It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you found out that you were actually a Cylon???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

When I read "the road ahead" by bill gates. He talks a lot about the iphone even though he didn't call it that. But yet it was only 2 year into the future that came out. Listen, we're at the bridge now! the next best selling home appliance could be a droid

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Considering that I and 2 other people at LEAST have noticed that there's 'categories' of people- pretty much people who look like they were pressed out of a mold and then randomized a little bit- I'd say that while you have been watching WAY too much BSG and Caprica- I gotta agree. I've seen crap that would heavily push the fact there's something really, really scary and weird going on.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
I know this sounds strange but really this could happen in the future. What would you do? Or what do you think would happen if this kind of event went down???

Your thoughts?

I wouldn't tell anyone that I was a cylon, I'd make myself a super hero suit, quit my job and become the world's first real super hero.

edit on 13-7-2013 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Cylons are a fictional cybernetic civilization at war with the Twelve Colonies of humanity in the Battlestar Galactica science fiction franchise, in the original 1978 and 1980 series, the 2004 reimagining, as well as the spin-off prequel series, Caprica. In the 1978 series, the Cylon is also the name of the reptilian race who created the robot Cylons. So I find it highly unlikely.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Now I saw a late night sci-thriller with those two dudes from the original CSI series in it where that is exactly what happens in a future earth. We are at war with an alien race which sends replicas of humans that are equipped with nuke like self-destruct mechanisms in them that detonate when their primary target is identified. It was actually a pretty cool movie but damned if I remember the name of it. Spoiler ... turns out one of them and his wife are alien replicas of their human selves complete with all memories and emotions - kicker is that they had no idea themselves.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If I would find out I was
I would look up the recipe and go back to the store and tell them:
"Something's wrong"

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Considering that I and 2 other people at LEAST have noticed that there's 'categories' of people- pretty much people who look like they were pressed out of a mold and then randomized a little bit- I'd say that while you have been watching WAY too much BSG and Caprica- I gotta agree. I've seen crap that would heavily push the fact there's something really, really scary and weird going on.

yes, here is a cylon that's gone public...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cprnicus

what's the name of it?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Yeah, what if? I'll bite. what if you are human, and i am a cylong, cyborg, clone, etc, and on and on. What if?
You asked the question, after all. what life is more valuable than another? Isn';t that the real question. So just ask it. If I am a programmed clone, does that make me less valuable, as life, than you, a natural human? Is that what you are about here? because if it is, you should state it outright, and foment the discussion attentuant to that question and stop playing around.

What if I were a super model, and I just impose or superimpose it every other day? what would that mean?
As in, it is so important in this current version of society as to how we "look." Is that any different than me being a clone/cyborg,and someone else being a "natural human?
What, after all,does all that mean?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I'm not sure if you're serious but it's interesting to here you say that. The reason is that's what's scary about the technology. In essense it's just a computer. It's not alive, but because it looks human, you think it is. You think it's not different than anyone else. That's what's gonna make it weird if and when they become main stream.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

yes, here is a cylon that's gone public...

0:31 - 35 .... "I am engaged in conspiracy practices and meditation..." ??? ..... wow that's my kinda girl!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

I'm not sure if you're serious but it's interesting to here you say that. The reason is that's what's scary about the technology. In essense it's just a computer. It's not alive, but because it looks human, you think it is. You think it's not different than anyone else. That's what's gonna make it weird if and when they become main stream.
Actually, yes, I was quite serious. I've given this quite a bit of thought, and done quite a bit of sci-fi reading in my life: Destination Void by Frank Herbert comes to mind, here. It is about a society that continually clones the same team of astronauts to travel space looking for inhabitable planets for the "real" folks. Interesting, I've brought that book up in more than one thread lately, as these questions keep coming to the fore.
Have you checked out a website called 2045.com....the 2045 Initiative is all about building artificial bodies to download, or upload, dependant upon how you look at it, I suppose, our human "consciousness" into.
When I first think of this, I find it horrifying, truthfully..
But then when I think of the book above I mentioned, it was quite sad how these cloned lives were treated expendably, when they were no less alive than if they had been born of a woman from a womb.
Now, there is quite a difference between that and an artificial, mechanical body, outfitted with sensors and a neural network run on algorythms just like your confuser...uh, i mean, computer.
And I don't think we really have a handle on what consciousness truly is. Surely it isn't just a product of our sensory perceptions, memories and assimilations of experiences. Surely we realize, still, there is a spark that first makes the synapses fire and the heart pump.....
Tetra50
eta: I, like you, find it very scary, indeed. But I also find it scary that I'm not sure any of us really iknow what we are, exactly or where we came from, or maybe even where we are......

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This happened to me already. I just became an atheist, made a sandwich and then got on with my life.

It was pretty great.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
I found I was a Cylon, the first thing I would want to know is ...
... am I still under warranty?
... what dealership can I take myself into to have warranty-repairs done at?

If am a Cylon, I am definately an older model.
So, hopefully they don't practice Apple-style planned-obsolescence.

edit on 2013-7-11 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Splling.

Oh, I forgot .. I want to know about "incep dates" and stuff too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join