It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Perform ‘Gay Ritual’ at Westboro Gravesite

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I about DIED laughing when I read this:

A group of satanists say they’ve given the controversial Westboro Baptist Church a taste of its own medicine, performing a same-sex ritual at the grave of the mother of the church’s founder.
Members of the Satanist Temple performed on Sunday what its spokesman describes as a “pink mass” an admittedly made-up ritual, celebrating gay love, at the grave in Meridian, Miss.
Spokesman Lucien Greaves doffed a headdress made of horns as two male couples, and a female couple recited scripture, lit candles and made out over the grave.
Members then posthumously declared Catherine Johnston, the mother of Westboro’s founder Fred Phelps, a lesbian.

I doubt WBC will make any comment or acknowledge this, but kinda glad someone took the extra step to attempt to zing em.

Satanists: 1 WBC: 0

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That's poetic justice for you.

A bit childish mind you, but the symbolism is great. I wonder if Fred Phelps will get all up in arms over this and put his foot in his mouth again.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
...and this proves what? That these people are just as stupid and inhumane as the Westboro Members?

Stooping down to their level in order to give them a taste of their own medicine is nothing more than blatant ignorance. Everyone should be allowed to mourn in peace, without having to deal with this BS. (EVERYONE! Even those involved with the Westboro Church.)

Praising such an action is just as wrong as the act itself.

[color=FFD859]An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

edit on 7/18/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I have to agree with you. I'm just not sure if this really helps anything. Either way, I hope Phelps is freaking out thinking his mother is a lesbian.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It is funny, If any group had this coming to them it is them.
Yeah a bit silly but it made me smile

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't think stooping down to that level does anything.

I have a girlfriend and it's my opinion that the Westboro church's actions are great for same-sex rights. They are so extreme and hateful that it turns pretty much everyone against their message. I mean sure a lot of it is because of their picketing funerals but still...deep down I think it also makes a lot of people see how vile those extreme views are...and maybe just maybe it changes their own irrational views of hatred if only slightly.

Maybe not.

Either way though I doubt there will be the Hell's Angels forming a human wall against anti-same sex protesters again for a long time.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It is pretty childish, but relatively harmless when compared to the stuff the Westborough Church get up to.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'd say if it makes just one of those incestuous nut cases in Kansas rethink what they've set out to do to other people, then the effort was well worth it.

If nothing else. it is some poetic justice. These don't sound like people I'd get along with any better than the WBC, but they're perfect for each other.
:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
BTW has anyone seen Red State?
The religious nutjob family were based on the Phelps and the trick some dudes pulled on them is amazing, I woulda loved to have done that to the Phelp clan.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think it's totally offensive and goes to prove all the bad things they say about us in the gay community might be true. They're always crapping on that gay people are spawn of the devil, so some dimwits go out and prove them right. Real intelligent move. Not.

Two wrongs have never made a right.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Satanists don't have a moral obligation to "turn the other cheek", so it's really the perfect group to do this.

In their parody they are using the same convoluted "logic" as Westboro (God allowed the Boston bombings because of gay marriage) by saying that because Westboro wanted to troll the funerals of the Boston victims they are going to declare Phelp's mother a lesbian in the afterlife.
If Westboro can claim to know what happens to people in the afterlife based on their mythology, then anyone can do the same about anyone.

Strangely, considering all the religions and individuals Westboro have targeted, I've never seen them target Satanists.

Perhaps telling Satanists that they're going to hell is a bit too obvious, and not very shocking.

But it's never too late to start, and Satanic aesthetics vs. Westboro aesthetics would make for fascinating viewing.

There is perhaps a risk that some religious groups will conflate all gay people with Satanists (although that wouldn't bother me personally, since gays are already the spawn of the devil to some, and haters are going to hate one way or another), but I'm not sure which group would make that accusation to defend Westboro, since it appears that they pretty much blew it with everyone, even other anti-gay religious groups.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

the picture of the two women kissing and the priest holding their heads reminds me of the "now kiss" meme.

makes me chuckle.

edit on 18-7-2013 by subfab because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Childish indeed

Listen up people

Religion doesn't rub off on people

Being gay doesn't rub off on people.

How do people really expect to get along with both sides constantly trying to provoke each other?

Meh
edit on 18-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
OK now that made me laugh. I do not condone their actions mind you but funny is still funny.

If we could get those two groups together on the Springer show (does that still run? Maybe a onetime comeback if not) I would definitely watch. Trash meets trash. Hilarity in the making.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Satanists thought they could perform a ritual to affect a woman for all eternity, who is not the group doing this, and on the duplicate thread, she had throat cancer and died tragically young.

And you score 1 for them.

Its a good thing they have no power over another's soul and that their rituals and magic only affect their own belly button and any foolish enough to believe it, may have a bit voodoo, for this is a thoughtscape. But like all the NDE's who pass on, once they're there they don't want to come back and they know, what earth is about. And no lower frequency dark hat could fool them into believing in their little rituals.

But if they had that power, then what they would have done is worse than 1000 murders and more evil than the so called bullies at that church.

Its not funny desecrating that young woman's grave or targetting her and meaning her harm.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Satanists: 0
WBC: 0

Darwin Award: 2

Fixed it for ya

edit on 18-7-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
...and this proves what? That these people are just as stupid and inhumane as the Westboro Members?

Stooping down to their level in order to give them a taste of their own medicine is nothing more than blatant ignorance. Everyone should be allowed to mourn in peace, without having to deal with this BS. (EVERYONE! Even those involved with the Westboro Church.)

Praising such an action is just as wrong as the act itself.

[color=FFD859]An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

edit on 7/18/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

First it is funny.
Two it is karmatic.

Three that quote from Gandi is total failed logic even if Gandi was a great man. An total eye for an eye that is fair would have evolved humans quickly, to not do small minded things since they had a lot of example that they get what the seed. Instant karma would evolve people fast since it becomes a survival trait to not be small minded. I know it is brutal but it is a very effective motivation. If you hit someone and get a instant hit back with the same pain then you stop hitting others if you are not into S&M.

Four She is probably in a place where she has distanced herself from what she was and can take a joke and is probably laughing her head of if not for the joke then because of the bliss.
edit on 18-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

Yes, their extremists efforts are causing people to unite, but at the same time WBC literally believes in what they're saying.

They're stuck playing this world of pretend where anything they say goes, and they're very gullible like children, often including things into their world of pretend.

So these satanists go and do this, and it's great. WBC is going to rage hard.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
its spokesman describes as a “pink mass” an admittedly made-up ritual,

All religious rituals are just made-up....
edit on 19-7-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I agree - I think they should protest anyway. The gays that is.

Because the Church is trying to say that they are purposefully sinful and they aren't. And that they are on route to to hell.
edit on 19-7-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join