It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Perform ‘Gay Ritual’ at Westboro Gravesite

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
While I don't think this behavior is in any way conductive to peace and friendship or wholesome to society, I couldnt help but laugh when I read the title. If anyone had it coming to them its the Westboro folks. Extremism breeds counter-extremism.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It is not both sides constantly doing it. This is the first time I have ever heard of the Satanists doing this. I personally applaud them for it.

Westboro are a bunch of racist morons, and the God that they pretend to worship will see them burn in hell for conducting their affairs in his name.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Says who?

Were you there when they were made up? Did you make them up?

Please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
Says who?
Were you there when they were made up? Did you make them up?
Please elaborate.

At a point in time there were no current religious rituals. Now there are, so people made those religious rituals up.
edit on 19-7-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I must admit it is funny to think of the look on Fred Phelp's face upon hearing what had happened, especially after performing a ritual and declaring his mother is a lesbian. Maybe any hurt or feelings of invasive intrusion on his part will make him reflect on how he hurts others. I won't hold my breath on that one.

I don't agree with with they did as two wrongs don't make a right but

edit on 19-7-2013 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Frankly I thought that People would be above WBC's antics. It is a bit childish. Also we should respect the dead. We should also respect dead parents even when they or their offspring do stupid things.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'll say the same thing here that I said on the other thread ...

I'm sure it won't effect the mother in the afterlife. As much as I find this funny and can imagine the horror for the founder of the Westboro cult, it's also inappropriate. The woman isn't at fault for the errors of her son. But then again ... maybe she'll be cheering on the satanists in the afterlife because they could teach her son a valuable lesson.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by HomerinNC

That's poetic justice for you.

A bit childish mind you, but the symbolism is great. I wonder if Fred Phelps will get all up in arms over this and put his foot in his mouth again.

~Tenth

Sry about the one liner but

LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I find it disgraceful and indeed distasteful, that the Satanists decided to use Fred Phelps' mother's grave-site as the location of the ritual.

If you have something against someone, why take your anger out on anyone but the individual of which they dislike? Defacing the site of Phelps' mother's grave i find to be morally unjust, as they are using her site as a tool to attack Fred Phelps himself.

I don't like the Westboro Baptist Church as much as the next person, but they should have targeted the church as a whole through other means, instead of performing acts on a deceased person's resting place.

- Daas.
edit on 19-7-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ever watched the movie hills have eyes, and seen what they do. I'm sure she'd be cheering them on, from heaven or something. She would be intervening for the victims working on teams to assist them and take them out of their bodies while they murder them....savvy? Satanists perform the most horrible rituals to people, even cats who have the same emotional centers and are here to progress too.

Nobody is cheering them on from heaven.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I wish they'd gotten video of that. Not the whole making out bit, but just a portion of the ritual so people could bring up a white screen whenever WBC is around and play the video on endless repeat until they go away.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I find it disgraceful and indeed distasteful, that the Satanists decided to use Fred Phelps' mother's grave-site as the location of the ritual.

If you have something against someone, why take your anger out on anyone but the individual of which they dislike? Defacing the site of Phelps' mother's grave i find to be morally unjust, as they are using her site as a tool to attack Fred Phelps himself.

I don't like the Westboro Baptist Church as much as the next person, but they should have targeted the church as a whole through other means, instead of performing acts on a deceased person's resting place.

- Daas.

Dang that's all Westboro ever does is target innocent dead people.

Why not give them a taste of their own medicine..

I never thought I would say this but, way to go you satanist

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

- Daas.

Daas, that's what makes this funny to many here. They DID target the Church as a whole. In a literal sense so ironic as to leave me busting out laughing when I first read this myself.

You see, the Westboro Baptist Church is neither Baptist nor a Church. Oh, they weaseled their way into the legal status somehow, but ask the Baptists if THEY claim those fruit loops and you might get slapped. lol....

They are a blood line family (for the most part) and the incestuous comment was more than sarcastic in my other note. It's got more literal truth that they'd ever stand for DNA tests to show, I'm sure.

So...by doing their happy dance on the grave of the Matriarch of the family, they were attacking the whole structure of the "Church" / Family / freak show.

See the humor and richness of the symbolism now? It's still immature ..but richly deserved too.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I about DIED laughing when I read this:

A group of satanists say they’ve given the controversial Westboro Baptist Church a taste of its own medicine, performing a same-sex ritual at the grave of the mother of the church’s founder.
Members of the Satanist Temple performed on Sunday what its spokesman describes as a “pink mass” an admittedly made-up ritual, celebrating gay love, at the grave in Meridian, Miss.
Spokesman Lucien Greaves doffed a headdress made of horns as two male couples, and a female couple recited scripture, lit candles and made out over the grave.
Members then posthumously declared Catherine Johnston, the mother of Westboro’s founder Fred Phelps, a lesbian.

