It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hasting was just a pawn in the political spin to silence McCrystal for doing a good job. It looks more like the work of the CIA against the DoD to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Couple things that cross my mind, sorry if they have already been brought up.

1. Were there any cameras perched anywhere showing him driving 100 mph down the street? Surely he must have passed atleast one camera

2. What did he tell Jennifer Robinson (the lawyer)?

3. Where was he coming from, or going to?

4. Who was the last person who saw him?

Lots of questions we need to be asking, rather than trying to come up with an explanation. Investigate people, stop jumping to conclusions. I think it was a set up.. it's just too fishy, but I want to know more information before I start making claims.
edit on 20-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
we are being led by the nose through
a pre-scripted narrative. that much is clear.
wiki-leaks is a c.i.a. operation. assange clearly stated that
he was onboard the government official 9/11 conspiracy theory.
my enemies friends are my enemies.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
'Murder? Most likely, in my opinion'. I love that. You have ZERO proof of ANYTHING, but you've already determined that murder was committed. I can't wait for your FAX program to debut. You're gonna be HUGE!

I was like you about this before, but after thinking about this logically for some time, I'm afraid the basic probability of this being an accident is unlikely.

He was a real journalist, brave and not scared of actually doing his job, in a time when other real journalists in America are being threatened, spied on, their computers hacked... and he calls the lawyer for WikiLeaks right before too?

Sorry, I'm not buying the accident suggestion. Millions of young men drive cars, don't have accidents, live to a nice old age... it's not as "common" as some seem to think, just killing yourself in a car crash. The suggestion that there's no suspicion here does not match up with basic probability.

Others can vouch that I am not one to just accept a conspiracy, I use facts, logic, evidence and my own belief in probability to come to a conclusion, and although I would need some evidence to believe emphatically that this was assassination, this is not looking to me like a "simple accident".

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Lets cut to the chase! Too many coincidences and too many connections = dead man silenced. The poor guy was wacked!

c x c = d!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hastings 'accident' - is there a connection to Edward Snowden, the NSA-whistleblower, Glenn Greenwald who broke the story on the Guardian and WikiLeaks/Julian Assange? My theory is that Hastings may already have had some (yet unpublished) information (through Assange?) that together with some of Snowdens infos would have added up to something much more threatening for the three letter agencies and/or the administration.

Let's try to put this in some chronological order (far from complete):

January 18 2012 Hastings interview with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is published in Rolling Stone

June 6 2013 Glenn Greenwald exclusive in the Guardian NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily

June 7 2013 Hastings last article on Buzzfeed Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans

June 10 2013 The source behind the Guardian's NSA files talks to Glenn Greenwald

June 17 2013 Edward Snowden: the US Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped.

June 19 2013 Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
He was looking to take another General down a notch or two - Petraeus. Seems to me the DOD was his enemy (considering what the staffer told him while interviewing McChrystal: "We'll hunt you down and kill you if we don't like what you write").

WASHINGTON – During the weeks before he was killed in a car crash in Los Angeles, reporter Michael Hastings was researching a story about a privacy lawsuit brought by Florida socialite Jill Kelley against the Department of Defense and the FBI.

Hastings, 33, was scheduled to meet with a representative of Kelley next week in Los Angeles to discuss the case, according to a person close to Kelley. Hastings wrote for Rolling Stone and the website BuzzFeed.

Kelley alleges that military officials and the FBI leaked her name to the media to discredit her after she reported receiving a stream of emails that were traced to Paula Broadwell, a biographer of former CIA director David H. Petraeus, according to a lawsuit filed in Federal District Court in Washington, D.C., on June 3.

Source: www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler
This article right here gives a pretty good breakdown:

jimstonefreelance.com...

I'm sorry but the above link is the biggest piece of malarkey I've ever read.

While I am still learning about the facts of the Hastings' death and I don't have an opinion but I do have questions.

The first thing I began to examine was LoudLabs; I really don't understand who they are and precisely what they do. I thought their website might give me some insight, but it only has me even more puzzled: loudlabs.com...

Looking at the "about" tab of LoudLabs YouTube channel I found this peculiar:

LOUDLABS NEWS provides the Los Angeles area with overnight "NEWS" footage. Videos are available to law enforcement agencies, fire and rescue departments, upon request.

www.youtube.com...

However, I do think that LoudLabs writing "NEWS" in quotes could just be the company messing with people who are finding their channel due to the Hastings video and the questions it spurs; or it could be something more sinister. I don't know yet; but I'm searching.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV
Couple things that cross my mind, sorry if they have already been brought up.

1. Were there any cameras perched anywhere showing him driving 100 mph down the street? Surely he must have passed atleast one camera

Sure, here he is [allegedly] running a red light:

Who filmed the footage? You guessed it: LoudLabs

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
James Corbett of the Corbett report on Hastings

I have more questions about James Corbett and Sibel Edmonds than I do about the death of Hastings; and I have a PLETHORA of questions about Hastings death...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Even China at least just lock up the journalists, not good enough for America no, just kill them, no messing about, sorry I meant freak car accident.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC - Sorry.

