It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution!!! (U.S)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

The current U.S. government is on very shaky grounds on its legitimacy both in the U.S. and World politics right now. I think it is relying on military legitimacy rather than Democratic legitimacy.
edit on 27-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
They shoot first then we WILL see about that army compared to the largest armed group on the planet in one country.
I say it again you non trained people have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what so ever.Your comments to the contrary are YOUR fears and apathy,there are people who can and will do this WHEN THE GOVT SHOOTS FIRST.
When you stick your hand into the goo that was once your little sisters head I do believe you may get the idea.
We aren't pacifist Europeans,generationally oppressed like the middle east or Asia. We don't have centuries of caste cultural programming to shackle our minds. We are America and that DOES scare them,but they sure as hell have cowed a great deal on these boards.
Nuclear weapons ,chemical weapon,bio weapons? that would kill THEM too . Tanks ,planes? The require support that can be broken.
Christ you people stop giving up like wusses.

Very good post, dead on!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Binkus
bah if you guys did revolt (the American people) you would trash the place and frankly i would worry about the minorities/homless/black/religious caught up in the fighting

you would be better off promoting someone like Ron Paul to be instantly put in office and take with him his own people disbanding the existing office

if the guns come out the whole country will divide and weird backwards laws will be made in the bible belt from racist shootings in the deep south

revolt in America would mean carnage!! you need to oust peacefully behind one person

This is the one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on ATS... lol

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by EA006

If you fight or have fought for America the news is all pain.All we have done and died for up for grabs.
We are beyond pissed and I can say WE here.We love that flag and what it is supposed to stand for so I guess you could say we have already gathered out gear and now we are waiting.And if worse comes to worse We will win again,it's what we do but a lot will kill themselves later for having done it.
What happens later will not be up to those who fight,I don't accept a military dictatorship any more than I would accept a civilian one.
NWO is regarded as a conspiracy theory by most.

I have faith in the military when it is freed from politics.

edit on 27-6-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

You're a good man, keep up the good work!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by EA006

If you're that p***ed at your government why not do something useful with those guns.

Like what? Murder people? Take those guns to Washington D.C. and see what happens, the military will be on you and you'd be branded terrorists.

Revolution is a fairy tale. This day and age the best you can hope for is a military coup and then you could go from the frying pan and into the fire. Revolutions were easier to throw 200 years ago when everyone had access to the same level of weapons and technology as their governments, which was muskets and cannons. Now? Try pistols and hunting rifles verses drones, nukes, sonic weapons, F-22 and F-35, satellite imagery. You're living in a fantasy and you're going to get everyone else killed.

The inventory of weapons available to you at a civilian level is extensive and impressive.

How many citizens do you see with F-22 and F-35's or drones, tanks, or nukes parked in their yards? None. Now you know why it's too late.
edit on 27-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Study the Vietnam war a little bit, or our War against the Taliban.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

i think you will find that the educated and enlightened americans are limited to people like you see on the forums here or are trying to change

sorry to burst your bubble but the fact is most of your population and if you think that the 80% of the population are like minded then you mistaken

a revolution headed by people using guns will turn your country into a bloodbath, you sir might want to rethink the ignorance of certain posts

sure you have say 10% who would want change you have 20% that will just drive by and blast anyone they dont like the look of in the name of revolution the rest will hole up in their house and blow anyone away who sets foot on their property. not to mention the end of world crew who will start trashing their own

sorry but if you think an armed uprising will be as easy as pop hey new government, well done guys have a nice day.

the fighting will be bloody the militias and armed forces might clash and frankly decimate vast swathes of the population.

sorry to say but your only way would be to all 'insist' that the government step down accepting no substitute for complete change

you dont think your country spends 700 billion on military technology on just pistols do you?

i have read your posts and your one line answers really answer the deep and meaningful, and not only add real light onto what would be a disaster for a once great country....Lol

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
There will be no revolucione today!
Tomorrow i have to get a haircut....and fridays always so hectic for me......
Its a long weekend commng up so lets maybe put it off till after then hey?

