It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Republican Introduces Bill To Ban LGBT Rainbow Flag From Public Buildings

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

What gives you the right to go out in public to the mall and tongue kiss on another man in front of my 6 yr old son ? What gives you the right to sue everyone that disagrees with you or says a word you do not like ? What gives you the right to try and get the government to force private business owners to cater to a group that they clearly are at odds against ? What gives you the right to try and force a CHRISTIAN group such as BSA to accept homosexuals ? Yes they were bullied and forced into a corner by ATT and Ernst & Young. Threatened and bullied.
I have said this before, what you do in your own home is none of my business but once you bring it into the public eye you invite public criticism. You do not like someone trying to force their opinion onto you but you and the rest of the gay agenda community are constantly trying the rest of us to accept your lifestyles and forcing law changes and redefining of traditions.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Ya, I say that about the 10 commandments that have been in buildings for 50 years.. I don't support it, I find it offensive and I don't want their beliefs crammed down my throat anymore than they want mine down theirs..

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Double post.. Sorry
edit on 1-10-2013 by HooHaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Iam not gay but I wouldn't mind seeing anyone express their love by frenching in public, I see hetro couples do it and I do not mind anyone else doing it.
Sorry but private businesses have to cater for all...that is the law, If you don't like it shut up shop, heck would it be ok to not allow black people in your store?.
The gay community is allowed the same rights as any other and If those rights are trumped they are allowed to sue.
You stop wearing a cross in public view, stop knocking on doors waking me up at 08:30 asking If I have accepted Jesus and we can talk again. The religious have been trying for hundreds of years to force their views on others.
Traditions are all well and good but when they squash the rights of others they have to evolve or die.

edit on 1-10-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Wow,,, You are offended by "Thou shall not commit murder", and "Honor thy mother and father", and "Thou shall not lie". HHHmmm, strange things are afoot here.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh whatever dude. It is not the law that private businesses cater to everyone. Ever read a sign at most businesses that reads something like "We reserve the right to refuse service to whomever we choose " ? I don't know where you got that mess from.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Look it up equality law, you can not refuse services because of the customers’ race, sex, sexual orientation, or other protected classification.
It may change a little state to state but at least here in the uk no one can discriminate against any group of people.
Yeah you can have a dress code etc but not against the above stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Christian Voice

What gives you the right to go out in public to the mall and tongue kiss on another man in front of my 6 yr old son ?

The same right as heterosexuals.

That said, I have to admit, it annoys me seeing anyone, heterosexual or homosexual, kissing and frolicking in public even though thy may have the right to do so.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Here in the states private business owners can deal with whomever they choose thank goodness. Except disability, sex, or race. Sexual orientation is not covered at the federal level. Also the ones that are covered at federal level are still subject to state and local laws. Federal laws do not supercede local laws.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I assure you if I was at the mall and saw a guy and a girl tongue kissing in front of my son I'd say something as well. Time and place people.
I am a man married to a woman and I love my wife very much and we have never put on such vulgar displays in public. Time and Place...... SMDH

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Government buildings should have no flags except the town, state, and country flag.
The only exceptions being the POW flag and the flags of the military for those buildings
that have military in them (Marine Flag, Army Flag, etc).

The rainbow flag has no business being flown in or over any government building.
Ditto the KKK flag. Ditto the New Black Panthers flag. Etc etc.

(and before someone screams that I'm a homophobe .. don't go there.
I fully support marriage equality, etc).

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Kaploink
it annoys me seeing anyone, heterosexual or homosexual, kissing and frolicking in public even though thy may have the right to do so.

Me too. Take it to a bedroom. Seeing people suck face is disgusting. YUK.

edit on 10/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree Government should be free from any group be it gay dudes or religious.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What ever happened to live and let live? We are all different. Can't people just accept this and get on with things? Why do people always need to enforce their beliefs and lifestyles onto others? There is no one size fits all lifestyle.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Flying that flag on government property is not appropriate. Has nothing to do with the fact hey are gay. Like someone said earlier, kkk flags don't belong, BSA flags don't, none do other that US flag and perhaps POW flag.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Well, I am inclined to agree with you on the flag issue really. But my comments were aimed at those who have issues with other people's lifestyles and identities.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Awesome!!!! We have finally found mutual ground to stand on. Kudos my friend, kudos.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

But that's the whole reason they want to ban the flag. Because they don't want to offend their homophobic citizens.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So you know what is in their heads ? You can read minds now ? I'll say it again for the slow people, a phobia implies a fear. I fear no homosexual. They do not want the flag there because it does not belong there.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So you know what is in their heads ? You can read minds now ? I'll say it again for the slow people, a phobia implies a fear. I fear no homosexual. They do not want the flag there because it does not belong there.

So if I wanted to hang a rainbow flag in my personal office space, I wouldn't be able to do so? Simply because the people think it's distasteful to fly or display the homosexual flag in honor of friends and family who have been denied rights because of their sexuality?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join