It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race. We must talk about it, but we can't. Help, please?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by frazzle

Actually racism is pretty mild compared to other countries, but one would never realise it till they leave their nation and travel abroad to some third world countries with no legal protection whatsoever. Rwanda, south africa, central america, south america, ethiopia, somalia, balkans, ceylon.

Blacks hating on ther blacks, catholics hating on orthodox christians, muslims hating on jews, hindus hating on budhists, everyone hating on athiests, etc.

Undo posted a video of what was going on in south africa with the apartheid regime. It was so horrible I simply could not watch it.

Did you notice that most of what you referenced was religious sects pitted against other religious sects? That's the only thing that outdoes racism for sheer hatred.

Of course Christians in the west have been pretty much dehorned to the point of meaninglessness. More lip service than service to a god or humanity. But as long as they keep genuflecting to those 501C3s they're heaven bound, heaven being on Wall Street, of course.

Sorry, cynicism overtakes me from time to time.

We may disagree with each other from time to time but you are a deep thinker that likes to put everything into perspective rather than throw a cheesy two liner and get 50 stars. But that is what ATS has turned into...a mainstream site full of shallowness.

I might as well post on yahoo from now on.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Dear Benevolent Heretic,

Thanks for the links. I took the test, then exited when they started asking for demographic data.

I also read the article. It changed my mind considerably. If her's is the pervailing view of race relations and posssible cures and solutions, I think I'll just consider race an insoluble problem and move on.

Just as an example, one tiny point from the article:

One is stereotypical images — misinformation about blacks prevalent in our culture. For example, whites are often surprised to find that a black person has a college degree or is employed as a professional, believing instead that blacks generally are not well educated.

High School diplomas are now largely meaningless. The base is now a Bachelor's degree. The government's deprtment of educational statistics tells us:

From 1980 to 2011, the percentage of 25- to 29-year-olds who had attained a bachelor's degree or higher increased from 25 to 39 percent for Whites, from 12 to 20 percent for Blacks, and from 8 to 13 percent for Hispanics.

From 1995 to 2011, the attainment rate of a master's degree or higher increased for Whites (from 5 to 8 percent), Blacks (from 2 to 4 percent), and Asians/Pacific Islanders (from 11 to 17 percent).

It looks as though Whites are likely to be twice as likely to have either a Bachelor's or Master's degree than Blacks.
nces.ed.gov...

And at the Doctorate level there are 2,325,000 White Doctorates, and 168,000 Black Doctorates. One out of 15 Doctorate holders are Black.
nces.ed.gov...

Whatever the reason, it is not racist stereotyping or misinformation to say that Whites are better educated than Blacks. I can't accept her as my guide.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I took the native race test, it was stupid. According to the test I was "three times as biased associating natives as foreign" or some such nonsense, I forget how it was worded exactly. Considering I am native myself......
Yeah, that test is really accurate

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I WAS WRONG, dagnabit. I read the table wrong and forgot to include other races. Blacks have one Doctorate out of 18.3 in the country, not one out of 16.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

When it comes to racial divide in the inner cities, there are NO jobs. No real programs for Job creation. No companies willing to center their businesses in the inner cities.

The Government has had years to get things right, when it comes down to it. They have failed in every aspect. This Administration especially.

When you consider the number of Minorities that voted for Obama, you would have thought that their best interests were being looked after. Sadly, that's not the case. When you have a President willing to Pander to "Race" by using situations like the Martin Case, or Beergate you have to think of ulterior motives. Ive been blessed with the way I am living. Being a minority, means I get to see the World in a different life. I feel for those who cant break the cycle, or cant get out of the situations they are in.

Putting hope in Politics and certain people to help you, never works. Hard lessons for many Minorities right now. ALL being pushed under the rug.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
implicit.harvard.edu...

I gave up here, I don't get it

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FuZe7
Let me watch the doc again to be sure, but it seems there was little choice. It didn't seem very conducive to creating an independent life.

<< 20  21  22   >>

join