It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
earlier I wrote:

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex
Hastings interviewed WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange (published January 18, 2012 in Rolling Stone)

Now with the additional Edward Snowden leak my theory is that Hastings already had some (yet unpublished) information that together with some of Snowdens infos would have added up to something much more threatening for the three letter agencies and/or the administration.

Now let me add:

Hastings last article on Buzzfeed dates from June 7, 2013 Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans Before I quote from it let me remind you that Glenn Greenwald is the journalist that interviewed Edward Snowden for the Guardian!

Glenn Greenwald’s exposure of the NSA’s massive domestic spy program has revealed the entire caste of current Democratic leaders as a gang of civil liberty opportunists, whose true passion, it seems, was in trolling George W. Bush for eight years on matters of national security.

I recommend reading the whole article - there are other quote worthy passages regarding WikiLeaks and a

plan to spy on and ruin the reputation of the Guardian’s Greenwald

Right now I don't have the time to dig deeper into this. Look for connections between Hastings, WikiLeaks, Assange, Greenwald and the NSA. That should give some insight into the reasons for this 'accident'

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Are we seriously expected to believe this thread made it to the top two of the front page without artificial interest or collusion?

Are members of certain MSM doing research, what is going on?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
R.I.P. John Noveske

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
FWIW (and I apologize if it is already posted) the Gen. McChrystal expose in the Rolling Stone magazine was 3 years ago this weekend (22 June 2010). Perhaps the story actually came out 3 days before it was officially published making his "accident" 3 years to the day from the expose, if so. Hmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

I've seen telephone poles completely severed at speeds lower than 100 mph. At that speed, there should have been at least a major chunk taken out, or a stress fracture on the trunk. This is highly questionable considering this and the cars back end which didn't come into contact with the tree was crushed.

There's pressure being placed upon reporters who want to get to the truth. They're already putting pressure on the reporter Glenn Greenwald who helped reveal Edward Snowden's NSA secrets, and are threatening him with treason if he reveals more secrets.

Reporters are being strong armed to report only what the government wants them to report. Last time I checked, this isn't what our forefathers expected from a free press.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Such a poor thread.

A screen shot of a twitter post with no background or explanation.

For example...who was Michael Hastings?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

earlier I wrote:

Hastings interviewed WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange (published January 18, 2012 in Rolling Stone)

Now with the additional Edward Snowden leak my theory is that Hastings already had some (yet unpublished) information that together with some of Snowdens infos would have added up to something much more threatening for the three letter agencies and/or the administration.

Now let me add:

Hastings last article on Buzzfeed dates from June 7, 2013 Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans Before I quote from it let me remind you that Glenn Greenwald is the journalist that interviewed Edward Snowden for the Guardian!

Glenn Greenwald’s exposure of the NSA’s massive domestic spy program has revealed the entire caste of current Democratic leaders as a gang of civil liberty opportunists, whose true passion, it seems, was in trolling George W. Bush for eight years on matters of national security.

I recommend reading the whole article - there are other quote worthy passages regarding WikiLeaks and a

plan to spy on and ruin the reputation of the Guardian’s Greenwald

Right now I don't have the time to dig deeper into this. Look for connections between Hastings, WikiLeaks, Assange, Greenwald and the NSA. That should give some insight into the reasons for this 'accident'

That was quite a "last article" by Hastings. Thanks for posting it!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Such a poor thread.

A screen shot of a twitter post with no background or explanation.

For example...who was Michael Hastings?

Sooo, what would you like on this silver platter of information? Everyone's opinion with sources even though it's an on-going story? God forbid you have to click 'new tab' on your browser to some research of your own. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought threads could be created and, whether the OP decides to do it personally or not, more information could come about as the thread continues as more individuals converse on the subject.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tenacious8

Everyone's opinion with sources

What a radical idea...maybe they could create a site like that and call it something catchy like...Above Top Secret.

God forbid you have to click 'new tab' on your browser to some research of your own.

It's incumbent on the OP to provide said information as they are the one who made the thread in the first place.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought threads could be created and, whether the OP decides to do it personally or not, more information could come about as the thread continues as more individuals converse on the subject.

Then perhaps this thread should be in the breaking alternative news section and the OP should point out that this story is developing.

It's pure laziness on the OP's part. So the story is developing? So have we not even figured out who Michael Hastings is yet?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I would like to make an apology for low quality thread. I just posted this news by looking at the obvious and I did not expect this thread go on top page. Honestly.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

Apology accepted my friend. Please don't take my comments too personally.

It's actually refreshing to see an acknowledgement rather than a reply which is just argumentative and confrontational.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Crash't and burns to ash!

dont worrier the tree will live!

ok this I dont under stand?
the engine is out of the car!!! and not burnt?

dent, look above the wheel. and the fact the engine came out.
the car must have been going VERY Fast!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How is this not the smoking gun people need to revolutionize against a secret tyrant and confront government by the masses?

This is as BIG AND OBVIOUS as an elephant a room! Seriously America - just flagging and commenting on a computer wont get you anywhere! How MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE TO FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM BEFORE OYU ACT UPON IT?!

