It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 13
26
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee
 



You don't see how answering a survey about which race you think is racist based solely on your opinion of other races is inherently racist.. even within the confines of the limited definition you just posted? The people answering this survey posited a belief that races exist and that some have less desirable attributes (i.e. Are more racist.)


People are free to make observations. We can all CLEARLY see groups like the New Black Panthers and race baiters like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson et al exhibiting pure, unadulterated racism DAILY. These groups aren’t shunned by blacks or the media as Neo Nazis and KKK are shunned. Is it any wonder people have the perception that blacks are more racist? That's what we see day in and day out!! Making this observation doesn’t mean, by definition, that we consider them inferior or less desirable as people. Participating in survey certainly doesn’t make one a racist.

If there is no animus….there is no racism, professor.

I know you want it to be but it’s not. If people would stop using race as an excuse for everything negative and stop using the word 'racism' all the time maybe then we could get past this. You're certainly not helping, are you?




posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee


I'm never upset with not being in the majority opinion, especially not on ATS. Get over myself, perhaps, but there isn't anywhere to go but down.

That really has nothing to do with anything, not being of the majority opinion means squat. It does not make you right or special.



Struggling? I accept racism as it is. The idea is here is that a good majority cannot see the survey itself as racist, that's the problem here.


The survey is not "racist", just making a decleration like that does not make it so.



posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
 


Jesus great-wall-of-text Christ.


I have to disagree with ya.

After attending a middle school where I was jumped nearly every day (it was a majority black school, and I'm a very white girl, lol), and after living in many different towns containing racist blacks, I can say that most of the black people I've come in contact with showed deep hate for me simply because of the color of my skin.

I've met maybe four racist white folks all my life. Three of them from school, and one of them is my Papaw.

I've met a countless amount of racist blacks, so irrationally prejudice that they initiate violence at the drop of a hat. Speaking from personal experience here.

Like many other sub-cultures who like to wallow under the pity spotlight, they need to stop whining.



posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
 


Jesus great-wall-of-text Christ.


I have to disagree with ya.

After attending a middle school where I was jumped nearly every day (it was a majority black school, and I'm a very white girl, lol), and after living in many different towns containing racist blacks, I can say that most of the black people I've come in contact with showed deep hate for me simply because of the color of my skin.

I've met maybe four racist white folks all my life. Three of them from school, and one of them is my Papaw.

I've met a countless amount of racist blacks, so irrationally prejudice that they initiate violence at the drop of a hat. Speaking from personal experience here.

Like many other sub-cultures who like to wallow under the pity spotlight, they need to stop whining.


Go to eastern North Carolina!, OMFG!! its like the 1940's as far as race goes! And I moved my family there for 3 years 09-12.. we are now BACK in california. my wife is multiracial so dont start on me,
But, my god the area is 65% black, and a HUGE majority are RACIST as the sun is hot!
the whites, about half are racist, its weird, but after getting to know people, here is what is saw.

In general this is the trend.

Old Whites - racist
Old Blacks - not so much, many very friendly
Young Whites - very very little racism
Young Blacks - 10 times as racist as anything I have ever seen

and i was a Haole boy new kid going to high school in Pearl City, Hi.. -------->I KNOW RACISM



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee
 



You don't see how answering a survey about which race you think is racist based solely on your opinion of other races is inherently racist.. even within the confines of the limited definition you just posted? The people answering this survey posited a belief that races exist and that some have less desirable attributes (i.e. Are more racist.)


People are free to make observations. We can all CLEARLY see groups like the New Black Panthers and race baiters like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson et al exhibiting pure, unadulterated racism DAILY. These groups aren’t shunned by blacks or the media as Neo Nazis and KKK are shunned. Is it any wonder people have the perception that blacks are more racist? That's what we see day in and day out!! Making this observation doesn’t mean, by definition, that we consider them inferior or less desirable as people. Participating in survey certainly doesn’t make one a racist.

If there is no animus….there is no racism, professor.

I know you want it to be but it’s not. If people would stop using race as an excuse for everything negative and stop using the word 'racism' all the time maybe then we could get past this. You're certainly not helping, are you?



Participating in this survey doesn't make one racist, you are correct. Giving a racist answer makes you a racist.

People are absolutely free to make observations, as I have observed that the people claiming one race does one thing and one race does another is inherently racist. This isn't an opinion. This is a fact. This is what racism -is-. Perceived differences based on the notion of race. The End. That's all. That's all it is. You are giving it the added weight of animus. It's not there. It can be there, but it doesn't have to be there.

Pointing out that a person is racist isn't racist. It is merely calling attention to the action. Making the statement that blacks are the most racist.. is a racist statement, as you are ascribing the notion to the entirety of people identifying as black. This isn't a matter of opinion, as I have stated. This is a fact.

I am having a very hard time believing that you aren't understanding this, and I don't know how to make it clearer to you.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee
 


I understand what you mean. The problem is that the R word is used too generously for things anymore.

Buy your logic though, anytime skin color is mentioned in context with a(n) individual(s) it is racist.

You're being a douche and acting smug about the entire issue and it's pretty annoying.
edit on 9-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)


He's going by the playbook, word for word. The privilege comment pretty much sealed the deal. His a good little comrade and his college professor must be proud.