There wont be a succeesful revolution in America withot the participation of the us military in it.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

reply to post by swanne

If nukes are used we all die.Yes there will be a great deal of non combatant deaths but that wasn't the context of my post.

The Weathermen tried in the 70s. They were basically thinking the same way. And they were far more organized, yet, they lost. Because what they didn't realized is that by opposing aggression with aggression, your enemy will just react with more aggression.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I have a question....

Why is revolution treasonous?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I have a question....

By the new bylaw that have been put in place and paired up with old laws, any thing that might be counted as a revolution no matter how peaceful can be counted a treason. Unfair yes but no revolution is going to gain ground or last very long by their rules.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Revolution in the USA is not going to happen.

Give one example (just one) of a rich and democratic nation falling into revolution?

You my rant and rave about US politicians and all the terrible things you think they do, but go and live in (say) China or Russia to educate yourself and realise how good it is in the US! A few fat Hillbillies with guns and disaffected people who think everyone else are sheep, does NOT make a revolution.

Furthermore, very doubtful the military of any advanced democratic nation (including the US) would support a government which had lost the support of the nation and was relying on them to keep them going. It just does not work like that anymore.

Regards

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

Study the Vietnam war a little bit, or our War against the Taliban.

Study Timothy McVaugh a little bit, or Ruby Ridge. No one is going to go for this, and the individuals who do will end up in prison, or dead and be forgotten. We only have 2 options.

1. States secede
2. Military coup

Neither one will happen because paychecks will stop after that and folks have families to feed. People had big families during the Civil War. Dad's had sons who could help mom at home and run the farm while dad was fighting or planted in the ground. The South is reluctant to do it again, because when we lost the last one we were occupied for several years during the Reconstruction. There were factors at play 150 years ago, we don't have access to now.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

The Weathermen? Well see there you go. Progressives make terrible combatants they didn't do squat and couldn't possibly do so.Our bombs would work 100% of the time ,we CAN run ambushes VERY well and we number into THOUSANDS. An uncontainable force across the country whose marksmanship skills are legendary and experts in combat sciences of all defined types.
They weren't warriors.The training is the difference here.
We never have attacked our own country in force.Protests well they are cute but they just appear to make some people feel better about being arrested for some sacrifice. Nobody wants us too including ourselves but if the Federal beaurocracy continues to trounce on the Constitution what choice is there when when it turns to violent control?
More card board on sticks,parading around to get arrested? Like the song says "You are bound to know,when the bullet hits the bone".
Remember Kent State? I do ,I watched in on TV, a "massacre" where four died. I can't exactly tell what was going through the dumbass guard troops minds or what the morons thought would happen but I can say if you multiply that by a factor of about one hundred you get the idea.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Because by definition you'll be defined as a terrorist (an individual who promotes revolt against the authority), and that has actually been so since a very long time in modern politics.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

We never have attacked our own country in force.Protests well they are cute but they just appear to make some people feel better about being arrested for some sacrifice. Nobody wants us too including ourselves but if the Federal beaurocracy continues to trounce on the Constitution what choice is there when when it turns to violent control?

Yes, but the military will react! You seem to confuse reality with some Chuck Norris movie. Even IF you gain control of an ADS, the military still has its robotic army and its missiles and, if desperate, its nukes.

Plus, as I stated earlier, by attacking your own country you will open a Pandora's box. What if the government falls, and a marxist, or neonazist, or even simply the Mafia takes its place? You'd be trading a lesser evil for a bigger evil. Look at France. They had a revolution. Are the people happy now? No, they still hate the new government. Same thing in Russia: The tsar fell, and instead Communism jumped right in. It won't be different in the US.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Looking at history, which form of government is preferable,

1.) A military duma

2.) A democratic republic

Seriously, what are you people on?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Just out of curiosity. Say for instance the U.S economy does collapse in the projected time period of within 10 years, given that collapse, could Americans get embroiled in another civil war or would the backlash be directed at government making it revolution rather than a civil war?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Some will some won't ,it's a huge gamble but what the hell.I'd rather be dead betting on the republic than alive living in a police state.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join