I doubt WBC will make any comment or acknowledge this, but kinda glad someone took the extra step to attempt to zing em.

Satanists: 1 WBC: 0

God i hope this is true!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This raises some interesting questions.

Should intolerance be appeased and tolerated endlessly?
Isn't that the royal road to fascism?

Isn't there a time to fight fire with equal fire?

Religious groups who say "turn the other cheek" usually do so quite smugly in the belief that their vengeful God will punish their opponents, and of course that their enemies will burn forever in hell.
That's delayed vengeance rather than psychological passivity.

For Gandhi passive resistance was an option because he knew he could shame the increasingly humanitarian values of post-War Britain.
At other points in history passive resistance is suicidal, unless one expects to die.
Passive resistance sure wouldn't have worked with Hitler.

At least LaVeyan Satanism doesn't teach that.
It says that if somebody slaps you on one cheek then slap them back.
For them symbolically cursing an enemy is seen as psychologically healthy.

An eye for an eye means that one should respond in equal measure.
Don't burn down somebody's house because they insulted you.
Just insult them back with equal measure.

Both Satanists and Westboro are minority groups with equal freedom of expression.
Neither care much what others think.

It's high time that somebody fights intolerance with equal measure, or groups similar to Westboro will get the message that they can walk all over other people.
edit on 19-7-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
reply to post by LadyofGlass

Yes, their extremists efforts are causing people to unite, but at the same time WBC literally believes in what they're saying.

They're stuck playing this world of pretend where anything they say goes, and they're very gullible like children, often including things into their world of pretend.

So these satanists go and do this, and it's great. WBC is going to rage hard.

WBC believing what they are preaching.
. WBC is a group off people who are making money in the courts by getting settlement for infringing their civil rights. This is all about Mammon. They want the green and they are getting it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by neo96

It is not both sides constantly doing it. This is the first time I have ever heard of the Satanists doing this. I personally applaud them for it.

Westboro are a bunch of racist morons, and the God that they pretend to worship will see them burn in hell for conducting their affairs in his name.

No god won't because god is not the jackass that the bible describes. People on the level of Jesus and Buddha would never accept god doing that and since god evolved them to be like that those actions is not it's intention.

If ever god became that vengeful god then there really would be a revolution on all levels that are.
. From my point the bible is very blasphemous against god. Humans seem to purposefully misunderstand both the light and the oneness of god and think god is egoistic.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

First it is funny.
Two it is karmatic.

Three that quote from Gandi is total failed logic even if Gandi was a great man. An total eye for an eye that is fair would have evolved humans quickly, to not do small minded things since they had a lot of example that they get what the seed. Instant karma would evolve people fast since it becomes a survival trait to not be small minded. I know it is brutal but it is a very effective motivation. If you hit someone and get a instant hit back with the same pain then you stop hitting others if you are not into S&M.

Four She is probably in a place where she has distanced herself from what she was and can take a joke and is probably laughing her head of if not for the joke then because of the bliss.

• 1. Being funny doesn't make it right.

• 2. "Karmatic" for who? A dead old woman?

• 3. I don't know if Gandhi was a great man or not. I never met the fella.

There was nothing 'Instant' about this act.

Early on, when they began with this crap, they should have either been completely ignored, or there should have been some good ol' fashioned ass kickin' going on. Either way, they would not have continued on with it, and I would know nothing about them.

What did this specific act actually accomplish?
    Not only did this give even more attention to a group of attention whores, but for once, they were even the victims.[align=center]Yeah, that'll teach 'em [color=828282]. . . . ./end sarcasm[/align]

• 4. Illogical and irrelevant fairy tales.

edit on 7/19/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Grimpachi

Springer show is still on, but it woúld be better if they got on the Steve Wilkos show or even jeremy kyle

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:06 PM
    link   
    I get the humor, but at the same time I'm not a fan. This smacks of all the idiots that want someone to get raped in prison after committing a crime.

I think it's important, and even more so when dealing with bigots, to be the bigger person.

I would also think this would be rather insulting to the homosexual community.

Not too hard for those jackasses to turn around and say "See? If you protest us by trying to make people gay, obviously we've been right all along!". Again, I get that it's only meant to insult WBC members, but I think it's sending the wrong message on a few fronts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join