It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian street preacher physically attacked by homosexuals (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So much for freedom of expression, I guess.

Now imagine the uproar if a Christian attacked a homosexual standing peacefully with a sign.

P.S - I am not a Christian.

edit on 11-7-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Not sure if that guy was gay or just a ginormous tool.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
(edited) ... Odd... My player froze on the still and wouldn't play the first 2 times.. Audio yes, vid no.. Oh well. Works now.

All things being equal I'd say a preacher at a gay pride event has about as much place for common sense as a PETA member inside a poultry kill plant. It's just one of those mixtures where everyone knows it can't end well...and it sounds like it didn't.

When people go looking for fights..sometimes they find them I suppose.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Why didn't you post an actual video? That's 7 minutes of incoherent rambling with a still image. I had to go youtube the actual video for myself.

Let me just say, disgusting. There was simply no reason to resort to violence. At least the rest of those people jumped in and pulled that fat half naked guy off of him.

Now imagine the uproar if a Christian attacked a homosexual standing peacefully with a sign.

Lol that happens a lot my friend, they don't even have to be holding a sign most of the time.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Why didn't you post an actual video?

The youtube link has been edited.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wouldn't play for me either, just a voice over, but there is a video in the suggestions if you follow that link that seemed to work fine, not sure if it's the same video, but it shows most of the encounter.

When people go looking for fights..sometimes they find them I suppose.

When you go to a "gay pride" event telling people attending to repent or go to hell, you are literally poking the bear.

Don't poke the bear. I don't see that many gay protests outside churches. I don't recall ever once seeing a pastor or preachers funeral being protested.

i'm not condoning it, but you'd have to be stunned to not expect some type of confrontation. As well, you've got a mob, mob mentality is a real thing, people will resort to violence in a crowd faster than they normally would.

Those guys, and possibly that chunky girl, should be brought up on charges.

The youtube link has been edited.

Yeah I noticed, was gonna embed the video I saw but there's no need.
edit on 11-7-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I noticed the guy's sign said absolutely nothing about homosexuality. Also, the foul mouthed blond had a baby there! Un-freaking believable! Sexuality aside, what sort of low class trash acts like that with their child present toward someone who is passively holding a sign? If those people doing the physical and verbal attacking were gay they are a disgrace to all of the good hearted gay folks out there!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Violence is never the answer, yes they went to a Pride parade knowing what they would encounter, it was obviously to prove a point, but that never excuses violence

it disregards what we are trying to fight for (Equality) by resulting in violence, and makes us look as bad as those that attack people for being Gay,

which in regards to your last statement, yes i have been at the receiving end of attacks because my sexuality, in fact i have a whole history of it, and at almost 24 it is still happening,

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Doesn't that qualify as a hate crime?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Doesn't that qualify as a hate crime?

Which part? lol...

The Preacher exercising his first amendment rights or the other citizens showing their non-Government attitude toward how he chose to exercise them?

After all.. The Constitution says the Government shall not infringe or do anything whatsoever to impede our right of speech. It doesn't say every fellow citizen has to have the same attitude of tolerance and patience. This guy was an idiot going to a Gay rally to run them down ..and he found what he was looking for. Trouble. Bunches of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Looks like the is a whole lotta hate on both sides...shame really cause I'm pretty sure that is not what Jesus preached...

I am not sure the fat shirtless man is gay, but he did sucker punch the guy holding the sign and it was caught on tape. There were a bunch of other people but I couldn't tell if they were gay just loud, rude, and obnoxious, which I do not think qualifies for being gay...
edit on 11-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I do agree that it was wrong for the guy to hit the christian. It was a very stupid thing to do for the christian though I mean its like having one Man City fan in the Man Utd area at old trafford ( Manchester United Ground ) He was there just to incite anger and he shouldn't even been there in the first place unless he was also gay

edit on 7/11/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This poor preacher, here he was trying to save peoples souls from being gay and got beat up.

Too bad more people don't mind their own business.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It just shows that other people can't stay out of other peoples business. Even the JW's come and knock on your doors its all mind control. What right has that guy got to judge gay people? Only being that can judge is God we shouldn't judge others and we should concentrate on our own problems not someone else. Jeez this really gets me upset everyone attacking (not physically but mentally) gay people and saying its wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
It just shows that other people can't stay out of other peoples business. Even the JW's come and knock on your doors its all mind control. What right has that guy got to judge gay people? Only being that can judge is God we shouldn't judge others and we should concentrate on our own problems not someone else. Jeez this really gets me upset everyone attacking (not physically but mentally) gay people and saying its wrong.

