It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House tweets Pic of Obama playing with toy gun on Father's day. EDIT TO ADD: These pics are f

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Kids today make flame throwers out of squirtguns.

Tell me which is more 'dangerous' .

People really need to go watch some Youtube 'stupidity' before casting judgement on gun owners.
edit on 17-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
This is capital "S" stupid.

There is no correspondence between water guns and guns that shoot bullets, and anyone who imagines there is needs to have their head examined.

Publicly. With several jokes at their expense.

As has been said, the officials tasked with our children's education seem to get confused between a partially eaten toaster pastry and a gun that 'shoots bullets'.

Good thing we have them in charge of giving our children the education that they need for the future.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The difference is rather self evident BUT

Kids are kids they act like them anyone expecting them to act like adults is ludicrious.

When the Potus demoniz's guns yeah it is an issue because in the real world extreme's are happening LIKE

KIDS getting thrown out of school for doing exactly what Obama is doing in the picture.

IF Obama's behavior is no 'big deal' then kids should neither be thrown out of school or disciplined.

THAT IS THE POINT.

However people are free to make excuse's for Obama.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Good thing the President doesn't have anything to do with Tort reform, or how stupid the average school administrator is. Or do you want him to add THAT responsibility to the executive branch as well?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

There is no correspondence between water guns and guns that shoot bullets, and anyone who imagines there is needs to have their head examined.

As has been said, the officials tasked with our children's education seem to get confused between a partially eaten toaster pastry and a gun that 'shoots bullets'.

Agreed. Now what again does that have to do with Obama pic from the OP? Face it - you made a bad analogy. It's ok.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Agreed. Now what again does that have to do with Obama pic from the OP? Face it - you made a bad analogy. It's ok.

Maybe the school administrators should take Obama's lead and chill just a bit on expelling students from school for absolutely silly reasons?
The pic shows that it is normal and healthy to play with squirt guns, and it is okay with the President. How do you think it would go over if a kid took the gun in the pic to school? I'm guessing it wouldn't be okay, if they expel kids for eating their PopTarts the wrong way.
edit on 17-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's a water gun. Raise your hand if you've never owned one.

I miss those days.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Maybe the school administrators should take Obama's lead and chill just a bit on expelling students from school for absolutely silly reasons?
The pic shows that it is normal and healthy to play with squirt guns, and it is okay with the President. How do you think it would go over if a kid took the gun in the pic to school? I'm guessing it wouldn't be okay, if they expel kids for eating their PopTarts the wrong way.

I can't argue with that logic. I just wish there were some of it in the OP.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by neo96
When kids are getting thown out of school/discplined for finger guns/ and food guns I say those are the people who don't know the difference between real and toys.

And apparently with this OP ...yourself, butch and others agree with those school policies? No difference between a squirt-gun and an AR-15?

Or is it that you demanding that the Obama administration should begin an initiative to over-ride and dictate to the few outlier local school boards on where they draw the line with thier zero-tolerance-no-gun policies? Perhaps issue an Executive Order permitting squirt-guns in public schools?

Confused...

This post by destroydestroydestroy covers it.

No...that post does not cover it.

You are furthering a false and useful rhetoric that the President is demonizing gun owners.

That false rhetoric is neccessary to paint rational measures that President Ronald Reagan himself proposed...as extreme.

And let me be absolutely clear. Like most Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. I respect our strong tradition of gun ownership and the rights of hunters and sportsmen. There are millions of responsible, law-abiding gun owners in America who cherish their right to bear arms for hunting or sport or protection or collection.

And the President said this...AFTER NEWTOWN..

To equate measures such as background checks at gun shows, or steps to prohibit the mentally ill from buying automatic weapons...to equate those rational aspirations with the President is anti-squirt-guns...Hypocrite!

That is some crazy desperation...and I am pretty sure you know it, whatever posts might follow.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

.to equate those rational aspirations with the President is anti-squirt-guns...Hypocrite!

I'm pretty sure that the President is pro-squirt guns....

As the picture shows.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Sure...maybe..and maybe those local school boards in the south that insist on teaching "intelligent design" as a scientific theorey equal to evolution..should listen to the scientific community...

Should've, could've, would've...still unclear how the President is involved with local school board policies? We either grant localities the rights to decide such things or we let Big Gov do it's thing?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Kids today make flame throwers out of squirtguns.

What do you mean "kids today"? Hell, we used to tape a lighter to a spray paint can for a flamethrower.

Tell me which is more 'dangerous' .

An AR-15...or pretty much any other gun that can kill with ease and certaintity...

Do you disagree?
edit on 17-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that the President is pro-squirt guns....

As the picture shows.

Well, at least we agree on that evidence

Now...what to do with that?....The devil is the spin...

You have a swing and a miss here...The President doesn't want to ban squirt-guns and squirt-guns aren't an AR-15.

To cross the ground required to spin this into an NRA piece requires more BSing and disregard for logic than the average bear is comfortable with.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

So Obama only beleives hunters and sportsman only have second amendment rights.

Anyone else tough luck.

For the record on the thousand of gun laws ALREADY on the books 'mental people' are ALREADY prohibted.

But hey who cares right just say Obama is pro second which is a flat out lie that limit people to nothing but single shot bolt action rifles, and other guns like single shot shotguns.

People are free to continue using the 'Patriot act argument' for 'gun control' that's been proven to be virutally ineffective.

OVer 70 years of gun laws what's a few more!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

An AR-15...or pretty much any other gun that kill with ease and certaintity...

Obviously the AR-15 in the polices hand that have killed more people that us 'bad gun owners'.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hell I am going all in for this thread at how HYpOCRTICAL Obama and his supporters are

The US is one of the largest gun dealers in the world where we have seen their handy work in the ME both dictator and freedom fighter alike.

IN Mexico, and other South American countries, In Asia, and the icing on the cake.

Americans NO YOU SHOULDN"T own an AR-15 but then the same GOVERNMENT turns around and gives MACHINE GUNS,GRENADES< and ROCKET launchers to those 'freedom fighters' in Syria.

AR's are bad in our hands you know the people who aren't actually going around killing others, they are fine in those who ARE killing.

HYPOCRITES!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

So Obama only beleives hunters and sportsman only have second amendment rights.

Anyone else tough luck.

I am pretty sure you can read?...Let me bold it for you..

And let me be absolutely clear. Like most Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. I respect our strong tradition of gun ownership and the rights of hunters and sportsmen. There are millions of responsible, law-abiding gun owners in America who cherish their right to bear arms for hunting or sport or protection or collection.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I can read I can also look up stuff like this

'just because you have in individual right doesn't mean anything'.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Obviously the AR-15 in the polices hand that have killed more people that us 'bad gun owners'.

That wasn't the question. You asked which is more dangerous...a squirt gun or an AR-15...assuming the kids loaded the squirt gun with gas and used it to shoot fire.

It was silly argument and I don't blame you for trying to wave your hand and pretend you meant something else.

As for your newly invented argument, it is the job of police to respond to criminal activity...and though you failed to cite any numbers to support your claim, even if you were right it would be like saying that active soldiers are more likely to shoot someone with thier gun than the average American citizen.

Apples to oranges there...since thier occupation involves violent conflict....though I am sure that logic won't stop you

edit on 17-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Seriously, you guys are debating whether water guns are okay?

Please stop and think about what you are doing here and asinine it is.

And what image does it project? It projects the image of a water gun. For play. It's a toy. We have a healthy President who likes to take a minute to play with kids. It's a good thing.

Get a grip, folks.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join