It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you found out that you were actually a Cylon???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

But you wouldn't likely tell your loved ones for fear of them rejecting you. So in otherwords you'd continue to use them and abuse them, knowing you're not actually one of them?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

that's just a lie they tell all cylons

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I make the rules of the hypothetical here ok

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

good point

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Okay what's the difference?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

but you were programmed to think you were a real human. You even had memory's implanted so you thought you had a childhood etc etc. So you would care tremendously. You'd have a major mental delemma on your hands

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

Originally posted by abeverage
I woke up groggy and sore much like I always do. I cut myself the other day and bled a little before I healed and I noted a bad bruise on my back because I felt how bad it hurt! I smelled the air after a brief rain and watched the clouds in the morning sun as I heard the birds making their songs. Moments ago I just ate a sandwich with some chips, it Tasted great.

My memories of my past are hazy as ever...

But I fail to see the difference if I was a replicant/clone/Cylon or human as I thought about writing a response...

Whatever I am I try to enjoy it.
edit on 11-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

only a cylon would notice that much crap when they just woke up. The rest of us need a few cups of coffee first. So you MUST BE A CYLON!

And what if I am?

Do you now require prejudice, hatred or animosity because I would be different? Or would you accept me as another sentient being? Would we just sit and have a cup of coffee together and discuss the intricacies of being aware? Or because I act, behave, and appear human would you not share?

I like my coffee black no sugar no cream please.

And as I have noted in the rest of this dialog I am Number7 and apparently still sleeping...lol

edit on 12-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
It would be rad to be an ancient cylon.

One that has been there and done that.

One that couldn't remember his past.

But once he heard a song.

A song that made him remember.

I would have loved to live on that 13th colony.

Row, row, row your boat.
Gently down the stream...
Merrily merrily merrily merrily,
Life is but a dream!

Awaken, number 7!

I am awake..what now?..

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Ok. Lets take that further. So...we are all now Cylons, replicants, androids...and we been programmed as you say, with nearly 100% human traits and capabilities.

So...then what? We live in that world....look ahead and back within that world...so, we'd have no real way of even beginning to think any diffently enough to want to change things. You' have to miss it to begin with.

And you cant miss and wish for something...as you say...that has been programmed into all of us...to NOT care about it, because again from your point...we were programmed all along since the beginning.

How would we know and accept then, why it should even matter, if we cant even recognize that we are missing something from NOT being human. We wouldnt know, nor have programming that gives us the need and wants to even CARE about such things.

We wouldnt even know what we were missing...because you said we were programmed that way...to not know or care our whole lives from the beginning.

That like a robot suddenly finding out they are a robot and not human. They too wouldnt know they are missing anything. They were programmed not-to.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I woke up groggy and sore much like I always do. I cut myself the other day and bled a little before I healed and I noted a bad bruise on my back because I felt how bad it hurt! I smelled the air after a brief rain and watched the clouds in the morning sun as I heard the birds making their songs. Moments ago I just ate a sandwich with some chips, it Tasted great.

But I fail to see the difference if I was a replicant/clone/Cylon or human as I thought about writing a response...

only a cylon would notice that much crap when they just woke up. The rest of us need a few cups of coffee first. So you MUST BE A CYLON!

And what if I am?

Do you now require prejudice, hatred or animosity because I would be different? Or would you accept me as another sentient being? Would we just sit and have a cup of coffee together and discuss the intricacies of being aware? Or because I act, behave, and appear human would you not share?

And as I have noted in the rest of this dialog I am Number7 and apparently still sleeping...lol

I think if people found out that a relative was just an advanced robot it would be a little weird.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Ok. Lets take that further. So...we are all now Cylons, replicants, androids...and we been programmed as you say, with nearly 100% human traits and capabilities.

So...then what? We live in that world....look ahead and back within that world...so, we'd have no real way of even beginning to think any diffently enough to want to change things. You' have to miss it to begin with.

And you cant miss and wish for something...as you say...that has been programmed into all of us...to NOT care about it, because again from your point...we were programmed all along since the beginning.

How would we know and accept then, why it should even matter, if we cant even recognize that we are missing something from NOT being human. We wouldnt know, nor have programming that gives us the need and wants to even CARE about such things.

We wouldnt even know what we were missing...because you said we were programmed that way...to not know or care our whole lives from the beginning.

That like a robot suddenly finding out they are a robot and not human. They too wouldnt know they are missing anything. They were programmed not-to.

Okay, but lets say you found out that you were a robot but your friends, and loved ones didnt' know. Would you go tell them? Probably not as you'd be afraid of being rejected. Especially if they all have been told that there are now robots amoung people and their only mistake is there not human. But that would probably be enough. So would you tell anyone? would you keep going about your business as usual? Or would you perhaps leave them and seek out a new life or something like that?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If I am an android, I think they should abandon the technology.
They screwed up, when I contact something sharp I drip fluids all over. I'm pretty sure that I am not an android. I know people with no emotions, they could be androids.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

And what if I am?

I think if people found out that a relative was just an advanced robot it would be a little weird.

Ah do you mean replaced as one? Yes that would be weird, because unless they are androids too I am not related to them? Do you have feelings like this? Or are you just thinking hypothetically?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I have to agree with you here! I think I'd leave it to myself and continue on with as normal and consistant of a live a I could have...and then try to figure the meaning behind it all. And I dont think I'd tell anyone until I did. And Im not sure I would ever tell anyone anyway.

I would most likely just try and keep the life I was living, the way it was...for better or worse.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

but wait the org trilogy c3po was obi's then the vomitiligy little annie made him

wouldn't c3po remember that little annie made him in the next ( org ) trilogy?

We didn't have the vomitiligy when we were in high school, so we had to imagine a lot for ourselves. There was a lot more speculation going around than one might expect; we geeks were working really hard to figure it out, despite Ewoks. One weird anecdote I have, is that of my uncle knowing circa 79 that Vader got the way he was because, "The other Jedi threw him in a volcano", which was pretty close to it. All that to say that it was kind of like a chasing a conspiracy theory in the sense that there was good information mixed with all types of speculation.

One of the thing that we thought abut a lot and had fun with was the idea of who was narrating the whole thing; who was telling the story. We figured that it was C3PO, or even both droids, for that matter. Who knows what weird control little Annie had over those bots. I think that Vader was always evil.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I think that you can't find out you're an android. Programming won't allow it.
In Blade Runner Rick Deckard doesn't know he's a replicant even though he is trained in spotting replicants.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
another example of post that shouldnt be in UFO forum but in general/entertaiment/movie/tv forum..

your fascination with sci-fi is heavily influencing your own perception thus make it impossible for you to create hypothesis based on the available UFO case database.

just like JV used to say, its impossible to talk sense to modern US UFOLOGIST because they already know all the answer to any questions even before it was asked.

Modern US UFOLOGY = the reason there are no real UFO research going on

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

the fortunate few who's job is actually so much fun that they'd live at the office if they could!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

He's a replicant? I'll have to watch it again, it's been a while. But I think the point is that maybe the programming isn't fixed by that point. By that point something happened and the bot can program itself almost like we do with your imagination and beliefs.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join