That's a police dashcam, heavily edited so no correlation between the vehicle running the red light and Hastings' car can me made. Essentially, Loudlabs got hold of one dashcam from one cruiser that night - I'd like to see the other cop car's dashcam that is on the scene first and pointing toward the fiery crash.

Loudlabs is not a news site - maybe a citizen journalism site, but not an official news channel. It's a blog about art too.

Look it up on Whois to see who owns it - his name is there.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC - Sorry.

That's a police dashcam, heavily edited so no correlation between the vehicle running the red light and Hastings' car can me made. Essentially, Loudlabs got hold of one dashcam from one cruiser that night - I'd like to see the other cop car's dashcam that is on the scene first and pointing toward the fiery crash.

Loudlabs is not a news site - maybe a citizen journalism site, but not an official news channel. It's a blog about art too.

Thanks for that info Jason88; I greatly appreciate it.

How was LoudLabs able to obtain the police dashcam footage so fast? (Heck, I'm still waiting for media of the Boston Bombers planting the backpacks, James Holmes in the theatre and Adam Lanza approaching the school; but things like this come out so fast and from peculiar sources....)
Why would they get an exclusive as opposed to the countless major players in LA TV news?
It is things like that which make me go hmmmm... in addition to the fact that LoudLabs posts an article from the City News Service in the about area of the video and nothing explaining the footage to the viewer.

It is just strange to me.

edit on 6/20/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You're welcome. And oh yeah, it's odd alright. My guess is whoever owns LoudLabs knows someone in the police department who shared the video with them to help their site take off. I'm not sure it's a conspiracy as much as an illegal leak within the LA police department.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Do we have any details on the wreck? Such as what he hit or maybe he fell asleep or something?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

You're welcome. And oh yeah, it's odd alright. My guess is whoever owns LoudLabs knows someone in the police department who shared the video with them to help their site take off. I'm not sure it's a conspiracy as much as an illegal leak within the LA police department.

Don't you guys remember the Russian comet fottage? All those dashcam videos? That was just a paparazzo with a dash cam that anyone can buy at radio shack.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If I had to speculate, in the words of Ace Ventura;

Just too much blatantly suspicious circumstantial evidence with clear motive in my opinion. Of course, this is just guessing based on what I have seen in the news. But put in context, it makes much more sense than the fiery explosion car crash story they're pushing.

Interesting also how this whistle-blower thing seems to be escalating almost exponentially lately. The TWA flight 800 news coming right next to this on top of the Eric Snowden case.

Here is an interview Michael Hastings did on Coast to Coast AM on February 2 this year. It starts at around the 40 minute mark for anybody interested in checking it out. Drops quite a bit of knowledge (not to mention an S bomb or two) and one who is reputable as it gets in my books, having been down on the front lines in both Iraq and Afghanistan and has seen what went on first hand. His wife was also killed in a car bombing in Iraq while he was there, which he also talks about.

Might be worth a listen, John B. Wells does a good job in this interview imo and some of the things Hastings said about Iraq and Afghanistan are pretty shocking, they were to me at least. Not that it surprised me necessarily on the other hand.

Anyways. Yeah, without jumping to conclusions this is AT BEST very coincidental slash suspicious. At worst, which I fear it may be; the U.S. government is really getting out of hand regarding the lengths they are willing to go with their suppression. It almost seems too obvious now. As to the rest of us, the elephant in the room must be getting harder to ignore at this point. Hopefully the public at large can wake up from their denial and ignorance, which must be close to willful by now.

Something has to give. Not sure how some people can read the title of this thread and the knowledge it pertains to and with a straight face say there is nothing suspicious about going on here.

Much respect to the journalists out there who still have the courage to report on the truth with such seemingly hardcore potential consequences they might face in doing so.

Peace. ~
edit on 20-6-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler
...Don't you guys remember the Russian comet fottage? All those dashcam videos? That was just a paparazzo with a dash cam that anyone can buy at radio shack.

I guess that's possible...but...when "whomever" drove upon "the scene", they were not halted. The garden-hose guy lowered his "stream" and allowed the vehicle to move into a "major player's" place. Maybe the situation is "different" in LA...but, in other cities where I've witnessed similar scenarios, even when the Fire Department or 1st-on-scene wrecker drivers are the only "responders" present - one of the first priorities is to get someone (or - groups of someones) dealing with "traffic".

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Before his untimely death, Hastings was working on a story about Barrett Brown, announcing mysteriously to his followers “Get ready for your mind to be blown.”

mobile.twitter.com...

www.infowars.com...

edit on 20-6-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Andrew Breitbart - Broke ACORN and others and died of a 'heart attack'....he was also working something real big during his death...

edit on 20-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join