I agree with you 100% with the only one who says they will judge is god and it is even written we shouldn't judge in the Christian bibles.

But do you think all demonstrating is bad? And anyone with a sign should just mind their own business? If it is also written they should proselytize their message? (albeit doing it rudely as well..)

So which is worse mental attacking or physical? Cause I can ignore an idiot with a sign...
edit on 11-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't approve of any kind of violence I believe that the guy who punched the christian was not gay and was simply there to support a friend or to just get drunk who knows. But the only reason why the christian was there was to provoke them I mean look at his sign. Why would you take a sign like that saying repent or go to hell to a gay parade. Its like having a sign saying your a raciest and wearing that in the wrong neighborhood. I do agree that we should protest but that's taking it too far.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Imagine if a gay person was in a church saying being gay is ok. Do you think they'd care about freedom of expression then?

By the way, these Christians KNEW that the people there were gay or supported gays. Following people around with a sign IN the event while saying being gay isn't ok is called harassing. Even Westboro Baptist Church knows to keep their distance when it comes to their ridiculous protests.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We cannot be certain what preceeded the video in question, the motivation of the camera operator, or indeed the motivation in even going to the event for the preachers involved.

I am a Christian, and in my expirience the best place to be in order to be of the most use to God, is to carry light with you when you walk in darkness, so I am not saying that if a place is one in which Gods word is misunderstood, or ignored, one should just avoid it. I spent waaayyy to many days in the bar for that to wash with me.

But there is a difference between being where you are needed, as an agent of God, and being there as an agent of a politicised organisation which attempts to inflict its problems on everyone else. These so called preachers could have merely attended the festival with the intent of sharing the positive atmosphere, and just being there, should anyone have found themselves needing a spiritual boost, something to make them think, reach thier hearts and souls.

I have lost count of the times where I have been walking in dark places, and had people come to me with questions, problems, needs, sorrows, guilts and fears. When they have asked me for help, I do not quote the Bible at them. I do use information from the Bible, but the best way to access a person, help them when they are really boned, is not to try and recruit them with a Bible study class (I can think of nothing more tedious quite frankly). The best way to help people, is to HELP them, not preach at them, not lambast them, not demean them or thier beliefs, but to actually help them, when they ask for it, and not before.

Any preacher who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. Marching about with a placard, shouting chapter and verse as if fire might start to issue forth from your outstretched hand, staring at people with eyes so wide that they are in danger of decompression... it is all so much flim flam, a sideshow, a gimmick, utilised by those who are so narcissistic as to imagine themselves as a font for all the purifying flame of the Holy Spirit, who believe themselves perfect enough to cast stones at sinners. What they forget is that even the best of us are sinners by the standards of God, of Jesus Christ. What they forget is that they have no place to comment on the actions of others, nor to militate against them, without considering themselves perfect, in direct contravention of GODS word, Jesus's deeds, and flying in the face of the power of the Holy Spirit, not aligned with it.

These preachers were not there to save souls. They were not there to do anything other than make a political point, by showing up with all the bells and whistles, and making a show of attempting to commune with homosexuals, while setting them up to look bad. This is why there is a difference between true faith, and the sort of belief that has a person visit a building on a Sunday, and listen to what some mortal fool says when they are stood behind a lectern.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
This poor preacher, here he was trying to save peoples souls from being gay and got beat up.

Too bad more people don't mind their own business.

funny how they failed to "pray the gay away".

indeed this is like jumping into a civil rights protest in full clan regalia
demanding: "all you n*****, get back to the plantation!"

ROFL
now they can claim being harrassed by "satan's little helpers"
as they pin on their now earned "Persecution" Merit Badges
these clowns got what they came for
and a YT video to boot

don't give them the hits

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Pathetic how anyone could make excuses for these people. Assault is assault. It's against the law. I guess since there might be a few issues I disagree with you on I should be able to sucker punch you in the face too, right? I mean, you were asking for it bringing your views to wherever I happened to be at the time...

The depth of depravity which the PC crowd have sunk to seems to know no end, and is apparently incapable of cognisance of it's own hypocrisy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join