Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

karate chop to the neck? now if thats not the government I don't know what is...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Michael Hastings was one small part of a much bigger movement of hacker activists/investigative journalists who are hell bent on exposing the corporations and sections of governments who abuse the rights of citizens.

It seems to start when Barrett Brown received a document dump via Anonymous of data downloaded from Stratfor that pointed to a web of corporations, governments and security services agencies carrying out a lot of illegal activities that stomp all over the rights of citizens in the US and elsewhere.

The trove was so enormous Barrett invited other journalists/hacker activists to help him go through it to join the dots. Barrett is now in prison on trumped up charges but the project lives on. I have a feeling (but do not know for certain) that a lot of what is going on now can be traced back to knowledge gleaned from these documents. I also believe (but can not verify) that Michael Hastings was one of those that was helping Barrett on the project. I know Glenn Greenwald definitely was/is part of it.

The project continues. It's home page is here: ProjectPM

I don't know if these pages have been 'edited' by either government related agencies or the people involved but it helps to provide the bigger picture around Hastings and quite possibly his death. Their official Twitter account is #ProjectPM (@Echelon2_PPM)

And to the poster that wondered if the Wikileaks tweet mentioned above was the real thing, yes, it is from the official Wikileaks twitter account - #Wikileaks. I also suggest you follow ggreenwald, ioerror (Jacob Applebaum), YourAnonNews or AnonPressOffice & georgieBC (just to name a tiny few).
edit on 20-6-2013 by Archie because: .

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
First of all, I'm no car accident forensics expert, but I have driven on many single lane and two lane roads and seen my share of accidents, when I did drive, long long time ago,

And I couldn't peg what it was but when I saw the photo images of the car after the burning, those images, it just didn't look right...something about the angle of the car.

Anyway, after watching the video, of the cop, and the speeding car,

There is a lot of turns/stops before the cop gets to the scene of the accident, which I would think, would cause an out of control speeding car to turn several times before stopping, possibly hitting several things to the sides there. It's just to clean of a turn/stop, going at the suggested speed...

Would have to watch it again, can't place it but it doesn't fit, and I wonder if he was running From someone, are we sure the speeding car was His car, and not a pursuer?

Watched it again, it looks like it is the same car, so probably not a pursuer, However,

The cop turns at Least four times, then there is a stretch of road, approx two to three blocks (walking measure) and one would think,

IF speeding was the cause then an accident would have most likely happened way prior to that stretch, unless he mistook it for another turn,

And again that's a very strange angle,

Only possible thing I could think of, is maybe (IF it was an accident) he swerved to avoid hitting someone else, or something else...

But, it does seem a bit odd, just how many journalists, lawyers who were on that Ine case, can't recall the name, Clinton's and DOJ, something about Contras and some computer system, lawsuit etc.,

Anyway, a LOT of people involved with that scandal have mysterious,y committed suicide OR died in accidents, car. Like about twenty,

That's a heck of a lot of Mysterious deaths...just sayin
edit on 21-6-2013 by ThreeBears because: Addition

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thisbseth
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

karate chop to the neck? now if thats not the government I don't know what is...

It was probably an unrelated incident

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's really strange that a highclass Mercedes catches fire in an accident! On the other site it seems that he was driving very fast, as you can hear from an eyewitness in the video.
The reason why he drove so fast is not known and I don't want to raise any speculations.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This is ATS and yes its a conspiracy site but sometimes, on a rare occasion as remarkably as it seems, sometimes not everything is a conspiracy.

Man dies in car crash, hardly a stunning new phenomena in this old world, you know, many people daily die in a car crash, its sad but true. Worse still, in many cases its the persons fault they died, they made a mistake or simply were poor drivers.

What is my interest in this man, zero, I simply read the thread because it looked interesting but became very obvious that it had many people simply grasping to make it a conspiracy. We have to remember that this isn't Mission Impossible and although there are government hit teams most annoyances are taken care of by other measures, the easiest is to make them seem not credible, maybe involve them in some terrible wrong doing or go for the old favourite, a sex scandal.

Not everyone is taken out by a surgical strike from a predator drone with 80 armed attackers in tow.

Its entirely possible that it was simply a crash, the term "they are after me" normally means the 'they' are looking to find dirt on the person.

Poor bloke died before his time but maybe it was what it said....Even activists are prone to bad driving or errors.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

This is ATS and yes its a conspiracy site but sometimes, on a rare occasion as remarkably as it seems, sometimes not everything is a conspiracy.

Man dies in car crash, hardly a stunning new phenomena in this old world, you know, many people daily die in a car crash, its sad but true. Worse still, in many cases its the persons fault they died, they made a mistake or simply were poor drivers.

