It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009, Ed Snowden said leakers "should be shot." Then he became one

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I know for a fact when it comes to many things in life I didn't think or feel the same about them 5 years ago as I do today. Today you can say every and all murders should be put to death, then tomorrow find yourself in a situation where you're fighting for your life and you kill someone defending yourself. Now should you be put to death because of what you said yesterday, or did your experience suddenly change your point of view?

Snowden could've made that comment the day before he started leaking information, and it wouldn't matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Everyone needs to take a leak sometimes.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No it doesn't, there is an intrinsic superiority in being able to contemplate multiple view points.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by neo96

No it doesn't, there is an intrinsic superiority in being able to contemplate multiple view points.

Funny how anyone who supports Snowden doesn't even want to listen case in point this thread,.

Snowden himself said leakers should be shot now his supporters are doing nothing, but making excuses for him because apparenty the only country in the world who isn't suppose to spy on anyone is this one,.

Meanwhile everyone else does it, and they all have been doing it since before Snowden was ever born.
edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What a stunning display of ignorance.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This is all getting a little bit silly now. I mean are you forgetting what he gave us.

So what he said that maybe just maybe he was saying that so he wouldn't look a treat to his superiors.

And then he could collect information without looking over his shoulder

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

I agree by Snowden who joined a spy agency that well actually SPIES,

Turns out didn't like it too much.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolcatt
reply to post by neo96

This is all getting a little bit silly now. I mean are you forgetting what he gave us.

So what he said that maybe just maybe he was saying that so he wouldn't look a treat to his superiors.

He hasn't given us a damn thing.

What people are giving him is undue notoriety for doing absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Can't you see what is happening here? I imagine you can, Neo. As can another bunny hopping around here somewhere and some others from both sides of modern politics.

America HAS no heroes left. Our sports stars aren't even worth much anymore as we have all but confirmed even the most convincing lies over the best of records (Cycling for instance) can all be built on record setting through modern chemistry, not personal ability.

Cops can be heroes... but how many are Villains? The media would have us believe about 98% of them. Firemen can be heroes....but then the media comes out as often as they can find an example, showing fire bugs who became firemen to feed their sick fetish. Another category ruined...

So it's leaving such a vacuum for role models or even folk heroes, that almost anyone will do. Obama was elected, the first time anyway, on this same thing. No real record? No matter.... Paint upon him the image you most like and then vote! It worked and it happened....

Now Snowden started all the right ways ....and at this point? Enough have invested public statements and personal emotional capital into making him something even he's never claimed to be ....he'd have to shoot Santa Clause on world TV and then do horrible things to the Easter Bunny as an Encore .....while some would still excuse it for just his stress having to come out somehow.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by coolcatt
reply to post by neo96

He hasn't given us a damn thing.

What people are giving him is undue notoriety for doing absolutely nothing.

Man!! are you trolling my arse

What news have YOU been watching. Time for bed son! go on off you go

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
These conversations were taken when he worked for the CIA? However, he said he pursued other areas of work or whatever.

I wonder if he discovered some stuff while in the CIA and decided it was high time to put a plan together. Or maybe upon working with the NSA his opinions were ultimately shaped.

Nothing changes in my mind. We need to focus on the message, not the messenger. Just so hard not to, everyone wants to know what's going to happen with him!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by neo96

............Of course he knew what the NSA do, my point is maybe he didn't get access to all the information when he just started, maybe he found out stuff later and then changed his mind about what the NSA was about.

The Terrorist Surveillance Program was unveiled by the New York Times in 2005. Room 641A was exposed in 2006. Let's give Snowden a little credit. He wasn't stupid, or oblivious. He knew exactly what the NSA's business was. The conversion story is just part of the cover for his defection. It's the standard hook--used to believe in the agency, found out what it really stands for, couldn't live with it, loves his country but cannot live there any more, so ran away to Moscow/Havana/etc. We use it when theirs defect, they use it when ours defect.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Can't you see what is happening here? I imagine you can, Neo. As can another bunny hopping around here somewhere and some others from both sides of modern politics.

I do they have to create someone to look up to because for whatever reason they can't or won't do anything,.Idolatry is as old as man and government's themselves they are both created by people.

America HAS no heroes left. Our sports stars aren't even worth much anymore as we have all but confirmed even the most convincing lies over the best of records (Cycling for instance) can all be built on record setting through modern chemistry, not personal ability.

We truly don't not our leaders, not those who run to foreign countries the only real heroes if this country have left are those who say and fight for what they believe in,.

So it's leaving such a vacuum for role models or even folk heroes, that almost anyone will do. Obama was elected, the first time anyway, on this same thing. No real record? No matter.... Paint upon him the image you most like and then vote! It worked and it happened....

And the next one will come along as the last one have faded away rinse and repeat.

Now Snowden started all the right ways ....and at this point? Enough have invested public statements and personal emotional capital into making him something even he's never claimed to be ....he'd have to shoot Santa Clause on world TV and then do horrible things to the Easter Bunny as an Encore .....while some would still excuse it for just his stress having to come out somehow.

See that too their heroes are so 'pefect' than haven't, and can't do anything wrong because their ideology clouds any common sense left.

This is just damn sad.
edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
duplicate post?

Most be a glitch in the Prism.
edit on 26-6-2013 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

What?

Government spies and that is 'news' to people?

Yeah someone needs to go somewhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by Archie

I agree by Snowden who joined a spy agency that well actually SPIES,

Turns out didn't like it too much.

So you defend the strategy that the US govenment use to spy on its own people outside the law?

And you do not care for people givin up their lifes to expose abuse by the government?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Could he have just been saying this to lower any suspicions that he would ever do something like this? Back then he might have been planning to drop this bomb and said this just to make himself appear loyal.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

So you defend the strategy that the US govenment use to spy on its own people outside the law

Defend what?

By stating the fact that they have been spying for over 60 years sue for not being outraged about it, and there is not a damn thing anyone can do to stop it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sure there is.

Don't use cellphones or the internet. Just go back to writing sealed letters and packages through the US mail.
You know... snail mail.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
First off, please beware of spin. We all know the government and media walk hand in hand. Then you read this article full of keywords to inspire hatred in Americans.... "took in the Muslim call to prayer from his Sarajevo hotel room" Seriously lol. What does that have to do with anything?

As well as irrisponsible journalism like: "and formed opinions about the food and the women in Bosnia, in Romania, in Spain." How would they know where he formed what opinions lol. They are trying to paint him as un-American and you are falling for it.

Then they publish an edited chat that has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING

< TheTrueHOOHA> You guys can't say I look gay anymore.
< User1> you look gay
< TheTrueHOOHA> not anymore. I'm living in switzerland. i'm the straightest looking man inthe country
< User2> rolpix
< TheTrueHOOHA> as soon as my camera makes it here.
<
TheTrueHOOHA> you guys wouldn't believe how expensive # is here, either
< TheTrueHOOHA> you can't get tap water in restaraunts
< User2> some examples, please
< TheTrueHOOHA> they make you buy it in bottles
< TheTrueHOOHA> glass bottles. 5 bucks a pop
< User2> you buy the tap water?
< TheTrueHOOHA> hamburgers are $15

What does that have to do with anything?
Does any part of that three page article resembles responsible journalism? Not to mention the only thing you left with was that his past self believes his future self should be shot....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join