It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian soldiers 'opened fire straight away'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
BBC News

Egyptian soldiers have opened fire on supporters of ousted President Mohammed Morsi in Cairo, a BBC correspondent has said, killing at least one person.

There is a reporter describing the scene at the link. Yesterday

Reuters and AP links.

Yesterday it was the reverse. Link to EGYPT: Muslim Brotherhood now shooting protestors thread
edit on 7/5/13 by anniquity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The military decided to try to get rid of a corrupt leader who was trying to force his parties way on everyone. That was good, it is supposed to be a democracy, not a one sided dictatorship. The protestors should not have got that close, the soldiers are doing their job. If the military was corrupt, they would have shot all the protestors, that didn't happen.

I see no problem with a few radical people dying if they start causing problems before this whole thing gets settled. Maybe getting a double leader, two who can work together to discuss how to help the people work together might work. A country does not have to have only one leader, it can have a double leader and still be a democracy. Who cares if it has never been tried before, maybe the Egyptians can start something new that may work out well.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This thread Egypt troops open fire on pro-Morsi protesters was posted before mine. We linked different news stories, but it was first and more up-to-date. Please post there.
Thanks,
~anna

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

But if the Egyptian millitary overthrows Morsi it opens up a whole other can of worms. Remember after the last riots and Mubarack was forced out the Egyptian military didn't give up control and power very easily. Egypt could end up with a complete military power take over- and this time they may not want to give it up.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That is my worry, however, it does seem that the military backs the majority of people in Egypt.
We can hope for the best at least.

It will be an interesting thing to watch.
I am glad I don't live there.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Me too DB71! It could turn out to be either the best thing that could happen or the worst. We should all keep an eye on this situation- who knows when we could find ourselves in the same predicament!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The military decided to try to get rid of a corrupt leader who was trying to force his parties way on everyone

"Corrupted" or "does not abide by US's demands".

Aside that, what Ideology is this Military going to force on other people?

That was good, it is supposed to be a democracy, not a one sided dictatorship

What do you think comes after taking out a government official? peace and happiness? Nope, another dictatorship, who knows what type laws are going to be established.

The protestors should not have got that close, the soldiers are doing their job. If the military was corrupt, they would have shot all the protestors, that didn't happen.

Yeah, its the protestors fault for getting killed for their views. I wish we could do that everywhere. Just spray on people with opposing views. If a official did it, it would have been called massacre and civil rights.

I see no problem with a few radical people dying if they start causing problems before this whole thing gets settled.

Sick, just sick mentality. People are conditioned, can't blame you.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I hope the Egyptians can work all this out, I hate to see a civil war erupt. I have nothing against either side, as long as one side doesn't make the others lives miserable. Hopefully they will work out their differences. Maybe they can find a leader that is fair to both groups in the country.
edit on 5-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join