It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Christian street preacher physically attacked by homosexuals (video)

page: 2
10
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow...unbelievable! This is a hate crime and they should be prosecuted for it. The guy holding the sign was peaceful and did not deserve this. His sign didn't even have anything derogatory against homosexuals written on it. No excuses for their behavior.

I hope the guy presses charges to the extent of the law. Violence is not the answer and had this been a gay man and a bunch of skinheads there would parades down the road demanding justice.... but hey it's just a Christian who the hell cares about them.

Good thing this was caught on video.




posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Now imagine the uproar if a Christian attacked a homosexual standing peacefully with a sign.


And now imagine the uproar if a homosexual went to a church service and started handing out safe sex flyers.

The person was there provoking. He got attacked. It is not the most enlightened thing for either party to do, but stuff happens when you try and push people's buttons.



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Now imagine the uproar if a Christian attacked a homosexual standing peacefully with a sign.


And now imagine the uproar if a homosexual went to a church service and started handing out safe sex flyers.

The person was there provoking. He got attacked. It is not the most enlightened thing for either party to do, but stuff happens when you try and push people's buttons.


LMAO...

Do you even listen to yourself? There would be no uproar. Depending on the church, the individual would be asked to leave or possibly welcomed. Not lynched. Your double standards are glaringly apparent.



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

LMAO...

Do you even listen to yourself? There would be no uproar. Depending on the church, the individual would be asked to leave or possibly welcomed. Not lynched. Your double standards are glaringly apparent.


And every single Christian is enlightened and peaceful when provoked
Ever heard of the crusades in the middle ages, when Christians brought war to the Muslim people over Jerusalem?

Then there are the tools like the Westboro Baptists.....


edit on 11-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

LMAO...

Do you even listen to yourself? There would be no uproar. Depending on the church, the individual would be asked to leave or possibly welcomed. Not lynched. Your double standards are glaringly apparent.


And every single Christian is enlightened and peaceful when provoked
Ever heard of the crusades in the middle ages, when Christians brought war to the Muslim people over Jerusalem?

Then there are the tools like the Westboro Baptists.....


edit on 11-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)


The crusades happened hundreds and hundreds of years ago. I am sick and tired of uneducated people using the crusades as an example of Christian brutality when they know absolutely nothing about the history leading up to them. Secondly, as much as I detest the westboro baptists and their conduct, they do not violently assault the people they disagree with. While I find their message deplorable, I stand by their right to deliver it in a somewhat free country without being physically assaulted. If we allow one group to assemble freely, but not another, we are headed down a very slippery slope to tyranny.

None of your excuses make good arguments for why the behavior portrayed in the video should be deemed acceptable. If you believe it should be legal to lynch people based on their beliefs perhaps you should move to pakistan, where you could throw real rocks at christians freely?
edit on 11-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

None of your excuses make good arguments for why the behavior portrayed in the video should be deemed acceptable. If you believe it should be legal to lynch people based on their beliefs perhaps you should move to pakistan.


I hear Pakistan is beautiful at this time of the year....


The point I am trying to make is;

*If you act in a way that is designed to provoke people, then you cannot claim 100% innocence. The reverse side of that sign said "Repent or else" with flames all over it. The obvious and not so obvious messages of it are aimed squarely at the people he was protesting.

*There was a lot of shoving and pushing by a girl who was no doubt accompanying the protestor.

*The person who attacked the sign holder is subject to the same laws as everyone else and I did state;

It is not the most enlightened thing for either party to do


*A simple fact of human behaviour is that if you provoke a person enough, they will eventually react. This person may (okay did) over react when attacking the sign holder, and should / will face the consequences but at the end of the day, every action will get some sort of reaction. And when it comes to human behaviour, newtons law of the it being equal does not apply.
edit on 11-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Sometimes I really wonder when will the so called Christians ever get it right. Scripture does not say that a person that is homosexual will be sent to hell for homosexuality. However the homosexual will be sent to hell because he broke God's law. If your unsure what that is, they is the ten commandments and not ten suggestions.

Everyone is guilty of breaking the law and all are headed for hell for that reason not because they are homosexual. I did not make the law nor did I make the punishment for breaking the law, it just is. Doesn't matter if you like it or not go argue with the law giver if you want it changed.

