It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawthorne police kill dog dog during arrest of owner

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes he used his awesome telekinesis power to put himself in handcufs. This superpowers seems quite big with this guy. Must be a jedi or something.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Once again, even if the dog was in a car, he failed to consider it jumping out and left the windows too far down, his fault again.

I keep my dog leashed to a headrest to make sure it doesn't jump out of the car while I'm busy with stuff and not watching.

I go out on "Trouble Making Missions" occasionally, as in carrying a camera around to get some footage of randomness, and considered many times taking my dog along.

Just in case something like this would occur I left the dog at home, for the good of the dog.

It's the same as having a kid along, many of the considerations are identical.

It's one thing to enjoy your liberties, and completely another to be stupid about it.

If you are aware enough of your surroundings and consider what they may potentially present, you can avoid a lot of issues

Consider the remote possibility (yeah remote LOL) that someone may not respect your rights, they might not grant you your right of way, they might not like dogs...........

Take everything into consideration.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I read you and copy your sentiment. The dog owner should be punished for creating the situation. I disagree that the owner should get what the dog was given. I think the dog should not have been shot with a lethal weapon. Police should have more non-;lethal weapons available in their arsenal and be encouraged to use them. These quick decsions to spray lead at everything the cop finds scary is happening far too frequently.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
reply to post by PsykoOps

Once again, even if the dog was in a car, he failed to consider it jumping out and left the windows too far down, his fault again.

He wasn't counting on being assaulted in broad daylight. He probably was expecting the police to actually follow the law and be told to turn the music off, or at worst get written a ticket for it.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Seems like this situation could have been handled much better. By both parties...(If the account of him swearing at the police is accurate). Instigating them is not the right approach, whether or not they handled it well after.

At the same time, they are supposed to be professionals. Discontent with LEOs is only exacerbated when the react like this to people giving them attitude.

Rosby believes they are out to get any black people in the neighbourhood, and while he might have 'poked the bull'
by swearing at them and not shutting his music off, them arresting him shows they have no control. Thin skin. And probably shouldn't be wearing the badge.

edit on 4-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Wow I just saw this on rt and I think that cop needs to be fired and brought up on charges..

I think the owner should have just turned the music down and shut his mouth, if he had his dog would still be alive

With that being said the dog did not have to die , hell mailmen and meter readers get barked at and lunged at all the damn time by dogs and none of them end up flopping around on the pavement from being shot 4 times..

IMO it shows this cop would shoot first and ask questions later in just about any situation and is absolutely not fit to be a cop..

you have to exhaust all your other option before using lethal force, those cops were in no danger of being killed so lethal force was completely unnecessary

God dam I wish I had not watched that video
edit on 4-7-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

With that being said the dog did not have to die , hell mailmen and meter readers get barked at and lunged at all the damn time by dogs and none of them end up flopping around on the pavement from being shot 4 times..

Ever seen the videos of UK police, no guns, apprehending armed suspects? There was one, the officer took a slash to the face. The two officers subdued the gentleman, and he would now be facing some very serious charges. Those guys are truly heroes. It's quite easy to say they are putting their lives on the line. (Can you say that about a quick drawing, tazer/handgun-armed officer ready to arrest or shoot at the first sight of movement?)

They go into some pretty hectic situations and their best means to resolve the issue is to handle it best they can by controlling someone's behaviour, all without weapons.

I understand they have units in the UK that are armed... But I think my point here is they have many that aren't, and they somehow find a way to do their job. And they somehow find a way to get home without being murdered in cold blood at astounding numbers. Truly amazing. And they deserve respect, even if people are slow to give it.

I think it's awful hard to say the same about their counterparts when you see videos like these.

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by boncho

lol nice edit
AMAZING

I made the mistake of not reading the article and only watching the video. I admit.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I am in no way saying the cops don't need guns, the cops here have to be armed because all the criminals are armed

The problem is the police just cover for each other, say it's justified .

When idiot cops like this pull their gun and fire 4 shots in a residential neighborhood with lots of people standing around because a dog barked at him, they need to fire them, and make an example out of them, and let it be known that it will not be tolerated. Maybe they will stop thinking they can just pull out their guns and start shooting whenever they want..

I'm so pissed that video really got to me lol

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I found it equally disturbing. I replayed it frame by frame and saw exactly where it escalated:

The officer handling him starts pushing into his back, (it seems the gentleman was pushing his arms out to the side, he might be asking about his dog, voicing a complaint, I have no idea.) It is in this moment however, the second officer who is carrying the rifle, raises his arm up, as if he is about to hit him, he grabs and then pushes into him. It may not seem very violent, but it is these short-aggresive bursts that encourage the dog to jump out the window and act defensively.