What is my interest in this man, zero, I simply read the thread because it looked interesting but became very obvious that it had many people simply grasping to make it a conspiracy. We have to remember that this isn't Mission Impossible and although there are government hit teams most annoyances are taken care of by other measures, the easiest is to make them seem not credible, maybe involve them in some terrible wrong doing or go for the old favourite, a sex scandal.

Not everyone is taken out by a surgical strike from a predator drone with 80 armed attackers in tow.

Its entirely possible that it was simply a crash, the term "they are after me" normally means the 'they' are looking to find dirt on the person.

Poor bloke died before his time but maybe it was what it said....Even activists are prone to bad driving or errors.

It's not that people are "GRASPING" to Make this a Conspiracy,

That's laughable, actually,

No, this is People, who Obviously have some Knowledge of a CONSISTANT PATTERN OF ODD BEHAVIORS by so called "AUTHORITAH"

Towards those who are either INVESTIGATIVE Journalists OR WHISTLEBLOWERS or

CITIZENS who OH MY GOSH

Have the audacity to Think, that Government should be Accountable To

WE THE PEOPLE!

yikes, like SHOCKER!!!

There has been Numerous Journalists, Investigating good ole Gubermint,

That have, let's see most died in single car Accidents,

OR

Like the ones I read about, it's that whole DOJ Computer program/Contra scandal, I believe One died of Suicide,

Yea, to the BACK OF HIS HEAD

Cuzz Ya Know,

majority of Suicides People do this Contortionist thing and Then pull the trigger,

Makes it a bit more Dramatic and adds a bit of Flair! Don't ya think?

I'll have to look on my files to post what case I'm referring to, a friend sent it to me actually, I Know terrible but domestic Poli I sort of didn't keep up with for years, so I had some catching up to do, but yea,

The list was like twenty to thirty people, all who had some kind of association with the Clinton's,

I thought, yeeeeaaaa, That's not just Coincidence,

That's a set Pattern of some Very Suspicious going on, ad well, people don't need to Grasp anything,

When the red flags are like on FIRE right in Front of the ole eyes here.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
OK the Case I was referring to, was the INSLAW,

Now, Not implying anything about the Clinton's or any other POTUS for that matter, just for the record,

BUT

When a fellow activist friend who Does work more on domestic issues (my focus is on womens /childrens /human rights and it's time consuming enough, by that I mean anti trafficking, gross human right abuses, DV etc) but Anyhoo,

When they posted this to an activist blog I sometimes read, I thought it was a frickin Soap Opera,

talk about Drama,

You can't Make this crap up...a List of Mysterious deaths, just related to the Clinton years, etc., INSLAW and so forth, you couldn't even make a Movie from this,

It would Take a Series as well as you would need a Huge cast, now if That doesn't SCREAM

CORRUPTION,

Well then, I must be on crazy crazy planet and maybe I'll wake up and into a sane planet, cuzz This stuff, is CRAZY.

www.etherzone.com...

So Do I think this journalist could have been murdered or driven TO it?

Possibly,

NOTHING this government does would surprise me in the Least. Not even a Conspiracy, their Legacy Screams it,

By the Body Count Alone.
edit on 21-6-2013 by ThreeBears because: Typos

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Thanks for the pictures. Hadn't seen them.

It looks like the lower part of the palm tree did get gouged. As for people saying that car crashes can take out telephone poles, that is entirely true. I have seen crashes also take out metal/concrete light poles that were bolted to the ground (the bolts sheared). This is a palm tree, however, and actually palm trees aren't trees, but more closely related to grasses. Instead of a solid trunk, it is made up of many thick chords or vines. I suspect they have more give -- to wit: palm trees can withstand hurricane winds that more rigid trees can't -- than typical trees, so that is why it is still standing. It does look like the engine (transmission?) flew 100-200 ft down the road, which suggests that the car was indeed going very fast when it hit the palm.

In other words, it looks like it was actually just a car crash. But obviously, those of you who know it was a murder or a set up must have access to a bit more information than the rest of us have...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Don't start getting fixated on the crash here, please. His life and work reveal more than his death. Seems like whenever i post a link to ProjectPM, which it's been confirmed he did actually contribute to, people start filling the thread up with hugely long, detailed posts about the intricacies of the car crash that killed him.

Re: Snowden:

Snowden’s biggest fear is that the revelation of his identity will distract attention from the issues at hand. "I don't want public attention,” he said, “because I don't want the story to be about me. I want it to be about what the US government is doing."

The same could be said about Michael Hastings.

It's not about the way he died, it's about what he was doing while he lived. Check my post above for more details.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Archie because: .

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This just got a little more interesting.

Something smelled with this guys death. The way he died in the accident is possible but the coincidences point in another direction.

