It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's military gives politicians a 48-hour ultimatum

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by KeliOnyx

i'm just pointing out the obvious. it was an emotional reaction, for an emotional situation. i agree that it isn't exactly the fault of the US if the people voted for the wrong guy, or not enough voters showed up to vote. but this is all new to egypt. first ever, democratically elected president. that's a pretty big deal.

pretty sure they were rigged to kingdom come otherwise NATO would not be giving financial assistance and weapons in the first place. If USA does not gain something then they "play ignore". Russia is no saint either but after the collapse of the soviet union they have improved vastly.

it wasn't about egypt, it was about the entire middle east. if that is not suspect then nothing is!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
But as to these protests, Morsi won't go quietly. Yes, the anti-crowd has the numbers but it appears that the pro-Morsi people have the weapons (and yes, there are plenty of people who support the Muslim Brotherhood)

Not to mention the F-16s and 200 tanks that Obama recently gave Egypt. Who is in control of those? No civil war in Egypt - don't be so sure of that.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

lil Confused here, isn't the army on-side with the protesters who are against morsi and the MB?
Which would pit MB against Egypt army,protesters?
which would mean the protesters get the fancy f-16's and shiny new tanks?
edit on 2-7-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Armies aren't the end all be all anymore in these types of situations. Just about any counter operation has learned how to fight a stronger opponent. Just take a look at Iraqi and Afghanistan.....have the bombings stopped?

The situation over there isn't anything like a lot of us are used to. It just isn't partisan politics - strong words yelled at each other. People are more then willing to die for what they believe in. The Muslim Brotherhood and their supporters won't just bow and give up without a fight. Just read some of the tweets I posted, take a look at the videos. The fighting has already started, dozens are dead and hundreds are wounded....reports are coming in that women trying to go to the protests are getting attacked and raped. This is very real folks.....and there are plenty of pro-Morsi / MB protestors.

Also, like I said - the Suez Canal - a vital cog in the global oil production. Take that out of the picture and watch and see what happens.
edit on 2-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Between Syria and now Egypt the MB has it's work cut out me thinks

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hosni Mubarak wasn't perfect but compared to this lunatic he's ten times better. He was a friend to both the US and Israel. It's a shame that our president turned his back on him.

I'm not supporting dictatorships but this whole mess is the result of "fire, aim, ready".

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

pro-Morsi protestor manning barricades at Cairo University

Fighting taking place at the University:

Police Officer getting beaten at Cairo University:

Alastair Beach ‏@Alastair_Beach 1h twitter.com...
Several barricades have now been erected in street,
bonfires burning,
continuous gunfire

Not saying I want a civil war in Egypt, I just saying it is foolhardy to think it won't happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I completely agree with you , i don't think there is a soul on ATS that wants to see this happen, question is because of its proximity to Israel will the US be forced to act? now we have two wars on Israel's doorstep.interesting times.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Does it really matter if you feel people are intelligent enough or not to understand......the point is what do the people think right at this moment.....and right now Obama isn't winning any support for the US in Egypt right now:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Will leave you with two more tweets showing how bad this could get before heading to dreamland:

Al Kurdi ‏@AhmetAlKurdi 2m

@NDiwany @gelhaddad @SalemMansour @bencnn I believe the lives of those #tahrir have no sanctity and can be spilled if neccecary!

Adham Hafez ‏@adhamhafez 7m

The Islamists Group 'Gamaa Islameyya' called upon its supporters to move to #Cairo University to support the pro #morsi crowds

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Never been to the east coast

I expect an emergency meeting from the UN over the next 24/48 hrs.
this could quickly get out of control
Think it would be prudent for American and Canadian's and all those concerned in Egypt to quietly start evac to safer areas over the next 24/48hrs, best advice I can give.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
glenn beck thinks it's gonna result in an even more radical replacement.
www.video.theblaze.com...
not sure i agree with him on that. most of the people who are fussing, don't look like radicals to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ya well my nephew though Osama bin laden looked like Santa clause,after he found out he was purposefully bad last year

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
who is the al nor (not sure how to spell it) party?
were they the ones running against morsi during the election ?
edit on 2-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

who is the al nor (not sure how to spell it) party?
were they the ones running against morsi during the election ?

