It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Y U no like military coups?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Then please, go live in N Korea for a while, and report back what a utopia it is.

Strawman arguments aren't worth my thoughts.
Take care.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Don't you get it? The men who will give their "lives" for your freedom will fall under the same corporate influence. If you want to kill the hydra you don't cut off its head, you cut out its heart.

It's called a revolution for a reason, because the whole thing just goes in a circle. Look at Egypt; they replace one dictator, in less than a year they are stuck with another one.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Anyone who doesn't believe in that almighty powerful 'benevolent' theocracy is 'stoned', 'ridiculed', spied on, denounced to be infidels,targets for their political beliefs, and the list of despotism goes on.

Proven in 1 post

Who knew?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really America why don't you like military coups?

Everything that is currently happening in Egypt our current leader,and other 'clerics' has done in spades. They personify a 'theocratic dictatorship'.

Government clerics picking winners, and losers, trampling on the constitution, representative of no interest other than the power of the almighy government for,of and by their own selfish ambitions,their own self wants, while the people get left blowing in the winds.

Anyone who doesn't believe in that almighty powerful 'benevolent' theocracy is 'stoned', 'ridiculed', spied on, denounced to be infidels,targets for their political beliefs, and the list of despotism goes on.

And those government 'clerics' will never falter, they will never yield, they will never quit until there is absolutely no power left in anyone's hands, but theirs.

Would a military coup change that?

Hell the only thing left we haven't tried elections are nothing, but new boss same as the old boss, and really 'revolution' seems so passe.

What most people fail to see that government has become a religion ripe with extremists.
edit on 3-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I love whats going on in Egypt to be honest

I would love to see crowds US citizens(persons lolz) that big protesting our terrible government. We are just too comfortable and happy to make a fuss. The way things are looking though, I feel that our coziness will fade and life will start changing in a big way for the majority of Americans. THEEENNNN we will FINALLY rise up

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Ok fair enough,may I ask what you think the solution is?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Openeye

If the question was asked...who do you trust more??
Do you trust your hijacked (by corporations) government or men who would give their lives for your freedom...I choose the latter.

But the military has been hijacked by the corporations as well. They don't care about our freedom.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

If the question was asked...who do you trust more??
Do you trust your hijacked (by corporations) government or men who would give their lives for your freedom...I choose the latter.

I do not trust either of them.

I have the utmost respect for men and women who would die to protect my liberty. Unfortunately those men and women are usually not the ones leading such a revolution. It is usually just another power hungry individual attempting to press the restart button on society to allocate power to those he or she deems worthy of it.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It's pretty simple, to end corruption you must target the source. Of course, much easier said than done, but that's the solution.

One option would be to beat the corporations at their own game, by buying politicians and using them to patch the abscess.

Another would be to simply let time do its work. Social Media and global connectivity make propaganda less and less effective because they make it very hard for the state to control information. Eventually (perhaps a few decades, perhaps centuries) the problem will fix itself as people will begin to only vote-in politicians without corporate backing.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you meant to say a people's coup. The military has not seized power in Egypt, they sided with the people as I would hope ours with side with us should we ever also decide to throw out the trash. The interim President will be the chief justice of the Supreme Constitutional Court, Adli Mansour and the Constitution drafted by the Muslim Brotherhood has been suspended. Egypt will hold early elections for their next President.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Ah but the miiltary stepped in and appointed an interim proxy.i have no doubt most serviceman would side with the people their family, and friends are civis.

All in all it is a blueprint for change here.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really America why don't you like military coups?

Everything that is currently happening in Egypt our current leader,and other 'clerics' has done in spades. They personify a 'theocratic dictatorship'.

Government clerics picking winners, and losers, trampling on the constitution, representative of no interest other than the power of the almighy government for,of and by their own selfish ambitions,their own self wants, while the people get left blowing in the winds.

I definitely see the similarities but I would never advocate for a military coup in US for 2 reasons:

1) The military industrial complex…nuff said!

2)
I left the military almost a decade ago to get away from the military, so I certainly don’t want the military calling all the shots in my life once again!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Keep dreaming, the military like our police forces are comprised mainly of men and women that have the high school bully mentality. Or they are after the benefits, pretty much the way it has always been. A very small percentage of them fall into the caring about the citizens liberties and freedoms.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

1) The military industrial complex…nuff said!

Ah the Mic mythos made in China, and the EU most hyped imo other opinions will vary.

2) I left the military almost a decade ago to get away from the military, so I certainly don’t want the military calling all the shots in my life once again!

But the new military is nothing like the old miiltary it's all about 'feelings' and 'winning' hearts and minds'.

Doesn't really matter one way or the other Americans will never support such an action domestically meanwhile they cheer away for elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ah but the miiltary stepped in and appointed an interim proxy.

They did which can be a scary thing, it worked out this time for the people of Egypt. I imagine that what happened there would be similar to anywhere that 14 million people (today was 33 million people, reportedly) decided their President or leader had to go immediately, that the nations military would step in either for or against the people.

Military coup literally means military seizing power. They didn't in this situation, thank goodness or those protests would have turned into an immediate civil war.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

reply to post by Kali74

Keep dreaming, the military like our police forces are comprised mainly of men and women that have the high school bully mentality. Or they are after the benefits, pretty much the way it has always been. A very small percentage of them fall into the caring about the citizens liberties and freedoms.

Really?

And when did you take an oath to support and defend the constitution with your life?

Who should we trust then? Obama?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

Ah but the miiltary stepped in and appointed an interim proxy.i have no doubt most serviceman would side with the people their family, and friends are civis.

All in all it is a blueprint for change here.

People can debate this all day, because these are events that we have not seen before. The military has assisted in the formation of a civilian government, they are not the ones leading and controlling the nation as is the case in a traditional military coup.

They have also done this with overwhelming support from a large faction of the population, which is again something we have never seen in a traditional military coup.

It might be true that Morsi was democratically elected, and he has been removed. But who has be been removed by? The protesters say that this is a continuation of the revolution, that they have removed him, with the protection of the military.

There is no cut and dry answer here. Technically, both sides are right.

However, as there is a civilian technocratic government in place and the military have not rolled in with tanks to place a general in charge, I am more inclined to lean toward this not being able to be called a coup d'etat.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Alright then let's call it 'military interventionism' of the 'bloodless' ,'tankless' ,'shootingless',' power hungryless'

Variety.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Who should we trust then? Obama?

Once again, maybe someone you trust that you nominate and get elected.

Why is it so hard for the American public to realize that they still have all the power in the US Constitution? That they can nominate and elect people that they see as the best candidates instead of the lesser of two evils.

Sounds to me like a better plan than saying "eff it", let's give the country over to the military and hope the highest general doesn't go mad with power and just become a dictator.
edit on 3-7-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Ah the Mic mythos made in China, and the EU most hyped imo other opinions will vary.

What? Face palm time..........

Ever heard of Pres. Dwight D Eisenhower? He coined the MIC in 1961...a republican. geeze!!

coursesa.matrix.msu.edu...

edit on 3-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Really??

Once again, maybe someone you trust that you nominate and get elected.

I already linked you showing you your "elections" are a farce.
Try again.
Ask Ron Paul if i am right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-7-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join