BTW, is it just me or is 2013 the year of the conspiracy theorist? there has been a LOT of CT vindication this year.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
one of our biggest newspapers in germany just deleted its own aritcle where its asking the question if cia killed the man...

www.stern.de...

you can believe me..they are not deleting often stuff they already published...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

I believe this has to be a murder. Maybe a drone strike. I know that sounds crazy, but the war on our people is beginning. Look at pictures of the Princess Dianna crash. "sorry if I misspelled her name" There wasn't a fire that burned they bodies beyond recognition. The speed that he had to of been going to launch a motor out of a car 100 ft. is unreal. let alone the thing he hit didn't fall over. I don't know look at the obvious and look at the whole picture. This was a blatant attack on a man that was on a government # list.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There are two options for the whistleblower: dead and crazy. You only get away with crazy so often.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I say that anytime a journalist dies while being investigated, something dirty has went down. The US government has it`s police state at this point. The American people failed to stop it. Journalist are coming up dead and people who speak the truth must hide in fear of their lives. Yet, another reason why I have no intentions of returning to America. That place is insane!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Does anyone know if Jennifer Robinson has made any statements regarding the death of Hastings? I hope nothing happens to her.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62

There are always more than 2 options - such as allowing them to kill me then working out a deal with "The Boatman" to let me come back for another attempt at Justice.

Also 'we' could ask for the respect people with the courage to tell the truth deserve, and not be called terms that can only be seen as dismissive and derogatory. I know - if they were the type of people who could give respect to others, and cooperation in stead of "dog eat dog" competiton - THEN they would have stopped doing these childish things long ago.

"They" must clog up any site that might reveal the Truth.
They must attack and silence anyone who might force them to scale back the 'DRTK' Drug, Rape, Torture, Kill operations that give wealthy folks so much pleasure, and their henchmen recruited from the military for their raping and killing skills.
THIS is their weakness and will be their downfall - 'The Cover Up reveals the Conspiracy' better than the original crime since those are ussually well planned while the cover up has to deal with constant challenge from US who are way way way smarter than "Them". way.

This death is similar to the plane crash if the investigator who just got photos in Chicago from that "Rusty" guy; his small plane exploded on the way back to Omaha, killing him and his son, RIGHT OVER A SMALL TOWN WHERE THE CHIEF OF POLICE, ahem, sorry, was the former Omaha Chief Wadman, really, and ALL witnesses were told they must say the plane wa not seen exploding over a field but had burned on impact. Photos blowing around were all gathered up and taken; along with the plane's back seat which....
You get the idea - FBI rushes to 'the grassy knoll' to insist "You did not see what you saw!!!" {see the "Franklin Cover Up" to see why they will never take this particular investigator alive, no sir.}

This is how actual criminal conspiracies work - AND how the media has been bought-off, and just bought, to go along with the diss-miss-ive joke/code word "Theory"; since I have met some who insist we do not want to see pictures of Reagan having sex with Bush and his boys... no we really do not... yet we will!!!
See - if you will - "They" are so very sure they have superiority and power over US they will be totally taken off guard when the Truth of "Who" has real power is revealed - OR - we, all good honest people, could untie and work together giving them no chance of escape - since every crime they commit to cover up their crimes, while we are watching, gives us much more evidence.... well IF any one has the courage. 'Courage comes from the Soul' and I have the power to connect you all with the Soul you might not even know you are. yet i digress.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Looks like he killed himself driving like a douche:

news.yahoo.com...

Good thing he hit a tree and not a family.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie
Don't start getting fixated on the crash here, please. His life and work reveal more than his death. Seems like whenever i post a link to ProjectPM, which it's been confirmed he did actually contribute to, people start filling the thread up with hugely long, detailed posts about the intricacies of the car crash that killed him.

Re: Snowden:

Snowden’s biggest fear is that the revelation of his identity will distract attention from the issues at hand. "I don't want public attention,” he said, “because I don't want the story to be about me. I want it to be about what the US government is doing."

The same could be said about Michael Hastings.

It's not about the way he died, it's about what he was doing while he lived. Check my post above for more details.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Archie because: .

I agree very much with not getting distracted by the details of the crash and being more interested in what Hastings and Snowden stand/stood for. Thank you also for drawing my attention to ProjectPM which I was not yet aware of!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There doesn't seem be any proof that it wasn't an accident but i ask you, how many of these thing's happen to people that are in the middle of investigating Governments or Corporations? It's ridiculous. My gut feeling, and i have very good instincts, is that he was taken out, 100%. This is just a coincidence to far for me, his past in bringing down McChrystal is extremely significant in this case, im sure he is sitting there with a huge grin on his face. Schmuck........

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join