It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accent when you talk. Do you have one?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Aside from saying like a lot and a few other terms associated with"valley girl" I talk the same way you hear most t.v. personalities speak on t.v. So no cool accent here.

Exactly!

Everyone in Arizona sounds like people on TV.

Just regular American English.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have a Northern Irish accent, I used to have a southern Irish accent when i was little but lost it quickly when I started going to school in the north when we moved up here yonks ago. I prefer the Southern Irish accents, wish I still had mine.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Here is my accent.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't in Canada. I've lived all across this country. No accent. I don't know what they would think in Kentucky or Maine though.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I have a very thick Southern drawl that is sort of an amalgam of Texas, Louisiana and Georgia accents. I've traveled all over the US, Canada and Mexico and everywhere I go when people hear me talk they go out of the way to engage me in conversation- they claim just to listen to me talk. I've always been told my accent is awesome!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Accents are fun. Originally, this is what I was told, because you don't notice your accent until you travel or live somewhere else, that it's not quite southern, and not quite New England(NY mostly). Living in the Pacific Northwest* for a while now I probably sound more like this accent-which is known as *General American, California English with some western Canadian English. Minus using common words such a pop.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I guess we all do have an accent upto certain extent. I adjust myself mentally depending on the geographical area and the crowd. I guess its natural?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join