....so it can hardly be her fault!!

www.huffi ngtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Turnabout is fair play...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
Think pink, baby!

As long as that doesn't involve pretending or accepting genders can truly know eachothers version of what pink truly is.

Spiritual warfare such as this seems more like a stalemate.

First there was one truth (of which a child can be seen as evidence) then there came a second now one of the two is closest to truth, one is more right than the other so in the end one is good and the other is bad. It can be presented like something important as the Great Beyond or something simple and innocent as a choice whether to go to a bar on a saturday night or a gay bar on saturday night.

What if that evening that person met another who he or she chose to spend the rest of their life with? If it happened in the first they might have children and they might share their heaven with other people who choose to have children and everything that comes with it. If it happened in the latter then it would look completely different possibly for the entire life time.

The same goes for heaven, I don't view a gaybar as heaven myself or leading to such a place and I don't consider a place full of gaybars as heaven. But not hell either since it's not forced to go there and believe those there are right about their views on love, then it would be to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I imagine they think like I do... yet I don't count "God" out but very unlikely..

They're both morons on the opposite ends of the dogmatic scale....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Not to judge (okay, I lied there) but I would expect that the Westboro folks and the satanists will be bunking together in the afterlife.
edit on 7/19/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: typos

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I posted in the other thread I didn't realize you could have two open at one time, apologies to the OP.

Like I said in the other one I think that it's great that the WBC does what they do. They are so extreme that it turns people off from the message. I mean the Hell's Angels formed a human wall against anti-gay protesters...sure it's probably because of the funerals but still, that's not something you see happen all the time. I would half expect them to be beating us up or something...

Also if the Satanists were going to do this they should have done it to a male relative's grave. I imagine that the head of the WBC would view that as a much more serious thing than a woman being turned lesbian...especially since the bible never really talks about lesbians per say.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Doesn't make these Satanists any better than WBC imho. Now we have 2 groups in the same vein....

Both are disgusting....... maybe we can let them both just dual it out somewhere

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I personally would like to see the Satanic church build a church right next door to the WBC. Now that would be some comedy.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The WBC is certifiable, but acts like this will only fuel their fire. You can't defeat stupidity with stupidity.

If you really want the WBC to go away, then just ignore them. They offend for attention, IMO they shouldn't even get exposure on this site, They don't deserve it.

On the other hand, this pink mass thing is absurd. Thumbs up for the gay rights, thumbs down for satanic homosexualisation of a corpse.

Drugs and cults. Not even once.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe
My point is, if you're going to take the words of the Bible as the truth, then Satan isn't the guy you should be worried about.

edit on 19-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

This is signature material right here!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
I'm amused the concept of Satan still exists in this day and age. I believe the only reason Satan was invented was to blame an outside force to circumvent personal responsibility.

Not to go too far off track here, but the above comment suggests that you understand very little of the concept of Satan.

The whole "The Devil made me do it." excuse doesn't fly in Biblical Christianity; Temptation (which is what Satan provides to mankind in order to affect sinful behavior) does not in any way, shape, or form excuse the sins committed by the person who was tempted to do so.

Therefore, the notion of circumventing personal responsibility is incorrect. If anything, understanding that Satan is capable of tempting someone to engage in a sinful act only heightens the responsibility of the person who gives in to the temptation.

As for the acts mentioned in the OP, It was meaningless and low-brow at best. The WBC has indeed encouraged this type of retaliation with their unbelieveably un-Christlike behavior, but the act was unnecessary, pointless, and in poor taste.

For the record, I do not feel that the WBC is representative of Biblical Christianity any more than those Satanists are.
edit on 7/19/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Seems the best cure for dealing with assholes is to not be one.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have often wondered if Fighting Fire with Fire leaves everyone burned...

Good luck to them I guess but again another age old adage Two wrongs do not make a right...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have an idea, and it may be the fire with fire, but it also may serve to teach and for others to learn. But my idea, would be that when Fred Phelps, the founder of the WBC dies, that everyone so offended, or picketed by this hate group, all show up to picket his funeral, with the same kinds of messages that they themselves promote, except it would be things like: Hate is not a family value. If you are so hating of other people, would Jesus welcome you into Heaven.

Things like that, along with a gay pride parade, and every drag queen all dressed up doing lipsynch, the hells angels and so forth. Think about it, what would effect would that have on the WBC and the Phelps family if that occurred right in their home town, on the day that they would be putting ol Fred into the ground?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I wonder how atheists see this. I'm sure they're delighted that Westboro was attacked, but the Satanists are stressing the afterlife aspect of this.

Does that mean even Satanists don't want to be associated with atheists?

P.s. Does this mean that even Satanists think that "Praying" for the dead can affect their situation in the afterlife? That sounds like they're following inverted Catholicism.
edit on 18-7-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

No, but they believe the WBC does. They didn't do it to affect the mom. It was to piss off the son. Kinda reaching to find that they must believe in an afterlife to have done this.

FYI if i'm right satanism is just a bunch of atheists making fun of christianity. They don't actually believe in the devil. It's just a way to rebel a thumb there noses at the establishment.
edit on 19-7-2013 by artemisminion because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2013 by artemisminion because: spell fix

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Doesn't make these Satanists any better than WBC imho. Now we have 2 groups in the same vein....

Both are disgusting....... maybe we can let them both just dual it out somewhere

Definitely agree they brought them selves down to WBC's level. However, This is as close to justice as anyone will ever get on the WBC.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
The WBC is certifiable, but acts like this will only fuel their fire. You can't defeat stupidity with stupidity.

If you really want the WBC to go away, then just ignore them. They offend for attention, IMO they shouldn't even get exposure on this site, They don't deserve it.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

In other words...

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
A taste of their own medicine, I love it

Somebody should also consume an entire bottle of habanero hot sauce and spray diarrhea all over her tombstone.

The only thing better would be for one of Fred Phelps children or grandchildren to "come out". Wonder how he would deal with that?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

Originally posted by charles1952
I wonder how atheists see this. I'm sure they're delighted that Westboro was attacked, but the Satanists are stressing the afterlife aspect of this.

Does that mean even Satanists don't want to be associated with atheists?

P.s. Does this mean that even Satanists think that "Praying" for the dead can affect their situation in the afterlife? That sounds like they're following inverted Catholicism.
edit on 18-7-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

Meh, I'm atheist and I love satanism, if only for the fact that it ticks religious people off. I love that they turned this dead woman gay. If that dumb church can protest at soldier's funerals, then its about time they've gotten a taste of their own medicine.

Hail Satan!

Yeah, because upsetting people is a really cool thing, right?

Particularly if they have faith in something other than you have faith in (as an atheist that would be faith in the absence of god).

That's extraordinarily childish and ignorant.

Now, in this case specifically.... it is somewhat justified, despite being childish. WBC are scumbags who delight in going around and upsetting other people, just because they see the world differently (hey, the very thing you were just delighting in-- I guess that gives you something in common with WBC. How disgusting and sad for you.) So it's kind of nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

However, I wonder if the people who organized this thought this all the way through, and all the possible implications and effects. This is probably only going to make them feel that they were justified in all their protests, and in railing against everyone and every group in the world, except their own. Reinforce their idea that the world is wicked, and they are pure. Then again, I suppose just about anything could have that effect.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join