It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you found out that you were actually a Cylon???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What if it was revealed that actually many humans were actually just andriods, but that it was not revealed to the rest of the public because tptb were trying to integrate andriods into the human society and didn't wan to alarm people. So you got checked out or it was made public that you were infact a Cylon. And so you go checked out and sure enough.

You still doubted it because you had memories of your childhood, (you found out they were implanted) so you freaked out and jabbed a knife into your forarm, cut it open a bit and you found steal tendens and metal bones. That's when you realized that you actually were a Cylon!!!

But all along you were very spiritual, and you say always believed you had a spirit and soul. You believed in a "creator" and you believed in the next life you'd go to heaven and stuff like that.

I know this sounds strange but really this could happen in the future. What would you do? Or what do you think would happen if this kind of event went down???

Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Dude,

If you are going to make me pick, you are going to have to be specific. Is it Cylon, Replicant or some generic android? The non-distinction makes it impossible for a geek like me to decide. Syntax Error.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Overload..............

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It would be rad to be an ancient cylon.

One that has been there and done that.

One that couldn't remember his past.

But once he heard a song.

A song that made him remember.

I would have loved to live on that 13th colony.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

It would be rad to be an ancient Cylon.

One that has been there and done that.

One that couldn't remember his past.

But once he heard a song.

A song that made him remember.

This? This could be the makings for an epic thread. Where's the damned OP. We need to know which one!!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well, it could be shocking to find out I'm an android....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
AN ANDROID OKAY goshhh! They're all the same to me. lol

So you just found out your an andriod......And to make it more interesting.....

You were able to find out, (like by cutting into your arm) so you now know, but no one else knows. Your friends and family think your as human as any of them.

What would you do and why????

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I always wonder "what if" frogs had wings, would they still bump their butt? Seriously.

Hey, don't hate me...I starred everyone and flagged this thread. I'm not sure why though.

edit on 11-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'd hope to have more than just memory and more to offer, to remain and not retired, or dismantled at the beginning, or tear oneself asunder.

However, as explored by the videos below wishing for more such as with sentience with AI, or wishing for more if you were one could come with a price. As also expressed by Philip K. Dick's work, and how he'd wish Blade Runner was more like his book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

To not go the short fate of(which was changed btw) but the example still stands: Kara - Heavy Rain's Dev Trailer

After assembly is completed:

Assembler's voice : Great your ready for work now honey!
Kara: What's going to happen to me now?
Assembler: ...I'll send you to a store to be sold.
Kara: Sold? I'm a sort of merchandise? Is that right?
Assembler: Yeah, of course you're merchandise...
You're a computer with arms and legs and capabilities...
Kara: Oh, I see, I thought...
Assembler: You thought?
What did you think?
Kara: I thought I was alive.
... what is this...defective model.
Assembler: Dissemble and check the required components.
Why ...I feel perfectly fine!
Assembler: ... Defective models have to be eliminated.
Kara: ...but why?
Assembler: You're not supposed to think that sort of stuff.
I won't think anymore...I'm scared...
continued...

Or the memories Doll Face had but had torn her apart because she was a very limited artificial life(as a current example Doll Face reflects how media can shape and destroy a developing person).

Doll Face

edit on 11-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If you can ask if you're real, you're real, that is consciousness and soul is consciousness.

The body suit human is very much like an organic robot, AI. But the vehicle has a driver.

If there are any MIB's running around in robot form, they're toasters, unless their soul bots. in which case they are consciousness accessing the robot like the movie avatar, similar to us.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'd wonder why so many frail androids break so easily. With organic bits that fall out when you throw them at fast moving metal objects. Brains, bones, intestines.

I'd wonder why the programming is so frail that the wrong set of parameters can cause a complete breakdown of the machine.

I'd certainly want a refund. This machine is prone to seizures in the cold, lethargy in the heat, requires fuel all the time and then stores the excess in the chassis, where it does no good at all...

And if it was all by design, I'd really wonder why. For what purpose? Or is it all down to some supreme child with organic leggo, seeing how long his creation appears to be self sufficient before annihilating itself as soon as it leaves the sand pit.

And why do these confounded machines need other machines.. they look at them, tickle them, rub them, all sorts of mad things.. and all of that dna swapping.

yeesh..

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'd highly suspect that the day we start being able to buy fully working andriods (which might only be maybe 15 yrs from now) is the day we're formulating our doom. Some hackers get ahold of them and start to send viruses in the system or for whatever reason they just start getting more and more life like, and if ever someone flipped a (kill humans switch) and we'd have a major problem. That would be like the start of "The Terminator".

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
you know reading this thread i'm surprised that no one has mentioned the comic book or movie.

Surrogates

this is pretty much what i see happening when we become able to download our consciousness in to machines.

you won't have to be you, you could be any body you want. or you could be you and do anything you want.
just keep getting a knew android.

that is until some figures out a way to fry the cpu and your brain through the link.
edit on 11-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well firstly, I am being of flesh and blood etc. so would never experience any realisation of being a ''Cylon'' (I googled it, not into sci-fi) or any other sort of automaton.

Also I guess such machines would not have the capacity to feel emotional about such a realisation or anything for that matter.
edit on 11-7-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Sounds like the plot of the 1962 movie "Creation of the Humanoids". A cheesy sci fi flick with a couple of people who hate robots but find out they are robots themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The same idea could apply to the idea of "Aliens". Like what if you found out you were an alien in a human body. What would you do?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Point to the sky and ''call home''.

I would like answers and to meet my fellow beings and know everything about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I think I could be a re- incarnated robot, when I see trouble I have to say "danger will robinson" while waving my arms around. You could be on to something

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"All this has happened before and will happen again"

edit on 11-7-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

my first thought was who the hell is the father of my kids then

and wait till she gets in

and why do i have to feel pain

A I would be fun i think

one question =can we die?

if not mankind is going to pay

exterminate

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>