It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How sad that Christians reject the good news that Jesus gave.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Greatest I am

You are certainly antichrist and have no knowledge of the Bible . Every one who does know what Jesus was about and what he said knows that you are against Jesus . So carry on with your Satanic work

So it is Satanic to quote Jesus and promote what he taught. Ok.

You are quite the Christian.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Why don't you read the whole content of the text? This verse describes having the eye focus on God and not wealth and worldly things. You can't focus on both at the same time.

But God created it all, so there's always a focus on God. Having aversion for what nonbelievers do is having aversion for Gods creation. You or I might not understand everything about it fully but it's all part of creation, even if the nonbelievers do things apparently not in accordance with Gods plans they could be considered examples of how not to do it, the good and bad both in the same existence and beings in it choosing something out of their own free will, no one forcing anyone to do anything.

Wealth isn't bad in itself, it depends what one does with it, build an orphanage or install a jacuzzi and buy a Ferrari. Worldly things are there, might as well use them.
edit on 26/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Jesus came to free those who seek Him from slavery to this world. But those who seek Him must then become slaves to Him. As Scripture says:

“No one can be a slave of two masters, since either he will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot be slaves of God and of money." (Matthew 6:24)

So. Your highest aspiration is to be a slave. Ok.

You have God the father wanting his children to be slaved to him forever.

As above so below.

Do you want your children forever slaved to you?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Again you misunderstand .And on purpose ! You are a slave to many things . To sin , to the glitter of this world , to your job or to a bottle to drugs , take your pick . Some are slaves to pride .

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Again you misunderstand .And on purpose ! You are a slave to many things . To sin , to the glitter of this world , to your job or to a bottle to drugs , take your pick . Some are slaves to pride .

Not all suffer your affliction.

Your pride makes you ignore those quotes from Jesus.
Rather pathetic that.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
How sad that everyone on this thread (yeah, me too...) have forgotten the thread topic and allowed it to degenerate into personal attacks and insults...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I am not in a cult nor do I follow any religious institution doctrines or mans teaching.The New Testament does not say "Jesus".The 1611 1st edtion KJ (and the original writers) wrote the Greek Iesous.They were writing to Greek speakers and writers but they called his name Yahoshua because he was a JEW not Greek or Roman gentile.My neighbors name is Jose.Just because he lives in California in American culture I don't call him Joe.However that is not the point as I already explained.His NAME is his NATURE..Yahoshua=Yahwehs salvation.Yahoshua is the "name YOU can't believe in now because you have been blinded by false doctrines of men ...especially HELL.

From all I have seen you write here at ATS you expose your "belief" in the LAW(that was made for unrighteous man)...and then twist it in pagan theology then mince it until it is made void of The Truth.One minute you are tossing out the book of Timothy the next saying the bible is inerrant when the known FACTS are there are thousands of errors in translation.You don't even know Yahoshuas name was WRITTEN Iesous..a very provable FACT....you are BLIND....and follow the tradtions of men that make VOID the LIVING word of God.I would NEVER say someone had a "demon" as you did of me....you are treading on very thin ground with your accusations of who and what I am hearing and every word you write you WILL be held accountable.Fortunately for you there is no hell or the "living words" of Matthew 7 would judge you.

The OP was about one thing.The Good News.Lazarus short posted links to the scriptures of the clear statements of the salvation for ALL mankind.(btw I am NOT a Universalist in the least but hold nothing against Lazurus short) I posted only a few of the many scriptures that clearly state Yahoshua is "saving" ALL of mankind.That is why it is the GOOD NEWS.

You have done nothing to support you religious doctrines of men or refute it but spew unfounded personal condemnation to almost every respondent and on top of that contradict your "bible" beliefs .If you know the Truth you should answer why those scriptures of salvation for ALL are not true.

Dismissing more books because of your pagan beliefs and false religious theory are not a valid answer.Just because you know a few things does not make you wise in the least.You have already proven your theology is shoddy at best and your critical thinking poor even though you study the scriptures you are not arriving at The Truth.You think mistakenly (just as Saul DID) that studying is how you KNOW God.You do just as Yahoshua said to the pharisees did..search the scripture THINKING that in them YOU have life yet you FAIL to come to Yahoshua whom they are written of.

All of your studying of religion is in vain.All of your unrighteous works are dead.They are dead words of babel (babylon) in your carnal mind.The living God is not words in a book.You have been ensnared like billions of others thinking that a little knowledge is wisdom and Godliness.There is NO one that does right not ONE ..There is NO one that seeks after God."Your righteousness" of empty works are dirty rags of the foolish mind.