Any other countries, where the masses have been attacked and scrutinized as much as the american population - any other population would say ENOUGH and MAKE change not just wait for it.

I guess borders and bullies really do contain the people

Truly - this murder HAD to click in some peoples minds. Is America going to wait until Edward Snowden is killed in a freak car accident too?!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Crash't and burns to ash!

dont worrier the tree will live!

ok this I dont under stand?
the engine is out of the car!!! and not burnt?

dent, look above the wheel. and the fact the engine came out.
the car must have been going VERY Fast!

After taking a second look at the photos ... that Mercedes had one hellava body frame. It also comes with exploding air bags

You can't help but wonder what Hastings was doing driving around at that hour in the morning.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The title is just a little misleading....he was off'd. that's the hour they choose. he was in bed .....
Yep, so the title should read "right before he was offed!"

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've seen old people, drunks, idiots doing 80+ and hitting trees, houses etc. Never once have I seen an explosion or a vehicle fire like this with the engine so damn far away.

So what, I guess Mercedes suddenly is not the safe choice for the family. Is that what we are to believe? If my 25G vehicle would not do this but a 50+G vehicle will….I know what I would never waste my money on. Finding this hard to swallow. Reminds me of TWA Flight 800.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here's one link on crash tests for that model of mercedes .... please note they refer you to a different model of car
www.internetautoguide.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics
reply to post by Kram09

I would like to make an apology for low quality thread. I just posted this news by looking at the obvious and I did not expect this thread go on top page. Honestly.

Hey no need. I'm sure almost everyone here knows of the McChrystal expose and Hastings' '12 election coverage. By not providing all relevant information in the OP, you cause others to do their own searches, bring back more information, and make their own connections. I don't know Kram by hir other posts, but just based on the three or so in this thread, I'd say (s)he's a shill... dogmatic, disruptive.

The most unlikely part of his official death is the car fire:

“No matter how you slice this particular pie, a Mercedes is not just going to explode into flames without a little assistance. Car fires in new cars happen for three main reasons — running the engine out of oil, or running the engine out of coolant, or after an absolutely huge car mangling accident, having the hot side of the battery short out against the frame before it reaches the fuse panel. And for all 3 of those normal reasons, which account for virtually all car fires in modern cars, the fire would have started in the engine compartment, progressed slowly, and scorched the hell out of the paint before ever reaching the gas tank. That clean paint is the be all tell all, Michael Hastings was murdered, and the rest is detail.” - Jim Stone

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler
This article right here gives a pretty good breakdown:

jimstonefreelance.com...

Saw that page that claims a switcheroo theme with the evidence. A display like: Look at this picture, this picture is all wrong, it's faked picture, that's not his car. Look at the tree, the tree is all wrong, the scrapings at the base were to hide the truth. Hype to fill a page, no physical logic to fit the pictures. They switched the entire car theory; where is the proof?

In one line it's said he got death threats annually, and then to think his own car wouldn't be used in the murder? He would recognize his own car, he's not walking around ignorant of the threats. He just got off the phone with a lawyer; he knows a bit about what's suspicious or not, and an odd car would be suspicious.

CIA types probably rigged it to go boom. Maybe they switched out the radio when he wasn't looking. Maybe someone threw something in, or the gas line sure, but the conclusions of that's a fake car...no it's not fake, it's the real thing. Only on the hype page is the stuff a switcheroo, courtesy the writer of the page, not the authorities.

Then the conclusion that Hastings brought down the general. No he didn't. Obama did. Obama got his collective ego upset and took the pin away from McChrystal himself after lots of military protocol advise. Hastings was just the worker bee, and ultimately the Senior Editor of Rolling Stone gets the responsibility for publishing that.

Realize that this conspiracy is tied to Assange now, not a wikileaks thing; Assange is in another country. One of Assange's people could have done it, to shut him up of something. Maybe his phone was tapped and upon certain news the assassins decided to take the next step. Maybe a judge or a big attorney wanted him out of the equation, that it has little to do with the stories he says but the measure of how successful he is when his stories happen. They were dreading a future event which prompted their response.

Aaaand...this is another piece of the puzzle that adds up to world war 3 bargaining among politicians or future politicians, and national agencies work, so completing a circuit of evidence on Internet could cause problems in my personal life. They weren't totally after him, but after hiding a story, and it might be a foreign nation doing the hiding, not US. And yeah the FBI has a prejudice against the people related to the concept behind wikileaks. Sadly, they are paranoid about whodunit and they are delusional about who is guilty; say "cyber" and "wikileaks" and maybe read 2600 one day out of curiosity, and it sets off a chain reaction that unlocks hate in them, it blurs their judgment, even though you couldn't and wouldn't attempt anything illegal with that knowledge if you tried, because computer math is hard and prisons are cold. So if they can't find evidence immediately (with Hastings they had plenty), they start generating it and that's how people get framed.

Hastings. That's the name of a coffee shop. Maybe this started with Al Qaida or Anonymous.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
James Corbett of the Corbett report on Hastings:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join