Holding a sign with the intent of saying that if a person is homosexual they are going to hell because of it needs to read the book again. If you say people can't judge others, they sure can but only in righteousness, please refer to God's law for righteous guide lines. Outside of that you are not allowed to judge. The same applies to mans courts, he is allowed to judge according to his laws and not outside of it.

If the person wants to get his message across he needs to present it in a proper manor. Scripture says; be wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove. He may have been gentle (non-combative) but wisdom seems to be lacking.

Just my $.02



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The one thing i want to point out is the hypocrisy of people saying 'Don't throw your gay in my face' and you can be gay but 'keep it in your home'

well, why do Christians need to go around with signs? you can be Christian but do it in your own home, don't throw your religion in my face

see how that sounds?

it should never have resulted in violence, and i am not condoning that behavior, i just wanted to point out the hypocrisy



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
The one thing i want to point out is the hypocrisy of people saying 'Don't throw your gay in my face' and you can be gay but 'keep it in your home'

well, why do Christians need to go around with signs? you can be Christian but do it in your own home, don't throw your religion in my face

see how that sounds?

it should never have resulted in violence, and i am not condoning that behavior, i just wanted to point out the hypocrisy


Who said that? Just curious.

People should be able to assemble freely and peacefully regardless of their beliefs. I may think neo-nazi's are scum bags but I support their right to hold up a sign and assemble peacefully. If they step out of line like these punks did, well then that's another matter.



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



Who said that? Just curious.


Are you serious?

On ATS alone you will see it in every single thread related to homosexuality......



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



Who said that? Just curious.


Are you serious?

On ATS alone you will see it in every single thread related to homosexuality......


I certainly see a lot of threads saying "don't throw your jesus in my face", but I have yet to see one saying "don't throw your gay in my face". Regardless, that statement has not been made in this thread, and does nothing to justify the actions in the video.

Let me ask you:

Are YOU serious? Are you honestly defending the lynching of a peaceful protester?



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



Who said that? Just curious.


Are you serious?

On ATS alone you will see it in every single thread related to homosexuality......


I certainly see a lot of threads saying "don't throw your jesus in my face", but I have yet to see one saying "don't throw your gay in my face". Regardless, that statement has not been made in this thread, and does nothing to justify the actions in the video.

Let me ask you:

Are YOU serious? Are you honestly defending the lynching of a peaceful protester?


i don't believe one person defended violence, i was pointing out the Hypocrisy of people, and Lucid was pointing out that within every topic regarding homosexuality someone (if not more) says it

in fact just the other day in person someone told me that, so yes it does happen a lot



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



Who said that? Just curious.


Are you serious?

On ATS alone you will see it in every single thread related to homosexuality......


I certainly see a lot of threads saying "don't throw your jesus in my face", but I have yet to see one saying "don't throw your gay in my face". Regardless, that statement has not been made in this thread, and does nothing to justify the actions in the video.

Let me ask you:

Are YOU serious? Are you honestly defending the lynching of a peaceful protester?


i don't believe one person defended violence, i was pointing out the Hypocrisy of people, and Lucid was pointing out that within every topic regarding homosexuality someone (if not more) says it

in fact just the other day in person someone told me that, so yes it does happen a lot


Well pardon me then. I suppose that completely justifies a public lynching



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



I certainly see a lot of threads saying "don't throw your jesus in my face", but I have yet to see one saying "don't throw your gay in my face".


Crazy. I have seen you in numerous threads that it has been said in. It's just really shocking to hear because of how common it is.. That's all




Are YOU serious? Are you honestly defending the lynching of a peaceful protester?

How on Earth did you surmise that from what I said?


I don't condone any form of violence unless one is defending lives. I don't even condone spanking in parenting because I feel that's too violent.

However I do agree with some of the members here. Throwing a sign in someones face that says 'you're sinning and you're gonna burn for it' is a sure good way to start a fight. I would say all parties involved made wrong choices.



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
People should be able to assemble freely and peacefully regardless of their beliefs. I may think neo-nazi's are scum bags but I support their right to hold up a sign and assemble peacefully. If they step out of line like these punks did, well then that's another matter.


Okay, so we are agreed that everyone has the right to peacefully assemble.

But

Consider this;

Let's take the argument away from Christianity vs Homosexuality and replace it with say the people vs the government like is happening in Egypt and Syria at the moment.