Yahoshua is Yahwehs salvation that IS saving EVERYONE and everything.THAT is the GOOD NEWS.I am not judging you for believing in your mythical pagan hell and false doctrines of men.God is the one that has blinded you for a reason but you will be delivered just like everyone else.That is your good news.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
How sad that everyone on this thread (yeah, me too...) have forgotten the thread topic and allowed it to degenerate into personal attacks and insults...

yes unfortunately the majority have forgotten what this thread is about however to name a brood of vipers is not personal attacks.It is making Yeses YES and No's no.

That fact is NO ONE can come to the Father unless he DRAGS him.We do not choose Yahoshua he chooses us.The only way the Father will be revealed to them is when the Father does it.Our words have no effect.They are just witnesses to the Truth.I at one time truly wish I could.However that is foolishness also.We are not God.The process of salvation is 100% up to our sovereign.God is working out ALL things according to GODS will and purposes... not ours.That is how it works....THANK GOD!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282

yes unfortunately the majority have forgotten what this thread is about however to name a brood of vipers is not personal attacks.It is making Yeses YES and No's no.

That fact is NO ONE can come to the Father unless he DRAGS him.We do not choose Yahoshua he chooses us.The only way the Father will be revealed to them is when the Father does it.Our words have no effect.They are just witnesses to the Truth.I at one time truly wish I could.However that is foolishness also.We are not God.The process of salvation is 100% up to our sovereign.God is working out ALL things according to GODS will and purposes... not ours.That is how it works....THANK GOD!!!!

Sir, you sound like a Tentie...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The 1611 1st edtion KJ (and the original writers) wrote the Greek Iesous.
This is the sort of thing that makes me think that you are in a cult.
If you were doing your own research you wouldn't be saying things like this that you can easily check and find is not true.
You apparently are sitting there listening to some cult leader just telling you things and you believe whatever he says, out of respect for this person who you believe is a prophet.

. . . the next saying the bible is inerrant when the known FACTS are there are thousands of errors in translation.
There are thousands of variations in the manuscripts but that does not mean there are thousands of translation errors. Specifically, you seem to be concerned with what you believe to be the error in Jesus' name. That's not an error because your favorite choice for a name for Jesus is not in the original, to be translated one way or the other.

You have done nothing to support you religious doctrines of men or refute it but spew unfounded personal condemnation to almost every respondent and on top of that contradict your "bible" beliefs
I don't even know what kind of doctrines that you could be talking about. I generally just read the Bible and comment on what I think it says.
I do probably condemn some people's interpretations but I don't think that I condemn people. What are you even calling a condemnation, saying you are in a cult? If so, then you are too thin skinned to be a Christian, and might want to consider joining a less demanding religion.

yet you FAIL to come to Yahoshua . . .
I don't think that I need to learn to speak Syrian in order to be saved.
And what is up with all this "pagan" talk? Do you think that you have to be Jewish to know the "truth"?
edit on 27-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Sir, you sound like a Tentie...

No tentmaking for me!!...I like warm showers and sheets.Like I said I don't belong to an organization or follow any teachers like Gary Amirault,Ray Smith,Mike Vinson, Preston Eby, Elwin Roach etc....They may all know some truths(some much less than others) that not many know however ...they are still in babylon until they come out of religion.

Again ....I am not judging anyone.Religion is impossible to kick.Only God can kill it...and of course the real "kicker" is nobody wants to quit because they don't percieve it as a problem they believe it is a cure.Gods thoughts and ways are not mans thoughts and ways.

From what I can see you are headed toward the right path.The ways of religion are wide however our steps are being guided exactly where they need to go.God is the sovereign and the author and finisher of All things.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The Blood Of the Lamb . Jesus is the Lamb. Revelations 7 verse 14 " These are they which came out of Great Tribulation and have washed their robes and made them white in the BLOOD of the Lamb ".
Blood sacrifice has been the way before Jesus and Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice . Jesus let his life giving blood to be spilled as the most excellent sacrificial recompense for sin . If that's too graphic for you back up some you will not get any on you .

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

The Blood Of the Lamb . Jesus is the Lamb. Revelations 7 verse 14 " These are they which came out of Great Tribulation and have washed their robes and made them white in the BLOOD of the Lamb ".
This is your response to my earlier asking if you had a verse to support your creed that you use to test other people's faith. Apparently you are conceding that the answer is, no, but you can figure it out (that "we are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ", as your creed states) if you accept certain presuppositions while reading Revelation.
The "lamb" as a symbol used in Revelation, represents the persecuted church that refrained from those things that would 'defile' them, which the 'Babylon' nominal Christians have no problem with, being in conformity with the world (in the opinion of the writer). Accepting that symbology, then the washing in the blood of the lamb means that they stand firm in their faith to the point of death, if that is what it takes. The tribulation then is a testing to separate the "true" believers from the lax and unscrupulous self-proclaimed Christians.