Al-nour is a party that previously supported the Muslim brotherhood during the elections, but after the MB came to power, Al-nour said that they want nothing to do with the MB because they have shown their true colors.

Al-nour is an Islamic party they are not extremists they are moderate rational Muslims. They were fooled by the brotherhood.

Al-nour now is neither pro-mursi nor anti-mursi. They are just spectators.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

how are you doing over there? how far are you from the protests? how's your family?
anything new happening? you were concerned earlier that the mb would open fire on the protestors enmasse. how many hours left before the military gets involved?

what true colors did the mb show ?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to post by ozoman

how are you doing over there? how far are you from the protests? how's your family?
anything new happening? you were concerned earlier that the mb would open fire on the protestors enmasse. how many hours left before the military gets involved?

what true colors did the mb show ?

My family and I are doing fine, thank you for asking.

I am around 20 km from the protest that I participate in at the moment. The one I go to is safer then the others, we have people from the protesters forming a police force, wearing special clothes and searching people before allowing them near the protests. We also have the local doctors in case anything happens and we have free meals and drinks.

I am worried about the other protests in the other places, I think my area is the safest. The other areas have already seen gunfire even before the official start of the protests. The protests official started on the 30th June, but they were being shot at since the 28th. The protesters are using lasers to disorient and blind the shooters in an attempt to minimize any deaths and injuries.

As far as anything new, we can't tell because no news channels are working atm, 3-4 hours from now, we will start getting regular news updates. from 2-3 am until 9-10 am we pretty much have no way of knowing if there is anything new happening, unless you are at one of the squares or watching a live stream, but the cameras are pretty far and you cant see any details if anything was to happen.

The news channels started showing replays 3 or so hours after the speech, because its their closing time. All I know is that there are conflicts at Cairo university and as i mentioned before 6 were killed and 200 injured. There is a video in an earlier post from the university.

The military's 48 hour time limit will run out in around 10 hours.

Their true colors, they are nothing but an organization of criminals who want power and authority, they lie deceive and hide behind the name of Islam even tho they in no way shape or form represent Islam. They are tricking the uneducated parts of Egypt in the name of Islam to join them. They are convincing them to go and do "jihad" in the name of Islam. I am a Muslim myself like a lot of Egyptians, and the MB really just gives us a bad name. They called themselves "Muslim" to appeal to the uneducated parts of Egypt and the people who don't know much about Islam. The Al-nour party realized this after the brotherhood came to power, and said they are not with them.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ozo,

thanks for such an informative post, and i'm glad to hear you're in a safe area and your family as well. do you have any idea who the people want to be the next president? or has no one discussed it? think you could guess? ten hours, that's a ways to go still.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

ozo,

thanks for such an informative post, and i'm glad to hear you're in a safe area and your family as well. do you have any idea who the people want to be the next president? or has no one discussed it? think you could guess? ten hours, that's a ways to go still.

People here are not discussing who they want next, everyone is more focused on the now and here. If the anti-MB protests fail, then there will be no elections, Mursi will stay and there will not be any future protests again. The protests against Mubarak broke the barrier of fear the people had. Egyptians will not sit around anymore if the government is corrupt and doesn't provide the people with their needs. They took Mubarak down they can take the MB. If we fail, then the barrier of fear will come back again, and we will be living under the rule of the Muslim brotherhood for a long time.

I would say we are more focused on taking him down.
If I was to take a guess, I would say it would to be an organized and known party possibly Al-nour but then again Egypt doesn't want a leader to be an Islamic party so its really hard to guess at this point.

edit on 3-7-2013 by ozoman because: spelling

edit on 3-7-2013 by ozoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 3-7-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join