When people 'peacefully assemble' they are there to bear witness to some sort of point that they are trying to get across. If everyone in the vicinity is in agreement with whatever the point is, then it is a peaceful and harmonious gathering. Kind of like mass in church on a Sunday really.

However

When the same group 'peacefully assembles' and there is a group with opposing view large enough to challenge the point of view things can and do get violent. Anyone who has watched the news lately will have witnessed scenes of this happening in Egypt. This is the ugly side of human nature and I am not condoning it, just pointing it out.

So, in a nutshell, one cannot expect to go and plaster inflammatory remarks as the sign the so called 'innocent' protestor was doing without thinking there is at least the slightest chance of some sort of retaliatory action.

Oh and P.S What kind of man leaves a female to fight it out for herself? I saw him just dancing around with his precious sign while the girl was obviously getting agressive and trying to fend off the anger of the people who were about to attack him. The word coward definitely comes to mind.......
edit on 12-7-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



Who said that? Just curious.


Are you serious?

On ATS alone you will see it in every single thread related to homosexuality......


I certainly see a lot of threads saying "don't throw your jesus in my face", but I have yet to see one saying "don't throw your gay in my face". Regardless, that statement has not been made in this thread, and does nothing to justify the actions in the video.

Let me ask you:

Are YOU serious? Are you honestly defending the lynching of a peaceful protester?


i don't believe one person defended violence, i was pointing out the Hypocrisy of people, and Lucid was pointing out that within every topic regarding homosexuality someone (if not more) says it

in fact just the other day in person someone told me that, so yes it does happen a lot


Well pardon me then. I suppose that completely justifies a public lynching


are you saying it does? who sad it did?



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



I certainly see a lot of threads saying "don't throw your jesus in my face", but I have yet to see one saying "don't throw your gay in my face".


Crazy. I have seen you in numerous threads that it has been said in. It's just really shocking to hear because of how common it is.. That's all




Are YOU serious? Are you honestly defending the lynching of a peaceful protester?

How on Earth did you surmise that from what I said?


I don't condone any form of violence unless one is defending lives. I don't even condone spanking in parenting because I feel that's too violent.

However I do agree with some of the members here. Throwing a sign in someones face that says 'you're sinning and you're gonna burn for it' is a sure good way to start a fight. I would say all parties involved made wrong choices.


I'm not sure which threads you are referring to, as I stay out of debates on homosexuality. If you can find me a single thread on homosexuality that I have commented on in all of ATS land, I'd be interested to see it.

What I find remarkable is how blind you are to your own bias. As the OP pointed out, if this were a Christian group who assaulted a homosexual, you would be raging about it. You are making excuses for this behavior, and that is in itself disgusting.



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



As the OP pointed out, if this were a Christian group who assaulted a homosexual, you would be raging about it. You are making excuses for this behavior, and that is in itself disgusting.


Again taking things out of my posts that is just not justified.

I am making no excuse. I clearly said I did NOT agree with the violent actions.

However, in the spirit of accountability one should know the risk involved in protesting in this "peaceful" way. If you bring a sign that essentially says "you should die" to an event you clearly have no business being at, a friendly response shouldn't be expected. That's what I meant by saying they all made wrong choices. That is not me condoning a "lynching".

As for the thread challenge. Sure I will look through my history and see what I can muster for you.



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by DeadSeraph
 



As the OP pointed out, if this were a Christian group who assaulted a homosexual, you would be raging about it. You are making excuses for this behavior, and that is in itself disgusting.


Again taking things out of my posts that is just not justified.

I am making no excuse. I clearly said I did NOT agree with the violent actions.

However, in the spirit of accountability one should know the risk involved in protesting in this "peaceful" way. If you bring a sign that essentially says "you should die" to an event you clearly have no business being at, a friendly response shouldn't be expected. That's what I meant by saying they all made wrong choices. That is not me condoning a "lynching".

As for the thread challenge. Sure I will look through my history and see what I can muster for you.


In one sentence you claim you are making no excuse for the violence in the video, and in the next you make excuses for it. You can't have it both ways. Either you condemn this sort of behavior unequivocally or you condone it because the victim of the assault rubbed you the wrong way.



posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
You can't have it both ways. Either you condemn this sort of behavior unequivocally or you condone it because the victim of the assault rubbed you the wrong way.


Can you not say that I disagree with the actions of that one individual, but at the end of the day if you poke a stick at a hive of bees, who's fault is it if you get stung?



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join