Blood sacrifice has been the way before Jesus and Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice
This is human reasoning, and flawed at that, using false assumptions about the Old Testament sacrificial system, that are probably passed on by word of mouth through a cult rather than something learned through personal research. Sin sacrifices were performed by the priesthood for themselves so as to be "holy"to serve in the temple, and were for inadvertent sins that they were not aware that they had even done. Known sins would disqualify them altogether and there was no provision to rectify that condition.

Jesus let his life giving blood to be spilled as the most excellent sacrificial recompense for sin . If that's too graphic for you back up some you will not get any on you
It has nothing to do with being "graphic", but to do with man made theology in an attempt to reconcile ideas that were passed on from the Medieval Catholic Church. Specifically, the practice of offering of the blood of Christ to God by the priest in the ceremony over the Eucharist, as if he was offering a sacrifice for us himself.
edit on 28-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I can not discuss religion with you any longer I feel you have entered another dimension all by your self called the Twilight Zone . Any way I will not go there .

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Blood sacrifice has been the way before Jesus and Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice . Jesus let his life giving blood to be spilled as the most excellent sacrificial recompense for sin . If that's too graphic for you back up some you will not get any on you .

What does God need with blood?

Blood is only a good sacrifice if it has value.

What value does God place on blood and why did he make human sacrifice a requirement to salvation when he could have used a non-barbaric and immoral way.

Unless of course you thing human sacrifice is moral and just.

Do you?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by SimonPeter

This is your response to my earlier asking if you had a verse to support your creed that you use to test other people's faith. Apparently you are conceding that the answer is, no, but you can figure it out (that "we are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ", as your creed states) if you accept certain presuppositions while reading Revelation.
The "lamb" as a symbol used in Revelation, represents the persecuted church that refrained from those things that would 'defile' them, which the 'Babylon' nominal Christians have no problem with, being in conformity with the world (in the opinion of the writer). Accepting that symbology, then the washing in the blood of the lamb means that they stand firm in their faith to the point of death, if that is what it takes. The tribulation then is a testing to separate the "true" believers from the lax and unscrupulous self-proclaimed Christians.

Blood sacrifice has been the way before Jesus and Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice
This is human reasoning, and flawed at that, using false assumptions about the Old Testament sacrificial system, that are probably passed on by word of mouth through a cult rather than something learned through personal research. Sin sacrifices were performed by the priesthood for themselves so as to be "holy"to serve in the temple, and were for inadvertent sins that they were not aware that they had even done. Known sins would disqualify them altogether and there was no provision to rectify that condition.

Jesus let his life giving blood to be spilled as the most excellent sacrificial recompense for sin . If that's too graphic for you back up some you will not get any on you
It has nothing to do with being "graphic", but to do with man made theology in an attempt to reconcile ideas that were passed on from the Medieval Catholic Church. Specifically, the practice of offering of the blood of Christ to God by the priest in the ceremony over the Eucharist, as if he was offering a sacrifice for us himself.
edit on 28-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Jim and SimonPeter, I pray and hope you come to believe this before the divine Great Warning (Rev 6:15-17, 1 Cor 3:13).

Non-Catholic Christians accept Jesus is the New Covenant Passover Lamb. What did they do with the Old Covenant Lamb after they sacrificed the Lamb? They consumed it. The one time "bloody" sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross is offered to the Father but in an UBLOODY manner in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, every hour, every day all around the world. This is the prophesied "continual sacrifice" spoken of in Daniel.

As I just said, in the Mass, it fits, greater in the New, you consume the New Covenant Lamb, God!, Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist. This is God's humble plan to come to us. It is supernatural not cannibalism, God can do anything. Check the KJV Bible, the words have been changed but in the first Bible, it is prophesied, Malachi 1:11 calls the Eucharistic Sacrifice the "clean oblation." The Holy Mass is the greatest form of worship.

