It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Y U no like military coups?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Really America why don't you like military coups?

Everything that is currently happening in Egypt our current leader,and other 'clerics' has done in spades. They personify a 'theocratic dictatorship'.

Government clerics picking winners, and losers, trampling on the constitution, representative of no interest other than the power of the almighy government for,of and by their own selfish ambitions,their own self wants, while the people get left blowing in the winds.

Anyone who doesn't believe in that almighty powerful 'benevolent' theocracy is 'stoned', 'ridiculed', spied on, denounced to be infidels,targets for their political beliefs, and the list of despotism goes on.

And those government 'clerics' will never falter, they will never yield, they will never quit until there is absolutely no power left in anyone's hands, but theirs.

Would a military coup change that?

Hell the only thing left we haven't tried elections are nothing, but new boss same as the old boss, and really 'revolution' seems so passe.

What most people fail to see that government has become a religion ripe with extremists.
edit on 3-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So, don't you think that a military dictatorship would be a bad thing? I see, so, your problem with the US is TOO MUCH freedom. I see now. Now I understand your endless angst.

Libya comes to mind. Is that the kind of government you would want to run the US?

What most people fail to see that government has become a religion ripe with extremists.

That's why I don't vote for TEA Party candidates.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wait. I thought the military already owned the government. Wouldn't that mean the coup already happened a long time ago?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

So, don't you think that a military dictatorship would be a bad thing?

Did I say that?

No?

As opposed the dictatorship we presently have?

I see, so, your problem with the US is TOO MUCH freedom. I see now. Now I understand your endless angst

Such an awesome strawman.

That's why I don't vote for TEA Party candidates.

Such awesome political trolling.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Military coups are awesome for others:

Cairo (CNN) -- Egypt's military deposed the country's first democratically elected president Wednesday night, installing the head of the country's highest court as an interim leader, the country's top general announced.

Just not here

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph
Wait. I thought the military already owned the government. Wouldn't that mean the coup already happened a long time ago?

Sort of....

www.collective-evolution.com...

as Zappa said....".politics is the entertainment arm of the military industrial complex"

The military in conjunction with the military contractors, arms merchants, weapons manufacturing, along with their representatives/lobbyist and the rest of the mega corps. that profit from war; pretty much call the shots in Washington. Obama dances to their tune as does the congress and house.
edit on 3-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As opposed the dictatorship we presently have?

Actually this is a Republic, not a dictatorship. You want a better government? Put forth a candidate that is better, or even better yet, run yourself, get yourself elected and be the change you wish to see.

But instead you seem to think that we need the military to take over and run the country, like that would somehow be better. Libya comes to mind and Gaddafi. That ended well for him didn't it?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Nope.

But a well regulated Militia could.

And a Military that backs a Militia.........and the people.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Actually this is a Republic, not a dictatorship

Oh?

Since when?

In a Repubic guns don't get banned,government doesn't get to rob peter to pay paul, or force people to buy corporate products or get spied on.

You want a better government? Put forth a candidate that is better, or even better yet, run yourself, get yourself elected and be the change you wish to see.

Sorry have better ethics, to ever become a politician.

But instead you seem to think that we need the military to take over and run the country, like that would somehow be better. Libya comes to mind and Gaddafi. That ended well for him didn't it?

Yet another strawman posed a question for discussion that TOTALLY gets misrepresented seems someone else is well suited for government work.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You already have a branch of the military/intelligence/corporate machine unaccountable and with greater power than your elected government.

You have already had a coup, you just didn't know it happened, and it wasn't for the people.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"The Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency, for these purposes they ought to be duly organized into Commands of the same formation... By keeping up in Peace 'a well regulated, and disciplined Militia,' we shall take the fairest and best method to preserve, for a long time to come, the happiness, dignity and Independence of our Country." (May 1, 1783) ~ General Washington

As it should be.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The problem with the US is too much freedom???
Are you serious??
Freedom to get spied on,freedom to get groped at airports or a government taken over by corporations.

What type of government would you prefer??
Your post is beyond ridiculous.

I have already proved that your elections aren't even real.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-7-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Why there is no military coup? well its mainly because there is no point of violence and death "just cause someone hate the current administration"...

Someone who is jumpy now might be ok with the next president.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a military dictatorship

I bet that would be alot more fair then the current government while still allowing the freedoms your constitutions allow.
Unlike your current government,they would stick to the constitution.
For the record...I agree with Neo and read it all.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree with Gen. Washington's assessment however America and it's citizens has morphed into something that he could never have dreamed of. A slothful, narcissistic, bunch of addicted to everything imaginable, [ ATS/www] easily distracted and manipulated citizenry that are only marginally aware of the entities controlling their very existence.

I offer as evidence....

www.youtube.com...

For the record I respect my opponents on ATS more than most of the yahoos on the street.
edit on 3-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Let me ask you what good could possibly come from a military coup?

So, we obliterate the current system, and for what? A military dictatorship? If not that, then what, a power vacuum in which corporations literally vomit money into the pockets of whatever faction will suit their best interests?

Revolution is not the answer, especially in a nation like ours. Change will come with time, or so one would hope. Once this despicable generation dies out, so will their backwards ideologies and incessant warmongering. The people of the world have never been made so aware of the atrocities their governments commit, and you can thank dissemination of information through the internet and especially social media for that.

I'm just saying, nothing lasts.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I bet that would be alot more fair then the current government while still allowing the freedoms your constitutions allow.

I'm no real fan of the current state of our government, but I would gladly take Obama over some military dictatorship. History shows military dictatorships usually don't end well.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

That's not a bet I am willing to take having to live in the country ran by the military. For you up in Canada it's a sweet deal, for us, maybe not so much.

Unlike your current government,they would stick to the constitution.

I highly doubt that.

For the record...I agree with Neo and read it all.

Then please, go live in N Korea for a while, and report back what a utopia it is.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

If the question was asked...who do you trust more??
Do you trust your hijacked (by corporations) government or men who would give their lives for your freedom...I choose the latter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join