It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Ima kill me a [snipped]: Death threats against George Zimmerman, random white people explode duri

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why does it seem like for every step forward, we take 5 steps back?

It could have been different. It could have been a dream fulfilled...

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Unfortunately, you will find neither heart-genuine, across the board equality nor a nation that has finally set aside primitive prejudices in exchange for colorblindness. We did begin the journey well but were veered hard astray with skewed concepts like political correctness, that... instead of correcting what was wrong, just relocated the malfunction.

edit on 29-6-2013 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Who says that it's socially acceptable to hate white people?

Double standard. Paul Deen got in trouble for saying the 'n' word. But people are giving Trayvon Martin a free pass with his 'crazy ass cracker' racial slur.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't think he is getting a free pass. He is dead.
Also, I think he called him a creepy ass cracker.

I probably wouldn't have used the racial slur, but it is pretty obvious Zimmerman acted like a creep that night.

ETA: furthermore, Zimmerman used his own choice words that night, did he not?
The racial divide is alive and well right here it appears.
edit on 29-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by beezzer
But with the recent events with Paula Deen, I see a dichotomy here. I guess it's just socially acceptable to hate on whitey.

Hate is hate. Racism is racism. Bigotry is bigotry.

I agree with you here, it's ugly and uncalled for anyway it is sliced.

Yep .. people were upset with Paul Deen ... (and rightly so IMHO) ... but then they gave Martin a free pass for his 'crazy ass cracker' racial slur. Supposedly it was horrid of Dean, but Martin gets a free pass because his great great grandpappy was probably a slave.

I don't agree here Paula Deen did nothing to merit her loss of endorsements. Her personal views are her own to have. The only thing that should matter is if the court finds her personal views in fact created a hostile work environment. Losing endorsements on her personal views years ago is intolerable, If you do not give people room to grow and change their views then fighting inequality and intolerance is pointless. Losing her endorsements because the court finds her personal views created a hostile work environment is a different matter.

On that same note what Mr. Martin said to his friend on the phone, while ugly and just as wrong doesn't change the facts or questions of the case. He was not the adult, he was not the one playing vigilante and he was not the one with the gun. Mr. Zimmerman is on trial not for what he said or his personal views, he is on trial because a young man is dead and his actions informed by his personal views may be directly responsible for it.

Those posts you referenced are just as evil and disgusting as when people in the KKK use the 'n' word. Actually, the posts you are referencing are worse ... they carry death threats of random people based on skin color. That's barbaric.

Agree completely.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I haven't really paid attention to this trial, but am I missing something here, or are we referring to the NBC hack job of the 911 call?It's an honest question.
edit on 29-6-2013 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Endorsements do not follow the same set of rules as workplace fairness laws.

It is up to the COMPANY ENDORSING THE INDIVIDUAL to determine if they want to continue to endorse said person.

Obviously those companies made the savvy business move to cut ties with an admitted bigot.

It makes perfect sense.
I would have dropped her too.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I don't think he is getting a free pass. He is dead.

That's a separate issue. He isn't dead because he used the racial slur 'creepy ass cracker'. And his followers are indeed giving him a free pass and refusing to acknowledge that Martin was using an anti-white racial slur.

Also, I think he called him a creepy ass cracker.

Sworn witness testimony from the prosecution witness .... Martins last known words were 'creepy ass cracker', which he used on the phone when talking to Jeanette.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Well, I don't think the words Zimmerman used should be repeated here. They were vulgar.

I don't know where they came from, but I am assuming the 9-11 call. The prosecution brought them up in opening remarks.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
I don't agree here Paula Deen did nothing to merit her loss of endorsements. Her personal views are her own to have.

She's a celebrity sales person .. and she's selling herself. So I can understand why she lost endorsements. They dont' want to be associated with someone who uses/used ugly language. However, I don't think all this is going to hurt her much. A year from now she'll be back to pre-scandal status ... IMHO.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
George Zimmerman does not represent every white person, and Trayvon Martin does not represent all black people. If Zimmerman is found not guilty, things will probably get ugly...I can easily foresee agent provocation and martial law coming to the USA.

I agree with everything else you've said, but jumping to the "martial law" thing is just pointless. I can imagine there might be some social unrest, but it's not going to be anywhere near enough to justify martial law.