Malachi 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation: for my name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of hosts.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The one time "bloody" sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross is offered to the Father but in an UBLOODY manner in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, every hour, every day all around the world. This is the prophesied "continual sacrifice" spoken of in Daniel.
This mentions a concept that I am opposed to because it is not supported by the Bible, which is the idea that somehow we offered Jesus to God as a sacrifice.
As the Bible tells it, it is God who made the sacrifice, we only provided the people evil enough to murder the son of God.
We have no right to expect benefits in exchange for Christ's death, only condemnation, if we do not repent, the guilt of this crime will be visited upon us as a judgment if we do not come to a state of forgiveness and reconciliation with God.
edit on 13-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

The one time "bloody" sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross is offered to the Father but in an UBLOODY manner in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, every hour, every day all around the world. This is the prophesied "continual sacrifice" spoken of in Daniel.
This mentions a concept that I am opposed to because it is not supported by the Bible, which is the idea that somehow we offered Jesus to God as a sacrifice.
As the Bible tells it, it is God who made the sacrifice, we only provided the people evil enough to murder the son of God.
We have no right to expect benefits in exchange for Christ's death, only condemnation, if we do not repent, the guilt of this crime will be visited upon us as a judgment if we do not come to a state of forgiveness and reconciliation with God.
edit on 13-7-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Jim,

You don't know how much I appreciate you putting up in quotes my words, they help people understand our discussion.

There must be over 50, even more verses referring to Jesus continually offering His "sacrifice" on the Cross perpetually to God the Father. It fits, His "eternal sacrifice." Jesus is the New Covenant Passover Lamb
sacrificed.

Here is a small sample. Check scripturecatholic.com..., read 200 verses referring under the Eucharist
title.

Heb. 2:18 - although His suffering is past tense, His expiation of our sins is present tense because His offering is continual. Therefore, He is able (present tense) to help those who are tempted.

Heb. 5:6,10; 6:20; 7:15,17 - these verses show that Jesus restores the father-son priesthood after Melchizedek. Jesus is the new priest and King of Jerusalem and feeds the new children of Abraham with His body and blood. This means that His eternal sacrifice is offered in the same manner as the bread and wine offered by Melchizedek in Gen. 14:18. But the bread and wine that Jesus offers is different, just as the Passover Lamb of the New Covenant is different. The bread and wine become His body and blood by the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit.

Heb. 4:3 – God’s works were finished from the foundation of the world. This means that God’s works, including Christ’s sacrifice (the single act that secured the redemption of our souls and bodies), are forever present in eternity. Jesus’ suffering is over and done with (because suffering was earthly and temporal), but His sacrifice is eternal, because His priesthood is eternal (His victimized state was only temporal).

Heb. 4:14 – Jesus the Sacrifice passes through the heavens by the glory cloud of God, just like the sacrifices of Solomon were taken up into heaven by the glory cloud of God in 2 Chron. 7:1. See also Mark 16:19; Luke 24:51; and Acts 1:10.

Heb. 7:24 – Jesus holds His priesthood is forever because He continues forever, so His sacrificial offering is forever. He continues to offer His body and blood to us because He is forever our High Priest.

Heb. 8:2 - Jesus is a minister in the sanctuary offering up (present tense) His eternal sacrifice to the Father which is perfected in heaven. This is the same sanctuary that we enter with confidence by the blood of Jesus as written in Heb. 10:19. See also Heb. 12:22-24.

Heb. 8:3 - as High Priest, it is necessary for Jesus to have something to offer. What is Jesus offering in heaven? As eternal Priest, He offers the eternal sacrifice of His body and blood.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The commentary that you are quoting uses a term, "eternal sacrifice", as if this is a biblical given and used to interpret all these verses, even though there is no description of such a thing in the Bible.
So all you have to offer is a circular proof by saying ahead of time what the Bible is supposed to be supporting.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

The commentary that you are quoting uses a term, "eternal sacrifice", as if this is a biblical given and used to interpret all these verses, even though there is no description of such a thing in the Bible.
So all you have to offer is a circular proof by saying ahead of time what the Bible is supposed to be supporting.

What?

Jim said:
"This mentions a concept that I am opposed to because it is not supported by the Bible, which is the idea that somehow we offered Jesus to God as a sacrifice."

Where then do you come up with your denial? Martin Luther? By whose authority do you speak?

I will check Scripture Jim but you follow heresy. Doesn't matter, the Bible says NOT everything Jesus did or said is written down. Jesus Christ's sacrifice is eternal. The Bible wasn't compiled until the 4th century. You follow a man who came up with Bible Alone in the 16th century.

Sola Scriptura is not true. 1 Tim 3:15 says the CHURCH is our authority not Scripture. You make Scripture which is a Catholic book your authority instead of the Church, God's true authority.

God's revelation includes the oral Word (Tradition), the written Word (Bible), the teaching magisterium of the
Church and prophecy (private revelation).

God bless you,

1 Tim 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join