It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pink Mass' Has Made Westboro Baptist Church Founder's Mom Gay In Afterlife, Satanists Claim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

'Pink Mass' Has Made Westboro Baptist Church Founder's Mom Gay In Afterlife, Satanists Claim

www.huffi ngtonpost.com

On Sunday, July 14, the Satanic Temple, a New York-based organization that seeks to foster "benevolence and empathy among all people" through Satan, performed a ritual called a "pink mass" at the Mississippi gravesite of Catherine Idalette Johnston, mother of WBC founder Fred Phelps Jr.

The aim? To "turn" the WBC founder's mom gay for all eternity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Now WBC are truly a wunch of bankers IMO - hate filled ignorant tossers who would burn in hell for eternity if their god actually existed.

But is that really a reason to be a jerk on a dead woman's grave??

the woman apparently died of throat cancer at age 28 when the head jerk was 5 years old....so it can hardly be her fault!!

www.huffi ngtonpost.com

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I wonder how atheists see this. I'm sure they're delighted that Westboro was attacked, but the Satanists are stressing the afterlife aspect of this.

Does that mean even Satanists don't want to be associated with atheists?

P.s. Does this mean that even Satanists think that "Praying" for the dead can affect their situation in the afterlife? That sounds like they're following inverted Catholicism.
edit on 18-7-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

AFAIK it is allowed to be in "breaking news" as well as a "subject matter" forum.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

WBC believes in the afterlife, therefore it is an attack on them, and a rather hilarious one. Next level "your mom" jokes. Spiritual warfare, I'm all for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Its in poor taste.
Attacking the dead, it only proves the church of satan are at an equal level to the wbc nutters.
Sad when any one stoops to a level of those they despise.
Sad that the wbc associate themselves with Christ

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I wonder how atheists see this. I'm sure they're delighted that Westboro was attacked, but the Satanists are stressing the afterlife aspect of this.

Does that mean even Satanists don't want to be associated with atheists?

P.s. Does this mean that even Satanists think that "Praying" for the dead can affect their situation in the afterlife? That sounds like they're following inverted Catholicism.
edit on 18-7-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

Meh, I'm atheist and I love satanism, if only for the fact that it ticks religious people off. I love that they turned this dead woman gay. If that dumb church can protest at soldier's funerals, then its about time they've gotten a taste of their own medicine.

Hail Satan!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

That is Hilarious.

How in the Hell do they know what happens in the Afterlife?
Just because there is a ceramony doesn't make it so.

I knew the group was a little crazy in their beliefs, but I didn't realize that they were 5150.

edit on 18-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Now WBC are truly a wunch of bankers IMO - hate filled ignorant tossers who would burn in hell for eternity if their god actually existed.

the woman apparently died of throat cancer at age 28 when the head jerk was 5 years old....so it can hardly be her fault!!

www.huffi ngtonpost.com

Well it is the church of satan. I dont think good intentions is their main practice

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Gads.

The whole world has gone coo-koo for Cocoa Puffs.

Everything that is wrong with the planet today... widespread starvation, an oppressive government in the United States, us potentially ruining the whole globe with climate change... and THIS is what we're expending energy on?

Maybe we do deserve destruction.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

www.huffi ngtonpost.com

Humans and their ancestor worship.

Honestly, I doubt that she really cares. And I am not sure why anyone else would, outside of the superstitious who see value in their familial meatsacks.

Once you die, thats it. The body is no more use for anything other than food or fertilizer (and neither are appetizing, to be honest).

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
WBC is about the closest thing/concept to "satan" as I can think of. Some of their "protests" are laughable if it weren't for the mental anguish they cause to victims of bad events.

I'm amused the concept of Satan still exists in this day and age. I believe the only reason Satan was invented was to blame an outside force to circumvent personal responsibility.

Spiritual warfare such as this seems more like a stalemate. Not to mention pretty useless besides dividing humanity that much more.

The whole situation is like throwing gas on a bonfire. Neither side is going to win, so why bother keeping up old hatreds and passing them down for future generations to deal with or to continue practicing?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

K.

First we dont know if "God" exists per-say. He definitely exists in some form or another for 7/8 of the World....

So lets not crap on peoples beliefs cause you cant really be angry at these people, when you throw out everyone else's belief system.

Its kind of Hypocritical.

Just saying Aloysius......

edit on 19-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's all a bunch of hooey but WBC has been begging for this type of absurd blow back for a long time.
WBC doesn't represent any actual facet of Christianity as far as I can see.
They're about as hateful as any one can be.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Satanism falls in my area of professional tie-ins yet I don't even personally know 12 Satanists and only one of them was even a dude and he is married. To a chick.
edit on 19-7-2013 by intrepid because: Quote T&C violation and reference to it removed.

edit on 19-7-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It's funny since according to some spiritual schools we can/are indeed 'gay' in the "after life", means we can love each gender without borders - in addition to the fact that in the "afterlife" and the lives after that we can actually change genders. The gender only has a meaning in the physical life. A soul might indeed be "gender neutral" and can choose to be female/male as they wish when they are reborn.

Shows the stupidity of the WBC *and* that Satanic cult since they both apply ignorant earthly principles to the afterlife, not sure who of them is actually more stupid.
edit on 19-7-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

As an athiest, i can tell you this brings me great pleasure watching satanists stick WBC a new one. I cant wait to see Phelp's reaction.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
A taste of their own medicine, I love it

Somebody should also consume an entire bottle of habanero hot sauce and spray diarrhea all over her tombstone.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join