It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawthorne police kill dog dog during arrest of owner

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Awaiting the rest of the thread that will probably just be
the peta people

I agree that this dog did appear a bit aggressive.

My current dog happens to be overfriendly, and I wonder what I'll do if it were shot up. Even though there is no wondering.

I just came up with an idea. They want to shoot our dogs? Let's not have any pets at all. That should keep the payroll a little light over at the cop shop.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i dont know about you guys but if someone shot my dog id loose my #
doesnt matter on the breed or the size of a pet you own
my dog is not even a pet but a family member
i have friends and fam. turn up just to see the phat fella waddle around cause he puts a smile on ppls faces
now seen that vid i was crazy furious seen the dog shot
for those of you dont have pets (you wouldnt understand)
i am so outraged over this

that dog was there to protect its owner
THE #EN USELESS PIGS HAD NO #EN CLUE WHAT THEY WERE DOING
I dont wish bad many ppl but that #ER :B
SCOTT SWAIN) CELL: (310) 345 2348:B: deserves it all

Sorry guys had to take it out somewhere

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is the worst video of police corruption have seen in a long time,it made my blood boil.

Arresting a man for no real reason,is it so hard to simply tell him to step back,turn down the music.
But No the world police had to get a hard on by killing something, F#&king their coworkers up the ass isnt doing it anymore. The dog wasnt going to bite the officers because there was nothing to grab onto, their balls had shrivels up long ago.

Those of you who think im just a police hater, well yes i am this time, the man did nothing wrong legally, the only ones to do wrong where the police who falsely arrested unlawfully trumped up charge,and shooting a dog because the officers were all amputees without arms who could not grab the dog by the collar to take it back to the car.

Also coincidentally there was a solar storm that stopped their tazers working and a localized dust storm that stopped their pepper spray from working, also fungal spores in the lawn that makes only police officers hallucinate and make dogs look like terrorist with a gun, also, also, also, also, also, also it seems also is the police new excuse word when they obviously did the wrong thing, also.

Dont make excuses for the police, three big tough guys cant handle one dog without a gun, no EXCUSE. Unless they are sick and evil like the ball-less coward with a hard-on who shot the dog.

These incidents are happening more and more, unless obama gets a handle on the sort of training and guidelines these police officers follow then terrorist will keep attacking america, you cant be an example to the world if your not being a good example of civil rights and good police work.

If this happened here in Australia, there would be an out cry and the prime minister would be forced to do a review of the training of the police in Australia and create better guidelines, But no, nothing changes no national police reform or any word because nothing changes if nothing changes, u guys just accept it as just life, dog eat dog or dog eat police, but we dont, we dont want to live in a world where that is just how it goes, thats why we make changes to prevent this being the new reality, but you just give up to evil and bow down to it and make excuses for accepting it like there is no option but this was their only option, there is no only options, no final solution. We know where this leads when we accept evil as the only option. The jews should not have been in germany if they didnt want to get gassed, is the way people believe that this man should have not been videoing the police, the police where the good guys and the nazis must have been too!!!!!!! Dont intimidate the police if you dont want death.

The world follows america as a guideline on democracy and civil rights, so u have to be on extra good behaviour.

Justifying the police actions is the same as justifying hitler, im sure there were some good germans but he wasnt one of them and what he did was wrong, what those police officers did was wrong but im sure there are some good police, but like hitler we must face up to evil, i dont want to see anymore of these american police brutality videos. Life is not dog eat dog,when you accept that and help each other,this stuff would not happen, the police officer would have helped the guy out by politely asking him to move on back so he doesnt get hurt by any stuff that might go down. its not a us and them world its a us and us world. When you accept that the world will change.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Id love to see these cops soaked in steak juices and put in a room naked with a few dozen Rotties. Seriously.

Just pathetic in every way.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

Not every dog will attack that comes up to you. Most of the time its all bark and no bite. The cop had other options besides using firearm. I think most cops get off on shooting dogs, its like they do it to punish the owner and to send a message.

No its the fear instilled into them during training that makes them shoot first ask questions later.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Id love to see these cops soaked in steak juices and put in a room naked with a few dozen Rotties. Seriously.

I'm sure you would have wrestled the 100lb rotty with your bare hands and saved the day, right? Not sure if you noticed, but the officer attempted to grab its leash/collar to control it. When he did, the dog lunged at him. I'd shoot it too, if I had no other option. (Not even considering there's a hostage situation happening behind the officers)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Great, so you agree that they are that easy to provoke into an attack.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Until there is tape around the area it is not a crime scene.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

When trained to do so, absolutely. When in a pack mentality, absolutely. Or, when their master is in danger, as is the case here, absolutely.

Pretty pathetic attempt at justification.