When different people come together to discuss this taboo issue, it's a good thing, he's ilk can't stand that, and wants to make sure the argument stays on it's one-way course.
edit on 9-7-2013 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2013 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee
 


I understand what you mean. The problem is that the R word is used too generously for things anymore.

Buy your logic though, anytime skin color is mentioned in context with a(n) individual(s) it is racist.

You're being a douche and acting smug about the entire issue and it's pretty annoying.
edit on 9-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)


He's going by the playbook, word for word. The privilege comment pretty much sealed the deal. His a good little comrade and his college professor must be proud.

When different people come together to discuss this taboo issue, it's a good thing, he's ilk can't stand that, and wants to make sure the argument stays on it's one-way course.
edit on 9-7-2013 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2013 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)


It speaks to the strength of my position that instead of discussing my arguments, you instead vilify me.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee


It speaks to the strength of my position that instead of discussing my arguments, you instead vilify me.


That was not my wish, but you came across rather strong. If everything is racism, then how do you propose to address that?



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by LightOrange

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by LightOrange
People can make observations about groups of people without being bitter/hateful towards a race.


So, what makes these observations about different races of people NOT racist if the only difference between these groups are race?


You can observe different tendencies between races without being bigoted about it.

The bigger question is, what makes them ignorant?


Are you kidding me right now? Racial profiling isn't racist?

Wow.


Where did I say it wasn't racist? I said it wasn't bigotted and then asked how it was ignorant.

But if you want to just sidestep it by saying "Are you serious? Wow. Omg; lyke ferrealz?", then I guess that's your perogative.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee


It speaks to the strength of my position that instead of discussing my arguments, you instead vilify me.


That was not my wish, but you came across rather strong. If everything is racism, then how do you propose to address that?


I don't know what "If everything is racism" means. It sounds like hyperbole. However, if you are asking me how to address racism, I think we are doing a very good job of it in this thread. I think the survey did more for addressing racism than the person that posted it even understands. Racism is insidious. It manifests in ways you aren't expecting, like this thread.

Is it racist to say that you think a black person is more likely to be good at basketball because they are black?

If it -is- racist...

Then isn't it also racist to say that you think a black person is more likely to be racist because they are black?



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Is it racist to say that you think a black person is more likely to be good at basketball because they are black?

If it -is- racist...

Then isn't it also racist to say that you think a black person is more likely to be racist because they are black?


It is.

But, don't let a little objectivity get in the way of this storm front-esque 'OMG ALL BLACKS R EVIL' circle wank that these people have going on here. Let them post their stories about how blacks have abused them, and how racist every black person is. I find the appalling ignorance of others to be amusing.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee
 


More importantly -- even if it is able to be painted in terms under the broad brush of "racism", what makes it bad?

The label?

Sorry, no dice.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Is it racist to say that you think a black person is more likely to be good at basketball because they are black?

If it -is- racist...

Then isn't it also racist to say that you think a black person is more likely to be racist because they are black?


It is.

But, don't let a little objectivity get in the way of this storm front-esque 'OMG ALL BLACKS R EVIL' circle wank that these people have going on here. Let them post their stories about how blacks have abused them, and how racist every black person is. I find the appalling ignorance of others to be amusing.





I love how you guys keep using the term ignorance whilst ignoring the findings of the survey and labelling it some empty term.

Can I see some quotesw from this thread where people said that "ALL BLACKS ARE EVIL"? Because I strongly doubt anyone thinks that. The survey suggests that peple think, from the black and white people they know, more black people are racist among the black people who they know than there are racist white people among the white people who they know.

Quit being so ignorant.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange
 


Quit being so bloody sensitive.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by LightOrange

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by LightOrange
People can make observations about groups of people without being bitter/hateful towards a race.


So, what makes these observations about different races of people NOT racist if the only difference between these groups are race?


You can observe different tendencies between races without being bigoted about it.

The bigger question is, what makes them ignorant?


Are you kidding me right now? Racial profiling isn't racist?

Wow.


Where did I say it wasn't racist? I said it wasn't bigotted and then asked how it was ignorant.

But if you want to just sidestep it by saying "Are you serious? Wow. Omg; lyke ferrealz?", then I guess that's your perogative.


Im not going to walk you through the logic of your own statements.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Now we're hating on each other for personal differences, and not racial ones...... PROGRESS!!!!

Seriously, everyone is racist by definition because each and everyone of us is different. We can't say everyone is 100% the same and expect such a broad spectrum to come to agree on set ways of thinking, acting, and behaving.

As for the underlying tone to the thread, which nobody seems to want to address, yes, whites are kind of getting sick of being the only ones at the wrong end of the term. That's why I hate the word, it's really hollow yet extremely overpowered.

IMO I do think their is insidious motives behind the anti-racist crowd. The more vocal they get, the more division seems to come. If we're all constantly at each others throats, no one is keeping an eye on the instigator, who is then free to rob us all blind.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
reply to post by LightOrange
 


Quit being so bloody sensitive.




Sensitive.

Congratulations on being the first person to accuse me of that in 35 years of life.

You must really have me all figured out.

My heart just bleeds constantly.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9-7-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
26
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

log in

join