What we have here is a case of a dog protecting his owner, and dying over it. Dogs truly are man's best friend.

In this case, all it may have taken was a very modicum of tact, to have not provoked the dog. In which case they would not have received the viral punishing they have over this.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
From 10,000 views to 4 million now. Very heated issue here. Anonymous has issued a video threat to the Hawthorne Police.

Anonymous threatens Hawthorne Police

edit on 7/5/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Completely ridiculous. I am 100% against police brutality in any form, and this was NOT police brutality. The dog attacked the officers. That is a rottweiler, not a poodle. I would have shot the dog too if I was that officer 10 out of 10 times.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

And people like you are what's wrong with this world. Lethal force should be the last option. This so called "man" had a taser and pepper spray on his belt just as accessible as his gun. Problem is he is trigger happy and joined up to shoot stuff, he saws the opportunity and took it. I see my mailman brave meaner dogs than this on a daily basis with just a can of pepper spray. I spoke with him about this incident and he agree with the majority here, this is unacceptable police behavior. The man should have never been cuffed in the first place, they should have sent him on his way with a warning for being annoying, no criminal acts were committed, I saw no Police line tape indicating an area the public aren't allowed at the moment, etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A K9 officer wouldn't have needed a gun to deal with that incident. Not because they are supermen and women, but because they have a knowledge of dog behaviour. Cops who are fearful of dogs shouldn't even be allowed a gun.

edit on 6-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

A K9 officer wouldn't have needed a gun to deal with that incident. Not because they are supermen and women, but because they have a knowledge of dog behaviour. Cops who are fearful of dogs shouldn't even be allowed a gun.

edit on 6-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

Well that wasn't a K9 Officer, was it? What was he/she supposed to do? Call it in and let a rotti chew on 'em for a bit while they waited for the dog whisperer unit to show up? Give me a break. Some people will use anything no matter how asinine to bash police.

This was 100% justified.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

If every cop was rotated through a stint in K9 handling, it'd help officers familiarise themselves with the behaviour of all sizes of dogs and their vulnerabilities, as well as weeding out all the cops who are going to go into meltdown and pull out a firearm because somebody's friendly doberman hasn't been trained to sit on command.

A few years back, after my old mixed-breed had died, I was asked by a neighbour of my parents if I could walk her rotty, as it was too strong for her to handle safely anymore. I'd had a rotty before so I already liked the breed and said I'd do it. First time, I walked her all around the local neighbourhood and ended up in a park with a chain-link fenced area. As there was no other people or dogs about within viewing distance, I decided to see what she was like off the lead. I was having pleasing results with "stay" and "here" commands, and I'd got to about a 50 yd stretch between us when, before I'd said anything she came hurtling towards me. As she got closer, I realised she wasn't slowing down and watched as she sped past me in the direction of the perimeter fencing about 100yds away.

I then spotted the woman walking the dog that she had seen and thought "OMG!" and went tearing after her calling her name. Luckily, there was no way for her to get through the fence and she was just having a barking fit at the dog on the other side. I walked straight up to her, grabbed her collar and pulled her away from the fence. Immediately she tried to bite at my grabbing arm and I just shook her neck and said "NO!" in my best "Seriously, don't even think about it!" voice and she flinched and packed her alpha status posturing in instantly.

I'd have no hesitation in doing the exact same thing in the situation that cop faced, especially if I knew that if the dog turned out to be completely beyond control, I had the equipment to end the threat quickly.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

What was he/she supposed to do? Call it in and let a rotti chew on 'em for a bit while they waited for the dog whisperer unit to show up? Give me a break. Some people will use anything no matter how asinine to bash police.

If this is justified I don't know how my mail ever gets delivered....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

the dog needed shot,
it was interferring with an arrest.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

What was he/she supposed to do? Call it in and let a rotti chew on 'em for a bit while they waited for the dog whisperer unit to show up? Give me a break. Some people will use anything no matter how asinine to bash police.

If this is justified I don't know how my mail ever gets delivered....

Fail, outside of TV land postal workers are not actually attacked by dogs daily. If the dog does attack them the dog can be put down because of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
By the way, what was the genius figuring to do with the dog when he put it into a car in the summer, before screwing with the cops to get himself arrested? Anyone noticed? It's a bit hot out there just recently. This guy just wasn't very bright, all the way around.

The shooting occurred on June 30 around 7:15 p.m
6:53 PM 78.1 °F
www.wunderground.com...

Perfect weather to drive a dog around!!!

+ It was the cops who where screwing around with him, not the other way around!

edit on 12-7-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join