It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian street preacher physically attacked by homosexuals (video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I don't agree with what these "gay pride" parades stand for. I find them annoying. These parades are nothing more than another form of attention seeking. There are many same-sex couples who feel the same way. Many of which want to just love their partners, go to work, pay the bills, and raise their families. These parades make it that much more difficult for them to live their lifestyles without being looked at as weirdos. Fact is, people who participate in these parades are the militant "In your face" crowd who don't nesessarily reflect the average person in the gay community.

@markosity1973
I agree with you totally. It is how one says something which makes a difference. Does this pastor think that by being there he would have changed someone's mind regarding lifestyle? Personally, I think this guy was more concerned about demonstrating to the hetero community than to the gay community; I feel that was a wrong thing to do. He was probibly trying to go for some kind of philisophical martyrdom in a sense. Christians are supposed to do two things: proclaim the gospel, and testify how God has worked in their life. It's not supposed to be about condemning people and chastising them. The pastor was again wrong for doing that. He was acting like a pharesee. Something which Jesus was very much against.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Exactly!!! I DOUBT that at ANY church service, there would be a foul mouthed verbal assault on anyone, much less a DRUNKEN physical assault.. PLEASE!! That is just a ridiculous statement by the other poster.. ridiculous.

Just like HALF of the other comments being made, asserting that "that guy was obviously not gay"... who cares what his sexual orientation was??? Not to mention that by assuming he wasn't YOU my friends are the ones JUDGING folks, and by what measure???? The hypocrisy in these posts defending in one way or another these people's actions, because a protester was "asking for it", is truly disturbing...almost as much as the video itself.

Listen, if we took up signs and STOOD outside Wallstreet holding signs expressing our OPINIONS, would it be fair for them to come out with clubs and beat us senseless??? According to most commenters on this thread... I guess we'd all just have gotten what was coming to us, cause well ya know... you don't go TO Wallstreet to protest what we feel is wrong with our economy, in our opinion... right? We'd just be ASKING for a beating!!!!

FML!!! I swear, the comments I've read so far make absolutely NO SENSE!!!!

edit on 12-7-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by markosity1973

And showing up to a peaceful gay rally looking for trouble is not a hate crime in itself?

By that line of reasoning, is it also a hate crime for people to counter a 'peaceful' Westboro picket?

If the protest is directly against Christianity i.e. the burning of coptic churches in Egypt, then yes it is. If the protest is just a protest against what they are protesting i.e. both sides of this debate arguing, then no. For instance, I don't hate and am not attacking those who oppose my view on this incident, I am speaking my thoughts freely as are those who oppose my view. There is no hatred (not from me anyway) just opposing opinions being aired.

However. those people were there with the clear intent of upsetting an otherwise happy day out; there was no respect for the gay community's plans to have a happy and peaceful gathering. I can think of loads of religion vs whatever examples where the same outcome may occur.

I am interested to note that nobody has made mention that the gay crowd repeatedly tried to stop the shirtless fat guy from attacking the sign holder before it all went pearshaped. And as soon as the brawl erupted people jumped in to break it up and were condemning it.

But hey, we gays are just terrible people that do terrible things.....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

this is a joke, so I hope you have a really great sense of humor, but honestly...Pics or it didn't happen

In all seriousness though, if you posted a video of an incident... you'd get the same replies from the same people saying there IS NO EXCUSE.. regardless of the location... or WHO was doing the assaulting.

It is WRONG what happened in THIS video... and THIS video is the subject of THIS thread!!!! That's what people are talking about here, not someone else being assaulted by someone else on another day.

Not to take away from what you are saying happened to you (I am sorry that you experienced that) but it is STILL no EXCUSE for what happened in this video... NO EXCUSE!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Originally posted by Superhans
Lets get some equality and charge these guys with a hate crime.

And showing up to a peaceful gay rally looking for trouble is not a hate crime in itself?

NO!
You should brush up on your knowledge of the constitution...

But yes, this person who attacked the sign holder is a citizen of his country and is subject to the same laws as everyone else. I am imagining it would be aggravated assault, or assault he would be charged with, depending on the judge's view over the provocation of it.

But if he is charged with a hate crime (as he should be) he would get some extra time.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

you want pictures of the various and multiple assaults that have occurred in my life? listen honey i'm not going to debate my truths

at what point did i excuse the violence? please read all my other post and quote them back, at what point did i excuse or condone this violence?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

NO!