I hope this man gets VERY rich from this. And I hope those cops get to work transit security for the rest of their lives (not that they even deserve that good of a job)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
reply to post by subfab

lol are you serious?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

I'm sure you would have wrestled the 100lb rotty with your bare hands and saved the day, right? Not sure if you noticed, but the officer attempted to grab its leash/collar to control it. When he did, the dog lunged at him. I'd shoot it too, if I had no other option. (Not even considering there's a hostage situation happening behind the officers)
Naw, I would have done my job, which is NOT to arrest someone for videotaping in the first place. It is not illegal to record in a public place, no matter how much the pig-apologists try to justify it.

Had they not overstepped their bounds as cops, none of this would have happened. It was their fault. Period.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
reply to post by subfab

What? It's called obstruction. You don't need tape.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Naw, I would have done my job, which is NOT to arrest someone for videotaping in the first place. It is not illegal to record in a public place, no matter how much the pig-apologists try to justify it.

Had they not overstepped their bounds as cops, none of this would have happened. It was their fault. Period.

They didn't overstep their bounds. They justifiably arrested him for obstructing police. There's a hostage situation going on and this guy is yelling about his amendment rights while the police are trying to negotiate someones release. He can film all he wants, like other people were, but HE overstepped HIS BOUNDS and was interfering. Look at all the other people filming in the video. They weren't arrested.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

They didn't overstep their bounds. They justifiably arrested him for obstructing police. There's a hostage situation going on and this guy is yelling about his amendment rights while the police are trying to negotiate someones release. He can film all he wants, like other people were, but HE overstepped HIS BOUNDS and was interfering. Look at all the other people filming in the video. They weren't arrested.
Not illegal to yell in a public place either. He was not in their way, he did not hinder them from doing their job in any way.

I cant believe how willing people are to defend this crap. no wonder things are as they are.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

When trained to do so, absolutely. When in a pack mentality, absolutely. Or, when their master is in danger, as is the case here, absolutely.

Pretty pathetic attempt at justification.

I hope this man gets VERY rich from this. And I hope those cops get to work transit security for the rest of their lives (not that they even deserve that good of a job)

As the person said above, the owner is to blame for his dogs death. It's a sad situation, but if the animal you are responsible for tries to attack an armed police officer, you are to blame. It's obvious whats going to happen here. He will be charged, he may even be charged for the animal attacking the officer, and he'll have a bunch of fines for being a moron. As he should. He won't get a dime out of anyone for his actions.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror
reply to post by Superhans

Of course the dog jumped at the cop, the cop stepped too close it. Dogs are loyal and faithful to their humans and he was trying to protect his human. That cop should have stayed away and the second cop that had the owner in custody should have stepped in.

Ummm sorry but no.

For the record I am one of those "Everything the cops do it wrong people", but in this case, they are right.

The man was being arrested and was asked to put his dog in the car. That means secure your dog. The dog jumped out the car, jumped towards a cop, and for it was shot. That's how it goes.

There is no excuse for that officer's behavior. Fearing for your life is one thing, but coming out of nowhere and pulling a weapon on that dog when it didn't understand what was happening to his human wasn't the right course of action.

A dog is a dog. I am a huge animal lover, but the fact is a dog is going to do what dogs do. It does not matter if the dog did not understand what was happening to it's human. Are Police expected to sit with the dog and explain it? Seriously, this suggesting you are making is simply ridiculous.

All they had to do was let the owner talk to his dog.

They were arresting guy. If Police don't let a person who is being arrested stop and talk to family or friends, what makes you think they would let the guy talk to his dog? All the Cops HAD to do in this case, was arrest the guy. They asked him to secure the dog and he failed. It's the owners fault this dog got shot.

Oh yeah, and arresting him for taping them was unlawful and they know it. I grew up in east LA and have witnessed scenes like that before where there were multiple cops standing around with a few dozen bystanders looking on and a few videotaping, I have never seen officers act like that. This was also in the 80's and 90's, before the cops primary duty was to fight "terrorism."

Arrested for filming? Did you even read the article? The guy was arrested cause he pulled up to a scene where Police had a residence surrounded and were trying to catch 2 armed robbers. He pulled up with his music blaring and refused to turn down the music so police could hear what was going on with an obviously serious situation. This is why he was arrested... not for filming.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You read the article or watch the video? Im guessing you didn't, unless you purposely argue the wrong points all the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Not illegal to yell in a public place either. He was not in their way, he did not hinder them from doing their job in any way.

I cant believe how willing people are to defend this crap. no wonder things are as they are.

Your last sentence is a bit of a cop out. But whatever, I'll let you end it like that. If you're yelling at police while they're negotiating a hostages release, and they find it is obstructing their duties, then its justified. Oh and if you don't like it, move to another country.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join