It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Atheism a religion of War?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The problem with it, is that it leaves us really as nothing but "things" or biological machines, which isn't congruent with reality or experience.

YOUR reality. YOUR experience. Both of which are subjective and unreliable as sources of ultimate truth - contrary to what you would have us believe.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

P.S. This is the year 2013. Then again the war on terror is a type of war of ideologies between the Christianized world and the Islamist fundamentalists, and between Judaism and Islam.

PaLEASE tell me you don't really believe this above do you?

I honestly think that it's a play... a show that has been put on kind of like the zimmerman trial. Its a joke 1/2 to think there is a war on terrorism whereas we are fighting the jihadist. Its all political and the Bible speaks of it. Its all about the money honey.

Back on topic:

Atheism is a non belief of deity.

Atheists have no fear to believe. If there were maybe scientific proof they may still be in disbelief because humans are wired in the brain differently.

Speaking of differences.... its meant to be. Why? So we can LEARN how to NOT react when one is noted in the human mind and heart.

There are No Bodies where we are going in the afterlife. No sexual preference, no female, male, white, black... no bodies just personalities.

Carry on my brothers and sisters. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Atheists have no fear to believe. If there were maybe scientific proof they may still be in disbelief because humans are wired in the brain differently.

If there were scientific proof that conclusively determined the existence of the Judaic deity as a ruling divine power, I still wouldn't accept it as my ruler. I would accept it as an existent power, but not my ruler. I don't need a divine ruling entity in my life.
edit on 15-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

We were made to be in partnership with God as the Spirit of Truth and Life, as co-creators.

I see. So you're pushing your own brand of Christianity. Seeing as how you have taken a preexisting brand, changed it to suit your personal views, and passed it along, I don't see how you are any different from the sinners of this world. Those who change the word are subject to its punishment, are they not?

I say this because we are not equal to the god of the bible, nor will we ever be. He is not interested in a partnership, he is interested in a monarchy which has room for only one king...and all of that king's subjects.

The symbiosis or oneness
. AfterInfinity what he says is in the bible but not as outspoken and often misunderstood from my point of view by those of christian faith. To be one with father is not to be the father but to be connected in mutual symbiosis doing something both the human and the "father" wants.

John 10:24-30

New International Version (NIV)

24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

But NewAgeMan. Even if you the faith of Christianety it is not the only source of that symbiosis. Jesus is not the only teacher that have taught here whatever your bible say and there is a lot of teachers alive today.

And to discredit all the others who came to help is not very nice at all when you think of their sacrifice. It was always a team effort but humanity seem to have a problem with that notion that god is fair to all and do not play favorites. That god gave everyone the chance to find their way home and not just Jews or Christians.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Isn't the argument more likely the other way round.......i.e if science could prove that God never existed except in the minds of men.......then most religious people will simply choose to ignore the scientific proof.....and claim that God must exist because the infallible Bible/Quaran/Torah tells them that he does.

This is amply demonstrated by creationists simply ignoring the vast amount of evidence that shows the Earth is much older than 6,000 years.....simply because "The Bible says so".........and to think Sarah Palin was amongst this bunch.....now that's perhaps why some atheists do get vocal about things.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

My point was that the human being isn't a "thing" and it's not just my experience but that of every mystic in human history.

We are a process if anything and an experience, and we are intrinsic to the whole of it all as an expression of cosmic evolutionary history, by intent from a first/last cause or by intelligent design.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

My point was that the human being isn't a "thing" and it's not just my experience but that of every mystic in human history.

We are a process if anything and an experience, and we are intrinsic to the whole of it all as an expression of cosmic evolutionary history, by intent from a first/last cause or by intelligent design.

If I look at a car and say, "That is not a vehicle, it's a piece of art, a symbol of something greater than just metal and plastic," that doesn't stop it from being a car. Regardless of what you want the human condition to be, or what it means to you specifically, that doesn't change the fact that at the most fundamental level, we are made of exactly the same stuff as the dumbest piece of volcanic rock in the bottom of the ocean. Our atoms were forged in the hearts of stars before they were ever pieced together to form the sentient meat sacks we are today. We are things. We are animals. Significant and meaningful is as significant and meaningful does. Your actions are the ONLY thing that gives you any meaning in this life. By itself, your body means nothing. It is a pile of compost waiting to happen.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Akragon

Christians do not make war. None of the Apostles died fighting. Jesus did not die fighting. The men and women who were boiled in oil and burned alive in Nero's garden, did not die fighting.

Cristians dont make war? ever heard of a little saga known as the Crusades?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Not "the truth".

Our being, our consciousness is part of a "tangled hierarchy" such that our own observation and participation is intrinsic to the whole and by whole I mean a non-local, holographic type of phenomenon. In other words mind is not an cannot be just a bottom-up epiphenomenon of matter, because a conscious choice is required to close the wave of probability. This is a proven fact of quantum observation. Therefore we, our true self isn't a "meatbag" and the phenomenon of mind isn't localized to the scull.

edit on 15-7-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable

Cristians dont make war? ever heard of a little saga known as the Crusades?

How long can atheists keep using that..?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Our being, our consciousness is part of a tangled hierarchy such that our own observation and participation is intrinsic to the whole and by whole I mean a non-local, holographic type of phenomenon. In other words mind is not an cannot be just a bottom-up epiphenomenon of matter, because a conscious choice is required to close the wave of probability. This is a proven fact of quantum observation. Therefore we, our true self isn't a "meatbag" and the phenomenon of mind isn't localized to the scull.

Can you transcend the meat bag that is your body? Can you just shed it like a skin and be free from the trappings of this material world, whenever you want?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yes. I can just go to sleep and dream. Happens to me every night and sometime even during the day, if I want.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Uhmm!.....What about the crusades? You saying that Cristians didn't wage war.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yes. I can just go to sleep and dream. Happens to me every night and sometime even during the day, if I want.

Go back and read what I said. I don't think sleep qualifies. I said shed your meat bag of a body, not forget about it. Hell, even in your dreams, you dream that you still have your meat bag body and that it's largely functional...most of the time, anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Atheist versus Religious

Conservative versus Liberal

Republican versus Democrat

Straight versus Gay

Black versus White

Muslim versus Christian (or Jew)

Native versus Immigrant

Is controlling other people and their lifestyle/beliefs/creed so important to you? Or are you content to live/think/worship as you wish and leave the rest of the world to do as they will?

There are people that want you divided. With you hating each other, you can't come together to ask "Why do they want you divided?"

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

If there were scientific proof that conclusively determined the existence of the Judaic deity as a ruling divine power, I still wouldn't accept it as my ruler. I would accept it as an existent power, but not my ruler. I don't need a divine ruling entity in my life.

Judaic?

I never said Judaic.

I know you wouldn't accept a "ruler".

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Isn't the argument more likely the other way round.......i.e if science could prove that God never existed except in the minds of men.......then most religious people will simply choose to ignore the scientific proof.....and claim that God must exist because the infallible Bible/Quaran/Torah tells them that he does.

This is amply demonstrated by creationists simply ignoring the vast amount of evidence that shows the Earth is much older than 6,000 years.....simply because "The Bible says so".........and to think Sarah Palin was amongst this bunch.....now that's perhaps why some atheists do get vocal about things.

I said it like I meant it.

You can turn it around to fit your need and or want, fine by me.

Where does the Bible say the Earth is 6000 years old?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I would hope you wouldn't either. But that's your choice.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

My heart rules me... I confess!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Where does the Bible say the Earth is 6000 years old?

Genealogy from Adam, Noah etc and Old Testament event,s according to creationists puts the age of Earth at about 6,000 years old.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join