It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Y U no like military coups?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really America why don't you like military coups?

Everything that is currently happening in Egypt our current leader,and other 'clerics' has done in spades. They personify a 'theocratic dictatorship'.

Government clerics picking winners, and losers, trampling on the constitution, representative of no interest other than the power of the almighy government for,of and by their own selfish ambitions,their own self wants, while the people get left blowing in the winds.

Anyone who doesn't believe in that almighty powerful 'benevolent' theocracy is 'stoned', 'ridiculed', spied on, denounced to be infidels,targets for their political beliefs, and the list of despotism goes on.

And those government 'clerics' will never falter, they will never yield, they will never quit until there is absolutely no power left in anyone's hands, but theirs.

Would a military coup change that?

Hell the only thing left we haven't tried elections are nothing, but new boss same as the old boss, and really 'revolution' seems so passe.

What most people fail to see that government has become a religion ripe with extremists.
edit on 3-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Thought I'd check in see what your thoughts are about the Egyptian protests and subsequent "coup" today. The other day, you were quite amendment that the protesters wanted a more Islamic / Hardline gov., seems that's not the case at all.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Despite my initial post in which I lent that Americans should also take out the trash, I don't think America is at the point in which such drastic measures are needed to be taken as is the case in Egypt. We can with what we still have available to us, make all the changes that we need to make.

Where we always fall apart is social issues... abortion, gay rights, workers rights, religion etc... all of those things fall under liberty, in my opinion... somewhere along the line our people bought into the notion that if this group has liberty than this one won't when the truth is that we should mind our own damn business about who is free to do what. If I'm free to do my thing and you're free to do your thing then we 'both' should just STFU and agree to disagree. If my thing doesn't hurt you and your thing doesn't hurt me it should all be gravy.

We already have what Egyptians are fighting for, it's such a shame we don't honor it.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Thought I'd check in see what your thoughts are about the Egyptian protests and subsequent "coup" today. The other day, you were quite amendment that the protesters wanted a more Islamic / Hardline gov., seems that's not the case at all.

That remains to be seen if they 'cared' about (economy)jobs and such protesting isn't helping as Tourism ? and stability ? would facilitate their 'concerns'.

So let's see what they elect eh?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That remains to be seen if they 'cared' about (ecnomy)jobs and such protesting isn't helping as Tourism ? and stability ? would facilitate their 'concerns'.

Glad to see you can almost say you might be wrong
I agree....let's see who they elect in( gets in) . One thing I can tell you is, these protests were definitely AGAINST more Islamists, and but a wish for a more secular democracy.

Now....that may very well get hi-jacked again, as the case in many so-called democracies. Did you read the letter I posted in the other thread......the one where the Egyptian girl explains how the MB got in power to begin with? Frighteningly familiar

Concern's about tourism and stability are far gone.......that's why they're protesting.

edit on 3-7-2013 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

That remains to be seen if they 'cared' about (economy)jobs and such protesting isn't helping as Tourism ? and stability ? would facilitate their 'concerns'.

So you can't admit, the protests are against the Morsi Pro MD / Islamist? That this protest was to stop, MB cronyism? That all the factions where involved is this so called coup?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. -Isoroku Yamamoto

I personally have no problem with such acts of defense. It should not be abused or misguided. That is where most people are torn with this such freedom.

Time and time again we as a people have proven that such freedoms can poison a once clean man.

The normalcy bias, or as I like to say complacency can be poisonous for a community. I just hope not too many people are blind with fear to take such precautions. Regardless of which flag approaches.
edit on 4-7-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Rocker2013

Alright then let's call it 'military interventionism' of the 'bloodless' ,'tankless' ,'shootingless',' power hungryless'

Variety.

Well, there were no tanks (they were military vehicles seen, not tanks). The military has reportedly not shot anyone in the process of this event. They have made assertions that they do not want to seize power, and they have installed a civilian leadership until a new constitution can be written and a new government elected.

In what kind of coup d'etat does the military give 48 hours for the president to conform to the will of the people? In what kind of coup d'etat do they give him time to democratically form an agreement with a larger government of representatives of all sides?

They did that, he stomped his feet and refused, they followed the will of the people and took control away from him and handed it to a civilian interim leadership.

These things make it entirely different from what we understand a coup to be. This is more like a revolution with the assistance of the military.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As opposed the dictatorship we presently have?

Neo, I like you, I enjoy reading your posts, you have strong views and they don't always fall in line with my own, but you are a valuable member of the site.

That said.

you need to stop, and do a little research about what it's like living in a dictatorship. Things in the US aren't exactly peachy, no one can argue that. But to try to insinuate you are living in a dictatorship is ridiculous.

Case in point, if you were, you'd be shot in the street for this thread.

You are indeed living in a police state that could, under the right circumstances, slip into a dictatorship, but you can still work, live, drink, eat, love. You can still travel. You can still own things. You elect representatives.

Just because your party didn't win doesn't make it a dictatorship. A liberal dictatorship? Seriously?
edit on 4-7-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Meh ok. No sense of humor on the fourth. :/

comments edited.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm glad you bring up Rome,because therein lies the problem with our gov.If history is any indicator this republic WILL fall just like the others before it.Rome is a perfect example of what happens to a republic.They start off with high hopes and good intentions,but as the years roll on the people become apathetic while the gov.becomes corrupt.Instead of running the country and representing its people,it looks for ways to entertain them while they become dumber about what is truly going on.

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...
The emperors believed it was a good way to keep the people of Ancient Rome happy and content with the way the city was being governed. The government provided free bread and free entertainment - a combination they believed would keep happy the many unemployed people in Rome.
See Rome started out as a republic but ended up with an Emperor.

Republic seem to only last a couple of hundred years before the corruption becomes to great.Then they fall apart.
Military coups tend not to be any better,for the people end up being oppressed by an armed gov.And once the Militia has a grip its not likely to let go. Yet in most cases that is what happens when govs. fail.The military steps in and controls the people for years and years.
I'm not supporting any of this,simply stating what has happened in the past.We don't ever learn from our mistakes and therefore repeat them like clockwork.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

In a democratic country, that has laws about terms and things of that nature, it is my opinion, that elected officials should be able to serve out their term. The way you overthrow a government in a democracy is at the ballot box.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Note to NSA: This is a theoretical discussion so stand down the SWAT team coming to my house, OK?

I am not sure if a coup is worthwhile. Hear me out. Whether we clean house through elections or at gun point, it is not those we elect pulling the levers. The cadre and mechanisms which corrupt are lodged in place waiting for whomever shows up by any means.

I believe it is those in the background who need to be made fearful. Right now they are operating unchallenged and with a smile on their face.

Granted, this is challenging. The homeless in the US can die of hunger by the dozens in the street and whoop-dee-doo. No action is taken. Threaten a Wall Street bank president and see what happens. Guaranteed, assets will be mobilized and in a hurry. The laws are purposely stacked in their favor. Hell, they paid for 'em.

Historically, this set of circumstances is not new. It has been overcome many places through-out the centuries. The trick would be keeping the effort honest(no new tyrants), as close to law abiding as possible, and instant. I am just not sure if a military coup by itself is the best answer.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nicely done.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

reply to post by Kali74

Keep dreaming, the military like our police forces are comprised mainly of men and women that have the high school bully mentality. Or they are after the benefits, pretty much the way it has always been. A very small percentage of them fall into the caring about the citizens liberties and freedoms.

This is such a load of horse sh*t. The US Military is comprised of many great men and women who go about their jobs with honor and dignity. There are, of course, individuals within any large group who do not live up to the standards but such a blanket negative generalization of the individuals in the armed forces is complete trash.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join