It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Ima kill me a [snipped]: Death threats against George Zimmerman, random white people explode duri

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

TM would have been charged with a misdemeanor battery offense. I was beaten up much more severely than ZG this past May and that is the offense my attacker was charged with.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Then your husband isn't 225....

Peyton Manning is 6'5" and weighs 230 Pounds.

Tom Brady is 6'4" and weights 225 pounds.

So either you don't know how much your husband weighs, as 6'2" 225 is extremely beefy, or you have an unusual definitiion of "scrawny".

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by poet1b

TM would have been charged with a misdemeanor battery offense. I was beaten up much more severely than ZG this past May and that is the offense my attacker was charged with.

Then you should have checked yourself into a hospital. Automatically a felony if you send someone to a hospital, even if for stiches, provided they press charges.

Also, the best fighters for their weight class are almost always taller than their competition. Anderson Silva and GSP for example. Anderson silva is 6'2" 185...
edit on 1-7-2013 by raifordko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by raifordko

Then your husband isn't 225....

Peyton Manning is 6'5" and weighs 230 Pounds.

Tom Brady is 6'4" and weights 225 pounds.

So either you don't know how much your husband weighs, as 6'2" 225 is extremely beefy, or you have an unusual definitiion of "scrawny".

LOL!! I guess i AM NOT SEEING MY BELOVED CLEARLY THEN! Woops dang caps lock again! You know everyone is different, I am not lying I actually have a very hard time lying and it is a rare thing for me to do I never do it lightly.

My Jimmy was once very muscular and 190lb he is 6.2 he now after many years at his present none physical occupation is 225 and has not and ounce of fat, nor muscle, on his arms or legs or tush, so I am having to assume it is all in the basketball looking tummy! He is still adorable to me.

I have a sister in Alaska, she is 5'2 and weights the same as the heavy weight champ of the world..huge guy! She is roundish but does not look huge at all...we are all different maybe he has fat around his organs or bones dense as lead lol!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

All evidence points to TM punching GZ for asking a question,

nope!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry, that's just not how it works....Yes, muscle weighs more than fat, but 6'2" 225 is beefy no matter how you slice it:

tnation.t-nation.com...

(The guy on the right in this one
www.doghouseboxing.com...

proelite.com...

Now all those links are guys who are IN SHAPE and are 6'2 225 LBS. Here is an image of a guy who is 6'2" 225 LBS and OUT OF SHAPE:

forum.bodybuilding.com...

So I am sorry, either your husband is NOT 225, or you have a highly unusual definition of scrawny and you think this is normal: world-beautifulwallpapers.blogspot.com...

I also never called you a liar, nor do I think you are. I simply think you are mistaken or have a skewed perception.

To give you an idea of how big 6' 160 LBS is:

www.bodybuilding.com...

bodyspace.bodybuilding.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by poet1b

All evidence points to TM punching GZ for asking a question,

nope!

Are you even watching the trial? Or just being racist for fun?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hate is a wasted emotion that only exists in the mind nothing good as every came from it.

Free at last free at last once one realizes that they will be free at last.
edit on 1-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by raifordko

I think what she was trying to say is he is physically scrawny but has a beer gut.

ie: mid-life out-of-shape.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

We have scales he weighs himself with me once a week...whatever!!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow! that is so clear and correct and thanks, just as I was feeling steamed for nothing worth getting so worked up over.

Originally posted by neo96
Hate is a wasted emotion that only exists in the mind nothing good as every came from it.

Free at last free at last once one realizes that they will be free at last.
edit on 1-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

How many stiches did you get?

Really depends on the situation.

What did the other guy look like?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My observations from this thread so far is that we have two types of arguments. Those based on law, facts and common sense and those based on wild assumptions, emotional responses and conjecture, all of which ignore Florida law and facts from the case. The problem with the latter is that these arguments are so easily disputed with facts. Facts are inconvenient and always ignored when a person has already closed their mind. False information is false information. You can't win an argument when facts aren't on your side, but still people try to sound informed when they're not or they still tout incorrect information in their arguments.

Let's break it down to the basics:

Fact - Florida law - "A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another..." and it goes on to list the various situations pertaining to household and property. If this law in fact covers a person being threatened near their home or in their neighborhood, then it's an open/shut case.

Fact - Zimmerman was beaten, had a broken nose. Evidence of violence against him, enough that any person could be in fear for their life.