I was not speaking of the constitution but morally there. I am well aware that public space can be freely occupied by anyone peaceable at any time for any peaceful reason and they are free to say what they wish.

Just because the constitution does not say that it was a hate crime, it does not mean that that was not the intention of the christian group however.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I never said you excused anything, I'm simply saying there is NO excuse.
I misjudged your sense of humor and thought I made it clear that I was sincerely sorry for what happened to you.

My comment was made as a humorous comment, It's just the first thing that popped into my mind when I read your post, I SEE that posted so often on this site, that I imagined someone saying it...again I was only joking ....honey

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

NO!

I was not speaking of the constitution but morally there. I am well aware that public space can be freely occupied by anyone peaceable at any time for any peaceful reason and they are free to say what they wish.

I did say that while what he was not doing was right that he did have the right to do it. Gay pride events are not really good for anything but attention whoring but they have the right to do it.

Just because the constitution does not say that it was a hate crime, it does not mean that that was not the intention of the christian group however.

Their intention was to express their opinion, when you attack someone because of their religion that is a hate crime just as if the christian man attacked the gay men for being gay. You are conflating law and morality.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by shell69

you want pictures of the various and multiple assaults that have occurred in my life? listen honey i'm not going to debate my truths

at what point did i excuse the violence? please read all my other post and quote them back, at what point did i excuse or condone this violence?

Number of excuses in this thread:

All things being equal I'd say a preacher at a gay pride event has about as much place for common sense as a PETA member inside a poultry kill plant. It's just one of those mixtures where everyone knows it can't end well...and it sounds like it didn't.

When you go to a "gay pride" event telling people attending to repent or go to hell, you are literally poking the bear. Don't poke the bear. I don't see that many gay protests outside churches. I don't recall ever once seeing a pastor or preachers funeral being protested.

I do agree that it was wrong for the guy to hit the christian. It was a very stupid thing to do for the christian though I mean its like having one Man City fan in the Man Utd area at old trafford ( Manchester United Ground ) He was there just to incite anger and he shouldn't even been there in the first place unless he was also gay

This poor preacher, here he was trying to save peoples souls from being gay and got beat up. Too bad more people don't mind their own business.

Imagine if a gay person was in a church saying being gay is ok. Do you think they'd care about freedom of expression then? By the way, these Christians KNEW that the people there were gay or supported gays. Following people around with a sign IN the event while saying being gay isn't ok is called harassing. Even Westboro Baptist Church knows to keep their distance when it comes to their ridiculous protests.

funny how they failed to "pray the gay away". indeed this is like jumping into a civil rights protest in full clan regalia demanding: "all you n*****, get back to the plantation!" ROFL now they can claim being harrassed by "satan's little helpers" as they pin on their now earned "Persecution" Merit Badges these clowns got what they came for and a YT video to boot don't give them the hits

And now imagine the uproar if a homosexual went to a church service and started handing out safe sex flyers.

The one thing i want to point out is the hypocrisy of people saying 'Don't throw your gay in my face' and you can be gay but 'keep it in your home' well, why do Christians need to go around with signs? you can be Christian but do it in your own home, don't throw your religion in my face see how that sounds?

However I do agree with some of the members here. Throwing a sign in someones face that says 'you're sinning and you're gonna burn for it' is a sure good way to start a fight. I would say all parties involved made wrong choices.

While only one of those statements is yours, I'd say there are plenty of excuses in this thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Their intention was to express their opinion, when you attack someone because of their religion that is a hate crime just as if the christian man attacked the gay men for being gay. You are conflating law and morality.

Twisting my words much?

Of course it is the same in reverse. But we are now heading into one of those chicken and the egg arguments, i.e who started it.

So, let me make my view VERY clear so that it cannot be twisted any more.

If a Christian attacks a homosexual for being gay; It's a hate crime

If a homosexual attacks a Christian for being a Christian, it's still a hate crime

If a person who just happens to be Christian attacks a person who happens to be gay and steals their wallet, that is an assault and a theft.

Have I made my point clear yet?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Sexuality aside, what sort of low class trash acts like that with their child present toward someone who is passively holding a sign? If those people doing the physical and verbal attacking were gay they are a disgrace to all of the good hearted gay folks out there!

The whole thing is a collection of low class trash. Why do the low class religious need to inject their poison into others? They show up with signs and bibles when they should just take care of their own souls by staying home and praying.