As for the OP, I've seen these a few times, people weeding out the crazies and compiling them all together to make it look as though it's a "general consensus". It's not.

You can find loud-mouthed ignoramuses in every group of people, and carefully selecting the most abhorrent statements made for a blog post is nothing more than propaganda.

It would be interesting to see how many more thousands of tweets there are by sane and intelligent black people who are looking at the case in its entirety and not simply on a race issue.

But then adding all those sane tweets into a blog post won't have the same effect of the example given, would it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

No .. he did not. Source - Sworn testimony from witness' in the trial. Zimmerman did not use any racial slurs. It was Martin who used the racial slurs that night. Crazy ass cracker.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If the dude is pursuing the guy at night with a gun in hand and calling him a bleepin' bleep while on the phone with the police, what words do you think he had for Martin when he finally caught up to him?

Why is the focus on what Martin said and not what Zimmerman said?

Bias is apparent here. Don't act like the epitome of racial equality here.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think the comments are just a reflection of a growing part of society that feels they have the power to express themselves any way they see fit and not have to be held accountable for what they say. Each and every one of these comments should be investigated to let these individuals know that stupidity does come with a cost.

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't disagree, she has a little rough road ahead, but she is still marketable. Nothing in this country merits forgiveness like your ability to make money. And really I think she did herself more harm with her apology videos, than anything else. If she had come out more clear and professional the fallout probably wouldn't have been so bad.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

While some (most) of the twitter comments are disturbing, I can't say it's totally unexpected. Since the beginnings of the the internet there have existed people who will say the most horrible things, make the most outrageous threats and use the most foul language- all from the safety of their homes sitting behind a keyboard. If one of these people encountered a 6' tall, 250lb "cracker" they would probably walk past with their eyes to the ground and do absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by muse7

Are you suggesting the Government round up everyone that says those stupid things on twitter?

Can you point out where I might have suggested that?

Then what exactly do you want us to do about some stupid twitter posts? You're obviously taking them way too seriously.
edit on 6/29/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If the dude is pursuing the guy at night with a gun in hand and calling him a bleepin' bleep while on the phone with the police, what words do you think he had for Martin when he finally caught up to him?

So you're basing your position off of what you think Zimmerman might have said once he caught up to him?The focus is on what both individuals said, not one or the other. And, as far as I can see, it shows both had a possible predisposition for violence.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Thanks to our friends at the NSA and ISPs, if any of those people who posted actually kill someone then they have provided evidence of premeditation for murder.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If the dude is pursuing the guy at night with a gun in hand and calling him a bleepin' bleep while on the phone with the police,

There was nothing from the police or the prosecution about Zimmerman calling Martin any racial slurs. Nothing in the sworn court testimony or the forensic evidence. None of it has been presented in court.

what words do you think he had for Martin when he finally caught up to him?

You are interjecting your own thoughts and bias into the situation.

because apparently Zimmerman didn't say any racial slurs. The prosecution has already put the police on the stand and there was no tape recording of Zimmerman using any kind of racial slurs. none

Yes .. your bias is apparent. What you are accusing Zimmerman of didn't happen.
And you refuse to acknowledge that Martin was a racist.

The only racist slurs being tossed about that night were from Martin. Anti-white racial slurs.
And now Beezzer has posted the anti-white racial slurs that are being posted online.
Anti-white racial slurs .... and death threats.
And yet Zimmerman wasn't the one spewing racist crap that night.
those quoted by Beezzer are racist idiots. Pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
TV is the biggest instigator of them all.

They put on shows everyday that pokes fun at every race.

We have shows like "Swamp People", "Jersey Shore", "Redneck Island", "Duck Dynasty","Cops","Bait Car", "Hardcore Pawn".

TV makes everyone look dumb and retarded.

TV makes people think its ok to be racist.
If you want to see the true black character do watch"Hardcore Pawn"for a taste of reality.I was jumped by a black gang at the Kalamazoo train station by 8 gang members in broad daylight.I almost lost my life from blood loss and am now PERMANENTLY disabled and had my state provided helper taken on the lies of my caseworker(black)his supervisor(coincedentely black)and am now fighting in court.So PLEASE don't try to justify the poor,misunderstood black people to me.There is no difference from the black violence in Detroit, Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids.I was denied a gun permit because I'm pretty sure tptb know damn well I'd use it.#####snipped#####
edit on Sat Jun 29 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join