If Zimmerman was jumped, as he says, and the law applies, he had every right to defend himself. If, in fact, he was beaten as the wounds show, and in fact he only pulled out his pistol when he noticed Martin was going for it, then he did in fact have fear for his life.

In the end, it's not up to us to decide guilt or innocence. That's what the jury is for. How some people can condemn with false information, not using facts and taking into consideration the laws in place, is beyond me.

I'm of the opinion that this is one of the biggest problems in society right now. Misinformed and willingly ignorant masses who don't care about facts, laws and truth, but rather emotion, perception and a fantasy that doesn't exist, no matter how hard you try to make it so.

How have we fallen so far as a country? I know the answers, but they're not for this discussion.

I leave you with my take on the death threats. The internet is a place where people think they can say and do anything without consequences. I truly believe if they were given the opportunity to speak those same threats in person that they would remain silent. To not take these kinds of threats seriously is a mistake. Given the way society has changed, I wouldn't put anything past anyone. We live in a day and age where ignorance is a badge of honor and mediocrity a goal of a whole illiterate generation.

If there is a God, I hope he helps us all.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This thread really saddened me for several reasons... As a casual reader/observer of ATS for several months now, I consider this a place of open, honest, unbiased and even vulnerable communication. And while I'm sure this is true a great many times, sadly this seems to not be one of them.

Race is a very painful subject in America for obvious reasons. Why should a white man who had nothing to do with slavery, segregation or any overt racism, be happy about being passed over for a job that will help him better provide for his family, and watch it go to a minority with lesser qualifications because of a diversity quota? Why should a black woman whose own parents faced de jure and de facto Jim Crow segregation suddenly feel as though America has lived up to its creed of equality when she still gets looks of disgust whenever she's out with her white husband? The examples can go on and on and on....

We are a sick nation when it comes to race! This trial scratches at that unhealed wound and evokes an emotional response out of many of us. You are likely being untruthful if you refuse to acknowledge your emotional reactions under the guise of objectivity. Acknowledging these biases and mistrusts is a big step in healing.

If your immediate reaction was to be skeptical of Trayvon, if you take race out of the situation (which sadly we cannot), really ask yourself if some stranger was chasing your 17 year old self down with no explanation, might your fight or flight instincts have kicked in as well? And if your bias is to blame violent black rap culture for Trayvon's bravado, might that same culture look like a logical product of hundreds of years of legalized bigotry (of which many of the perpetrators are still alive and well)?

If your reaction was to think Zimmerman was out of line, what if your neighborhood had been robbed several times putting not only your valuables, but the lives of your friends and family at risk... Might you be a little enthusiastic about doing everything in your power to not let it happen again? Statistically, blacks do have a higher crime rate, so is it racist to be a little wary of young black men? Vice-versa, historically, shouldn't Trayvon be a little wary of white authority figures?

So please do not allow your preconceived notions to blind you from sympathizing with different points of view. A young man on his way home with snacks lost his life, and another man seemingly trying to look out for his home and neighbors may lose his to the penitentiary. They weren't white, black, Hispanic or otherwise...just two people who probably wanted to share a laugh with their loved ones just like you.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by raifordko

Are you even watching the trial?

yes... though you seem to have only seen the defences case!

Or just being racist for fun?

youve called me racist in every post youve written
is there a mirror behind your latop? just wondering

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Ahem - and just about all your posts have dealt with how Zimmerman is guilty.

So how about this - Do you support those individuals who are posting on twitter that if Zimmerman gets a not guilty verdict that they are going to riot and / or kill a white person? Hey, I will even forget your "street justice" post.
edit on 2-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Freth

act - Zimmerman was beaten, had a broken nose. Evidence of violence against him, enough that any person could be in fear for their life.

Facts facts facts from everyone different. They never established a broken nose even.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

I think what she was trying to say is he is physically scrawny but has a beer gut.

ie: mid-life out-of-shape.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

Lol true but he doesn't drink, it is a pasta gut! Also he weighted much less when he had upper arms so wide my hand did not fit across them, all muscle!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

In the pictures you can see the cut across his nose. If it wasn't broke then it sure was hit darn near hard enough to break. Either way it hurts like heck.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Freth

act - Zimmerman was beaten, had a broken nose. Evidence of violence against him, enough that any person could be in fear for their life.

Facts facts facts from everyone different. They never established a broken nose even.

Looks pretty mesed up here,

Even if it's not broken, he was clearly punched in it.
edit on 2-7-2013 by King_John because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join