As for passively holding a sign, don't you think that this man's plan was to harass others by waving that sign around? And, don't you think that if you're going to wave a sign in the faces of non-intellectuals somebody is bound to get hurt?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
So two guys show up to a piece of public property holding a sign that has nothing to do with homosexuality, which is obvious if one just pauses the video at :55 and reads what it says, only to be attacked by homosexuals and/or their supporters?

Why, it's happening just like Jesus said it would!:

Matthew 10:22(AKJV)
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Those people attacked those two men simply because they came in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. God bless them! I pray they find the strength through the Holy Spirit to realize that they have indeed made their Father in Heaven smile upon them. It truly is the whole duty of man to fear God and keep His commandments.

Acts 5:41(AKJV)
41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

At 2:10, someone asks, "Where are the cops?" Excellent question! At least they finally showed up. Would have served several of those idiots right if he'd smacked them with the stick. Man is a FAR more patient Christian than am I.

I wonder how many of the pro-homosexuals here will chime in and condemn this behavior. I don't think I will hold my breath. I do notice Darth_Prime did condemn this, and that's to be commended. I will do one thing - link your thread up in my signature. This needs to be seen. S&F.

As for those talking about judgment, please read this page, and learn what the Bible actually states. What most think about it isn't accurate.

link

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Don't poke the bear. I don't see that many gay protests outside churches. I don't recall ever once seeing a pastor or preachers funeral being protested.

i'm not condoning it, but you'd have to be stunned to not expect some type of confrontation. As well, you've got a mob, mob mentality is a real thing, people will resort to violence in a crowd faster than they normally would.

Those guys, and possibly that chunky girl, should be brought up on charges.

The youtube link has been edited.

I know of churches being defaced by homosexuals, and even services being disrupted. It happens a lot more than most people realize. The media simply doesn't talk about that.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
The whole thing is a collection of low class trash. Why do the low class religious need to inject their poison into others? They show up with signs and bibles when they should just take care of their own souls by staying home and praying.

As for passively holding a sign, don't you think that this man's plan was to harass others by waving that sign around? And, don't you think that if you're going to wave a sign in the faces of non-intellectuals somebody is bound to get hurt?

Ahh Jigger, thankyou for the putting forward the objectivity of an Atheist.

You have just said what I have been trying to get across all along - provocation is designed to get a reaction. This reaction got out of hand and went places that makes nobody look good, but none of it would have happened if the preacher and his signholder had just stayed at home with a nice cup of tea.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by littled16

Sexuality aside, what sort of low class trash acts like that with their child present toward someone who is passively holding a sign? If those people doing the physical and verbal attacking were gay they are a disgrace to all of the good hearted gay folks out there!

I'm sure you'd feel different if you'd been assaulted for being a heathen. But since the victim is a Christian (which you are on record all over ATS for hating) you make excuses.

This thread is an amazing social experiment. Personally I'm not at all surprised by the results. I am however surprised by who authored it, and the OP has earned a great degree of my respect.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If I showed up to a sports game. A real big game. Went to the other side with the opposing fans and started blurting out how much their team sucked (or held a sign saying this) there is a good chance it could escalate and I could get smacked around.

I could both acknowledge that what they did was wrong (violence) and acknowledge that it was a stupid decision on my part and I should have known better. These are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

If I showed up to a sports game. A real big game. Went to the other side with the opposing fans and started blurting out how much their team sucked (or held a sign saying this) there is a good chance it could escalate and I could get smacked around.

I could both acknowledge that what they did was wrong (violence) and acknowledge that it was a stupid decision on my part and I should have known better. These are not mutually exclusive.

If you rang my door bell when I was in a bad mood there is a good chance it could escalate and go poorly for you.

Does that give me the right to assault you? No. Quit white washing the issue. Either you agree with the law or you do not. If you don't, fine. Subject yourself to the same standards. If you do, Quit making excuses for what is clearly a gross violation of the law (and a hate crime by all accounts).

PS: Still waiting for you to produce a thread where I commented on issues of homosexuality.
edit on 12-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Does that give me the right to assault you? No. Quit white washing the issue.

Good lord. I have literally directly said in multiple posts quite clearly I am against violence and do not condone the violence conducted in the OP video. You're being ridiculous.

If you rang my door bell when I was in a bad mood there is a good chance it could escalate and go poorly for you.

Alluding to being violent.

So who here is condoning being violent exactly?

edit on 12-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

no offense taken, but i don't joke about my past or present,

at what point was that an excuse? you managed to quote the one example i was making a point, but not utilizing it as an excuse, i have said multiple times i don't condone any violence

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join